Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Lamentations About My Obnoxious Neighbor - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lamentations About My Obnoxious Neighbor (637 Views)

The Tale Of My Greedy Neighbor (2) By Tosan Tarre / The Tale Of My Greedy Neighbor By Tosan Tarre / The Lamentations Of A Grateful Heart (A Poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lamentations About My Obnoxious Neighbor by PenAStory: 11:28am On Mar 22, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/03/22/lamentations-about-my-obnoxious-neighbor-moses-okesola/

’’Yisa, come and open this gate,’’ I honked at my gateman. After being on the island all day, I was finally glad to be back home on the mainland. After the usual six hours traffic and the stress I faced at work, I wanted nothing more than to take a cold shower and jump straight into my soft comfy bed. My job like most people on the mainland took me from home as early as 4:00am and on a good day, I got home around 10:00pm. After reprimanding the gateman for not opening the gate quickly enough, I parked my car and turned towards my flat when I heard my neighbor’s loud massive generator. I was immediately devastated ’”Oh God I moaned, Mr. Chukwudi don come again o,’’ I said aloud to myself.

No one knew exactly what Mr. Chukwudi did for a living exactly but we all knew he was a very wealthy man. He had three cars of which one was a jeep and he was always throwing parties. He brought all kinds of women into the house. Different varieties, if you ask me. From tall and short women, to skinny and curvy ones. His apartment was also tastefully furnished with most of the latest electronic gadgets and furnishings from what I could see that time I and some of the other neighbors had attended one of his parties. That had been when he first moved in and according to him, it was his way of getting better acquainted. I got to know things the hard way as I soon realized that his party was more an orgy than a social gathering.

The strange thing was that he was always home and as if that wasn’t bad enough, his generator was always on. I mean 24/7 on. I mean, who puts on their generator 24/7 including the times there is power supply? Well, I can tell you one person and he is none other than Mr. Chukwudi. My other two neighbors and I have complained to him multiple number of times about his very loud generator but he has never done anything about it. He is most people’s definition of a bad neighbor and he also never partakes in any of our general meetings. He throws parties on weekends and invites the whole neighborhood. Whenever we wake up the following morning to partake in the mandatory environmental cleaning exercise, we always found empty alcohol bottles and condom wrappers all around the compound. The funny thing was that he never partook in the cleaning exercises. After raising our voices at each other, he would sometimes pay a cleaning lady to clean the compound.

On several occasions, we reported him to the landlord who happens to be based abroad but dspite the promises to do something about it, nothing has really done anything about it. I sometimes tell him (Mr. Chukwudi) that he was lucky to get away with all what he does, because he was living among bachelors and not married couples with children because his parties were always too loud and obnoxious, I have sometimes had to stay over at a friend’s on weekends when I am supposed to rest in my own apartment where I pay rent. Sometimes, it was as if we had a night club in our compound and in a way, I suppose we have one.

Surprisingly, Mr. Chukwudi was the last person to move into our compound. My neighbors and I have tried almost everything to get him to change into a better neighbor but it seemed all our efforts so far kept hitting a brick wall. I remember when it was just I and my two other neighbors. It was heaven then, because everywhere was serene and calm. There was this aura of peace and tranquility everywhere and that was one of the main reasons I moved into that neighborhood but now all that joyful memories remains buried in the past as if they never existed.

I have considered moving as that’s what most friends and family have advised me to do, but I still wonder why I should be the one to move. After all, he met me there. Besides, good houses like mine are really expensive and scarce. My neighbors and I are so desperate now that we may even resort to hiring kidnappers to take care of business. It’s that serious. God knows people have been kidnapped for lesser reasons.

Source: PenAStory www.penastory.com

(1) (Reply)

Trust Me, Everybody Needs This Book –available On Konga, Amazon, Greenmall, Lulu / Which Language/ Tribe In Nigeria Is The Most Popular? I Think Is... / Reasoning! Why Is This Called .....? I Need Your Brains Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.