Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Britain Or Canada? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Britain Or Canada? (2561 Views)

Gtb Or Canada/germany / Move To Australia Or Canada / I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Britain Or Canada? by AccidentalGenius: 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
For a Nigerian wishing to pursue a masters degree in oil & gas and also considering job prospects, which country would more advised?

Britain or Canada?
Re: Britain Or Canada? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
Canada straight away

1 Like

Re: Britain Or Canada? by AccidentalGenius: 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
Olacombs23:
Canada straight away

Could you please give reasons? Are the chances of getting a job as a foreigner less difficult compared to the UK? Education and or research standards better in Canada than the UK?
Re: Britain Or Canada? by Ravenna: 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2016
AccidentalGenius:

Could you please give reasons? Are the chances of getting a job as a foreigner less difficult compared to the UK? Education and or research standards better in Canada than the UK?
Canada ni o!

1 Like

Re: Britain Or Canada? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
AccidentalGenius:

Universities in canada are affordable than the ones in britain
You stand a better chance of becoming a permanent residence after school
Ranked 8th safest country in the world, uk is 49th
There are more jobs in canada than uk. Cause in uk there are alot of ppl working illegally which makes it harder for non european to get a good job, ppl in uk are migrating to u.s and canada ... Baba make I no talk too much... Canada over uk

3 Likes

Re: Britain Or Canada? by AccidentalGenius: 5:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
Olacombs23:

Universities in canada and affordable than the ones in britain
You stand a better chance of becoming a permanent residence after school
Ranked 8th safest country in the world, uk is 49th
There are more jobs in canada than uk. Cause in uk there are alot of ppl working illegally which makes it harder for non european to get a good job, ppl in uk are migrating to u.s and canada ... Baba make I no talk too much... Canada over uk

lol I get the message. Thanks.
Re: Britain Or Canada? by gustav25: 6:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
immediately am done with my bsc next year ....CANADA ALLL THE WAY
good economy better opportunity for a job the accept migrates every year 250,000 migrates are granted permanent residency wetin again I wan talk ?

1 Like

Re: Britain Or Canada? by AccidentalGenius: 6:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
gustav25:
immediately am done with my bsc next year ....CANADA ALLL THE WAY

good economy
better opportunity for a job
the accept migrates
every year 250,000 migrates are granted permanent residency
wetin again I wan talk ?

Same here oh my brother. Nigeria has nothing to offer but manageable life. I don't manage.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Or Canada? by Bandeco(m): 7:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
AccidentalGenius:

Same here oh my brother. Nigeria has nothing to over but manageable life. I don't manage.
Canada for me.
More immigrants friendly - Canada by far (immigration is a big issue in the UK. Understandable because she is a small island country wit huge population density)

Job prospects - Canada all the world. You are not even allow to work in the UK after ur studies. Pack ur bag and head home grin
Re: Britain Or Canada? by AccidentalGenius: 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
Bandeco:

Canada for me.
More immigrants friendly - Canada by far (immigration is a big issue in the UK. Understandable because she is a small island country wit huge population density)

Job prospects - Canada all the world. You are not even allow to work in the UK after ur studies. Pack ur bag and head home grin

Lol never knew that last part about the uk
Re: Britain Or Canada? by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 30, 2016
AccidentalGenius:

For the UK; you can get an excellent job in the UK, but you would be given just four months to do that.
When it comes to Oil and gas jobs all over the world and career wise, you are better off in the UK. The Oil extracted and method of extraction in UK, rest of Europe and Asia is very similar to that of Africa. The UK has better research universities and excellent scholars. It's also close to EU and the middle east.

In Canada, You would be given a 3 year work permit after studies in which may or may not help in securing a permanent residence.
Job-wise , Canada is not doing well at the moment. It has one of the most expensive oil to extract in the world (Oils sands and SAGD), hence the economy is badly affected by the low price of Oil. Things could get better though if oil price goes up.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Or Canada? by benpedro(m): 12:30am On Mar 30, 2016
Canada just dey totori una body here lol.funny enough most of you complains of harmattan in Nigeria.oya naa make una dey come Canada.Una nyash go freezesmiley smiley smiley
Re: Britain Or Canada? by AccidentalGenius: 1:03am On Mar 30, 2016
benpedro:
Canada just dey totori una body here lol.funny enough most of you complains of harmattan in Nigeria.oya naa make una dey come Canada.Una nyash go freezesmiley smiley smiley

I love anything cold. Harmattan jus comes with dryness. But that's not the point of this anyways.
Re: Britain Or Canada? by Brigadier7(m): 6:44am On Mar 30, 2016
I will say Canada! Here are my reasons! Uk is too saturated with people hence more job competition 2) immigration ish is more friendly in Canada

2 Likes

Re: Britain Or Canada? by yvelchstores(f): 6:59am On Mar 30, 2016
MosT def canada. The mkt for oil n gas grad is hot. Go to canada pls. Research on d province wit oil n gas sector n skl there. Congrats.
Re: Britain Or Canada? by simplejayy(m): 7:26am On Mar 30, 2016
don't follow the crowd! but all road will lead to Canada when u done researching

1 Like

Re: Britain Or Canada? by Omojayejaye(m): 9:39am On Mar 30, 2016
Canny is ok like ppl said..you should also include Australia on your list...all the best...
Re: Britain Or Canada? by AccidentalGenius: 10:41am On Mar 30, 2016
Omojayejaye:
Canny is ok like ppl said..you should also include Australia on your list...all the best...

