Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Grand And Lovely Palace Of The Oni Of Ife. PICS - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Grand And Lovely Palace Of The Oni Of Ife. PICS (4198 Views)

Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down / Ooni Reacts To Fire At Palace Of Oba Of Lagos / The Palace Of Ado Ibrahim Attah, Ohinoyi Of Ebira Land (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grand And Lovely Palace Of The Oni Of Ife. PICS by aresa: 3:26am On Mar 23, 2016
Very grand and beautiful...

Re: Grand And Lovely Palace Of The Oni Of Ife. PICS by playtheblues(f): 3:35am On Mar 23, 2016
Who funded the building of that lovely palace?

The last time I checked Osun State collected N6m as their revenue allocation.

Super beautiful palace by the way.

1 Like

Re: Grand And Lovely Palace Of The Oni Of Ife. PICS by xreal: 4:29am On Mar 23, 2016
playtheblues:

allowetin?

Nothing coinsain Ooni with State alocation.
Re: Grand And Lovely Palace Of The Oni Of Ife. PICS by prospero5(m): 4:33am On Mar 23, 2016
beautiful fence. I can't build a beautiful house only to use some tall wall fence to cover it. The beauty of my house is supposed to be seen. I love the pillar and iron fencing. The gate is beautiful.

4 Likes

Re: Grand And Lovely Palace Of The Oni Of Ife. PICS by Dollyak(f): 4:34am On Mar 23, 2016
playtheblues:

Yoruba race doesn't start and stop in Osun you know? In my opinion Ooni is the most important and most 'powerful' King in Africa. There is a reason he was called the black Pope by the Europeans (Samuel Johnson, History of Yorubas).
In view of his importance couple with the wealth of the Yorubas, I am sure they can easily generate enough funds to build something more expensive.

Edit: for those who are more likely to mention Alaafin of Oyo. The original concept of power, the sacred is more critical than the profane IMO. In terms of sacredness of Yoruba culture, the spiritual heart of Yoruba culture, the religion of Yoruba culture which permeates the kingship institution, Ooni remains the foremost, which essentially makes him the high priest of yoruba community

6 Likes

Re: Grand And Lovely Palace Of The Oni Of Ife. PICS by ytcat: 4:44am On Mar 23, 2016
Ooni is rich, and the sugar mummy, one mama Daisy may be paying more now that he's a king.

xreal:

allowetin?

Nothing coinsain Ooni with State alocation.
Re: Grand And Lovely Palace Of The Oni Of Ife. PICS by Mjshexy(f): 6:14am On Mar 23, 2016
Dollyak:
Yoruba race doesn't start and stop in Osun you know? In my opinion Ooni is the most important and most 'powerful' King in Africa. There is a reason he was called the black Pope by the Europeans (Samuel Johnson, History of Yorubas).
In view of his importance couple with the wealth of the Yorubas, I am sure they can easily generate enough funds to build something more expensive.

Edit: for those who are more likely to mention Alaafin of Oyo. The original concept of power, the sacred is more critical than the profane IMO. In terms of sacredness of Yoruba culture, the spiritual heart of Yoruba culture, the religion of Yoruba culture which permeates the kingship institution, Ooni remains the foremost, which essentially makes him the high priest of yoruba community
No amount of encomium can be used to describe your vast knowledge, you look so young to know so much about the Yoruba history, No yours is beyond reading ma'am. I humbly salute you princess..

4 Likes

Re: Grand And Lovely Palace Of The Oni Of Ife. PICS by Nobody: 6:34am On Mar 23, 2016
Re: Grand And Lovely Palace Of The Oni Of Ife. PICS by RockHard: 8:32am On Mar 23, 2016
Wow! C'est magnifique! The man sure has great taste. Dollyak and aresa don talk am finish. Check out pix of his Inagbe Grand Beach Resort in Lagos.

http://www..com/talk/topic,277112.0.html

https://www.naij.com/629561-check-photos-ooni-ifes-multi-billion-naira-resort.html

I also read somewhere that he is building an even bigger, better and more magnificent replica of the Lag Resort at Ife. The man na quality man o.

http://thenationonlineng.net/ooni-begins-work-on-n7-6b-resort-in-ile-ife/

Seun, Mynd44, Lalasticala, mods, food is ready.
Re: Grand And Lovely Palace Of The Oni Of Ife. PICS by Dollyak(f): 10:21am On Mar 23, 2016
prospero5:
beautiful fence. I can't build a beautiful house only to use some tall wall fence to cover it. The beauty of my house is supposed to be seen. I love the pillar and iron fencing. The gate is beautiful.
I agree. The fence really compliments the palace. This reminds me of Buckingham palace.

1 Like

Re: Grand And Lovely Palace Of The Oni Of Ife. PICS by micktoxin(m): 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
Beautiful building. I am hoping to visit Ife some day.

(1) (Reply)

What Does this Mean In Yoruba? / Why The Igbo Will Also Commemorate Their Queen Moremi Ajesoro - Igbodefender.com / What Does "Aboki" Mean To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.