Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

I Love His Death And Resurrection But HATE Easter - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Love His Death And Resurrection But HATE Easter (412 Views)

Benson Idahosa: The Man Who Vividly Described His Death - Leke Beecroft / Historically Analyzing The Crucifixtion And Resurrection Claim. / 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Love His Death And Resurrection But HATE Easter by Emperor95(m): 2:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
Just saw the above headline in a blog. The guy is of the opinion that Christians should Stop using the word Easter to represent the death and resurrection of Jesus, as it the name of a pagan deity. It's pretty long, but flows well. Take a look at 'Ogbole.com' for the full story. Very compelling and I agree. What do you think.

-------------
I love his Death and Resurection but HATE EASTER!

’Ah ah.. how can you say that? How can you, a child of God, hate such a holy season.’’

‘’What season? Easter? What is holy about Easter? I say I hate that name! Like I also hate Lucifer and satan and…’’

‘’but why my brother? Why such vitriolic words eh? ‘’

‘’Well, because its an evil word and bible says to hate evil… ‘’

‘’Where is that in the bible…eh? you are behaving funny today o! ‘’

‘’Ps 97:10: “You who love the LORD, hate evil!” Amos 5:15: “Hate the evil, love good”Ps 45:7 “You love righteousness and hate wickedness… ‘’

‘’Er its okay..its okay o! That still does not make Easter evil! and this your vexing is too much. ‘’

‘’Okay, if it would make you happy, I seriously and deeply dislike the name ‘Easter’‘’

‘’Now, thats much better‘’

‘’Well did you know the name Easter is the name of an Idol? A deity? Just like Baal, Sango, Ifa,

‘’Chineke! God forbid! Stop this nonsense! what’s wrong with you? ‘’

‘’My brother, I was as shocked as you when I discovered the truth in that name. Just check any bible dictionary for ‘Easter’ or even the internet for the ‘origin of Easter’ You see, the name Easter is the name of a goddess worshiped by the folks in the early days, in Babylon and Europe. It became associated with the birth and resurrection of Jesus, when Emperor Constantine in 325 BC nationalised Christianity and negotiated …no!.. Converted certain pagan holidays to Christian ones. Even Christmas too was… ‘’

check the site (Ogbole.com) for the full story....

(1) (Reply)

The Extraordinary Power Of Giving 2 / What Bible Said About “CHANGE“ / Study Masters Or Bsc Over Here With A Good Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.