Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,617 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Shell Application Offer. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Application Offer. (4692 Views)

Shell Companies In Nigeria (scin) Graduate Recruitment Exercise / Help With Shell Assessment Materials / 2016-2017 Shell/petan Graduate Internship Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shell Application Offer. by obinoral1179(m): 9:36am On Mar 26, 2016
Please I got this mail today, please how genuine is this and who else is with me.

Congratulations ! We are impressed by your education qualification and we are confident of your potential to be beneficial for Shell Houston, USA. It is our pleasure to invite you to attend 2 years International Offshore Graduate Training Program,  Shell USA.

Take the following steps now, If you accept the offer.

1. Login to shell website with the details below to create your new application account.  If you created account in the past, just update your account with your current CV/Resume

Email:      

Password:

[ Click the link below to login ].

http://www.shell.com/global/aboutshell/careers/professionals/manage-your-application.html

2. Print attached  PDF copy of Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9 Form).

3. Fill the employee section of the I-9 form and send saved or scanned copy of the I-9 form with scan copy of your degree certificate through this email. Then we will ask you to register for WES verification later ( Each applicants will pay the WES verification fee)  http://www.wes.org/employers/

4. We have limited space for numerous qualified graduates, so accept our offer that you will attend the training this Summer/Fall 2016, so that we can start your H-3 VISA processing immediately.

Shell we process International Passport for all applicants through our local shell office in Nigeria. So you don’t need to bother yourself, if you don’t have one. Those that have international passport can send scanned data page of their international passport.

Thanks

HR Office
Shell Houston, Texas  
1000 Main,  12th Floor
Houston, TX 77002
Re: Shell Application Offer. by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 26, 2016
It look genuine smiley

The big question however remains this, did you apply to the Shell Training Program or any other shell recruitment in the past year?

1 Like

Re: Shell Application Offer. by Ramanto(m): 9:43am On Mar 26, 2016
Don't seem to know what not to think about this. the mod should please do the needful
Re: Shell Application Offer. by alterswerve(m): 9:48am On Mar 26, 2016
I don't think its genuine. I've seen spelling errors. The last paragraph is where i got them

1 Like

Re: Shell Application Offer. by cassidy1996(m): 9:52am On Mar 26, 2016
shell ni.... big scam

2 Likes

Re: Shell Application Offer. by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 26, 2016
alterswerve:
I don't think its genuine. I've seen spelling errors. The last paragraph is where i got them

Hell yeah.

There's no chance in hell that a Shell HR staff could make a typo error.
Re: Shell Application Offer. by Henrypraise: 10:16am On Mar 26, 2016
Once it gets to d stage were de tell u: "we will pay d visa/ gbogbotiyen fees of 1000 dollars for u, but u will av to reimburse 2000 dollars to us afta confirming online thru d link below"

Den notify us n at dat stage I can confirm to u dat it is genuine
Re: Shell Application Offer. by davide470(m): 11:18am On Mar 26, 2016
Ramanto:
Don't seem to know what not to think about this.
the mod should please do the needful
Sir, what is the needful that you want the mods to do?
DMeanMan:

Hell yeah.
There's no chance in hell that a Shell HR staff could make a typo error.
Lool.

Taiwo, don't start o.
Re: Shell Application Offer. by Ramanto(m): 11:20am On Mar 26, 2016
davide470:
Sir, what is the needful that you want the mods to do?Lool.

Taiwo, don't start o.
help you move it to where it will get a broader audience
Re: Shell Application Offer. by Heart2heart(m): 11:24am On Mar 26, 2016
na visa level them wan take SCAM you. just follow the ride and flow as ee dey go, you go talk say i tell you. I have already see the scam in this, very easy to spot. The body of the letter is wack, then ask the oga shell which program or recruitment campaign does this fall under? we have a host of recruitment windows shell uses.
Re: Shell Application Offer. by obinoral1179(m): 11:46am On Mar 26, 2016
Heart2heart:
na visa level them wan take SCAM you. just follow the ride and flow as ee dey go, you go talk say i tell you. I have already see the scam in this, very easy to spot. The body of the letter is wack, then ask the oga shell which program or recruitment campaign does this fall under? we have a host of recruitment windows shell uses.
thanks we ride along with them.
Re: Shell Application Offer. by obinoral1179(m): 11:47am On Mar 26, 2016
davide470:
Sir, what is the needful that you want the mods to do?Lool.

Taiwo, don't start o.
Re: Shell Application Offer. by Dfavouredone: 11:49am On Mar 26, 2016
It is simple to know if it is scam or not.

For now, one can't say for sure though if appears fake but I will advise that u play along.

But when they ask you to pay any money, then read the writings on the wall. Shell will never ask her candidate for money.
Re: Shell Application Offer. by obinoral1179(m): 11:49am On Mar 26, 2016
DMeanMan:
It look genuine smiley

The big question however remains this, did you apply to the Shell Training Program or any other shell recruitment in the past year?
this is the email I sent my CV to shellrecruitment@wildblue.net
Re: Shell Application Offer. by Jamean(f): 11:58am On Mar 26, 2016
obinoral1179:

4. We have limited space for numerous qualified graduates, so accept our offer that you will attend the training this Summer/Fall 2016, so that we can start your H-3 VISA processing immediately.

Shell we process International Passport for all applicants through our local shell office in Nigeria. So you don’t need to bother yourself, if you don’t have one. Those that have international passport can send scanned data page of their international passport.

Thanks

HR Office
Shell Houston, Texas  
1000 Main,  12th Floor
Houston, TX 77002

Shell or any other multinational need not tell you the margin between qualified candidates and available space, they have their professional way of screening candidates till they get the number befitting their capacity.

