Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11671745 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 9:36am On Sep 23, 2017
PietroRico:
[s] Sigh
I won't stoop as low as trading infantile abuses back at you, at least not today.[/s]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:37am On Sep 23, 2017
That Malcolm is same one from the 2015 Brazil U-20 class with Gabby Jesus... I also like to think he was at the 2013 U-17 WC but will have to confirm... Nathan and Kennedy were the more prominent ones in 2013.

He is a bad-ass winger with great skillsets, Trickery and wonderful pace. A real gem on the rise. Plays for Bordeaux of France now and is already setting about stamping his authority. Malcolm is surely one of the best young players around today. wink

TheGoodJoe:

Very fine post. Stunned with Mbappe's rating. Means the young man is on his way to becoming a phenomenon. By the way, who is the Malcolm there. Big props to Ndidi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Has the Zambian senior national team ever played against any European opposition?

Yes sir.

International friendly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:39am On Sep 23, 2017
No you are twisting what I said.... smiley

I said he is among the top 3 deadliest/most prolific/most clinical Forwards in The EPL.... that is what I said and it is based on scoring ratio. So why not tackle that instead of making it legends of the game against Little Nacho? wink

komekn:

There is huge disparity from your proposition that KC is among the top 4 strikers in the EPL.

You are changing the goal posts.

Nobody is disputing his quality and potential. However you claimed he is one of the top four strikers in the EPL, that is totally misleading.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:42am On Sep 23, 2017
No qualms Great master.... grin

TheGoodJoe:

Sheath your sword young Ninja. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:44am On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
That Malcolm is same one from the 2015 Brazil U-20 class with Gabby Jesus... I also like to think he was at the 2013 U-17 WC but will have to confirm... Nathan and Kennedy were the more prominent ones in 2013.

He is a bad-ass winger with great skillsets, Trickery and wonderful pace. A real gem on the rise. Plays for Bordeaux of France now and is already setting about stamping his authority. Malcolm is surely one of the best young players around today. wink

I will check him out. Christian Pavon reminds me of a young Alexis Sanchez but a better version. Definitely one to watch out for.

You can see he went from U17, U20 and Olympics team of Argentina. Getting promoted through the ranks. Our league not doing well is a big hindrance to our progress.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:48am On Sep 23, 2017
Dont worry... I wont reply... saw his mentions but didnt bother to read the nonsense. Let's talk Pavon a little....

Strong right foot, beautiful eye for the killer pass for his mates (Vision is great), Very good shooting accuracy, Strong on the ball due to his positively low center of gravity... got tricks and moves... Pavon is exciting and yet he plays in South America. cheesy Watch some of the big clubs from Europe come for him soon. wink

TheGoodJoe:
What do you think of this dude? Christian Pavon. Too impressed with what I am seeing.
cc: TheSuperNerd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af32ULzyXIQ

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:52am On Sep 23, 2017
A young Alexis? hmmmm... I guess you are right on that... He is of similar build to Alexis if I go back to how Alexis was at the 2007 U-20s... Pavon looks good.. and I mean very very good. Little wonder he made the L'Equipe list of world class top 50 U-21 talents. wink

Our league sad Plsss can we talk the league some other time? sad We need real league restructuring back home to make our huge pool of local talents translate into something beautiful and concrete going forward. So sad.

TheGoodJoe:

I will check him out. Christian Pavon reminds me of a young Alexis Sanchez but a better version. Definitely one to watch out for.

You can see he went from U17, U20 and Olympics team of Argentina. Getting promoted through the ranks. Our league not doing well is a big hindrance to our progress.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 23, 2017
What i hate most is adding insults to argument.
Tackle the topic only, it shows maturity.

I must say, dats y i like Gudjoe,Jo£bie, tb@b@,Iconz and host of others who argues with calmness not throwing punches because Mr. A don't agree with.

We mustn't agree at same thing at same time.

Make una take am eazy. Nwayo nwayo!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:57am On Sep 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Squad, bench is not the criteria. The criteria is improving and he will. Stop the past glory talk. We are talking of a young player here. It is not past glory. The term is ability. Osimhen has shown his ability.

If you think ability, you will reason more in formative years and not bench or squad.

