Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11725582 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Off course yes.

But you cannot have Victor Moses and Osas Okoro in camp and you are asked to predict who Rohr starts and you say we wait until we hear reports from camping.

Because we believe in Victor Moses and his quality. However, if reports from camp comes and Osas is doing far better, I will want Osas to start.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 1:52pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Why Ezenwa?
I'm not comfortable with Akpeyi. Ezenwa has been in the setup for a while so he gets the drill, and his heroics in the last CHAN game should hopefully imbue him with confidence.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:01pm On Aug 23, 2017
my lineup based on the list available would be between 1. ezenwa/alampasu, 2. elderson, 3. balogun, 4. ekong, 5. aina, 6. ndidi, 7. mikel, 8. s.moses, 9. v.moses, 10. iheanacho, 11. etebo

i will play etebo in the false nine role
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Because we believe in Victor Moses and his quality. However, if reports from camp comes and Osas is doing far better, I will want Osas to start.

Yes we believe in Victor Moses' qualities because he has been doing it since "1949" as you put it.

So don't tell me you would want to wait to hear camp report to predict if Moses will start ahead of Osas Okoro.

That is my point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2017
alternatively i could go like this

ezenwa/alampasu

aina ekong balogun elderson

etebo ndidi

v.moses mikel s.moses

iheanacho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Yes we believe in Victor Moses' qualities because he has been doing it since "1949" as you put it.

So don't tell me you would want to wait to hear camp report to predict if Moses will start ahead of Osas Okoro.

That is my point

I will always wait for reports. They are validations to selection. Not relying on past data but current ones.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
please we don't need uncertainty and high blood pressure. if he wants to ''redeem'' himself i know many redeem churches around

do4luv14:

I chooses AKPEYI , cos we need a match for him to redeem himself, plus I hope the new GK trainer, had work on his confidence,

cos those silly mistake were lack of confidence,

ask ENYEAMA

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I will always wait for reports. They are validations to selection. Not relying on past data but current ones.

So in which case you should just jejely withdraw that list you have posted there and wait for match day to post it. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
chrisooblog:
please we don't need uncertainty and high blood pressure. if he wants to ''redeem'' himself i know many redeem churches around

So who mounts goal?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
i think we have enough defenders. at worst ndidi and ogu can fill in

goldfish80:
Kayode not even on the standby list? That's quite chilling. A sucker punch to this list.
I have this feeling he will open his goal account this week in the La Liga, if and when this happens, Gernot Rohr and the Nff technical committee will look quite silly.

Why is nobody complaining about Victor Osimhen being excluded? I thought we wanted young light weight players to run the Camerounians to the ground.

It's high time people get to understand and live with the fact that Aluko is not on the radars of the national team handlers. Sad but true

Finally, I see we are one defender short. 7 defenders instead of 8 leaves the list one CB short. Since this game is a double header in quick succession, if we loose either of Ekong or Balogun in the first leg, we will be travelling to Yaounde with no extra CB on the bench.
I know Ndidi can fill in there but.... God help us

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
chrisooblog:

lolzzz pastor!""""

so who should be there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
i trust ezenwa. he has kept in a couple of our last matches admittedly chan games but he has grown in confidence and has been playing regularly. akpeyi on the other hand hasn't played much for his club of recent plus saying that his last matches for the national team have been jittery is an understatement

Icon4s:

So who mounts goal?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2017
same reply i gave icon
do4luv14:

lolzzz pastor!""""

so who should be there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 2:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
Why do I keep hearing Kayode deserves to be invited when Ighalo is in form. Kayode has been to camp twice and I believe that enough time to access his abilities and he didnt blow our mind. One of those fringe player,probably will never shoulder Super Eagles attacking responsibilities.
Ighalo is a strong,skillful and a better hold-up player than Kelechi with more experience. Ighalo should be a mainstay in the team.
Nwakaeme needs to be accessed to decide if he belongs there or not.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
my starting line-up
ezenwa
aina. . . balogun. . . ekong . . . echiejile
ndidi . . . mikel
v.moses. . . iwobi. . . Etebo
ighalo
if we need more legs in the mieldfield,etebo can move to CM with iwobi at LW. Forget kelechi for now,we want a proven and more experienced striker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:50pm On Aug 23, 2017
chrisooblog:
i trust ezenwa. he has kept in a couple of our last matches admittedly chan games but he has grown in confidence and has been playing regularly. akpeyi on the other hand hasn't played much for his club of recent plus saying that his last matches for the national team have been jittery is an understatement

Ezenwa has been receiving some love.
Just because of that Benin game.

This was a goalie that was totally washed here and some didn't give him a chance to even make the CHAN Team.

Interesting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:53pm On Aug 23, 2017
goldfish80:
Kayode not even on the standby list? That's quite chilling. A sucker punch to this list.
I have this feeling he will open his goal account this week in the La Liga, if and when this happens, Gernot Rohr and the Nff technical committee will look quite silly.

