Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,357 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11692442 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2017
The young Abdullahi said he will focus on establishing himself first in Roma, and some of you are already panicky, like he said he is coming to solve the RB problem right away.

do4luv14:

lolzzzz grin,

you make me funny , are you saying I don't read before I type

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Now the gaps.

If you are to condemn and drop Onazi because of that SA game then you must also drop Ndidi, Iheanacho, Etebo and Iwobi.

Onazi's primary role is to shield the defence. That is one of the places a game is won or lost. Iwobi I not on my starting eleven because I do not see him having the stamina to meet up with the running the system requires.

Etebo did not make the list because in the central/defensive midfield, we require discipline because or the amount of spaces that will come from the forward runs. Lack of discipline will give the Camerounians room to counterattack us.

Ndidi gets a nod because shielding was not his role in the last game. I see him playing with more discipline with that role his duty. With Mikel providing cover and intelligence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2017
Joebie:
Why worry if we have replacements? SE is for men, not boys. You either sit up, or be forgotten. If you are not playing for your club or you have poor stats, get ready to be forgotten. I think that's how it should be. No sentiments.

to he was captain of Chelsea u-18 for now. grin.. Wat oda players will reject and den force a move .he is embracing it and uploading pics on instagram...the lord is his strength undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Nice points and duly noted.

However, I think a pacy approach will be more effective than preparing to go against the Camerounians with a physical battle in mind. Also, I feel a pacy approach will be more important than a balanced cohesive unit.

I feel also the blending talk is overrated. When Osimhen came in against South Africa, he did not need to blend. He came in and immediately was in sync with the team. Also, see the last game City played, Bernardo Silva came in and was in sync. I think coaches complicate things with a bit of sentimental touches in their opinions.

Select a strategy and the best.

Osimhen did not start likewise Bernardo Silva.
That is what I am talking about. They study the situation alongside the coaches from the bench and go in to fill in whatever gap that needs to be filled.

But wait o. Which blend Osimhen blend against SA. I just only saw him making kati-kati at the far side. That blending be that?

Talking about pace, and cohesiveness they must go together. That's why I want Iheanacho and V. Moses in that 4 man forward line. I expect Mikel and Iwobi to work out the magic touches and passes to those two to finish.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2017
Joebie:
The young Abdullahi said he will focus on establishing himself first in Roma, and some of you are already panicky, like he said he is coming to solve the RB problem right away.

that's what I mean, let him established himself first, before saying anything about trying to, clause before he knows it, we would hav got a more established player there,

and, the headline was not suppose to be so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mumemma: 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Did you not read where I said this is a preliminary list and the camping reports will affect my final view?

Since I dropped my Kung-fu shoes, a lot of people have been talking anyhow.
angry

Lol bros I know say u fit beat me na....but dis Nwakeeme guy, I no trust am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Osimhen did not start likewise Bernardo Silva.
That is what I am talking about. They study the situation alongside the coaches from the bench and go in to fill in whatever gap that needs to be filled.

But wait o. Which blend Osimhen blend against SA. I just only saw him making kati-kati at the far side. That blending be that?

Talking about pace, and cohesiveness they must go together. That's why I want Iheanacho and V. Moses in that 4 man forward line. I expect Mikel and Iwobi to work out the magic touches and passes to those two to finish.

My elder brother says Barcelona plays Tiki Taka while Arsenal runs Kata Kiti.

cheesy

Well Osimhen did more than run. He blended seamlessly with the team. That is what I am pointing out. Lots of coaches make it look as if it takes time for players to sync with teams but I disagree.

The recent case of Bernardo Silva highlights this. He would have still played in sync with the team if he started. Just as he did coming in as a sub.

Also we have seen players who have played a long time with the team still get lost on the field during games. The time is not a determinant. It is the quality of the player.