Australia's just too far to consider. Plus I know very little about the country.
Re: Britain Or Canada? by AccidentalGenius: 2:07pm On Mar 30, 2016
yvelchstores:
MosT def canada. The mkt for oil n gas grad is hot. Go to canada pls. Research on d province wit oil n gas sector n skl there. Congrats.

Quite right. Thank you.
Re: Britain Or Canada? by Bandeco(m): 3:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
AccidentalGenius:

Australia's just too far to consider. Plus I know very little about the country.
Australia is an amazing country.

Advantages over Canada
Friendly climate,
better economy- richer country
natural resources abounds,
Higher minimum wage than Canada,
job prospects is superb too.

Disadvantages over Canada
Stricter immigration rules - Less immigrants friendly
Very far geographically
Dangerous and poisonous animals abound grin grin.. Sight of Snakes, vodka and other funny creatures is a normal daily occurrence
Less vibrant Nigerian community

1 Like

Re: Britain Or Canada? by AccidentalGenius: 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
Bandeco:

Australia is an amazing country.

Advantages over Canada
Friendly climate,
better economy- richer country
natural resources abounds,
Higher minimum wage than Canada,
job prospects is superb too.

Disadvantages over Canada
Stricter immigration rules - Less immigrants friendly
Very far geographically
Dangerous and poisonous animals abound grin grin.. Sight of Snakes, vodka and other funny creatures is a normal daily occurrence
Less vibrant Nigerian community

Lol u forgot to mention they have a great rugby team. Anyways it's just too far.
Re: Britain Or Canada? by Omojayejaye(m): 9:16pm On Mar 30, 2016
AccidentalGenius:

You can give it a shot..Oz visa denial rate is lower compared to canny..my opinion tho..
Just check Australia thread here..don't pick canny coz every d1ck,tom and harry is going there...decide wat you want in life...bro no follow crowd..all the best
Re: Britain Or Canada? by Etinosajay(m): 11:04am On Mar 31, 2016
Op

Consider schools in Alberta province. They have oil up there.
Re: Britain Or Canada? by AccidentalGenius: 6:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
Etinosajay:
Op
Consider schools in Alberta province. They have oil up there.
I was considering minasota but I'll look into it
Re: Britain Or Canada? by blaze612(m): 8:51pm On Mar 31, 2016
can a 2:2 graduate go for masters in canada
Re: Britain Or Canada? by Etinosajay(m): 9:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
AccidentalGenius:

I was considering minasota but I'll look into it

Which one is minasota again?

Do you mean state of Minnesota in USA
Re: Britain Or Canada? by AccidentalGenius: 9:18pm On Mar 31, 2016
Etinosajay:

Which one is minasota again?
Do you mean state of Minnesota in USA
Manitoba, canada. Autocorrect mixup
Re: Britain Or Canada? by Abbeycity123: 4:35am On Apr 01, 2016
I think Canada Will better for you, There are lot of opportunity here, if you come to the University of Alberta for instance, It was recently ranked as the 4th best university in the World.

Also, Alberta province has oil, and the Calgary region is full of oil industry meaning you can easily fit in.

Thirdly, The prime minister is considering granting extensive stay to student after their studies and the time of studentship can easily be counted toward their PR application.

So make the right choice.

Take care!.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Britain Or Canada? by AccidentalGenius: 4:43am On Apr 01, 2016
Abbeycity123:
I think Canada Will better for you, There are lot of opportunity here, if you come to the University of Alberta for instance, It was recently ranked as the 4th best university in the World.

Also, Alberta province has oil, and the Calgary region is full of oil industry meaning you can easily fit in.

Thirdly, The prime minister is considering granting extensive stay to student after their studies and the time of studentship can easily be counted toward their PR application.

Take care!.

Appreciate the detailed explanation. Thanks
Re: Britain Or Canada? by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 01, 2016
Abbeycity123:

Take care!.
A link to that ranking. University of Alberta is not even among the top 100 in the world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Americans Earn Lower Than Indian Americans? / Where Can I Do Care Giver Program In Nigeria / I Need A Serious Advice Concerning Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.