Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,428 members, 7,861,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:35 AM

Why Psquare Should Break Up - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Psquare Should Break Up (430 Views)

Davido Gives Explanations On Why Psquare Did Not Perform At His Concert / Video: See Why PSQUARE Should Break Up By Osagie Alonge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Psquare Should Break Up by Jetworlder(m): 9:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
For so long now, the duo of Peter and Paul of the Psquare fame has been in the news over the disagreement rocking the group, particuluarly between Peter Okoye and their elder brother Jude Okoye, their embattled manager.
From my own view, since Peter the most concerned about this saga has blurted "No more family business" in affirmation of his decision that Jude must not remain their manager if Psquare must continue to exist. But Paul retorted saying, " if you don't do family business, then who am I to you?" This is really getting interesting even as the former governor of their home state Peter Obi decided to intervene and make peace between them.
To me, as they've refused all pleas from their fans and well wishers to make peace and continue as a musical group, then going their separate ways is indeed a good decision as they've both proved that by releasing singles independently, with Paul establishing a new record label and Peter unveiled his new stage name as well as new management.
Looking at the disintegration, I think that nobody can really be blamed. Jude has been more than generous to his twin brothers. The duo has been generous too by agreeing to share all their profits equally with him too. But, the actual problem lies on what Peter alleged that Jude and Paul does that he distastes. Peter is a composer, producer, singer and the lead dancer. But, if they're to launch a new album that might feature 12 or 14 songs, only 3 or 4 of Peter's works will be voted for. That's so unfair! And the worst of it is that, none of their hit songs has credit to Peter's production. All their hit songs were written and produced by Paul. Are we supposed to believe that Peter can't write hit songs or his productions can't make a song a hit? No! But, it's just that too many hits just can't be in one single album, instead, they'll be released as singles.
At this extent, breaking up is indeed a good option for the musical twins. This will allow us the spectators of the whole event to see actually, who's making Psquare the "Squared" group they are. Lets see what will become of Jude, Paul and Peter as they each go on solo to mind their business.
By this, lets watch and see how many artists Jude may develope or raise to fame as he did to his brothers, in the same vein Don Jazzy of Mavin Dynasty and Kenny Ogungbe of Kennis Music is doing, lets just see what will become of Northside Entertainment. We'll also be keeping an eye on Paul and his Rudeboy Records, lets see how this independence will project him as a master musician without the backup voice of his twin brother which makes all his productions hits! For Peter, sure, we'll be seeing much dancing this time which people like me will love to see, but what about vocals, can he make it without the first verse introduction of his twin Paul?
We all know how the Plantashun Boiz split and each started their solo careers and we're witnesses of the result of that seperation. If there was still Plantashun Boiz, I don't think that a talent like Tuface would have been discovered or more still become a legend to reckon on in Africa's music industry. If Faze was still in that group, I don't think we would have been enjoying tracks like Originality, You need somebody etc.
As adventuristic our minds are, I'll say that if Psquare is done working as a group, they should please remain single as they are now lets see what is going to become of them. Whether they chose to call it quit with music now, one thing for sure is that they will never be poor again in their lives as they've acquired more than enough wealth. As Peter said in Collabo; "if I no get money I get place to borrow", they've got connection and fame, that is enough.
Re: Why Psquare Should Break Up by ShutdownBrown24(m): 10:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
Pray for Psquare?
Psqare.
Psquare might be having issues,but they're not poor.
They can afford to travel to any country of their choice. They have properties ooo, not property,but properties in Lagos,Abuja and even AMERICA.
PETER COULD AFFORD TO LIVE IN TURKEY AND LONDON FOR A WHOLE MONTH.
It's not as if they're sick or on their death bed.
Me.
The money in my account is not up to 1000. In fact, as at now,I have #940.00 in my account. Na so I poor reach.
I can't afford to get myself the shoes I've been eyeing for weeks. I can't do anything because I ain't got a dime.
In short, I AM BROKE. it's nothing to be ashamed of.
So in your dreams,I will abandon my life and be praying for Psquare? Am I mad? Am I high? Is the devil dancing sekem in my head? Or am I smoking something that has soured?
In case you have nothing to pray about,pray for me.
If you have nothing to cry about, cry for me. But if I see you praying for Psquare,I will assume that you have no problems in life,and I will send you my account number,so that you can pray into it.
Thanking you.

(1) (Reply)

Family And Friends Having Private Memorial Of Prince Roger's Death / MBGN 2013 Vs FOP/SS 2015 / Patience Ozokwor Becomes Born Again Dumps Nollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.