Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

My Near Death Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Near Death Experience (28472 Views)

We Are Hiring Near You Apply Now General Cashier / World Bank Africa Fellowship Program! Calling On All(fresh/near Complete) Ph.Ds / Write About What Is Happening Near You And Get Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Near Death Experience by pyxon(m): 9:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
hian
Re: My Near Death Experience by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
lol@ keeping KPMG before your life, you cheapskate.

From the onset, I had this uneasy feeling because the bus made a loud sick creaky sound when it was started at the park. As a matter of fact, its rickety looks was baffling than usual.

I bet it was a local park and the cheapest fare you could afford.

seriously, what do you expect when you enter a rickety bus, a smooth ride?

am sure there were rice sacks, Ghana-must-go bags and all sorts of heavy bags strapped to the bus, on top and bursting out of the booth.

if you wanna travel by road, do it well.
there are reputable transport companies that take safety seriously and do not exceed a certain speed limit.

I hope you got the job?
Re: My Near Death Experience by Justicemy: 9:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
Death is a journey to the unexplored. The big question is, who is ready to be that great explorer ??
Re: My Near Death Experience by ugonna1054(m): 9:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
By Grace, we are saved........may the grace of God never depart from us....Amen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Near Death Experience by Moz22: 9:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
Re: My Near Death Experience by doublehonor: 9:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
the real Abefe Jengbetiele you are. may God continue to keep you and yours.
Re: My Near Death Experience by wemmieslim(f): 9:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
Somebody shouts Halleluyah!!! Great write up, thank God for your life.
Re: My Near Death Experience by bee444: 9:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
You know what baffles me? You narrated this ordeal without taking a common photo of the incident. This shows how you gon do this without evidence.

Showing those pics to your potential employer might even automatically get you the job.

Anyways, I thank God on your behalf.

1 Like

Re: My Near Death Experience by danidee10(m): 9:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
ksstroud:
Waoooo
Op I'm thrilled by your penning...
Thank God for your life...
KPMG ehmmmmm, thank God for my life too

When will u learn that it's wow not waooo ehn

1 Like

Re: My Near Death Experience by Bloomingbud(f): 9:48pm On Mar 28, 2016
Thank God for your life op, each time i ply that route (done that four times this year) i keep appreciating God for past journies and commiting the coming ones to his hands. Good thing you got the job, may our lives not be wasted.
Re: My Near Death Experience by ogorwyne(f): 9:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
richiepolymer:

Similar experience happened to me in February this year. A big Daewoo bus (comrade bus) veered off its lane and swerved towards us and bang!!!! I was sitting in the front with the driver. Honestly ......I cried seeing those who gave up the ghost as help didn't come. Immediately, my life started playing like a movie before my eyes. Several questions started running through my mind. Was I proud of the life I had lived in the past? I saw another wicked part of Nigerians in behaviour. They approach the accident scene and say eyaa....they take photos and zoom off! Even the police refused to help accident victims. FRSC and NSCDC showed up later to help. For respect of the departed, I refused to take photographs of any lifeless body or bleeding victim just the bus wreckage. Let me tell us all, nobody knows the minute his number will be called. The earthly death does not need anybody's permission to knock on his door. When the time comes even our conscience starts judging us immediately, especially when you know you haven't lived right. I had a second chance, I know what I felt and vowed to totally disconnect myself from all earthly vice that has been a limitation to me. Fellow nairalanders, hmm.....a word is enough.
This is touching. Thank God for sparing u.

4 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience by Claroo(m): 9:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
0955eb027:
dat moment on oyo-ogbomoso xpress way.
Back den wen I used to travel to Ilorin, I fear that express pass anything. Hardly wl u not see an accident on dat express.

1 Like

Re: My Near Death Experience by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Thank God for your life OP. This is one of the reasons I don't shortlist applicants based in any location (state) other than the state where the job is domiciled irrespective of the qualification and experience.

Ki Olorun ko ma so wa.
Re: My Near Death Experience by butanep(m): 9:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
I thank God every day for the gift of life. The life is just so mysterious that no one can permutate his departure time.

My near death experience occurred to me in my final year as an undergraduate in the ever popular Ekosodin @ UNIBEN. It was a nightmare that still remain fresh in my memory till date. It almost had a psychological effect on me.

I was attacked by 6 hefty boys by 1am. After robbing the other occupant of the hostel, they came to my room that is well protected with double iron gate. They knocked and I refused to open because I know they can't gain entrance to my room. I was with my side chick that night. They shouted in anger... Open the door or you die... I hide my laptops, phones and other electronic gadgets with me including that of the babe and money. she started crying... please open the door for them. As a stubborn guy I refused. I though they will knock and leave thereafter...

