Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) (11846 Views)

List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States / Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) / Made In Nigeria Rice From Niger & Kebi States (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by sammyj: 1:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
Great!! This is a welcome development . Lagos is still the state of excellent to be emulated by others !!! wink

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by Jdesilentkiller(m): 1:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
Lets see more of this happening all over the country. My people if we can lay aside our animosity towards other tribes, ethnic groups and religion we will achieve more. Not many country have what we have in Nigeria.....we have crude oil, mineral resources, vast agricultural lands, livestock and fish business, not much natural disasters (earthquake, hurricane, tsunami, volcanic eruption, landslide, floods, etc) fair weather, human resources....Just tell me, how many countries can boast of all these blessings?? How many??

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by malton: 1:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
TippyTop:
This is mere publicity but it's still alright as long as they're producing rice instead of terrorists.
Kebbi is one of the most peaceful states up North with a vast number of Christians. They are capable of so much... only, "producing" terrorists isn't one of such! Try knowing about a people before blanketing!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by ozoemenaca: 1:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
Na today we begin to de hear this kind news ?
Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by obailala(m): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
Jdesilentkiller:
Lets see more of this happening all over the country. My people if we can lay aside our animosity towards other tribes, ethnic groups and religion we will achieve more. Not many country have what we have in Nigeria.....we have crude oil, mineral resources, vast agricultural lands, livestock and fish business, not much natural disasters (earthquake, hurricane, tsunami, volcanic eruption, landslide, floods, etc) fair weather, human resources....Just tell me, how many countries can boast of all these blessings?? How many??
We were cursed with plenty tribes; remember the story of the 'Tower of Babel' in the bible?....

Gen 11:6-7
6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Diverse tribes were created to limit (moderate) man's abilities. But the black man obviously knows how to take things like this to the next level. Instead of moderating our abilities, tribe has totally crippled us. For example, ask a typical Yoruba and Igbo person what they're fighting each other for, and you would be marvelled at the stupidity of the answers you would get.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by mapet: 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2016
stevebond007:
EKITI IS ALSO CAPABLE.

You think this is about buying "boli" and "Pomo" on the roadside?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by wiseoneking: 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2016
Icon4s:
Let me see who will tribalise this News again angry
70% in their Dream? I hope they achieve 8-10% of it. I will praise their effort. Ambode and exeggeration are like?
Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by wiseoneking: 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2016
fulanimafia:
The much awaited agricultural revolution is being reinvigorated by the indefatigable President Buhari.

The swathes of fadama land in the North must be fully exploited, as well as the rich fields in the South, so we can revert to being an export based regional and National economy.

Kudos PMB.

What were the 6 Dangote trucks that were burnt by iPad protesters in Onitsha carrying if not rice?
They are carrying RAW materials for Aba industries.
Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by joedams: 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
Where is Fayose? He should partner with Kano In Ponmo production na.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by Jdesilentkiller(m): 1:58pm On Mar 24, 2016
obailala:
We were cursed with plenty tribes; remember the story of the 'Tower of Babel' in the bible?....

Gen 11:6-7
6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Diverse tribes were created to limit (moderate) man's abilities. But the black man obviously knows how to take things like this to the next level. Instead of moderating our abilities, tribe has totally crippled us. For example, ask a typical Yoruba and Igbo person what they're fighting each other for, and you would be marvelled at the stupidity of the answers you would get.
Ethnicity seems to be one of our problem as a nation but If by any chance we move beyond it, Nigeria will be the envy of other countries in just few years.
God bless our country and our leaders.
Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by Tonydeeb(m): 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2016
Pavore9:
Kebbi has the land, Lagos has the market. The relationship makes sense.
...and you have the brain. *thumbs up*

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by albany231: 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2016
TippyTop:
This is mere publicity but it's still alright as long as they're producing rice instead of terrorists.

You have never make sense for once in your life, your dirty mind is full of hatred for everyone outside your tribe. Grow up little man cos you might just kill yourself over nothing. Mschew
Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by albany231: 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2016
new2020:
If you like account for 90%, all I know is over here in the East...SE and SS, we consume only Abakaliki rice.

Here they go again...ban importation with hope of helping North and SW. Even a blind man knows that Ebonyi rice is most sought after rice in Nigeria

Old shameless tribalist. Spit on your flat head.
Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by TippyTop(m): 2:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
albany231:

You have never make sense for once in your life, your dirty mind is full of hatred for everyone outside your tribe. Grow up little man cos you might just kill yourself over nothing. Mschew
Bros why you dey vex, na politics I dey play na.
Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by godfirstawe: 3:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
stevebond007:
EKITI IS ALSO CAPABLE.

How?
Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by antispexish(m): 4:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
new2020:
If you like account for 90%, all I know is over here in the East...SE and SS, we consume only Abakaliki rice.

Here they go again...ban importation with hope of helping North and SW. Even a blind man knows that Ebonyi rice is most sought after rice in Nigeria

So you think the ban will not help ebony rice? you guys sha!
Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by Bombolistic: 4:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
What about Ebonyi state
Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by xperia626: 7:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
ebonyi state alone can produce what the two states produce.

http://ebonyi.citynewsline.com.ng/news/nigeria-agricultural-revolution-ebonyi-earmarks-50000-hectares-for-rice-production

Ebonyi state is still the highest producer of Rice in Nigeria, u can still proof mhe wrong no p
Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by omokab: 7:35pm On Mar 24, 2016
new2020:

you lack common sense. How many people were even eating abakilki rice in ebonyi state not to talk of SE and SS as a whole. Tell me the quantity of rice been produce by ebonyi that is more than the one at rice meal along ogoja road. The one produce by ebony agro is not 100 percent of local rice. The company normally bring the grain from India and other part of the world and polish it there. They also as well produce the local one from abakilki called ebony agro while the one from outside the country is called ebony gold and others. This is a company I know very well,including rice meal I mentioned earlier. Please don't bring your nonsense tribal sentiment to spoil a good thing. Let SE/SS also look for a better land and support ebonyi state to produce more rice.
Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by woodcock(m): 7:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
God bless nigeria, more grace to the leaders so as to continue with the change that was promised.
Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by Trustgt(m): 10:47pm On Mar 24, 2016
menix:
Lagos ke
Where the land dey for lagos abii nah Ibeju Lekki wey Omonile don almost sell finish..

Abakiliki will now produce 10% abii
Akuko Mike Ejiaha...

I think most of the times, the problem of the youth is comprehension.

To help you again, the planting would be done in Kebbi, because, she has a massive arable land, good for agriculture and the marketing/consumption of the products would be mostly in Lagos.

Have I be able to help you?
Re: Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) by temitope4christ: 7:53am On Aug 15, 2016
Which month is the rice will be out?

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Wants To Resign & Do Vegetable Farming - Please Advice / 1500 Liters Plastic Fish Tank For Sale / Palm Oil Production By States In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.