Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

See The More Reason Why Your Phone Should Be Switched Off While In A Plane - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The More Reason Why Your Phone Should Be Switched Off While In A Plane (1855 Views)

Budget Of 40k, Which Phone Should I Buy? / If You Don’t Put Your Phone In Flight Mode On A Plane, This Happens / I Switched From Android To Iphone For Two Months. Here's What I Learned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The More Reason Why Your Phone Should Be Switched Off While In A Plane by Kyliegame: 1:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
Traveler Anna Crail had a scary moment while on-board flight from Alaska to Hawaii after he phone suddenly burst into flames. According to her, she was watching TV on her iPhone 6 when smoke started to curl up from it as they were in midair on Thursday. She told Komo News she had been on a flight from Alaska to Hawaii with 162 other passengers, over the Pacific Ocean when the phone com-busted.

‘All of the sudden there was like 8-inch flames coming out of my phone, And I flipped it off onto the ground and it got under someone’s seat, and the flames were just getting higher and a bunch of people stood up.’

It’s not clear what caused the phone to catch light, but Aviation expert John Nance told Komo it showed the importance of keeping your phone on Airplane mode to avoid straining the battery by constantly looking for signal

SOURCE; http://www.juicygossips.com.ng/2016/03/see-more-reason-why-your-phone-should.html

Re: See The More Reason Why Your Phone Should Be Switched Off While In A Plane by Kyliegame: 1:52pm On Mar 21, 2016
For safety precautions, please always turn off your phone while on-board a plane, especially all these people that love taking selfies in the plane undecided your life is more important than that picture

SOURCE; http://www.juicygossips.com.ng/2016/03/see-more-reason-why-your-phone-should.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The More Reason Why Your Phone Should Be Switched Off While In A Plane by wins18(m): 7:31pm On Mar 21, 2016
pix or Idonbelivit
Re: See The More Reason Why Your Phone Should Be Switched Off While In A Plane by joey150(m): 11:17pm On Mar 21, 2016
Yeye news...
The woman dey use chinko.

So na only for plane phone fit struggle for signal?
Re: See The More Reason Why Your Phone Should Be Switched Off While In A Plane by seunlayi(m): 1:56am On Mar 22, 2016
Obey first and besides, what will take you to switch it off for just few hours?

2 Likes

Re: See The More Reason Why Your Phone Should Be Switched Off While In A Plane by Nobody: 2:17am On Mar 22, 2016
Re: See The More Reason Why Your Phone Should Be Switched Off While In A Plane by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 22, 2016
The airline who are the safety experts only asks that you put it airplane mode. No more no less.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A 20000mah Romoss Power Bank- Asap / Pls Ur Advice Is Urgently Needed Here / Telegram Raises Group Members Limit To 20k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.