Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Eagles Won’t Survive Alexandria Clash – Egypt - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles Won’t Survive Alexandria Clash – Egypt (753 Views)

Fans Storm Mohamed Salah's House In Egypt (Photos) / Ahmed Musa: Super Eagles Won’t Lose To Argentina; We Want To Win / Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagles Won’t Survive Alexandria Clash – Egypt by Blackberrybabes: 8:10am On Mar 28, 2016
Egypt coach Hector Cuper says the Pharaohs are not ready to surrender the number one spot on the Gabon 2017 Group G qualifying table, writing off Nigeria’s chances of turning the tables on his team in their reverse fixture in Alexandria on Tuesday.
Italy-based Mohamed Salah scored a late equaliser to help the Pharaohs hold the Super Eagles to a 1-1 draw in their first leg clash in Kaduna on Saturday.

Egypt lead the table on four points followed by Nigeria on two points. Record seven-time African champions Pharaohs would have been leading the table on seven points followed by the Eagles on five points if one of their group rivals Chad had not withdrawn from the qualifiers.
Chad’s withdrawal has thrown the group into a three-team race for the sole ticket to Gabon 2017. Egypt, who had beaten Chad 5-1 in the first leg fixture, are now on four points instead of seven. Second-placed Nigeria have lost three points as well, after their 2-0 victory over Chad was declared as void.

Argentine manager Cuper, who says he is happy about the performance of his team in their Kaduna draw, say they would be out to pick up all points to seal their place in the finals.
The 60-year-old former Valencia and Inter Milan manager disagreed with Nigeria coach Samson Siasia that the Pharaohs came to Kaduna to pick up a draw, hence they opted for a defensive game.

“Siasia has the freedom to say anything but we will attack in Alexandria and will try to win on our pitch,” Cuper was quoted by Egyptian sports outlet Kingfut as saying on Sunday.
He added, “We had a strong first half from the tactical side, but in the second half we committed a lot of mistakes and will work on improving.”

Meanwhile, Roma star Salah said he breathed a sigh of relief when the referee blew the final whistle as he was on his way to one-on-one chance to score because hundreds of home fans were watching the game on the side track around the court.

“I breathed a sigh of relief after the ref blew the final whistle,” Salah, 23, told Al-Ahram Daily newspaper.
“I was afraid when I received the ball and was heading directly towards the goal to score what could have been the winner,” Salah said.
“Had I been able to score, I wouldn’t have been able to tell what exactly the fans’ response would be, that’s why I thanked God right after the final whistle.”
Egypt have not qualified for the tournament since winning the last of their record seven trophies in 2010.

http://www.punchng.com/eagles-wont-survive-alexandria-clash-egypt/

lalasticlala

Re: Eagles Won’t Survive Alexandria Clash – Egypt by Blackberrybabes: 8:10am On Mar 28, 2016
Re: Eagles Won’t Survive Alexandria Clash – Egypt by honorbule(m): 8:17am On Mar 28, 2016
K
Re: Eagles Won’t Survive Alexandria Clash – Egypt by missdebs(f): 8:31am On Mar 28, 2016
the gods are angry
Re: Eagles Won’t Survive Alexandria Clash – Egypt by freethug: 8:37am On Mar 28, 2016
On the contrary Mr Cuper, if your Egypt comes out to attack, you will be beaten soundly. My advise to you is to seat back and absorb the pressure and launch counter attacks. In an all out attacking game Egypt does not stand a chance.

1 Like

Re: Eagles Won’t Survive Alexandria Clash – Egypt by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 28, 2016
I dont know where the confidence is coming from. Egypt will thrash Nigeria
Re: Eagles Won’t Survive Alexandria Clash – Egypt by Rajosh(m): 8:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
if they come out to attack like we did, they will so beat us like kilode cos our defence is nothing to write home about.
Re: Eagles Won’t Survive Alexandria Clash – Egypt by oloriooko(m): 9:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
We do not deserve to beat Egypt and we will not.
Until NFF apologises to Keshi and Pinnick resigns with his board, there shall be no progress for the eagles shikena!

(1) (Reply)

See Pictures Of Asisat Oshoala In 2000 & 2016 / How Delta Air Rescued Dream Team With Special NBA Chartered Aircraft To Brazil / Rio2016: See Who Beat Micheal Phelps To Gold In Swimming(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.