Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos (2284 Views)

Aerial Photography For Surveys And Lanscaping / See Yahoo Yahoo Boys Terrorising My Street. / See The Snake Killed In My Street 1 Hour Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:27am On Mar 24, 2016
So most people that know me here on Nairaland know me for my short stories. I know, they're amazing! However, asides writing short stories, I have one other hobby - street photography! Lol, I don't know why, but each time I step out of my house everyday, I just feel like taking pictures. Not staged, arranged pictures but random, "real" photos. I've never really thought of sharing them (I mean, it's mainly just a personal hobby) but instead of just having them on my phone (Oh yes, I take these pictures with my phone, not a digital camera), I thought I might just share them here with anyone who might like. As much as possible I don't edit my pictures and when I do, I keep the editing minimal. The point is for anyone that sees them to see exactly what I saw or as close to what I saw as possible. Of course, for the sake of art I'll do a little filtering and editing but hey, this is just for fun. Since I live in Lagos, most of my pictures are from places around Lagos (so if you see your hood, represent!) and that informs my hobby photography name - LensAndLagos

So..... Here goes....
Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:36am On Mar 24, 2016
A Lagos Sunset

There’s something about the setting sun that just gets to me. Maybe it’s the shadows it casts or the sign that another day is done. Either way, the sun going to bed is always awesome to capture. It’s no different in Lagos.

https://greysweaterdude./2016/03/22/picture-a-lagos-sunset/

2 Likes

Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by phemswag: 7:43am On Mar 24, 2016
Waiting for more Bro.

1 Like

Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
Old Lady With An Orange On Eko Bridge.

It’s not all my pictures that actually come out the way I intend. This is one of those that turned out better than I expected. I wasn’t even trying to capture the lady like that. As at when I was approaching (in a moving vehicle), she was just taking out the orange. This picture looks like she was just waiting for the moment I would take the shot. When I looked at it after I passed, I thought: perfection.

https://greysweaterdude./2016/03/24/picture-old-lady-with-an-orange-on-eko-bridge/

3 Likes

Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:44pm On Mar 26, 2016
Old Cathedral, Modern Street Corner

Christ Church Cathedral is one of those icons of Lagos architecture that you identify on sight. And it's one of those buildings that each time I get a picture of, it still looks amazing in a different way. This time, the blend of old-world architecture and busy, modern street corner was too strong an allure for me not to take a shot. And I did. And it's amazing.

https://greysweaterdude./2016/03/24/old-cathedral-modern-street-corner/

3 Likes

Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:
Old Cathedral, Modern Street Corner
Christ Church Cathedral
http://greysweaterdude./2016/03/24/old-cathedral-modern-street-corner/
This building is one lovely piece of architecture. I don't know which is more popular though; the church itself or its wall clock. grin All I know is that anytime I'm passing through Marina I always want to at least see the church edifice before leaving.

Words have it it is the oldest Anglican church in the country. undecided

Ride on senbonzakurakageyoshi, we your fans dey expect more pics from you madam.

2 Likes

Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
LastMumu:
This building is one lovely piece of architecture. I don't know which is more popular though; the church itself or its wall clock. grin All I know is that anytime I'm passing through Marina I always want to at least see the church edifice before leaving.

Words have it it is the oldest Anglican church in the country. undecided

Ride on senbonzakurakageyoshi, we your fans dey expect more pics from you madam.

Hehe, the building is always a beauty to capture. I think it's partly because it's been so well maintained over the years and partly because it's one of the few buildings with that kind of architecture in it's pure kind left in Lagos. Most of the buildings of it's kind have either been modified to look more modern or have been demolished completely. It's location right at the street corner makes it even more attractive to the eye and gives this perfect blend of vintage architecture with a modern setting. It's has to be one of the most enduring and recognizable landmarks in Lagos.

BTW, I'm not a madam grin grin
Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 2:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
Twilights And Silhouettes

Evening photography is always amazing. Especially when the sky gives a mix of such colors that makes it appear like you're looking up at one large painting. Then the silhouettes below give the kind of contrast that makes it all look one thing alone: beautiful.

https://greysweaterdude./2016/03/26/twilights-and-silhouettes/

1 Like

Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
Where Nature Ends

I like to think of nature as this uncontrollable force that can’t be hemmed in or limited. Seeing this however, this clean demarcation between the natural and the artificial just made me realize that maybe we do have some level of control over where goes. It’s beautiful though, this side-by-side coexistence of the born and the created.
It’s the beauty of life itself.

https://greysweaterdude./2016/03/28/where-nature-ends/

1 Like

Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by avicky(f): 11:35am On Mar 29, 2016
Well done seb. I love the title 'lensandlagos'.

Btw, which phone did you use to capture these images?
Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
avicky:

Thanks Vicky! cheesy

I use a C8 o. Not the best for everyday use but takes amazing pictures.
Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by avicky(f): 2:41pm On Mar 29, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

Thanks Vicky! cheesy

I use a C8 o. Not the best for everyday use but takes amazing pictures.
Sure, it isn't too good for multitasking but very good for photographs, so I heard.
Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 2:49pm On Mar 29, 2016
A Tale Of Two Bridges

There’s this sense of enduring silence I felt when I walked under these two bridges. It felt like they are silent watchers, keeping an eye on all who pass under them. And they stretch into the distance and out of sight, like pathways to another realm. Simply surreal.

https://greysweaterdude./2016/03/29/a-tale-of-two-bridges/

2 Likes

Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 2:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
avicky:

Sure, it isn't too good for multitasking but very good for photographs, so I heard.