I have seen so many young players bought by the EPL clubs for stupid money and a lot of hype. Most did not reach the projected heights expected of them.

In football one year is past and two years is archived history it's that brutal. The pertinent question is what are you doing present continous.

In youth football someone else is always coming up or being discovered, you are in a competition. If you slop up someone else will take your position.

You probably will not know Adam Morgan Liverpool player now playing non league barely 3/4 years ago he was dubbed the new Fowler. Or I could mention Jerome Sinclair bought for £1 million at age 14/15 from West Bromwich. He is the youngest player to have played for Liverpool fc in the entire history if the club. Where is he now going nowhere fast he is wasting away at Birmingham on loan from Watford.

I could go on and on, what I am saying he doesn't have all the time in the world. He needs to be playing or he will be forgotten.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:59am On Sep 23, 2017
Wenger Tells Iwobi One Thing He Must Improve To Be A Top-Class Player

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has offered some words of advice to Alex Iwobi, stating that the Nigeria international can be a top-class player if he adds goals to his game.
Since making his debut for the Gunners first team, the Hale End Academy product has managed 6 goals from 64 appearances while providing 12 assists, and has scored once for the Super Eagles in the last two years.
''I like the fact that he can play in tight areas, that he turns the game forwards, that he’s very mobile,'' Wenger was quoted as saying by Evening Standard.
''We forget sometimes that Alex is still a very young player and that there’s a lot more to come from him.
''There must be a lot more to come from him because he has more personality in the game now.''
The Frenchman added : ''We expect him to be more efficient in the final third offensively, because you feel there are goals in there and assists too.
''They have to come out. Add that to the fact that he allows the team to play very well and he will be a top-class player.''
Iwobi is expected to be given more playing opportunities before he reports for international duty, with Arsenal set to play three matches in six days.

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24736

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:01am On Sep 23, 2017

Hahahahahahahahaha.... I was right all along.... cheesy Someone does need a lobotomy.... loooolllll
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:01am On Sep 23, 2017
PietroRico:
you are one very unintelligent motherfúcker. No let being book smart delude you anymore.
You lack basic skills necessary for intelligent social interaction.
You can brag about your John Hopkins achievements again but it means nada.

You are not just very unintelligent, you are also a very childish, self absorbed, myopic idiot who cannot see beyond his shapeless nose. And you exhibit all the characteristics of an inbred cretin was had an abusive childhood

What makes your deluded life think you like the Super Eagles any more than me or any other person here?

You really want to play in the mud, be my guest.. You dolt

Please don't get all heated even if provoked ot takes greater strength to remain civil in the face of abuse. You don't have to trade Insult for insult rise above it.

Remain civil please. I beg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:03am On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Hahahahahahahahaha.... I was right all along.... cheesy Someone does need a lobotomy.... loooolllll

Please be civil disagree but you being here longer should feel no need to be provoked into abusive tit for tat.

I expect more from you please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:07am On Sep 23, 2017
Okpotu seeks for space among stars
By Christian Okpara

Super Eagles ’ Striker , Anthony Okpotu ( left ) celebrates with coaches Salisu Yusuf and Imama Amakapabo after scoring Nigeria ’ s first goal in the< br / > 2 - 0 defeat of Ghana in a WAFU Cup group game … on Monday . PHOTO : GHANASOCCERNET . COM

Like a bolt from the blues, Anthony Okpotu dropped on Nigerian football last season literally out of nowhere .

The lad has been around for three , four years but the 2016 / 2017 season was the defining period in his fledgling career .
The Lobi Stars striker has always been a good footballer. His games masters in secondary school always knew that Okpotu , who can play either as a winger or an outright striker , has the quality only seen in naturally talented sportsmen . But what they didn ’ t know was that he would so soon be the name on the lips of every Nigerian Professional Football League ’ s ( NPFL ) pundit .

Even when Lobi Stars were not doing well in the just concluded season , the club ’ s supporters were persuaded to continue supporting the Makurdi side because they knew that whatever happened , Okpotu would score. And at the end of the term , he joined the biggest stars of the Nigerian game by becoming the highest goal scorer of the season with 19 goals .
To prove that his league goal - scoring feat was no fluke , he has taken his boots to Ghana , where he opened Nigeria ’ s account in the 2 - 0 defeat of the hosts , Black Stars in a very important encounter . Okpotu also made Rabiu Ali ’ s goal that gave Nigeria victory over Benin Republic in the semifinal of the competition .