The became angry because I refused to open the door. They brough out their axe and destroyed my glasses. That wasn't enough, they started hitting my window protector with their axe... they said since I refused to open, they will break the protector to meet me. I became cold. What should I do? The babe has melted already leaving me to brainstorm ideas to savage the situation... They continue to hit the protector harder and the protector became weak...

This time they said " we must kill you when we come inside". I was so cold. It was between life and death. I though of escaping through the ceiling but what will now happen to the babe. My head was just generating ideas every seconds. I went closer to the window protector and use brain to collect the axe from them because the axe hooked to the protector as they hit. I drag the axe inside my room. They were handicap. They brought out an iron rod to hit the protector so it can fall, I then connected light to the protector. One of them said " we must kill this boy", he is too stubborn. This guy must die... they said. I was just think how it will be if they finally succeeded in breaking the protector. I saw weeping and applying brain. I was too late to open the door.

I never knew they came with a gun. Immediately they brough it out, nepa took the light. God of heaven I said... I was sweating like someone in a battle field. I ran out of ideas because they were not interested in robbing again but after my life. They brought out their touch light. As they began to find the next possible step to break into my room, a gun shoot came from somewhere close. They became afraid. I saw it on their faces. They asked themselves who shut the gun but no one could explain. 5mins later, another gun shoot came and they all ran. I almost collapsed. I thought my end has come. My babe has slept off on the floor sweating bitterly. I woke her up and she cried till dawn.

The experience affected me psychologically for months before I gain my balance. God was the ultimate reason I escaped that mysterious robbing attack. I thank God for saving me till date... Baba Ose

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Near Death Experience by olabimp(f): 9:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
I thank God for your life Op. May Almighty God continue to protect us all

1 Like

Re: My Near Death Experience by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
Your immodest use of creative writing technique mocks the sober feeling an unpleasant incident like yours should ordinarily evoke in readers. I am tempted to place your experience on the shelf of creative fiction.
Re: My Near Death Experience by Tellemall: 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
Jengbetiele:
MY NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE
This time last year, my life flashed in front of my eyes. It was the closest near death experience I’ve ever had. My folks will say if the death that ought to kill someone end up shaving your head, then one should have every reason to be grateful. I had an interview appointment with KPMG in Lagos, so I had to travel all the way. Unfortunately, I was involved in a road crash on the popular Lagos/Ibadan highway.

From the onset, I had this uneasy feeling because the bus made a loud sick creaky sound when it was started at the park. As a matter of fact, its rickety looks was baffling than usual. But waiting for the next bus wasn’t an option. The probability of missing my interview was 90 percent putting the steady traffic into deliberation. Or should I say I prioritized KPMG’s offer than my own life. A risk I will never take again.

Just about an hour into the journey, we were out of the city in the middle of absolutely nowhere. I could feel the bus forcefully pick up speed as we cruised down the pothole ridden highway. We were going pretty fast at about 100km per hour. The mere thought of the rigors I was going to go through in Lagos as the sun arose from its slumber made me exhausted from within. That informed my decision to get some sleep as I fell slowly into slumber.

I was just about dreaming about myself in 3pieces Italian suit repping KPMG and travelling all over at KPMG’s call, attending world class trainings and conferences beyond the shores of Nigeria, applying all the special graces, etiquettes and poise learnt from school of poise during business dinners and meeting tall beautiful and brilliant career ladies. As I imagined my radiantly glowing future with KPMG, I felt a smile on my gentle face.

Then all of a sudden I heard a very deafening bang from behind… dearest brethren the rear tire blew out (bursted) on motion and immediately the jostle for the steering began as one of the passenger seated by the driver was either competing or helping the driver to have that much needed life saving grip on the steering. Everyone started shouting Mohammed, Jesus, Ifa as the bus swerved left and right simultaneously on the road with death lurking at the corner. Babies were crying as mothers called out to their children.
That moment, my calmness superseded that of River Oni in Efon Alaaye Ekiti state. That innate fear of death we were all born with just vanished, and nothing really mattered any more. But the thought of how they are going to deliver my dead body to my family petrified me. I could visualize my brother or my sister already claiming my body in tears. I pitied the struggles of my parents but what do I do? I muttered to myself Mum, Dad, and Siblings….this is where it all ends. I love you so much. I wanted to reach for my pen to write down my own epitaph but I could not find my pen.

I began to wonder what becomes of all my mahogany tall dreams of the future I have always envisioned. So condolence registered will be opened? Just like that? I thought I was going to be another case of many that were born talented but die unknown. That moment I knew the whole lot that makes us human is just pure vanity. I had no choice than to close my eyes with the expectations of opening them in the afterlife.

The driver applied break and then bus tumbled off the road, rolled down by the side twice and fell into a mini cliff around shagamu. It was such a gory sight to behold. I thought I was going to die. The chilly breeze on my body was the best thing I’ve ever felt. I was so grateful that I wasn’t even injured at all. I was the first to get out alive unaided before people came to the rescue. Some people were carried off in Frsc truck designated as ambulance almost breathless as they fight against death unconsciously.