You heard right o. Can just close apps randomly which gets pretty annoying.If they could fix that with an update or release another phone like it that's faster and doesn't shut apps down on its own, would be just perfect.
Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by avicky(f): 6:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

You heard right o. Can just close apps randomly which gets pretty annoying.If they could fix that with an update or release another phone like it that's faster and doesn't shut apps down on its own, would be just perfect.
I just heard of their latest machine, boom j8. But I believe update should be released to fix that ish.
Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:00pm On Mar 29, 2016
avicky:

I just heard of their latest machine, boom j8. But I believe update should be released to fix that ish.

Been waiting for an update for this phone since February o. Tecno said they were going to release a Marshmallow upgrade in February. March is about to end and still nothing from them. Fingers crossed sha. Planning on getting a Samsung as my main phone and keeping this as my hobby phone.
Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
A Tale Of Two Bridges

There’s this sense of enduring silence I felt when I walked under these two bridges. It felt like they are silent watchers, keeping an eye on all who pass under them. And they stretch into the distance and out of sight, like pathways to another realm. Simply surreal.

https://greysweaterdude./2016/03/29/a-tale-of-two-bridges/

Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by Akell(m): 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2016
Great collections
Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by avicky(f): 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

Been waiting for an update for this phone since February o. Tecno said they were going to release a Marshmallow upgrade in February. March is about to end and still nothing from them. Fingers crossed sha. Planning on getting a Samsung as my main phone and keeping this as my hobby phone.
It's like it's out. And C8 will be the first phone to have the new Hios aside the boom j8 that comes with it originally.
Check tecno community forum for further details.
Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by phemswag: 7:56am On Mar 30, 2016
More! More!! More!!!
Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 6:07pm On Mar 30, 2016
avicky:

It's like it's out. And C8 will be the first phone to have the new Hios aside the boom j8 that comes with it originally.
Check tecno community forum for further details.

I checked. Someone said April 20th. I guess it's more waiting for me then.
Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 6:10pm On Mar 30, 2016
The Break-up Pair

While out and about (as I usually am), I spotted this isolated pair of empty chairs at a small, round table and couldn’t help thinking – “this looks like the setting for an emotional breakup”. On second thoughts, I realized a lot more could happen here. A quiet marriage proposal (the direct opposite of my first thought, ironically), a setting for a sharing of secrets or the perfect layout for the very lonely individual to realize just how much he/she is missing a significant other. Unfortunately, a name had already stuck in my head and whenever I see this exact table with those two empty chairs, I’ll think – “Hey, There’s The Break-up Pair!”.

https://greysweaterdude./2016/03/30/the-break-up-pair/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by BolajiChang: 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2016
Wow, so you really took these with a camon c8??
avicky:

Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by BolajiChang: 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
These pictures are quite dope.
Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 12:46am On Mar 31, 2016
BolajiChang:
Wow, so you really took these with a camon c8??

I did! smiley smiley

BolajiChang:
These pictures are quite dope.

Thanks a lot!
Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by ZeRoc00l(m): 8:09am On Mar 31, 2016
Really cool and unique photographs. Thumbs up and keep it up. You can also upload your works on the forum site in my signature. cool
Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
ZeRoc00l:
Really cool and unique photographs. Thumbs up and keep it up. You can also upload your works on the forum site in my signature. cool

Thanks!!! smiley smiley
Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 5:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
Stream And Trickle

I’m not much one for taking pictures of myself. But there’s this feeling of calm I get when standing under the shower and I just wanted to capture the moment. It’s just as I thought it would be – the water running down from the shower in a steady stream, through my hair, down my face before trickling to the bathroom floor below, taking with it feelings of stress, tension and unease.

And the Lagos heat too.

https://greysweaterdude./2016/03/31/stream-and-trickle/

3 Likes

Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:43am On Apr 01, 2016
Sleepy Streets

One would think I took this picture at early dawn, when everyone are still waking up and trying to come to terms with the fact that they have to stop sleeping and get to work already. I actually took this picture at mid-afternoon, so it says something about how sleepy this street is. I love the fact that it’s devoid of chaos, and noise and milling crowds, the mark of the Lagos existence.

This, right here, must be what peace looks like.

https://greysweaterdude./2016/04/01/sleepy-streets/

1 Like

Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 6:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
Branching Out

Whenever I see this tree, I just feel like stopping and throwing my arms wide like it seems to be doing. It’s isolated and yet commands a presence, even without a mass of leaves on it’s numerous branches. It seems like one can see each individual branch rising, spreading, stretching….

Branching out further…..

https://greysweaterdude./2016/04/01/branching-out/

2 Likes

Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 4:20pm On Apr 02, 2016
Keke Grand Prix

Taking this picture was rather amusing for me. I had just turned a street corner only to see these staples of the streets of Lagos, racing along like there was some sort of competition on. There was literally no other vehicle on the road asides these orange and black three-wheelers. I imagine there’s someone waving a checkered flag at a finish line somewhere much further down the road as the riders turn their speed up a notch to clock in first.

I wonder who won.

https://greysweaterdude./2016/04/02/keke-grand-prix/

1 Like

Re: My Street Photography Album - Lensandlagos by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
Tranquility

You know, there are pictures you take and each time you look at them, feel the same emotional rush you got when you saw the setting that inspired you to take a snapshot in the first place. Each time I look at this picture, I feel the calm, the tranquility, the easy silence that made this such a perfect setting to be captured on camera. It was a moment I had to take with me. It’s the exact reason why I decided to leave it untouched, unedited, unfiltered. I feel like any modification would take away from the natural beauty that I captured.

Could everywhere just be this peaceful?

https://greysweaterdude./2016/04/03/tranquility/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crocodiles Place Of Worship? / Who Is The Granpa/Grandma Of Nairaland? / Lagos Stray Horses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.