His performance in the 16- nation WAFU Cup has brought so much attention to the 23 - year - old star , but he says he is not fazed by such accolades . Rather, he is determined to work harder to achieve his dream of being among the biggest stars ever to come out of Nigeria .

Okpotu knows the road would be rough, but his motivation comes from the achievements of some of his retired compatriots , who overcame daunting obstacles to rise to the summit of the game. He is determined to find space among the stars .

Speaking from the Super Eagles’ camp in Cape Coast , Ghana , the former Al - Ittihad of Libya star describes his participation in the WAFU Cup as part of the learning process in his battle for success in his career .

He says , “ This is the beginning of my goal scoring in the competition… I will work hard to ensure I score more goals any time I am giving the opportunity to make Nigeria excel in the competition . My prayer also is that Nigeria returns home with the trophy . ”

Okpotu is expected to be in the starting line up when Nigeria meets Ghana in the final of the competition tomorrow , but things would have been different if not for fate.

When Okpotu left his first love, Lobi Stars for a stint in the Libyan league with Al - Ittihad , he thought it was the first step towards a professional career in any of the big leagues in Europe . But the lad, who started playing football at the Lower Benue Staff Nursery and Primary School Makurdi , had to retrace his steps to Lobi Stars when Libya became unsafe for him.

“ I had a brief stint at Al Ittihad of Libya , but within that short period , I learnt a lot that comes with football , not necessarily on the pitch but mainly outside the pitch.

“ I am sure the life experience there prepared me for whatever football was going to throw at me .”

Still savouring his highest goal scorers award, Okpotu says “ my greatest achievement lies on how much I have developed myself over the years. Coming to terms with trophies or awards , the main feat for me is the golden boot award.

“ This is an individual award, which I still want to reiterate is an award for my team mates and I . The other feats are finishing third on the league table and twice as FA Cup runner up. ”

He believes that he can break the jinx by retaining the award next season if he remained in the Nigerian league . This is what no other striker has been able to achieve since Ahmed Musa won the diadem while playing for Kano Pillars .

“ It is possible . I am convinced I can do it . I will now reinforce the idea of winning it anytime I am on the pitch . I have scored a lot of goals and helped my team wherever we have played football .

“ This time, I know that expectations are higher and I am challenging myself to do better than I have done now. I will want to work so hard to help my team to win and where possible showcase myself as a talent . All of these take a lot of hard work , discipline and commitment , which I am willing to put in , ” he enthused.

Okpotu describes playing for the national team as every footballer’ s dream , adding , “ It becomes a time of pride and responsibility to be called upon by your country to represent them.
At that point , you want to contribute to the success of the national team. Truth is you cannot give what you do not have . Today , I am very sure I have the quality to wear the national team jersey and represent the nation , part of which I am doing at the WAFU Cup . ”

“ I am not nervous about this , especially as I know that a lot of things in a football career comes with hard work , quality , belief and time . What I need now is time and I am sure in no distant time I will utilise every opportunity given to me to continue flying the country ’ s flag higher .”

Okpotu has followed the careers of many sportsmen , but he picks Samuel Eto ’ o as his role model. “ Someone who I can easily identify as a role model is Samuel Eto ’ o . He is someone I watched play football . I still watch his past games and I learn a lot from him .

“ When Eto ’ o was playing , I did not have the guts to stress how much I want to be a footballer at home , especially as my dad wanted me to be an engineer . But now, I dream of being like him . I hope things will work as planned so I will be able to play in a bigger league . That has been every players dream to excel in bigger stages . Right now, I am really focused and determined to take my career to an extraordinary level where I could be able to break into the world of football , creating so many impact . ”

Okpotu attributes the little success he has achieved so far to the support he gets from his family, especially his mother, who he describes as his prayer warrior . “ My mother has been supporting me right from when I started playing grassroots football and the only way I can pay her back is to be successful in the game. I have always prayed to God to keep her alive and strong to see me attaining the highest level in my career , ” he said.