I realized two people were trapped inside the bus. In fact, I wanted to sit where they were seated, but I changed my seat twice by divine arrangement. I wasn’t certain if they made it out alive, because I didn’t stay long enough to find out. I left the scene and got picked up by a Good Samaritan that was heading towards my destination. It is a pity our government really do not value the life of her citizens. If they really do, every bus in our parks would have been monitored and regulated before every trip. In fact, the sight of some of them is enough reason for a life impoundment.

Nonetheless, this experience has taught me never to forsake myself at the expense of anything again. I should not have cared about getting late for the interview or even missing it. If I had died, KPMG will not pay me a kobo because I am not even an employee yet. I have learnt to appreciate the people around me the more.

To everyone reading this right now, please take a second to appreciate everything in your life. Tell your parents you love them. Call your best friends for hook up sometimes. Because you never know what can happen unpredictably. “May we not travel whenever the highway is hungry” like my folks would pray. I thank God for sparing my life and I still made it to the venue of interview that same day on time and passed. My friends said I should have gone back home immediately after the accident though.

Why don't you tell people to be cautious of vehicles they intend on traveling in? That was obviously the problem and the Most Important Thing to tell. Everybody who entered that vehicle did so at their own peril. They all decided to ignore glaring signs that the vehicle was poorly patched up, and look at how it ended.

Lesson: when you see a patched up, ugly, discolored, battered, scary-looking vehicle and you have misgivings, be lucky you noticed and do not get on it, be it a taxi or long distance trip. That vehicle was not destined to pick you up.
Re: My Near Death Experience by rennylaw(m): 10:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
Wow. This is really touching . Thank God for your life. And I must say that this is an excellent write up. Its been long I read something as well composed as this on Nairaland . Keep it up man
Re: My Near Death Experience by dyn1800: 10:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
You've got job already why looking for one..... You'll make a good writer bro...... Just keep up ..... Do more of true life story and fiction ..... The sky is your starting point
Re: My Near Death Experience by Baddyguy: 10:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
You are Brave!!!
butanep:
I thank God every day for the gift of life. The life is just so mysterious that no one can permutate his departure time.

My near death experience occurred to me in my final year as an undergraduate in the ever popular Ekosodin @ UNIBEN. It was a nightmare that still remain fresh in my memory till date. It almost had a psychological effect on me.

I was attacked by 6 hefty boys by 1am. After robbing the other occupant of the hostel, they came to my room that is well protected with double iron gate. They knocked and I refused to open because I know they can't gain entrance to my room. I was with my side chick that night. They shouted in anger... Open the door or you die... I hide my laptops, phones and other electronic gadgets with me including that of the babe and money. she started crying... please open the door for them. As a stubborn guy I refused. I though they will knock and leave thereafter...

The became angry because I refused to open the door. They brough out their axe and destroyed my glasses. That wasn't enough, they started hitting my window protector with their axe... they said since I refused to open, they will break the protector to meet me. I became cold. What should I do? The babe has melted already leaving me to brainstorm ideas to savage the situation... They continue to hit the protector harder and the protector became weak...

This time they said " we must kill you when we come inside". I was so cold. It was between life and death. I though of escaping through the ceiling but what will now happen to the babe. My head was just generating ideas every seconds. I went closer to the window protector and use brain to collect the axe from them because the axe hooked to the protector as they hit. I drag the axe inside my room. They were handicap. They brought out an iron rod to hit the protector so it can fall, I then connected light to the protector. One of them said " we must kill this boy", he is too stubborn. This guy must die... they said. I was just think how it will be if they finally succeeded in breaking the protector. I saw weeping and applying brain. I was too late to open the door.

I never knew they came with a gun. Immediately they brough it out, nepa took the light. God of heaven I said... I was sweating like someone in a battle field. I ran out of ideas because they were not interested in robbing again but after my life. They brought out their touch light. As they began to find the next possible step to break into my room, a gun shoot came from somewhere close. They became afraid. I saw it on their faces. They asked themselves who shut the gun but no one could explain. 5mins later, another gun shoot came and they all ran. I almost collapsed. I thought my end has come. My babe has slept off on the floor sweating bitterly. I woke her up and she cried till dawn.

The experience affected me psychologically for months before I gain my balance. God was the ultimate reason I escaped that mysterious robbing attack. I thank God for saving me till date... Baba Ose
Re: My Near Death Experience by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fortune02:
I Read the whole story cos your writing got quality.
Anyway we don't have to wait for a near death experience before we appreciate God for life. Live right and always thank God for every minute that passed. Life is short. This ain't our home!
ya me too, dude writes well. He must be a guru in literature-in-english or some other affiliated..................... I wish i could write like that.
Re: My Near Death Experience by Dinocarex(m): 10:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
I have got water in my eyes
Its that tear??

