Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Which Jesus Is Resurrecting??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Jesus Is Resurrecting??? (377 Views)

Which Jesus Do You Believe (concerning Atonement)? / Jesus Is The Only Way: My Personal Experiences / "Jesus Is" By Clayton Jennings. Spoken Word Lyrics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Jesus Is Resurrecting??? by Buchi001: 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
On Easter day, Christians all over the world will be celebrating the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. The Pascal feast will mark the climax of the Lenten season that began over 40 days ago. In my very religious (but ungodly) Nigeria, we Christians will not be left out as various activities have been lined up to effectively mark the day.

The preparations have been interesting from all quarters, while churches and affiliated religious institutions are planning and promoting hallowed, spiritual events for the day, the entertainers are working very hard to take care of the social aspects of the celebration and of course with preconceived economic benefits. While all these are going on, I just can’t help but wonder, “Which Jesus is resurrecting this Easter day?”

I choose to believe that I’m not the only Nigerian wondering, because the truth is that in Nigeria, there are different Jesus’ for different people.

Which Jesus is resurrecting for Nigerians I ask? Is it the one that was humble enough to be born by a poor virgin in a manger, or the one that is not a poor God (according to most Nigerian pastors)?

Which Jesus will be resurrecting, the one that loved and respected every woman in his life, so much so that he began his ministryWhich Jesus will be resurrecting, the one that loved and respected every woman in his life, so much so that he began his ministry almost prematurely because of a woman, or the one who believes women are items and tools to be bought and used?

Is it the Jesus that wore sandals and simple linen robes all his life or the one that wears the most expensive gold cross, shoes, cassock, and walks with expensive crosiers that is resurrecting?..........continue below........
http://www.mybeautifulnigeria.com/which-jesus-is-resurrecting/

(1) (Reply)

Why Mary Weeps (catholicism) / Bible Message For The Somkers Andalcoholic? / How To Remain Born Again In An Higher Instituition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.