Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

What Secrets An HR Won’t Tell You? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Secrets An HR Won’t Tell You? (916 Views)

13 Hidden Secrets Lawyers Won’t Tell Their Client / 13 Hidden Secrets Lawyers Won’t Tell Their Client / HR Professionals: Features Businesses Should Look Out For In An HR Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Secrets An HR Won’t Tell You? by vnmanpower(f): 11:22am On Mar 29, 2016
The Human Resources department is almost a must-have to all companies. It is uniquely positioned, to interact face-to-face with every employee and employer in the company. Here are things you should know and be careful about what an HR will never admit openly.

1. The No. 1 thing in job security is nothing else but your relationship with your boss. Even if he says, ‘I’m sorry I really wanted to keep you, but they made me lay you off,’ that’s almost never true. He probably has made that decision already.

2. You might read some advice like ‘Be yourself’ in the interview. Please don’t be yourself. That’s the worst advice ever. We don’t want to interview people who are neurotic and quirky and whatever else. All we care about and want to talk to is your skills and experience.

3. You’re right to be paranoid. HR’s job is always watching you due to a detailed background check on employees and there’s a record of everything you do: how much you use your cellphone at work, how much you wander the Internet, use [url=http://vnmanpower.com/en/search-blog/social%2520media.html]social media[/url], and gossip, and a lot more than you imagine. At most companies, that data is saved forever.

4. Don’t ever tell me whenever in an interview that you must have this job because you gonna lose your house, your kids have to eat, go to school, your parents has cancer. Companies aren’t a charity institution.

5. Most companies do have the blacklists. It has not to be written down anywhere but it’s a list of people they’d be happy to get rid of if the opportunity arises. Screen your circumstance, if you frequently feel invisible, or you’re getting bad assignments, probably your boss is ignoring you, or if they move your office, you’re pretty much on it.

6. We are required to retain the best talent within an organization. These “stars,” get preferential treatment by the HR department. Especially, we concentrate to cultivate and challenge staffs who could make a difference in the workplace. It is trying in vain to fight against these such preferential treatment. But the unfairness can be leveraged in your favor provided if you are considered valuable by us.

7. I know many of you did meet your former spouse at the company. But the problem is, for every one of you, there are at least five people it doesn’t work out as well for. And your office romance can and will be held against you.
Re: What Secrets An HR Won’t Tell You? by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2016
Aunty....gimme work. Ney dey post big big post.
Re: What Secrets An HR Won’t Tell You? by vnmanpower(f): 4:40am On Apr 04, 2016
Sorry. I don't provide jobs

(1) (Reply)

34 Business Management Books Every New Manager Should Read / ICAN Foundation Level Study Pack For November 2016 Diet. / Quality Ways Your Capacity Determines Your Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.