Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,810 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official (23259 Views)

ASUU: FG Set To Release N23bn To University Lecturers – Education Minister / 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces / JAMB Has Released Withheld Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by stoicguy(m): 10:15am On Mar 23, 2016
[img]http://www.olisa.tv/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Adamu-Adamu.jpg[/img]

A top official of the Federal Ministry of Education, who pleaded anonymity has told the Daily Times in an exclusive chat that the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, had scolded the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) over the shoddy conduct of this years’ examination and the myriad of controversies that have been trailing the exercise.

The official also disclosed that the Minister is preparing to make appropriate representations to the Federal Executive Council to effect a leadership change at the agency.

‘’Ojerinde’s time appears to be running out fast at JAMB, not with the controversies this time including failure in the technology, late upload of released results, wrong posting of scores with some candidates being awarded greater than what they actually scored while others had their scores downgraded,’’ the official said.

As if corroborating the above concerns, JAMB Registrar, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, admitted that challenges associated with Computer Based Test were partly technical which in time will be addressed.

Addressing journalists on the conduct of the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations, the JAMB Registrar urged Nigerians to embrace the Computer Based test as a benefit to the Nigerian child and also work with the board to ensure its success.

Prof. Ojerinde, who said it is becoming a war conducting examinations in Nigeria following the activities of owners of special centers, accused proprietors of tutorial schools of being behind the protests which was recently carried out by candidates of the last UTME, who stormed the Lagos State House of Assembly recently to protest alleged maltreatment by JAMB in the examination.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/2016-utme-jamb-embarrassed-education-minister-official/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by homeboy205: 10:24am On Mar 23, 2016
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by delishpot: 10:24am On Mar 23, 2016
They should throw the person who should oversee the smooth running of all parts of Jamb in jail for 3 months So the next oga at the top will sit up to avoid strong thing.

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by emenas(m): 10:34am On Mar 23, 2016
to me oooo, i lyk this new computer system..even tho i had a low score i still dont see any reason why sm people shud be protesting.. B4 b4 wen dem dey use ppt, na so so runz everywhere..some ppl no go even read but dem go get 320 while d ones wey read go dey get 201.. I no support APC but i like this change!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by xender(m): 11:29am On Mar 23, 2016
so what are they saying in essence undecided

how will this increase the marks of wrongly scored candidates .
or will this lead to a remark ?

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by callJesu: 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
Send light to that sector of the economy o God
Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by nairagossip: 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
hmm
Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by OnWebTech: 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
imagine

Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by DankemzI(m): 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2016
Abokii tongue
Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2016
cool
Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by paul02: 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2016
ehnn

Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by ernesty20(m): 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2016
Apc itself is an embarrassment.

But buhari himself is a bigger

embarrassment!

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2016
Review March 9th results...........that's all!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by pyxon(m): 2:02pm On Mar 23, 2016
This Buhari administration isn't adding anything to the existing infrastructure in Nigeria. The sad truth is they are even destroying those structures already on ground

1 Like

Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by Femich18(m): 2:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
This year UTME is a disgrace to the Education ministry. How could such a grave error be committed by a Federal Agency as big as that? They just ensured many people dream of matriculating in the university this year in tatters.
Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
different meaning with the topic
Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by tritt(m): 2:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
Common Jamb they can't organize. The country is scattering kpakpata.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by bolt000(m): 2:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
All this sayings are atrocious.
Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by clintino700(m): 2:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
The CBT process jamb is trying to emulate is good but requires high standard not let's manage this or that... In my CENTRE the exams went on smoothly without any hindrances cos d centre were fully prepared for the exams...

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
emenas:
to me oooo, i lyk this new computer system..even tho i had a low score i still dont see any reason why sm people shud be preotsting.. B4 b4 wen dem dey use ppt, na so so runz everywhere..some ppl no go even read but dem go get 320 while d ones wey read go dey get 201.. I no support APC but i like this change!

Jamb has been using CBT since last two years. Who Told you the CBT has something to do with APC?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by clintino700(m): 2:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
I support CBT
emenas:
to me oooo, i lyk this new computer system..even tho i had a low score i still dont see any reason why sm people shud be preotsting.. B4 b4 wen dem dey use ppt, na so so runz everywhere..some ppl no go even read but dem go get 320 while d ones wey read go dey get 201.. I no support APC but i like this change!
Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by MzMercie: 2:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
A whole Nigeria cant conduct CBT exam successfully, wen are we going to get it?
Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by Nienie(f): 2:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hm..tsk tsk tsk tsk..I'll keep praying for my country.
Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
undecidedso it's nw yuah seeing it. Mtcheew. #f*vk_jamb......
Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by refiner(f): 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
and so wat is d result?

its not all about talking....dey should better do somfin abt it!undecided

abeg make una remark dis jamb!
Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by Memyselfu2009(m): 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
Not a Good Move instead they should improve the facilities and make it more efficient and better.
Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by OlujobaSamuel: 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
hmmmmm
seems it's that nonsense anti-guessing software that cause all this rubbish. Why gamble with people's life, what's their gain in all this. That Dibu is now pleading for people's understanding after he go dey talk like autocratic leader, sack am abeg and send am to efcc make he too chop beans small.
Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by xender(m): 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
toposi4naija:
Review March 9th results...........that's all!!!!!!!!!!!
not just 9th.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by Rotimisegun: 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
Jamb so so confused
Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by Ivuogo: 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
Kogi Election - Inconclusive
Bayelsa Election - Inconclusive
Rivers Election - Inconclusive
Now Jamb - Inconclusive
Haba!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by Thescienceprof(m): 2:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
The truth is that Dibu Ojerinde has been a manipulator from the days of John the Baptist. I remember his days with NECO, all manners of A's were awarded to students even in subjects they were absent from. Manipulation runs in his blood

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official by azeecoboy(m): 2:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
make them just re-mark and leave the remaining stories for the god

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is The State Of A School In Ikotun, Lagos (pictures) / Woman Named Marijuana Pepsi Earns Doctoral Degree / Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba Threatens To Shut FGGC Umuahia Over Sanitary Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.