Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:32 PM

Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution (2305 Views)

Graduate Brewing Operator At Sabmiller Plc / Entry-level Distribution Sub-station Operators (DSO) At Ikeja Electric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by CodecJay(m): 4:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc - Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).Entry-level Distribution Substation Operators at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc

We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.

We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:

Job Title: Distribution Substation Operator
Specialization: Electrical Power Technicians

Job Description
Regulates flow of electricity through substation of electric power system and over distribution lines to consumers: Records readings of switchboard instruments to compile data concerning quantities of electric power used for substation operation and amounts distributed from station.

Responsibilities
Inspecting, operating and maintaining substations and distribution apparatus consistent with safety regulation.
Controlling equipment such as Current converter, Voltage transformers and Circuit breakers to regulate the flow of electricity through substations and overhead distribution lines to customers
Reporting outages, load data to load dispatcher and receiving switching instructions
Observe switchboard instruments to detect indications of line disturbances, such as grounded, shorted, or open circuit.
Records temperature of transformers at specified intervals.
Issues protective tags through established safe clearance procedures for all equipment in the plant and substation.
Notes changes in load and makes routine adjustments to meet such changes without immediate supervision. Reports unusual situations to supervision.
Maintains daily operating log on all operations, both routine and emergency, and reports on line outages and weather conditions. Records hourly readings of indicating and integrating meters, and changes, marks and checks charts of recording instruments.
Switches and maintains substation equipment for proper operation.
Prepares the equipment for operation and starts, stops and controls the units, adjusting the load and voltage and accessory regulating equipment as required.
Performs switching operations in accordance with standard operating procedures.

Qualifications and Requirements
Educational requirements:
OND Electrical Engineering
0-3yrs Experience

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online

Application Deadline Date
5th April, 2016.

Read More:
http://nigeriaspeaker..com.ng/2016/03/entry-level-distribution-substation.html
Re: Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by shunlet(m): 7:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
There is no apply button on the application page, is anybody seeing this same problem?
Re: Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by azeola07(m): 8:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
There is no link to apply for the job
Re: Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by alaya1990(m): 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2016
There is no apply link
Re: Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by balateef(m): 11:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
alaya1990:
There is no apply link
All u need to do is to email your application to recruitment@ibedc.com and use Dsso as the subject of the mail.

1 Like

Re: Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by Nnabugwu8590: 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2016
I got test invitation message from IBEDC, anybody with me?
Re: Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by gingger(m): 3:43am On Jul 21, 2016
Nnabugwu8590:
I got test invitation message from IBEDC, anybody with me?

yea first batch (Batch A)
Re: Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by jbadmus: 4:45am On Jul 21, 2016
Was it through a text message or an E-Mail? A friend applied for the job; I would want to inform him to check his mailbox if that was the medium used.
Re: Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by Nnabugwu8590: 5:00am On Jul 21, 2016
gingger:

yea first batch (Batch A)
Mine is batch B.
Have you written the test?
Re: Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by jbadmus: 5:48am On Jul 21, 2016
jbadmus:
Was it through a text message or an E-Mail? A friend applied for the job; I would want to inform him to check his mailbox if that was the medium used.

Anyone on this?
Re: Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by Nnabugwu8590: 6:46am On Jul 21, 2016
jbadmus:

Anyone on this?
Text message

1 Like

Re: Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by gingger(m): 10:15am On Jul 21, 2016
Nnabugwu8590:

Mine is batch B.
Have you written the test?

The test is tomorrow.. Or wat date is stated on urs?..

The one we wrote sometime April was canceled n dey told us dey will shortlist us again..

Thank God we were shortlisted..

On my way to ibadan thou...
Re: Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by Nnabugwu8590: 11:59am On Jul 21, 2016
gingger:

The test is tomorrow.. Or wat date is stated on urs?..

The one we wrote sometime April was canceled n dey told us dey will shortlist us again..

Thank God we were shortlisted..

On my way to ibadan thou...
The same date with mine.
How was the nature of the former test?
Re: Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by Nnabugwu8590: 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
@Gingger, when you get there, let me know, because I may not arrive in time.
Re: Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by Nnabugwu8590: 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
@Gingger, have you received a message from them?
Re: Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by gingger(m): 1:30pm On Jul 24, 2016
Nnabugwu8590:
@Gingger, have you received a message from them?

Like which type of message? Chat me up on whatsapp.. Check my signature.. Wud b expecting it
Re: Entry-level Distribution Substation Operator At Ibadan Electricity Distribution by Nnabugwu8590: 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2016
gingger:

Like which type of message? Chat me up on whatsapp.. Check my signature.. Wud b expecting it
Repetition of the invitation text message with the same content. Got it last night. but is like is a mistake from them.

(1) (Reply)

Noble Step Resources Limited Recruitment / Sellyfak Energy Gradute Training Recruitment / Nbplc Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.