Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,449 members, 7,843,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

No Plan To Convert $20 B In Dom Acct To Naira – Emefiele - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / No Plan To Convert $20 B In Dom Acct To Naira – Emefiele (719 Views)

Emefiele: Forex Scarcity Bringing Out The Best In Nigerians / China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor / Emefiele Predicts Economic Boom For Nigeria In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Plan To Convert $20 B In Dom Acct To Naira – Emefiele by mohaMADbuari: 11:54am On Mar 23, 2016
Responding to questions, the governor said that there were no plans to convert the $20 billion held by Nigerians in domiciliary accounts. “For the avoidance of doubt, the bank will continue to allow domiciliary account holders unfettered access to the funds in their accounts. I need to seize this opportunity to explain that these funds are not idle as have been wronged reported.

Those funds on the balance sheet are funding assets on the other side of the balance sheet,” he said. Mr. Emefiele urged a speedy passage of the 2016 federal government budget in order to halt the depressing effects of the uncertainty that engulfed the waiting period. Knowing that the implementation of the budget will go a long way in boosting business confidence and re-invigorating the financial market.
According to him, the fiscal challenges facing the nation was not peculiar, as according to him, all other oil exporting nations were in similar situation.

His words, “We have been meeting with the fiscal authorities and we have been discussing the direction of the economy and the challenges that face us at this time especially, realizing fully well that this challenge is not peculiar to Nigerian and this is a challenges that confronts practically all economies in the world, whether you are a commodity exporting country or not.”
On Deposit Money banks’ refusal to lend to the private sector, the governor said that there has been rising cases of Non-Performing Loans and that the apex bank was in discussion with the DMBs with a view to working out strategies that would give rise to increased lending without undue risks exposure among the banks.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/no-plan-to-convert-20-b-in-dom-acct-to-naira/
Re: No Plan To Convert $20 B In Dom Acct To Naira – Emefiele by socialmediaman: 12:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
Much more needs to be done to boost investor confidence and encourage export... Nigerian economic policies are too lousy and unstructured... Technology ministries have no structure in place to boost e-trade and investment from the private sector... There is still much capital flight abroad regarding technology development; companies pay billions everyday to develop their tech softwares abroad because there's no confidence in our developers... Various sectors need to work together... I don't know what ministry is responsible for implementing the failed postal code system since the Communication Technology was separated from the Information ministry... There's urgent need for police and customs and immigration reform...
Re: No Plan To Convert $20 B In Dom Acct To Naira – Emefiele by Goodcare(m): 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
make i run book before introvert go com take my space
Re: No Plan To Convert $20 B In Dom Acct To Naira – Emefiele by kennyman2000(m): 3:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Bitcoin: A Simple How To Guide For Consumers / Where Can I Sell My Music Instrumentals Online ??? / United Kingdom (UK) Leaves The European Union (EU)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.