Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

The Memoirs Of A Dying Man(election Violence) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Memoirs Of A Dying Man(election Violence) (624 Views)

Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) / HERO (A Violence, Mind Control And Sex Story) a story by Queenliz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Memoirs Of A Dying Man(election Violence) by hitleraldof(m): 10:30pm On Mar 22, 2016
THE MEMOIRS OF A DYING MAN
We've been told that Everyday we wake up brings us closer to our grave. But what if you were to know the exact time,place and moment of your death. What if you are lying down In a pool if your own blood--dying.
Well now you get the picture. I was shot-at close range with a 9mm semi automatic pistol-and I'm lying on the floor with ballot papers strewn around me. And ignore that crap they say about seeing your whole life flashing in front of you. All I can think about is how it hurts. It hurts so bad.
Am I afraid of dying? Who cares,I am dying that's all that matters. Greatest regret? Right now I would say getting shot. Maybe if I taught properly, maybe if I am not on the floor-thinking about how much it hurts,maybe if my eyes are not blinded by this red hot pain then maybe I would regret something different like not having a baby or not asking out a hot girl I liked or any such frivolity. But no. No maybes for me. Who would tell my story, who would weep for me. A life cut in its prime.
How does it feel? Imagine someone stabs you with a knife. Imagine that first pain when the knife penetrates your skin,now multiply it a thousand times. That's how I feel. My mind is on overdrive-I can't focus. The pain, o the pain. It seems to be the one thing my mind can latch on. Maybe if I am not so consumed by the pain then I would be angry. Infuriated with the thugs that shot me. No! angry with myself.
Re: The Memoirs Of A Dying Man(election Violence) by hitleraldof(m): 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
For the world of me I can't even begin to imagine what made me do it. What made me grab her hand when she reached for the results sheet. I had stood by unable to run while every other person in the polling unit took to their heels as soon as the hilux filled with armed men drove in. I stood transfixed as they smashed the card reader, I stood in trance as they grabbed the ballot box filled with caste votes. I saw my hands moving tried to stop it but it had a mind of its own and it grabbed her as she reached for the results sheet. Funny, I wasn't trying to be brave no it was nothing of such. I guess it makes for a nice psychological case study- things our body does when our mind takes a break.LOL
She- the only female among them-simply brushed off my hand, folded up the sheet and put it in my breast pocket saying "shey na your papa property, oya I dash you".
The pain, I'm shot, it hurts so much. I can't even think. All my mind projects is the pain. I can't say which of them shot me . Was it her? the driver?probably one of the other men,the one with the amulet I suppose. It hurts, I'm just another John Doe caught in the web of political ambitions. It hurts, her smile when she put it in my pocket, the sound of their hilux leaving, the sound of............ .......................The End

(1) (Reply)

Flash Fiction: The Invasion. / Another Fenced Heart ( Reposted) / The Vow - Chapter 1 Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.