Okpotu wants to play at the World Cup , but he knows it would be a daunting task being in the squad to next year ’ s edition of the competition in Russia. However , he believes with hard work and a little bit of luck he will make it to Russia. But first , Nigeria has to beat Zambia to the ticket .

“ Nigeria will definitely beat Zambia . We have all the resources on ground to qualify right now, including the advantage of playing in front of our home fans. I am sure whoever that will be called up will certainly know what is at stake and put in his best qualities to make Nigerians proud . I am not underrating the qualities in the Zambian team.”

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/sport/okpotu-seeks-for-space-among-stars/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 10:09am On Sep 23, 2017
komekn:

Please don't get all heated even if provoked ot takes greater strength to remain civil in the face of abuse. You don't have to trade Insult for insult rise above it.

Remain civil please. I beg
just advise that simpleton to avoid me at all cost and never mention or make reference to me for whatever reason, and hopefully he listens.
Then we can all be civil
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:10am On Sep 23, 2017
If everyone plays cool around here... lobotomized Neanderthals like him will walk in and feel like they own the place... cheesy So I put the rag in his place. Besides he started it. But right now... I am just enjoying posting news and ignoring his Baby cries... lol

So Sir Komekn... don't worry about me. I am just fine. smiley

komekn:

Please be civil disagree but you being here longer should feel no need to be provoked into abusive tit for tat.

I expect more from you please

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:12am On Sep 23, 2017
Chrismario:

Yes sir.

International friendly

Who were the opponent?

The only friendly I recall Zambia played in Europe was against Ghana in London where they only had 9 players in camp and had to scout for Zambians any where in London to come and play only for 3 Zambian students to show up and made the team.

Ghana beat them either 3 or 4 nil can't remember the exact score line.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 23, 2017
PietroRico:
your mother needed a hysterectomy more, many years before you were born, to save the world from your miserable existence.

E don do sir.
Calm down

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:14am On Sep 23, 2017
Buhari waiting for WAFU Cup trophy, NFF tells Eagles
By Gowon Akpodonor

Home - based Eagles . PHOTO : Football Naija

CAF Executive Committee Members To Watch Final

The Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF ) has urged the home -based Super Eagles to do everything possible to beat their perennial rivals, Black Stars of Ghana in tomorrow ’ s final of the WAFU Cup of Nations because President Mohammadu Buhari is eagerly waiting to celebrate with the trophy .

The Super Eagles, who are yet to concede a goal in the maiden sub - regional football tournament , had defeated the Black Stars 2- 0 in their last group match to qualify for the semifinal.

Secretary General of the NFF , Dr . Mohammed Sanusi told The Guardian yesterday before departing for Accra , Ghana that the nation ’ s number one citizen was expecting the trophy , just as he disclosed that the NFF has given the players and their coaching crew the support they need to ‘ finish ’ the job against the Black Stars .

“ I am on my way to Accra with a message from President Mohammadu Buhari to the players and their officials that Nigerians back home are very happy with them . In fact , Mr . President is waiting to celebrate with the trophy and the Eagles have to double their effort in making sure they beat Ghana in the final on Sunday, ” Sanusi stated .

The NFF scribe hinted that a huge financial reward awaits the players and their handlers if they win the trophy , although he did not give details .

The coach Salisu Yusuf - led home - based Eagles made it to the final by beating the Squirrels of Benin Republic by a lone goal in the semifinal, while the Ghana Black Stars handed a 2- 0 defeat to Niger Republic .

All eyes will be on Eagles ’ duo of Anthony Okpotu and Rabiu Ali in tomorrow ’ s final against the Black Stars . A beautiful counter- attacking football between the two gave Nigeria the lone goal in Thursday ’ s semifinal against the Squirrels .

Meanwhile , CAF President Ahmad Ahmad, as well as NFF President and CAF Executive member , Amaju Pinnick are already in Accra for a meeting of the CAF Executive Committee holding today .

The agenda of the meeting includes appointment of members of the CAF Standing Committees , transition of Interclub competitions from February – November to August – May , Total African Nations Championship ( CHAN ) Kenya 2018, Total Women’ s Africa Cup of Nations Ghana 2018 , Total Africa Cup of Nations Cameroon 2019 and setting up of an organizing committee for the Women’ s Football Symposium scheduled for Morocco in the first quarter of 2018.

