Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,263 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Agony Of A Serving Corps Member - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Agony Of A Serving Corps Member (891 Views)

Corper From Benue Serving In Kano Dies (Photos) / NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps / NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Agony Of A Serving Corps Member by Aare2050(m): 7:48pm On Mar 26, 2016
Just like every other child I have dreamt of going to school
and finally becoming a successful man in life. when I was a
child I love it when I saw youth in NYSC uniform.

I felt inspired and I also used to admired them. little did I know that its just a matter of time. just like a Yoruba adage which says 'bó pé, bó yá, akólòlò á pe baba' 'ojú ló pé sí, ipàdè kìí jìnà'. 'alhamduliha erú ñ dúpé'. thank God for a dream come
through.

I felt pained and cheated by the country I called my own. I felt disappointed and I didn't see anybody to run to. I wonder why Nigeria is still been regarded as a country. right now I can't believe I'm still in the same Nigeria I grew up in.
though, one of the fundamental reasons of creating NYSC is
to leave your cultural background and learn of other people's
culture and ways of life. but i must be sincere, the story is not the same here in Nsukka area of Enugu state Nigeria.

"extortion"- this act is very common here, they can extort you
on anything, most especially when they discover you are not
an Igbo person. a good or service that is not suppose to cost
up to 100 will be charged at 500# upward, and yet we still say we are one Nigeria. to the extent that when they now ask to know my name I tell them I'm 'Ezedinma'. lols that's my igbo na. I'm been forced to learn Igbo so that I can communicate with them in the market, at home or on the road. something happened again today. we all know the economy is bad but I'll like to share this. when fuel and dollar were still stable, I'm talking of about 2 months ago. price of goods, provisions and transportation was still OK to some extent. bit now the story is very different.

before okada 50# now 80-100#

tomatoes 50# now 100#

iced fish 200# now 300-350#

indomie pack 2200# now 2850#(super pack)

yam 150# per 1 now 300-350# per 1

garri 350# now 430-450#

if I should continue the list is endless.

to get to my CDs meeting before now, I spend 500# to and
fro. now I spend around 900-1000#.
this hardship is just too much, yet our minister for petroleum
has speak on these issues. NNPC was saying today that
Nigerians will have to endure for another one or two weeks
before the fuel crisis can be resolved.

who are we going to call upon in Nigeria?

ìyà yí pò o

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Group For A16 Stream 2 / NYSC Corper Made Personal CDS Project For President Buhari (photo) / Corper Died In Bayelsa...to Be Buried Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.