Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? (5378 Views)

‘Same’ Things That Most People Don’t Know Are Actually Different / 4 Mistakes 99% Of Students Make That’ll Slow Their Progress After Graduation / Facts About Nigeria: You'll Be Shocked To Find Out You Don't Know 99% Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by meekmellor: 4:41am On Mar 21, 2016
This tiny has an orange coloured pulp which have a sweet and sour taste and a dry powdery texture, it is a great source of nutrients for human food and animal feeds. It is a very popular fruit snack, particularly among children, who peel the black velvet case to reveal an orange pulp which is eaten raw Its Popularly known as Awin, by the Yoruba people, Icheku by the Igbos, and Tsamiyar kurm by the Hausas in Nigeria. What Is The Real Name Of The Fruit?

Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by Nobody: 5:06am On Mar 21, 2016
Is this only grown in Africa? I never seen this here in Asia grin

3 Likes

Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by shikshark: 5:46am On Mar 21, 2016
its actually called velvet tamarind........and im so sure its not in asia....only in africa

8 Likes

Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by aminho(m): 6:21am On Mar 21, 2016
Tsamiyan biri in hausa monkey tamarind

1 Like

Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by dan9ice(m): 8:01am On Mar 21, 2016
Likiliki.. Is not lil kesh oo

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by theshaderoom: 8:33am On Mar 21, 2016
Velvet Tamarind

1 Like

Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by SexyStrawberry(f): 9:27am On Mar 21, 2016
dan9ice:
Likiliki..
grin grin grin grin
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by IyfeNamikaze(m): 9:37am On Mar 21, 2016
the Op is suffering from inferiority complex and mental slavery. what do you mean by REAL NAME? so whatever the Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa call it is fake to you because these people are not whites? shame on you!!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by hardbody: 10:03am On Mar 21, 2016
It is nchici or ukwubia in my local dialect. I am part of the 1% that knows the name grin

3 Likes

Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by Thebrightest(m): 10:07am On Mar 21, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:
the Op is suffering from inferiority complex and mental slavery. what do you mean by REAL NAME? so whatever the Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa call it is fake to you because these people are not whites? shame on you!!!
Ask your self are those local names recognised world wide?

1 Like

Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by UncleSnr(m): 10:30am On Mar 21, 2016
KashyBaby:
Is this only grown in Africa? I never seen this here in Asia grin
It can be found in Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialium_indum
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 21, 2016
oboy come c amuge grin

1 Like

Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by JVCeasybird: 10:53am On Mar 21, 2016
99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by
meekmellor : 4:41am
This tiny has an orange coloured pulp which have a sweet
and sour taste and a dry powdery texture, it is a great
source of nutrients for human food and animal feeds. It is a
very popular fruit snack, particularly among children, who
peel the black velvet case to reveal an orange pulp which is
eaten raw Its Popularly known as Awin, by the Yoruba
people, Icheku by the Igbos, and Tsamiyar kurm by the
Hausas in Nigeria. What Is The Real Name Of The Fruit?

the Op is suffering from inferiority complex and mental
slavery. what do you mean by REAL NAME? so whatever the
Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa call it is fake to you because these
people are not whites? shame on you!!!

Op, how about re-phrasing your topic to '. . .people do not know the botanical name or the world generalized name for this fruit.'

1 Like

Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by rattlesnake(m): 11:24am On Mar 21, 2016
meekmellor:
and sour taste and a dry powdery texture, it is a great source
of nutrients for human food and animal feeds.
It is a very popular fruit snack, particularly among children,
who peel the black velvet case to reveal an orange pulp
which is eaten raw Its Popularly known as Awin, by the
Yoruba people, Icheku by the Igbos, and Tsamiyar kurm by
the Hausas in Nigeria.
What Is The Real Name Of The Fruit?
so the three names u called are not names.... Smh black man ode
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by tobishills12(m): 11:43am On Mar 21, 2016
wetin concern me? nah lickie likie we dey call am for my side

anyways check my signature
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 21, 2016
UncleSnr:
It can be found in Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialium_indum

Oohh I never seen this...maybe they don't sell this at all here..
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by Martiyu(m): 11:48am On Mar 21, 2016
hardbody:
It is nchici or ukwubia in my local dialect. I am part of the 1% that knows the name grin

Hello, I mailed you but I am yet to get any reply from you yet.

I need some information from you about a programme. I'l be very grateful if I can discuss with you privately... My mail is martiyu4real@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by ellechrystal(f): 12:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
Black velvet tamarind

1 Like

Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by Donpre(m): 2:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
Mum calls it ucheku... Lil bro calls it likiliki

I don't care about the name, I just devour the damn thing till my tongue gets sore

BTW Op, all names re real.... Instead you should have asked "what do Americans (White people) call it?"
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by IyfeNamikaze(m): 3:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
Thebrightest:
undecided have you been drinking your piss?
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by SULBELL(m): 4:12pm On Mar 21, 2016
SO to you those names u called it were fake undecided not until one oyinbo wey no no the root of the fruit call am one stupid name wey u go ned to twist ur tongue be4 u fit call am na him you go believe say na the original name be that. ok o no problem
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by Mustay(m): 4:49pm On Mar 21, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:

. . .because these names are not in ENGLISH.
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by IyfeNamikaze(m): 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2016
Mustay:

. . .because these names are not in ENGLISH.
so any name that is not English is fake?
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by abumeinben(m): 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2016
meekmellor:
the Hausas in Nigeria.

I don't understand what u mean by real name here. Are the three names u mentioned imaginary or fake?
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by Mustay(m): 5:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:
so any name that is not English is fake?

Lol. I was emphasizing your point. It has more to do with English language taught by our colonialists, rather than 'whites' as you used there.
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
Itz called Black velvet tamarind......
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by Kuronima: 8:49pm On Mar 21, 2016
Oh that's what it's called... We call it "segun"... I think someone wasn't listening when the igbo seller said it was Icheku grin
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by Lessonteacher(f): 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:
lol
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by pointblank247(m): 11:30pm On Mar 21, 2016
Thebrightest:
we are the world
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by Chuukwudi(m): 2:08am On Mar 22, 2016
meekmellor:
the Hausas in Nigeria.

Igbos call it ickeku, my own dialect says "ugbanjeleke".
Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by BlackOnassis(m): 4:05am On Mar 22, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:

Thank you o, i was about to say the same thing. The OP gives us 3 different names and is still asking for the "real" name. e be like say the guy dey work for JAMB. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 99% Of People Don’t Know The Real Name, Do You? by Nobody: 5:25am On Mar 22, 2016
hardbody:
Hehe...'ukwubia'! The uniqueness of language smiley. We call it 'Chichiba' lol. Have heard an Enugu fellow call it 'Nchichi' you mentioned smiley.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ss3 Canceled By Goverment / Learn Computer Programming. Drop Your Number.(whatsapp Group) / Niger Delta University Post Utme 2010/2011 Result And Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.