Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,025 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++ - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++ (1697 Views)

Android Programing And Web Programing, Which One Is Better? / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? / Start Learning Hacking For Free Today (new And Classic Fb Group) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++ by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2016
I have receive lot of suggestions after posting on www.nct.com.ng that i want to learn programing.

Most members suggest i should start with C++ while some said PHP is the best to start with.

Nairalanders pls help me out

Visit NAIJA CODERS TEAM FORUM via www.nct.com.ng
Re: Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++ by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
you cant never learn how to cook egusi soup if you dont know that is tha salt that made it had taste., i will recomend that you start with html if and only iff you are learning web design, but if you going into stack development like software and app, javascript is the best advice i wili like to use this medium to invite desingners and developers to join me and develope the world largest voting site... Whatsapp me on 08182343444
Re: Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++ by tr3y(m): 6:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
^^ Just what I had in mind. Nice!

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++ by timtoday: 8:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
There is nothing wrong if you start programming learning C++. With C++11, C++14 and C++17 on the way, you really don't have to master C, to get your hands dirty. However, it depends on what you will like to major on. But even at that you can't be wrong knowing some stuff with either C++ or C.
Then like someone previously mentioned. You can even start up with JavaScript. That language has a lot to offer these days than many people even realised. I will even prefer it to python in so many ways.
However in the end languages are just tools. I will also advice to check the pin write on this forum too.
Hope this helps.
Re: Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++ by winanthony65: 10:19am On Mar 26, 2016
For you to learn programming, it is highly recommended to start from the smallest programming language, I would have agreed with the person that said HTML and JavaScript but I think that's not it. You learn HTML and JavaScript if you want to become a web designer or web developer (web programmer) but to learn programming in quote I will advise you to start with QBasic.

I am a lecturer in John Bosco Institute of Technology in the Computer Science department and I create programs so I know what you are passing through just beleive me and start with QBasic and you will see how easy programming can be to learn.

Get started today by visiting my website http://www.winzsolution.com/programming/qbasic-programming-tutoria/ to learn QBasic programming language for 14 days.

You can also find things that may be interested in like Learn HTML, JavaScript and CSS in 21 days.
Re: Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++ by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
timtoday:
There is nothing wrong if you start programming learning C++. With C++11, C++14 and C++17 on the way, you really don't have to master C, to get your hands dirty. However, it depends on what you will like to major on. But even at that you can't be wrong knowing some stuff with either C++ or C.
Then like someone previously mentioned. You can even start up with JavaScript. That language has a lot to offer these days than many people even realised. I will even prefer it to python in so many ways.
However in the end languages are just tools. I will also advice to check the pin write on this forum too.
Hope this helps.
Take it from me mr man, programming os a step by step learning process, for web designing start with html while for development start from javascript before others. Thanks
Re: Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++ by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 26, 2016
winanthony65:
For you to learn programming, it is highly recommended to start from the smallest programming language, I would have agreed with the person that said HTML and JavaScript but I think that's not it. You learn HTML and JavaScript if you want to become a web designer or web developer (web programmer) but to learn programming in quote I will advise you to start with QBasic.

I am a lecturer in John Bosco Institute of Technology in the Computer Science department and I create programs so I know what you are passing through just beleive me and start with QBasic and you will see how easy programming can be to learn.

Get started today by visiting my website http://www.winzsolution.com/programming/qbasic-programming-tutoria/ to learn QBasic programming language for 14 days.

You can also find things that may be interested in like Learn HTML, JavaScript and CSS in 21 days.
Many people who have interest in
programming end up loosing their
enthusiasm after venturing into
programming because they choose the
wrong programming language. It said that
a journey of 1 thousand starts in a mile, so
to start programming one is advise to start
from the smallest program then advance
to the bigger ones. If not so, the person is
likely to loose focus and drop
programming. (sorce winzsolutiins) i like that
Re: Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++ by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 26, 2016
helow guys, i want to create the biggest online ---- site in nigeria i want to have partners that will join me, wether pro or learners add me up on 08182343444
Re: Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++ by timtoday: 9:02am On Mar 27, 2016
Johniyk2:

Take it from me mr man, programming os a step by step learning process, for web designing start with html while for development start from javascript before others. Thanks

That programming is step by step doesn't state the language people start with. You can still learn step by step using any programming language of your choice. The only difference is the learning curves.
Everybody doesn't have to start with HTML, especially when one is not majoring in web designs. In fact, starting with those languages that people "believed" to be difficult even gives a better perspective for others "supposedly" easy ones. Which for me is the way to go. Often times the difficulties is in the saying of many.
Re: Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++ by mexzony: 9:32am On Mar 27, 2016
timtoday:

That programming is step by step doesn't state the language people start with. You can still learn step by step using any programming language of your choice. The only difference is the learning curves.
Everybody doesn't have to start with HTML, especially when one is not majoring in web designs. In fact, starting with those languages that people "believed" to be difficult even gives a better perspective for others "supposedly" easy ones. Which for me is the way to go. Often times the difficulties is in the saying of many.
I agree.
As far as am concerned one can start with whichever he chooses, java, c#, python, just to name a few.
As a matter of personal opinion I would start with any of the three above.
Re: Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++ by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
Johniyk2:
helow guys, i want to create the biggest online ---- site in nigeria i want to have partners that will join me, wether pro or learners add me up on 08182343444
Re: Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++ by badthinds: 2:34am On Jul 14, 2016
Take It
1. Html 2. CSS 3. JavaScript (best way to get into OOP ) - bridge - (Now you'll decide what kind of programmer you want to be.
if web development: try
4. Php 5. MySQL (Bootstrap, Node.js,... )
If something else... like GUI stuffs and Application / game creation: try
4. Python (nice way to jump into... ) 5. C++/ C 6. Java ...I'll update this post later... ba3 low pls.

(1) (Reply)

Learn Coding!!! Weekdays And Weekend / G I S Expert Come In / I Want To Learn Mobile Applications Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.