The sentences in the last paragraph are very unprofessional. More so... "thanks" what happened to Yours Faithfully or Best Regards.

Please read in between the lines if you weren't in any of their recruitment process.

I doubt the authenticity of the mail.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Application Offer. by davide470(m): 12:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
Ramanto:

help you move it to where it will get a broader audience
Why Sir? It is not from Shell

2 Likes

Re: Shell Application Offer. by makkosky(m): 12:36pm On Mar 26, 2016
I received same message from scammers called Shell. The 3rd point that said we are to pay for WES change the authenticity of the mail.

I just send them the attachment and I awaits them to forward their payment procedure......

They cant add salt to my injury.
# being jobless doesnt stop my brain from working accordingly

Happy easter

3 Likes

Re: Shell Application Offer. by Mustay(m): 12:48pm On Mar 26, 2016
OP, what did SHELL write on its website as it's procedures for being offered employment? Read it, come back here to read this, observe the gaps, then tell us the outcome.

For Shell staff on NL, they should take an action on this new level of 419. Apparently, these ones have studied the process and made sure that the initiation is legitimate (since applicants started on Shell's original website).
Re: Shell Application Offer. by Mustay(m): 12:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
Jamean:

Shell or any other multinational need not tell your the. margin between qualified candidates and available space, they have their professional way of screening till they get the number befitting their capacity.

The sentences in the last paragraph is very unprofessional. More so... "thanks" what happened to Yours Faithfully or Best Regards.

Please read in between the lines if you weren't in any of their recruitment process.

I doubt the authenticity of the mail.

The space thingy is the ploy by the fraudster to tap into the desperation of the job seeker so that the Maga can respond quickly. The first question I ask Nigerians is, do you want to sow where you didn't reap Did the OP have any encounter with 'Shell Houston'. Be careful of butter and bread stories.
Re: Shell Application Offer. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2016
obinoral1179:
this is the email I sent my CV to shellrecruitment@wildblue.net

Ooops

So you sent your CV to wildblue grin grin
Re: Shell Application Offer. by obinoral1179(m): 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dear Applicant:

We sent you the Shell Invitation Letter through this email concerning the International Offshore Training. Reply with Form-I-9 and your credential within 72 Hrs to Accept our offer.

Thanks
Shell HR
Houston USA

The mail I just received. This people have seen a maga ooooo
Re: Shell Application Offer. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 26, 2016
I got same mail.....
Re: Shell Application Offer. by Clarinett(m): 3:50pm On Mar 26, 2016
Scam! tongue
Re: Shell Application Offer. by abumeinben(m): 4:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
obinoral1179:
Please I got this mail today, please how genuine is this and who else is with me.

Congratulations ! We are impressed by your education qualification and we are confident of your potential to be beneficial for Shell Houston, USA. It is our pleasure to invite you to attend 2 years International Offshore Graduate Training Program,  Shell USA.

Take the following steps now, If you accept the offer.

1. Login to shell website with the details below to create your new application account.  If you created account in the past, just update your account with your current CV/Resume

Email:      

Password:

[ Click the link below to login ].

http://www.shell.com/global/aboutshell/careers/professionals/manage-your-application.html

2. Print attached  PDF copy of Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9 Form).

3. Fill the employee section of the I-9 form and send saved or scanned copy of the I-9 form with scan copy of your degree certificate through this email. Then we will ask you to register for WES verification later ( Each applicants will pay the WES verification fee)  http://www.wes.org/employers/

Thanks

HR Office
Shell Houston, Texas  
1000 Main,  12th Floor
Houston, TX 77002

Ask ya sef,,,,how much can u pay shell to hire you?

I can send you a mail with all shell links on it to make it look genuine. Besides, shell would contact you via phone/Skype apart from mail.

I know how it feels to receive such mails. You go lose ur sense grin

Relax bro, shell doest charge to recruit.
Re: Shell Application Offer. by godfrey01(m): 10:10pm On Mar 26, 2016
Could this be an error too or i don't know my english language well again

Paragraph one..

Congratulations ! We are impressed by your education
qualification and we are confident of your potential to b...

Is it education qualification or educational qualifucations..

The grammarians in the house where are you people.. And also that guy that said there is no way a shell HR could make a mistake...

Sensing scam...
Re: Shell Application Offer. by rman: 9:32am On Mar 27, 2016
Scam! It is so easy to spot. Don't stress yourself
Re: Shell Application Offer. by Jazmiynne: 3:24pm On Mar 28, 2016
davide470:
Why Sir? It is not from Shell

Oga mod saying it exactly as it is! cheesy cheesy #OnPoint!

Op water no de Davide mouth o..... @It is NOT from Shell Lolz

1 Like

Re: Shell Application Offer. by babino22: 5:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
supposed to be shell is now demanding for money o, 189 dollars bills. pls how much is that in naira sef
Re: Shell Application Offer. by tempest01(m): 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
All these posters wey dey indirectly post their own scams online dey find victim...any body that goes through this, goes through at his own peril.
Re: Shell Application Offer. by babino22: 8:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
who is Sanu Oluwaseun? shell mistakingly sent your required payment 189 dollars to me. they apologized anyway grin

Re: Shell Application Offer. by blob(m): 9:15pm On Mar 28, 2016
you can tell it's not genuine the email address gave them away.. you should do a quick search on the domain wildblue. net
Re: Shell Application Offer. by mbatuku1: 9:43am On Mar 30, 2016
That was a Nigerian writing style. Americans don't write like this. Use your brain.

(1) (Reply)

Npower Registration: You Will Be Disqualified If… N-power Warns / Insourcing Is Recruiting Ond With Minimum Of Lower Credit For First Bank / Jumia Customer Service Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.