Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,178 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums (20344 Views)

RSS Arrests Man Who Uses Nude Pictures Of Female Victims To Blackmail Them / RSS Rescues New Born Baby During Yoruba And Eegun Clash In Lagos / Man Caught By RSS Stealing Light-Up Lagos Project Cables (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by Islie: 5:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
Tragedy was Thursday averted in Lagos after a 17-year-old boy, attempted to jump into lagoon for losing N6,000 and a phone to ‘Area Boys’.

But for the timely intervention of operatives of the Rapid Response Squad of the Lagos State Police Command, the distraught boy would have committed suicide by jumping from the 3 Mainland Bridge into the Lagos Lagoon.

The boy, Lanre (not real name), a secondary school leaver, is the second born of four children and the first boy of his mother.

According to a RRS rider on regular patrol of the bridge, a roving mechanic drew their attention to a lone teenager, standing on the bridge and looking into the lagoon curiously. On getting to the scene, he was standing on the crash barrier, ready to jump into lagoon before he was grabbed by the legs by the RRS officials and taken to their headquarters for counselling and further investigations.

Lanre, after receiving counselling from the Commander, RRS, Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Olatunji Disu, disclosed that he decided to jump into the lagoon after losing N6, 000 and a mobile phone to ‘Area Boys’ in Lagos Island.

He explained that his mother had given him N6, 000 at about 4:00 p.m. to get food stuff at Ita Faaji Market, when some miscreants collected his phone and the money from him.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/rss-rescue-boy-planning-suicide-losing-n6000-phone-area-boys/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by HungerBAD: 5:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
Sad.

I never believed I could say this,but God bless the Nigeria Police for saving a life.

The disturbing story here,is the boy himself.

A 17 yr old thinking suicide is the answer is very dangerous,I mean what would make a young man think killing himself would solve anything? at his age,people look forward to life and not towards ending it.

The state if insecurity inside lagos Island is getting too much,Ambode please look into it.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by daniska3yaro(m): 5:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
Nawa oo
Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by Cutehector(m): 5:09pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ok
Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by thesicilian: 5:12pm On Mar 24, 2016
You've not even seen one-third of the hardship in life and you're already planning suicide. You must be on a very long thing!

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 24, 2016
Thank you Nigeria Police for saving that young kid life

3 Likes

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by shamack: 5:17pm On Mar 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
Sad.

I never believed I could say this,but God bless the Nigeria Police for saving a life.

A 17 yr old thinking suicide is the answer is very dangerous,I mean what would make a young man think killing himself would solve anything? at his age,people look forward to life and not towards ending it.

The state if insecurity inside lagos Island is getting too much,Ambode please look into it.

sorry sir i dont think the problm here is that of AMBODE,,,he lacks parental support, i guess

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by ijustdey: 5:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
there is real poverty in the land if a teen could think of suicide just because he lost 6,000 to some miscreants........

God save the land from poverty ooooooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by greatgod2012(f): 5:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
Thank God for the timely intervention of the police.

However, some things are not right here......

For the boy to have thought of suicide after loosing the money to those miscreants, it means, it's either the mother who sent him to the market, is too strict to be confided in or he himself has never been trustworthy, and he thought since his mother won't believe him, its better not to go home at all.

Lesson.......... let us all as parents take it easy on our kids, let's make them our friends, so that when anything happens to them, they will spill it all out for us instead of thinking about drastic and terrible solution, which would surely not have a good ending.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
God knows what his parents told him after gifting him the phone or the way he's being treated at home that would make him contemplate suicide because phone loss.

Something isn't right in his upbringing.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 24, 2016
hahahaha, kinda understand. the boy thought it would be easier to commit suicide and go face the devil himself than to go home and face his mother. my depiction from the whole story is that the mother is a wicked monster...

3 Likes

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by Saintbonnie(m): 6:15pm On Mar 24, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by temitemi1(m): 6:16pm On Mar 24, 2016
6000 n phone? cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by macaranta(m): 6:16pm On Mar 24, 2016
angry..at this age you want to die cus of 6k and phone?you need Jesus and of course several better brain resetting slaps

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by RobinHez(m): 6:16pm On Mar 24, 2016
I bargained #500 with them today... cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
Sad.

I blame PMB for this-

2 Likes

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by Hillzy(m): 6:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
Yo
Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
I blame Buhari for this. Thank God he was saved.

1 Like

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 24, 2016
Just #6000 only?
Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by Saintbonnie(m): 6:20pm On Mar 24, 2016
I hope ambode is on NL to read this.
HungerBAD:
Sad.

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by Gkemz: 6:20pm On Mar 24, 2016
Eeya!!! dat's so unfortunate it happened but you don't have to end ur life because of just common 6k and phone. Though i understand how disappointed he might be. Thank God for the speedy intervention

2 Likes

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by bettercreature(m): 6:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
thesicilian:
You've not even seen one-third of the hardship in life and you're already planning suicide. You must be on a very long thing!
He is Mentally Weak!

2 Likes

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by Sunnycliff(m): 6:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
The pains and agony of poverty! God bless our hustles!! E no easy for Ezekiel

1 Like

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by Hillzy(m): 6:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
make dem ask am well, him problem pass 6000 n phone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by megareal: 6:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
Things must have been really bad at home for the boy to want to commit suicide. At 17, he's already tired of the world. Lord have mercy.

1 Like

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by KAYD007(m): 6:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
You all can only speculate undecided

1 Like

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
jambites are not working, so i know the feeling

1 Like

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by merit2015(m): 6:24pm On Mar 24, 2016
Thank God for timely intervention by the RRS

1 Like

Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 24, 2016
greatgod2012:
Thank God for the timely intervention of the police.

However, some things are not right here......

For the boy to have thought of suicide after loosing the money to those miscreants, it means, it's either the mother who sent him to the market, is too strict to be confided in or he himself has never been trustworthy, and he thought since his mother won't believe him, its better not to go home at all.

Lesson.......... let us all as parents take it easy on our kids, let's make them our friends, so that when anything happens to them, they will spill it all out for us instead of thinking about drastic and terrible solution, which would surely not have a good ending.

Word!!!
Re: RSS Rescue Boy Planning Suicide After Losing N6,000 And Phone To Hoodlums by DankemzI(m): 6:27pm On Mar 24, 2016

See what Buhari has reduced Lagos to lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tasiu Tilde: Suspected Kidnappers Kill 40-year-old Businessman In Bauchi (Photo) / Gunmen Kill Anthony Oreh, Delta Community Leader (Photos) / Newborn Baby And Its Placenta, Abandoned Immediately After Delivery In Kuchigoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.