Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Zebra Crossing Day - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Zebra Crossing Day (742 Views)

Menstruating Girls Banned From Crossing Ghana River In Order Not To Provoke The / Or Crossing A Line First. It Can Also Be Determined / Or Crossing A Line First. It Can Also Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zebra Crossing Day by Electroweb(m): 8:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
Guys i was wondering since we have had "no honking day", "no banking day" in the past; we should have "Zebra Crossing Day". A day set aside when all motorist in Nigeria will obey the Zebra Crossings such that Pedestrians will actually walk across them and not run for fear of being knocked down. Gradually it will be a culture being embraced all motorist just like the use of seatbelts. In my little travellings that i have done in two continents, i observe how motorists wait for pedestrians to walk across the Zebra crossing. Imagine a future where our children can actually walk across Zebra crossings.
Re: Zebra Crossing Day by datola: 8:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
It's good idea but promoting such in Nigeria can be deadly because most drivers are illiterates who don't know what zebra crossing is all about. They will just hit and run any how on that day.

The idea is replete with experimenting with people's precious life in the name of zebra crossing day.

There should be great sensitization before that can be tinkered with.
Re: Zebra Crossing Day by Electroweb(m): 10:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
Yeah i agree with you. The sensitization can take some months maybe a year. Then pedestrians will be advised not to struggle the road with recalcitrant drivers. Little by little over a period of years it can be achieved.
Re: Zebra Crossing Day by Electroweb(m): 12:09am On Jun 13, 2018
If only our government can install this type of traffic lights that tell when to cross and whento stop. See pictures below from a typical state in US.

(1) (Reply)

Enugu Man Marries Twelve Year Old Girl / Our Accepting Things As They Are Mentality In Naija / Mother Stands Guard As Man Rapes Her 15-year Old Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.