Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

An Open Letter To Nigerian Government, The DG NYSC And To Whom It May Concern - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / An Open Letter To Nigerian Government, The DG NYSC And To Whom It May Concern (1013 Views)

FG Set To Increase Allowance Of Corpers - NYSC DG / Miss Lagos NYSC And Mr Macho (Photos) / Did You Get The Mail From The DG Of NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Nigerian Government, The DG NYSC And To Whom It May Concern by odutolasodiq(m): 10:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
Every time, you report the demise of corp members either via political violence or medical inadequacy or clan clashes, etc.
Don't you have sense?!
Stop using corp members for elections! Stop using them as experiments to treat Ebola victims! There are trained personnels for that!
This is no longer service. It's a set up. A scam.
Scrap this shit called NYSC. The purpose has been defeated.
First, you waste our one year. Then you render us unproductive by deploying us to schools and firms that reduce our IQ level.
You finally pay us peanuts as compensation.
Some of us work on credit as you skip our payment most times. We even have to plead when we miss a CDS (Corpers' Discussion Scheme) just so we can get a clearance for payrolling.
This is an abuse of human right. Nigerian youths are better than this.
Some of us leave school regretting what we studied for 4 years. And when we have the time to put our lives into perspective, you send us to
a remote, networkless village where life is lived backwards.
Spare me the bullshit of how many of us get employment, spouses, and a passion for service and tolerance of culture in those rural areas.
The whites and the pinks have been doing much more than that without a NYSC scheme in their country. People will find spouse anyhow (even if it's a one-year spiritual or military training).
Let me not talk about how much fund is pumped into this scam that could be used for more productive channels. How do you even generate
revenue to run this? Or is all from the government?
Who does that? Financial 'investment' without financial returns? I know those buildings and Secretariat don't generate income. I also know corpers don't give
offerings. Neither do they pay alumni dues.
On the average, a corper earns #217,800 in 11 months. If you so please to spend this money, give the entire money to every graduate when they leave school. It's a more reasonable money to invest than breaking it into bits.
As for the staff who will cry unemployed when the scheme shuts down, you are the one that
encouraged us into SAED (Speeches And Endless Digressions). You should fix yourself. Or better still, join the pensioners' queue.
What do you do for a living? You are a NYSC staff.
What is your job description? I payroll.
Clap for yourself.
In the sight of this economic hardship with the President crying no money, scrap NYSC and have all the money you want. Take #217,800
from over 2million youths per batch, the figure is out of range in my calculator. Do the maths yourself.
I know everybody won't share this view. That's why it's my view. I'm the one seeing it. All eyes are not equal.
Plus, I may be wearing shades.
I hate long posts!
Blame NYSC for this too
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Government, The DG NYSC And To Whom It May Concern by SODEXSKI(m): 10:47pm On Mar 28, 2016
ok
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Government, The DG NYSC And To Whom It May Concern by anuma1(m): 10:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
tell them
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Government, The DG NYSC And To Whom It May Concern by psucc(m): 11:16pm On Mar 28, 2016
if the truth be told, it is greed that drove the then DG of NYSC to offer corps members for election duties. When he learnt how much money was paid by inec to ad hoc staff who equally were reducing and inec's inability to fill vacancies, he got an underhand deal with Jega and that was how we got into this trouble.

We lost more than we gain from the service. You lost members to accidents, communal/religious clashes, and politics.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Government, The DG NYSC And To Whom It May Concern by psucc(m): 11:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
if the truth be told, it is greed that drove the then DG of NYSC to offer corps members for election duties. When he learnt how much money was paid by inec to ad hoc staff who equally were reducing and inec's inability to fill vacancies, he got an underhand deal with Jega and that was how we got into this trouble.

We lost more than we gain from the service. You lost members to accidents, communal/religious clashes, and politics.

Tell the PCMs that when one cute method of completing the service year alive is to avoid the last lines of the Oath of Allegiance where some foolishly vow to pay the supreme price.

For who?

For which country?

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Postponement Best Solution EVER!!!!!! / #SayNoToUnemployment.....Make Money As A Corper / This Is For Corper That Did Their Pop On 7/04/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.