Look at how Neymar walked into the PSG side. He did not need to blend.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
mumemma:

Lol bros I know say u fit beat me na....but dis Nwakeeme guy, I no trust am

Let us wait for camp reports. If he is not performing on a high level, then he drops out of my starting eleven.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

cheesy

Well Osimhen did more than run. He blended seamlessly with the team. That is what I am pointing out. Lots of coaches make it look as if it takes time for players to sync with teams but I disagree.

The recent case of Bernardo Silva highlights this. He would have still played in sync with the team if he started. Just as he did coming in as a sub.

Also we have seen players who have played a long time with the team still get lost on the field during games. The time is not a determinant. It is the quality of the player.

you are forgetting that that is club football. neymar trained with his teammates for up to two weeks before making his debut. enough time, bernado Silva too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2017
Mickael2:

you are forgetting that that is club football. neymar trained with his teammates for up to two weeks before making his debut. enough time, bernado Silva too

Nice point. Still feel the pace is a priority. if Nwakeme clicks in camp, it is a go for me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2017
you just want to say what the horse's mouth have already said.. OwnGoalNigeria is not Abdullahi

do4luv14:

that's what I mean, let him established himself first, before saying anything about trying to, clause before he knows it, we would hav got a more established player there,

and, the headline was not suppose to be so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

cheesy

Osimhen blended seamlessly? Tell me something.

You can see even your Lord Pep didn't start Bernardo Silva. Talking about Neymar. He is a player with special abilities. We had seen him play over and over even before he went to Barça. But he also took part in the pre-seasons preparations.
So cannot be said of Nwaekeme.

One more thing, try to minimize the comparison of Club football with national team football. It will help.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
He is hopeful. it's a good spirit of contentment though. lol

Lucque:
to he was captain of Chelsea u-18 for now. grin.. Wat oda players will reject and den force a move .he is embracing it and uploading pics on instagram...the lord is his strength undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Nice point. Still feel the pace is a priority. if Nwakeme clicks in camp, it is a go for me.

'Clicks in camp'.

You don't know if he clicks until the match itself. So no coach would want to risk that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

You can see even your Lord Pep didn't start Bernardo Silva. Talking about Neymar. He is a player with special abilities. We had seen him play over and over even before he went to Barça. But he also took part oin the pre-seasons preparations.

One more thing, try to minimize the comparison of Club football with national team football. It will help.

As I said earlier, I do not agree with everything Pep does, contrary to people's belief. Bernardo Silva should have started. His abilities will cover his lack of familiarity. Also, Nwakeme's camping report is critical to him starting or not. If he clicks in camp, it is a go.

Despite the familiarity of the players with Ighalo, he still hit a brick wall playing for us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

'Clicks in camp'.

You don't know if he clicks until the match itself. So no coach would want to risk that.

Clicks in camp. Why risk a player who can not click in camp to perform miracles on match day.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by geomustee: 12:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
Best bet

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:38pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

You can see even your Lord Pep didn't start Bernardo Silva. Talking about Neymar. He is a player with special abilities. We had seen him play over and over even before he went to Barça. But he also took part in the pre-seasons preparations.
So cannot be said of Nwaekeme.

On 10 August 2010 Neymar made his debut with the national team in that game, aged 18 years old, starting the match and wearing the number 11 jersey. He scored on his debut after 28 minutes, a header coming from an André Santos cross in a 2–0 win for Brazil.

This is National team football. He did not need familiarity. Neymar was good to go. This is from U17 to National team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
Joebie:
you just want to say what the horse's mouth have already said.. OwnGoalNigeria is not Abdullahi

don't like going into argument, so EOD cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 1:17pm On Aug 23, 2017
geomustee:
Best bet
lol this your line na error oooh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

On 10 August 2010 Neymar made his debut with the national team in that game, aged 18 years old, starting the match and wearing the number 11 jersey. He scored on his debut after 28 minutes, a header coming from an André Santos cross in a 2–0 win for Brazil.

This is National team football. He did not need familiarity. Neymar was good to go. This is from U17 to National team.

