Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

See The Terrifying Things Google Knows About You - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / See The Terrifying Things Google Knows About You (964 Views)

Who Knows About Template Monster / 6 Personal Details Every Website And App You Use Knows About You / How To See And Delete All The Embarrassing Stuff Google Knows About You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Terrifying Things Google Knows About You by nze4al(m): 3:47pm On Mar 20, 2016
Are you aware that the technology we use and interact with on a daily basis is tracking and recording our every move?

Google, Facebook and many others has built a detailed character profile of all its users, and they are always tracking your location, and data.

So by following these five simple steps you can see just how much Google knows about you, your interests, the places you have visited, and your search habits.

▶ First make sure you’re logged into a Google account

Google only saves the searches you have made while logged into an unrestricted Google account. While it might not have every search you’ve ever made, it can give you a pretty accurate picture of your browsing habits.

▶ Then go to or vist www.google.com/history on your browser.

▶ Select the down arrow next to “last week” and change it to “all time”

▶ Browse your more recent search history by selecting “last month” and “last year”

▶ Deleting your browsing data

You can delete the search data Google has stored for you by clicking the three dots on the top right hand side of the window and selecting “Delete options”. It gives you the immediate option to delete data from “Today” and “Yesterday”. If you click “Advanced” it then lets you delete information from the last four weeks or “All time”.

▶ Google knows where you’ve been

If you click the three dots in the top right hand corner of the window and select “Settings” then “Show more controls” you can “Manage Activity” under the “Places you Go” tab. If you don’t have location services turned off this will show you a map of all of the places where you have used your mobile device. This is part of Google’s Timeline, which it launched last year.

▶ See how old Google thinks you are

If you scroll to the bottom of the “Activity controls” page and select “Ads” you can see the profile Google has for you, including a rough age range, your gender, and your interests. If you don’t agree with the profile Google has created for you, then you can change it to make it more (or less) accurate.

Source: http://www.techmzy.com.ng/2016/03/20/see-terrifying-things-google-knows/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Terrifying Things Google Knows About You by coolk(m): 3:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
Tnks 4 d info
Re: See The Terrifying Things Google Knows About You by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2016
nice, can I also use it to know what my bf is doing now? grin
Re: See The Terrifying Things Google Knows About You by nze4al(m): 4:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
Geraldyne:
Lols ....u can try it out nah tongue
Re: See The Terrifying Things Google Knows About You by jideprof: 4:22pm On Mar 20, 2016
Geraldyne:

He Must Be Enjoying Himself With An Olosho Right Now. grin tongue
Re: See The Terrifying Things Google Knows About You by kingvectorv(m): 8:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
Nice Post
Re: See The Terrifying Things Google Knows About You by goverment(m): 9:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
wetin that guy post for there no b lie. i have try it and its true

you can use it to view someone search history or the site the person visit, by using that link on the person phone

(1) (Reply)

(MUST READ) How I Made $20,000 A Day From My Home / Adsense With £123 Pounds 4 Sale Contact Me!!! / How Much Does It Cost To Build A Ponzi Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.