Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

University Of Ilorin,a Nigeria Havard In The Making? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ilorin,a Nigeria Havard In The Making? (1269 Views)

University Of Ilorin Is A Terrorist Organisation - ASUU / heaven / MTN Concert At University Of Ilorin; Few Students Show-up - See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Ilorin,a Nigeria Havard In The Making? by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 28, 2016
5 yrs ago,i graduated from this nigeria most prestigious and the most sort after nigeria university.fastforwarded to 2016,entering the university premises,itz like an isreali university.
What brought about these developments?when i was in my final year,with the ARD,we visited the then VC,prof.Isiaq Oloyede,we asked him several questions out of which he told us that the allocation from the federal goverment is more than enough for the university contrary to what people say concerning the funding of federal universities.
Ùniversity of ilorin has many beautiful structures scattered all over the land mass,with a teak plantation,which will b sufficient in the next ten yrs to pay the lecturers salary.
The university also boast of the best medical school in nigeria
Best nigeria university school stadium
The only and the first university to score A in all the courses being offered after accreditation by the NUC team
The 2nd largest university in the world in terms of land mass,itz bigger than osogbo
The longest walk and sky way in nigeria
The only nigeria university designed for both disable and the able
The only nigeria university with the highest no of international students
The only nigeria university with an admission quota of 14000 students
The only nigeria university to not have gone on stirke for the past 15 yrs
The first nigeria university to introduce CBT
The first nigeria university to own a radio station that operates 24/7
The only nigeria university with instored cctv camera
The only nigeria university given the right to operate a TV station
The most sort after nigeria university
The only university that when mentioned that you are a graduate,people have a second glance at you
The only BETTER BY FAR university in nigeria. etc

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin,a Nigeria Havard In The Making? by oluwadanie1(m): 9:27am On Mar 28, 2016
And with what standards did you measure all these?

You didn't even mention what makes the school synonymous with harvard? Structures?

All you've written above are just your opinion, not facts.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin,a Nigeria Havard In The Making? by xender(m): 11:03am On Mar 28, 2016
not only Harvard na hav lipsrsealed
Re: University Of Ilorin,a Nigeria Havard In The Making? by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 28, 2016
after all these points you mentioned .. ui and uniben still pass am ..
Re: University Of Ilorin,a Nigeria Havard In The Making? by christejames(m): 11:39am On Mar 28, 2016
Your assertions are just flaws and conjectural...

All what you mentioned can't even be compared to an atom of what the one and only University of Nigeria-UNN has achieved and are mainly false and fallacious, so go and sleep... Who told you Unilorin is the largest university in Nigeria talk more of the continent nay the world? Its of record that ABU Zaria has that accolade. Forget the over 70,000 hectare Unilorin seems to be brandishing as her size of land, that's the actual size of Ilorin as a city encompassing your so called Unilorin. There are plethora of foreign students both undergraduate and postgraduates and also foreign staff in UNN (where there even have lodge or guest house for them) likewise some other varsities. When you visit other varsities, especially UNN, you will become repulsive about your self acclaimed Unilorin.

If I start reeling her achievements right from inception your mouth would be agape in astonishment.

Talking about ivy league in Nigeria, I can only tip UNN and UI...