Why is nobody complaining about Victor Osimhen being excluded? I thought we wanted young light weight players to run the Camerounians to the ground.

It's high time people get to understand and live with the fact that Aluko is not on the radars of the national team handlers. Sad but true

Finally, I see we are one defender short. 7 defenders instead of 8 leaves the list one CB short. Since this game is a double header in quick succession, if we loose either of Ekong or Balogun in the first leg , we will be travelling to Yaounde with no extra CB on the bench.

That's Omeruo and Uche Agbo are on stand-by.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pyrex23(m): 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
poshemmanuel:
if ihenacho can be like Rashford(strong and speed)+ ihenacho good finishing,I bet he will be on the same level with mbappe
lmao....rashford.....strong? Probably u didnt watch the supercup to see how he was been bullied off d ball...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
chrisooblog:
alternatively i could go like this

ezenwa/alampasu

aina ekong balogun elderson

etebo ndidi

v.moses mikel s.moses

iheanacho

*whispers* Akpeyi is favorite.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

That's Omeruo and Uche Agbo are on stand-by.

We know who Victor Osimhen's attorney is here. grin

Players on the standby can only be called to fill in if someone gets injured before the first game.
It will be a rush job if we need to replace someone for the second leg 3days after the first one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2017
goldfish80:

Finally, I see we are one defender short. 7 defenders instead of 8 leaves the list one CB short. Since this game is a double header in quick succession, if we loose either of Ekong or Balogun in the first leg, we will be travelling to Yaounde with no extra CB on the bench.

I know who his attorney is but won't tell you

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2017
mostob:
my starting line-up
ezenwa
aina. . . balogun. . . ekong . . . echiejile
ndidi . . . mikel
v.moses. . . iwobi. . . Etebo
ighalo
if we need more legs in the mieldfield,etebo can move to CM with iwobi at LW. Forget kelechi for now,we want a proven and more experienced striker.
Are you saying Iheanacho(6goal in 10game) is not a proven striker but Ighalo(3goals in 12games) is one, How?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2017
ezenwa yes is not the best goalkeeper we have but i'm yet to see him commit the kind of gaffes akpeyi commits

Icon4s:

This was a goalie that was totally washed here and some didn't give him a chance to even make the CHAN Team.

Interesting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Interesting.

My brother,nothing wey man no go see. When things are going well for you many people will become your friend.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
I expect their first training to be something like this.Team A -Akpeyi,Ekoong,Balogun,Shehu,
Echiejile,Mikel,Onazi,Etebo,
V.moses,Iheanacho,
Simon Moses.

Team B-
Ezenwa,Agu,Awaziem,
Aina,Ebuehi,Ogu,Ndidi,
Iwobi,Musa,Nwakaeme,
Ighalo.

Modified
Performance in camp will only change two players in team A,if at all there will be such change.Team A is my possible line-up for the Uyo game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
goldfish80:

Players on the standby can only be called to fill in if someone gets injured before the first game.
It will be a rush job if we need to replace someone for the second leg 3days after the first one.

1st game on the 1st next on the 4th. If the decision to invite a stand-by player is taken on the 1st (shortly after the game), that is a good enough time for the stand-by player to blend especially if he is an old regular wink

How many days do you even think the team has to prepare for the game of the 1st September.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2017
OMANBALA1:

My brother,nothing wey man no go see. When things are going well for you many people will become your friend.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pyrex23(m): 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2017
AndreTAyodeji:
OMG! Just look at how Turkish players full the squad sef.Please what position does this Stephen Eze play? And why is Etebo being listed as a midfielder when the boy plays better as a forward?

me to just close eye on dat1
he better as a lwf nd i would pick him ahead of musa nd iwobi(sub)....
I still av d feeling rohr would start musa.......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
chrisooblog:
ezenwa yes is not the best goalkeeper we have but i'm yet to see him commit the kind of gaffes akpeyi commits

Bros where were you when Ezenwa was being laundered alongside Akpeyi on this thread?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2017
zicky:
Are you saying Iheanacho(6goal in 10game) is not a proven striker but Ighalo(3goals in 12games) is one, How?

everything is not about goals,apart from his goals,what else did kelechi offers?we want somebody who is powerful and strong to lead the line. Not kelechi pls,he may come on as substitute sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:11pm On Aug 23, 2017
pyrex23:

me to just close eye on dat1
he better as a lwf nd i would pick him ahead of musa nd iwobi (sub)....
I still av d feeling rohr would start musa.......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:11pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Did you not read where I said this is a preliminary list and the camping reports will affect my final view?

Since I dropped my Kung-fu shoes, a lot of people have been talking anyhow.
angry

Hehehe, it's time you go look for them, dust them up and you know....

(1) (2) (3) ... (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) ... (16168) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.