Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Michael Jackson Was To Visit Nigeria – Brother - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Michael Jackson Was To Visit Nigeria – Brother (4402 Views)

Micheal Jackson Was The Most Unsanitary Hollywood Person - Maids / Michael Jackson Was A Nigerian And A Badagry Ancient idol. / Michael Jackson Was Bald (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michael Jackson Was To Visit Nigeria – Brother by OneNaija(m): 11:57am On Jul 23, 2009
Marlon Jackson, a member of the rested Jackson Five and an elder brother to the late king of pop, Michael Jackson on Wednesday pledged to assist the Federal Government in seeking a lasting solution to the intractable Niger -Delta crisis.

The 52-year-old businessman, who is developing a tourism project in Badagry area of Lagos, also disclosed that Michael Jackson would have been in Nigeria later in the year to inspect the project.

Marlon, who arrived Lagos from the United States aboard a Delta Airways flight at about 3.30pm, told reporters that his organisation, Study Peace Worldwide and the Jacksons Peace Foundation, are prepared to meet with the Federal Government and other stakeholders towards a peaceful resolution of the crises in the restive region.

His words: “As the founder and CEO of Study Peace Worldwide, I’m willing to offer my assistance towards a peaceful resolution of the Niger Delta crisis. I’m prepared to meet with the Federal Government and other stakeholders. We must understand, all the world leaders, presidents, kings and humanity in general, that our creator created us not to be at war with one another, not to judge one another, but to love one another.

We want to create a peaceful environment for ourselves globally. And our creator will not judge you on your material wealth, but on what you did for others. We must spread love and enthrone peace. We need to understand one another and promote peace in the world.”
Marlon, who declined comments on the alleged murder of his brother, said a competent team of investigators is handling the case. He said the Jackson family was still mourning the loss of the pop icon.

Speaking about his mission in Nigeria, Marlon, who was obviously fatigued after a long flight from the US, said he would, alongside his partners, develop a historical centre in Badagry that will comprise museums, pavilions, African drums and rhythms, as well as a museum on the Jacksons and his late brother.

He spoke further: “I saw Michael last in May when our family had a function for my father and my mother. A lot of our family members were there, including Michael. That was the last time I saw my brother alive. He knew I had just come back from Nigeria and he was interested in what I was doing in Nigeria because he had never visited Nigeria. I talked to him about the project that we are doing in Badagry here and he was interested in the project.”

Marlon also disclosed his late brother’s intention to visit Nigeria later in the year. Said he: “I’ve always told people that we were Africans before we became African Americans. And it is important for the people of the world to know what our forefathers went through. He (Michael) was looking forward to the project and then he would have come and see it. And I assured him that we would finish the project and that he would see it. We will still finish the project, but he will not see it. But I know he will see it in spirit.”

Meanwhile, former presidents of the Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria (PMAN), Tee Mac Omatsola Iseli and Bolaji Rosiji, said a memorial charity concert in honour of Michael Jackson will hold in Lagos on August 29. The proceeds of the concert will be donated to charity organisations, they said.
Rosiji added that a team of stakeholders, including Goranga Foundation, Z-Mirage Lyrics Magazine and others are supporting the concert.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/july/23/national-23-07-2009-03.htm
Re: Michael Jackson Was To Visit Nigeria – Brother by spikedcylinder: 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2009
So what?
All these desperate attempts to feel important sha. undecided
Re: Michael Jackson Was To Visit Nigeria – Brother by mamag3: 6:04pm On Jul 31, 2009
I can't believe people still believe this Nigerian liars.
Re: Michael Jackson Was To Visit Nigeria – Brother by CrudeOil2(m): 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2009
He was also suppose to come to my house and eat isi ewu with palm wine.
Re: Michael Jackson Was To Visit Nigeria – Brother by Donvilo(m): 7:59am On Aug 01, 2009
@spikedcylinder. And what makes u think that he wants to feel goddamn important?
@topic. That would hav been the most nicest thing ever! wink

1 Like

Re: Michael Jackson Was To Visit Nigeria – Brother by chrisical(m): 11:33am On Aug 05, 2009
Nonsense
Re: Michael Jackson Was To Visit Nigeria – Brother by chrisical(m): 11:36am On Aug 05, 2009
Person we don die finish una they speculate gibberish.
Re: Michael Jackson Was To Visit Nigeria – Brother by mamagee6(f): 5:21pm On Aug 08, 2009
He was supposed to tap palm wine with me in Emekuku Village. undecided
Re: Michael Jackson Was To Visit Nigeria – Brother by Basic123: 9:27am On Mar 20, 2019
mamagee6:
He was supposed to tap palm wine with me in Emekuku Village. undecided
are you still on nairaland

(1) (Reply)

Photos : Psquare Building Another Mansion In Park View Estate, Lagos / Brazilian Model Breastfeeds Calve! / Pic: Lynxxx And Nollywood Actress Genevieve Shares A Cute Selfie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.