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ilorin,a Nigeria Havard In The Making? by sammyscholar(m): 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2016
Joshaw806:
5 yrs ago,i graduated from this nigeria most prestigious and the most sort after nigeria university.fastforwarded to 2016,entering the university premises,itz like an isreali university.
What brought about these developments?when i was in my final year,with the ARD,we visited the then VC,prof.Isiaq Oloyede,we asked him several questions out of which he told us that the allocation from the federal goverment is more than enough for the university contrary to what people say concerning the funding of federal universities.
Ùniversity of ilorin has many beautiful structures scattered all over the land mass,with a teak plantation,which will b sufficient in the next ten yrs to pay the lecturers salary.
The university also boast of the best medical school in nigeria
Best nigeria university school stadium
The only and the first university to score A in all the courses being offered after accreditation by the NUC team
The 2nd largest university in the world in terms of land mass,itz bigger than osogbo
The longest walk and sky way in nigeria
The only nigeria university designed for both disable and the able
The only nigeria university with the highest no of international students
The only nigeria university with an admission quota of 14000 students
The only nigeria university to not have gone on stirke for the past 15 yrs
The first nigeria university to introduce CBT
The first nigeria university to own a radio station that operates 24/7
The only nigeria university with instored cctv camera
The only nigeria university given the right to operate a TV station
The most sort after nigeria university
The only university that when mentioned that you are a graduate,people have a second glance at you
The only BETTER BY FAR university in nigeria. etc
that is good. Alara in gbe araega.
Re: University Of Ilorin,a Nigeria Havard In The Making? by eitsei(m): 1:40pm On Mar 28, 2016
christejames:
Your assertions are just flaws and conjectural...

All what you mentioned can't even be compared to an atom of what the one and only University of Nigeria-UNN has achieved and are mainly false and fallacious, so go and sleep... Who told you Unilorin is the largest university in Nigeria talk more of the continent nay the world? Its of record that ABU Zaria has that accolade. Forget the over 70,000 hectare Unilorin seems to be brandishing as her size of land, that's the actual size of Ilorin as a city encompassing your so called Unilorin. There are plethora of foreign students both undergraduate and postgraduates and also foreign staff in UNN (where there even have lodge or guest house for them) likewise some other varsities. When you visit other varsities, especially UNN, you will become repulsive about your self acclaimed Unilorin.

If I start reeling her achievements right from inception your mouth would be agape in astonishment.

Talking about ivy league in Nigeria, I can only tip UNN and UI...
what about OAU?
Re: University Of Ilorin,a Nigeria Havard In The Making? by christejames(m): 1:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
eitsei:
what about OAU?
yes! OAU is also a very nice school...

But I'm not comfortable with what I have been hearing about her (OAU) of recent.
Re: University Of Ilorin,a Nigeria Havard In The Making? by Section8(m): 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Calling unilorin a nigerian harvard in the making is an insult to harvard itself. So because u came back after 5 years to see a lot of new structures meant to make the life of lecturers easier u tink say u don see sh!t, guy just reapply and let them torment ur life for 1 semester and then come and tell me about ur new harvard mentality
Re: University Of Ilorin,a Nigeria Havard In The Making? by babyfaceafrica: 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hahahaha...very funny
Re: University Of Ilorin,a Nigeria Havard In The Making? by acesoul(m): 4:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
op you right...am always amazed about the rapid change and development each time I visit the school...
of all the federal universities I have visited in Nigeria so far its best.
Re: University Of Ilorin,a Nigeria Havard In The Making? by olaboy33(m): 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
To outsiders its a Nigerian Havard in the making.....,,..............

but to we insiders,its a PRISONYARD in the making
Re: University Of Ilorin,a Nigeria Havard In The Making? by DharmyYinks: 8:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
The Only Nigerian University that is so biased in her admission procedures

The only Nigerian University to admit 14,000+ and later send half of dem home.

The only Nigerian University wer a security personnel or cleaner can slap u nd if u do anything... Expulsion!!!

The only Nigerian University that admits only the CONNECTED candidates

The only Nigerian University whose PC Tablet is synonymous to thrash

Lemme stop der angry
Re: University Of Ilorin,a Nigeria Havard In The Making? by SweetieConstie(f): 8:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
Kikikiki... DharmyYinks ti binu! Rotfl... Can't stop laughing oo.... E fara ba le joor! grincheesygrin

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Funaab IJMB Fee? / 10 Universities That Will Admit Highest Number Of Candidates For This Session / See The Blogger Shot By Soldiers During AAU Protest (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.