Sigh!! Sometimes, we don't appreciate life till it flashes in front of us.
I'm happy for the O.P and everyone who contributed telling their near death experiences, its a sign that we all have something (quota) to contribute to this life.

1 Like

Re: My Near Death Experience by delvinmaya(m): 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
For the first time in my life, I saw human brain splattered on the road today, legs mangled. While others passengers were covering their eyes in agony and self pity, I just sat there stone faced, with my brain going into denial. I realized that I have been numbed by the constant pictures of gory sights I see on the internet.
Forgive me if it seems like am uncaring and that I click all gory pictures online. I avoid such stuffs but I am always presented with them on my facebook wall by people who are more interested in being the first person to report horrible news. I wonder how such people would feel if they were the ones being snapped dead on the highway.
I wanna add this, aside rickety vehicles, most drivers on the highway drive as though they were late for an award program. It's sickening and disheartening when you realize that accidents that could have been avoided happened as a result of over speeding or just plain dumb driving. And yet it seems that laws that would ensure such inhumane peeps are punished seems hard for our law makers. We are left at the mercy of prayers before we set off on any journey but what if
Re: My Near Death Experience by AkumahTalk(m): 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
Funny how the futility of life and the certainty of death rubbishes our desperation for achievements. Literally, we're just living to die. The only problem is that man has already been condemned from birth.
Therefore, "Hell from beneath is excited about you, To meet you at your coming"...Isaiah 14:9a. Don't be a fool to doubt the ancient cycle of birth-life-death-judgement.
Think of how many have come and gone and how many are yet to come; "Our God is a consuming fire"...Hebrews 12:29. "Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure"...Isaiah 5:14.
But how can we escape this ancient trap? "Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied"..Proverbs 27:20
Be rest assured that we have the blessed hope of eternal life through CHRIST JESUS. His blood is our covering; a price he has paid for our souls. May God grant you wisdom to see life for what it is. Happy Easter.....

4 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
Baddyguy:
You are Brave!!!
this one pass horror movie oo, see how i just the shiver for here. But u get liver die i swear!
Re: My Near Death Experience by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
butanep:

this one pass horror movie oo, see how i just the shiver for here. But u get liver die i swear!

4 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience by obiak4(m): 10:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
then I should probably call myself the man with nine lives survived boko boys in the north lost 6 friends redeployed to Benue anyiin gov. Gabriel suswan's village got bitten by snakes thrice which I survived miraculously,
most importantly a FRIEND took a bullet in my stead (R.I.P THOMAS BENDEL) WAY BACK IN SECONDARY SCHOOL.
the only true friend I have ever had,

4 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience by greatbrian(m): 10:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
I remain thankful to God too we we're preparing for dz wedding involving my neighbour and we happen to stay in same compound so we we're like families...... anyway we planned and designed the wedding togeda. D wedding was to take place in abujaandwe reside in ekiti. So a day to going my mum had a nightmare and she concluded none of us z going I was angry sad and so angry I was wondering when my mum changed her name to Josephine anyway to cut d story short we didn't go buh few hours after we had a call the people who left we're involved in a very ghastic motor accident 5 died at d spot including 2 of my friends and some pasors d other 3 are still in comatose as I type dz we had to travel to gwagalada that night to claim the bodies and rescue the injured when d road safety called am so grateful to God for dz amazing grace

2 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience by azeecoboy(m): 10:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
this is so touching,inspirating,and so much lessons to be learnt..
so far,i learnt from OP's write up that this life is too short to take everything serious...
they are some certain time in life we realize the importance of pple that lives around us...
in life,always try to be good to pple,dont look down on anyone..lets not live a life of pretence,moreover,we shouldnt start behaving asif this life is our permanent abode,because life is just like a Market,where u sell and buy your goods,then u return home to account for all what u've achieve so far,whether profit or loss
Life is just vanity!!!
lets
Re: My Near Death Experience by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:32pm On Mar 28, 2016
0955eb027:
dat moment on oyo-ogbomoso xpress way.
I tell you, that road is nothing to write home about. whenever I am travelling back to school, I don't monitor the driver oooo but when we get to that thin narrow road, my eyes are always wide open.
Re: My Near Death Experience by onyeekul001(m): 10:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
What a great testimony.Thank God for life .... Premature death will never be ur portion Amen.
Re: My Near Death Experience by Horlufemi(m): 10:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
I'm not forming itk but isn't near death experience actually means dying seeing the afterlife and waking up again?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc Recruitment For Graduate Trainees - Flour Operations / Get The Best, Hottest And Most Recent Job Offers And Openings In Nigeria / NIMC Make-up Test, Who Else Got The Text?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.