Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,831 members, 7,831,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Ladies, What The Bible Says About Covering Your Hair. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ladies, What The Bible Says About Covering Your Hair. (577 Views)

What The Bible Says About Relationships / What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church / What does the Bible says about Christian suffering, should a Christian suffer??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, What The Bible Says About Covering Your Hair. by swiitJese(f): 9:41pm On Mar 20, 2016
So, this was the topic for Sunday sermon. 1st Corinthians 11: 1-16, it goes thus

1.Be ye followers of me, even as I also [am] of Christ.

2.Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered [them] to you.

3.But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.

4.Every man praying or prophesying, having [his] head covered, dishonoureth his head.

5.But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with [her] head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6.For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

7.For a man indeed ought not to cover [his] head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

8.For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.

9.Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

10.For this cause ought the woman to have power on [her] head because of the angels.

11.Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

12. For as the woman [is] of the man, even so [is] the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

13. Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

14.Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

15.But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for [her] hair is given her for a covering.

16.But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

Normally, men don't put on caps in the house of God because it dishonours the head, but that of ladies is different.

I am not of the opinion that you should not oppress your fellow ladies with your hairstyles grin , just give one day out of the week to cover your hair unto honor in God's house, in fact immediately you come out of church, you can fling the scarf away. Like the book said, if you cannot cover, you cut or shave tongue

Please let's honour the covering (glory) that God gave us.
Re: Ladies, What The Bible Says About Covering Your Hair. by Tonykings: 10:01pm On Mar 20, 2016
This is the reason why intelligent people wouldn't listen to the the gospel ... The bible says "cover your head" some ignorant folks will say "cover your hair" ...... Then the bible also says a woman that has long hair is covering for the head....

Read your bible my sister, don't embarrass us!

Where did you get the cover your head gospel from? I am not against covering of hair, but at least let's know the right things thanks
Re: Ladies, What The Bible Says About Covering Your Hair. by swiitJese(f): 10:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
Tonykings:
This is the reason why intelligent people wouldn't listen to the the gospel ... The bible says "cover your head" some ignorant folks will say "cover your hair" ...... Then the bible also says a woman that has long hair is covering for the head....

Read your bible my sister, don't embarrass us!

Where did you get the cover your head gospel from? I am not against covering of hair, but at least let's know the right things thanks

U, read your bible.
Re: Ladies, What The Bible Says About Covering Your Hair. by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 21, 2016
My question is what harm does it do when you cover your head or hair (whatever you believe it to be) for few hours in God's presence? Why not be on the saver-side if truely we are targeting to reign with Jesus at the last day.
Re: Ladies, What The Bible Says About Covering Your Hair. by Tonykings: 2:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
No harm actually, but people criticize ppl that don't... We've past the time where pastors or priest tell you what the bible says, we have to read it for ourselves now, digest and understand what it says....ignorance is a killer!!!

(1) (Reply)

Moses' Striking The Rock Twice / Are You A Garri Lady Or Bread Lady? / See The Church Poster I Saw Today Asking People To Run For Their Lives.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.