Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Car Stalls When Hot; Solved - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Stalls When Hot; Solved (1809 Views)

Help My Car Stalls When Put On Drive Or Reverse Gear / Car Stalls While Driving / What To Do If Your Hybrid Car Stalls On The Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Stalls When Hot; Solved by d33types: 12:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
Car starts perfectly when cold but when hot,gives a hard start.also the car drives fine when hot until I apply my brakes long enough to bring the car to a stop ,then its stalls.

I have changed engine grin fuel pump,ignition coil system a
.in fact almost anything possible..

I think its a vacuum leak.there are some small hoses connect the injector body,exhaust regeneration valve, idle air control valve and air intake together which I have connected and reconnected ,all to no avail.

Please people help..kazeems are doing me strong thing.

It's a Honda Accord 97 euro (no obd2) with f20z1 engine
Re: Car Stalls When Hot; Solved by mayor2013: 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
Engine changed, fuel pump changed, wetin remain again. Next Is to change the car

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Stalls When Hot; Solved by mayor2013: 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
Engine changed, fuel pump changed, ignition coil changed wetin remain again. Next Is to change the car
Re: Car Stalls When Hot; Solved by micklplus(m): 5:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
mayor2013:
Engine changed, fuel pump changed, ignition coil changed wetin remain again. Next Is to change the car

You no dey WhatsApp mayor2013? Been trying to reach you.
Re: Car Stalls When Hot; Solved by honmusa(m): 7:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
call autologic @ 08061166316 for accurate analysis of your car issue
Re: Car Stalls When Hot; Solved by OkeyUK: 10:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
Is this a BMW? Typically common on them.
I am a fully qualified mechanic based in the UK, with manufacturer dealership experience mainly in Ford, Mazda and BMW (all cars are mostly the same if you know one you know all).
From my experience I suspect a crankshaft or camshaft position sensors.
These faults depending on make of vehicles or circumstances triggering the fault which leads to the ECU shutting the vehicle down may not log a fault on the ECU.
Even the most expensive scanner costing tens of thousands of pounds may not even pick it up.
Re: Car Stalls When Hot; Solved by mayor2013: 6:40am On Mar 28, 2016
micklplus:

You no dey WhatsApp mayor2013? Been trying to reach you.

08156087872 (what's app)
Re: Car Stalls When Hot; Solved by micklplus(m): 7:59am On Mar 28, 2016
mayor2013:

08156087872 (what's app)

We spoke yesterday night.

See you later
Re: Car Stalls When Hot; Solved by d33types: 9:37pm On Mar 29, 2016
well, i've dumped the car somewhere in my family house..
getting another car this week...
Re: Car Stalls When Hot; Solved by cocoduck: 5:07pm On Mar 30, 2016
d33types:
well, i've dumped the car somewhere in my family house..
getting another car this week...
Try this, when ever it stalls, check for the missing component, is loss of spark, loss of injector pulse, in other words there must be three things for an engine to run, spark, fuel and compression, one of them is missing.
Re: Car Stalls When Hot; Solved by d33types: 9:24pm On Mar 31, 2016
cocoduck:
Try this, when ever it stalls, check for the missing component, is loss of spark, loss of injector pulse, in other words there must be three things for an engine to run, spark, fuel and compression, one of them is missing.

thanks mate..Jah bless.
Re: Car Stalls When Hot; Solved by d33types: 12:07pm On May 07, 2016
update:
on taking the car to my friend's mechanic, within 2mins ,noticed the main fan was blowing in the wrong direction (blowing towards the front of car instead of towards the engine).he reversed it and that was the last of the 4month old problem.

so the car was actually overheating.the gauge said otherwise and i have been driving from Benin to Lagos repeatedly without a blown gasket for 3months with the problem before I dumped it.

turned out that I changed the radiator fan 4 months ago.but the electro didn't consider the wire polarity..
more than 5 kazeems had touched this car simply cos of this small fault,all to no avail.

I use a rav4 07 now,but even till today, my Honda bullet 2.0 I4 f20z1 is still more fuel conservative than my rav4 2.4 i4 az-fe with both ac's on

I love my Honda

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help. My Toyota Camry 1999 Is Overheating / Introducing The Volvo Limo Proudly Made In Nigeria / Gear Shifter Stuck Benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.