Didn't I mention that Neymer is a player with exceptional qualities? This is Anthony Nwaekeme we are discussing here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2017
My lineup:
Ezenwa
Aina Balogun Ekong Echiejile
Ndidi
Mikel
V. Moses Kelechi Etebo
Ighalo

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Didn't I mention that Neymer is a player with exceptional qualities? This is Anthony Nwaekeme we are discussing here.

Nope. We were discussing if a player can start for his National team without familiarity with the players.

So, the reason why Nwakeme should start or not should rest on ability. Not that he has not played with the team before.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Clicks in camp. Why risk a player who can not click in camp to perform miracles on match day.

A player that "clicks in camp" may not click on match day so why even fielding a player who does not click in camp at all.

What matters most is clicking on match day.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Nope. We were discussing if a player can start for his National team without familiarity with the players.

So, the reason why Nwakeme should start or not should rest on ability. Not that he has not played with the team before.

Hahaha the two bro.

So are you ready to take him off your list now or you still have a point to prove?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
joseph1013:
My lineup:
Ezenwa
Aina Balogun Ekong Echiejile
Ndidi
Mikel
V. Moses Kelechi Etebo
Ighalo

Why Ezenwa?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

As I said earlier, I do not agree with everything Pep does, contrary to people's belief. Bernardo Silva should have started. His abilities will cover his lack of familiarity. Also, Nwakeme's camping report is critical to him starting or not. If he clicks in camp, it is a go.

Despite the familiarity of the players with Ighalo, he still hit a brick wall playing for us.

Una marriage don dey go sour o. shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

A player that "clicks in camp" may not click on match day so why even fielding a player who does not click in camp at all.

What matters most is clicking on match day.

The best bet to know who will click in match day is from camping performances. That is the closest yardstick. Not 1949 hattrick.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Una marriage don dey go sour o. shocked

I have insisted but people with their bias views never listen. I was against Pep Selling Nacho. We needed his goals. I am against his sticking with a three at the back formation. I want him to play a 4-4-2 possessive formation.

There are a lot of things.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Hahaha the two bro.

So are you ready to take him off your list now or you still have a point to prove?

Nwakeme stays for now. If favorable reports comes from camp, then he stays on the list. If not, the reports decides who stays or go. Not sentiments.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2017
dude get out of my mind had a similar lineup going through my head only i hadn't quite settled on the goalkeeping and centre forward role.
i see you removed s. moses and put in musa in your reviewed post. i will still put in simon moses because the last game he played in against cameroon in that friendly he was a thorn in their flesh and also scored against them. still puzzled why kayode wasn't called up atleast he would have brought something different to the CF role plus convert to an emergency winger if need be. hope the coach has a change of heart and hands him a late call. apart from kayode's omission list is ok

TheGoodJoe:
..................................................Nwakeme(CF)
.S. Moses(LMF).................Iheanacho(AMF).................V. Moses(RMF)
................................................................Mikel(CMF)
............................................Ndidi(DMF)
......Echiejile(LB).....................................................................Aina(RB)
.........................Balogun(CB)....................Ekong(CB)
...................................................Alampasu(GK)

My preliminary starting eleven. There will be fluctuations in my list as camping reports filter in. Nwakeme got the nod ahead of Ighalo because of his skills and pace which I feel is a critical factor to break down the Camerounians.

S. Moses also breaks in over Iwobi based on the same criteria. He just needs to focus on working with his team mates. Iwobi needs to do lots of stamina training if he is to make it with the team. Based on stamina, speed and skills, Simon gets the nod.

Aina comes in based on his training with Chelsea and getting the nod to play under Conte. That is a big plus.

Alampasu gets my nod due to previous reports of his performance in camp. But, Ezenwa is a huge challenge.

Onazi dropped because of the gaps he left in the last game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The best bet to know who will click in match day is from camping performances. That is the closest yardstick. Not 1949 hattrick.

Off course yes.

But you cannot have Victor Moses and Osas Okoro in camp and you are asked to predict who Rohr starts and you say we wait until we hear reports from camping.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Melvinity and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.