Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Nigerian Lawyer And Activist, Tunji Braithwaite Dies At The Age Of 82 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Lawyer And Activist, Tunji Braithwaite Dies At The Age Of 82 (627 Views)

Joseph Ashefel, Lawyer Collapses And Dies At High Court In Abuja. Photo / How I Contacted HIV From Sleeping With Different Prostitutes At The Age Of 24 / Aba Girls Start Having Sex & Regular Boyfriends At The Age Of 10 - Godwin Uwaoma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lawyer And Activist, Tunji Braithwaite Dies At The Age Of 82 by Glossyclick(m): 3:45pm On Mar 28, 2016
Notable Lawyer and Human rights activist, Tunji Braithwaite, has died. He died of an undisclosed ailment at the St Nicholas Hospital in Lagos today March 28th. He was 82 years old. He is survived by his wife, Grace, 5 children and many grandchildren. May his soul rest in peace Amen.

Source: http://www.glossyclick.com/2016/03/lawyer-and-activist-tunji-braithwaite_28.html?m=1

Tunji Braithwaite was born in 1933, the youngest son of eight children. He was educated at the prestigious C.M.S Grammar School, entering the school’s Preparatory Section in 1946 and completing his education there in 1953. He proceeded to sit for his A Levels at the London University at Kennington College in 1955 and enrolled in 1957/58 as a Law student at the Council of Legal Education, London. He was admitted into Lincoln’s Inn that same year and graduated as a barrister in 1960.
He married his childhood sweetheart; Grace S. Falade in 1956 while they were undergraduates. They have 5 children and many grandchildren.

Re: Nigerian Lawyer And Activist, Tunji Braithwaite Dies At The Age Of 82 by Vision4God: 3:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
God's Comfort to his family

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lawyer And Activist, Tunji Braithwaite Dies At The Age Of 82 by KissCODE(m): 4:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
This is a very sad news. Not because he died, but because Tunji is one of the very few truthful Nigerians who didnt leave to see the Nigeria of their dream.

Now one more Nigerian who had a great vision but was never allowed to promote it is dead.
What else for us?

As i think about this great man‘s death, i also think about mine.
Will i ever live to see my dream Nigeria?
Will i leave to see a Nigeria where government will not exploit people through politicians?
Will i be alive to see a Nigeria where corrupt people will not be witch hunting others claiming they are fighting corruption?
Will i live to see a Nigeria here corruption would be brought to the lowest %?
Will i live long enough to see a Nigeria where politicians will think of how to improve the worth of the people other than upgrading the politicians social & financial status?

Tunji we will miss you so much in 2018. You will no more be there to speak without fear or favour.

Safe journey great man...

The years you spent here in Nigeria, will forever speak for u...

May God comfort your family, friends, party members & the entire CLEAN plitical family members.

(1) (Reply)

Fun Exercise!!!!! How To Calculate The Drugs Your Child Needs / . / Photo: Medical Student, Olaoluwa Olumuyiwa, Seeks Help To Live!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.