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/sport/buhari-waiting-for-wafu-cup-trophy-nff-tells-eagles/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 10:14am On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
If everyone plays cool around here... lobotomized Neanderthals like him will walk in and feel like they own the place... cheesy So I put the rag in his place. Besides he started it. But right now... I am just enjoying posting news and ignoring his Baby cries... lol

So Sir Komekn... don't worry about me. I am just fine. smiley

` You started the ruckus and insults now you chickening out... cheesy Coward! '

Of course you would cop out now. grin
Your fingers no longer itchy anymore?
Deluded scumbag

Some jokes really do write themselves

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Who were the opponent?

The only friendly I recall Zambia played in Europe was against Ghana in London where they only had 9 players in camp and had to scout for Zambians any where in London to come and play only for 3 Zambian students to show up and made the team.

Ghana beat them either 3 or 4 nil can't remember the exact score line.

I don't know much sir. I was not then also but google always help *indomie generation kids* grin

I found out that Belgium handed them one of their highest defeat, 9-0 in 1994 or thereabout
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:20am On Sep 23, 2017
Awwwwwwwwwwwn.... beloved Rashford didn't make this list despite having more than 10 starts this 2017... compared to other youngsters his age range, he fell waaayyyyy short... and The Man Utd fanboys cannot face that but resort to the only tool they know how to wield to blindly defend their own... cheesy

"Shameful Childishness" sad Smh... such a pity...

Nacho didn't even make more than five starts thruout last season under Pep but had four goals (or is it 7 goals sef in all comps) and three assists to show for it.

But Ndidi who made more than 10 starts like Rashford did made the top ratings list... smiley Sentiments should just die abeg...

I love this list... agrees with my repeated prediction that Ndidi will become a certified world class player in his role within the next few years (two years or three). It is just a matter of time.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:21am On Sep 23, 2017
komekn:

I have seen so many young players bought by the EPL clubs for stupid money and a lot of hype. Most did not reach the projected heights expected of them.

In football one year is past and two years is archived history it's that brutal. The pertinent question is what are you doing present continous.

In youth football someone else is always coming up or being discovered, you are in a competition. If you slop up someone else will take your position.

You probably will not know Adam Morgan Liverpool player now playing non league barely 3/4 years ago he was dubbed the new Fowler. Or I could mention Jerome Sinclair bought for £1 million at age 14/15 from West Bromwich. He is the youngest player to have played for Liverpool fc in the entire history if the club. Where is he now going nowhere fast he is wasting away at Birmingham on loan from Watford.

I could go on and on, what I am saying he doesn't have all the time in the world. He needs to be playing or he will be forgotten.

I know of young prolific talents flopping. I know of others who flopped and made the right decisions to bounce back. Flopping is not the problem or facing challenges but bouncing back. From my study, one of the main determinants of players Flopping is losing the drive to work hard and not making the right decisions.

So as long as the player is working hard, improving, adapting and ready to start making the right decisions, he will excel. So being on the bench is not the determinant but the players decisions and attitude. That is why I say patience. Also, competition is a blessing. It also keeps the player on his toes.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 10:22am On Sep 23, 2017
You no longer love the list by l'equipe anymore?? grin grin

Thought they were 'very recent' and also 'very reliable'

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:23am On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Awwwwwwwwwwwn.... beloved Rashford didn't make this list despite having more than 10 starts this 2017... compared to other youngsters his age range, he fell waaayyyyy short... and The Man Utd fanboys cannot face that but resort to the only tool they know how to wield to blindly defend their own... cheesy

Nacho didn't even make more than five starts thruout last season under Pep but had four goals (or is it 7 goals sef in all comps) and three assists to show for it.

But Ndidi who made more than 10 starts like Rashford did made the top ratings list... smiley Sentiments should just die abeg...

I love this list... agrees with my repeated prediction that Ndidi will become a certified world class player in his role within the next few years (two years or three). It is just a matter of time.

Just checked Malcom. He is brilliant. He has the skills and he has a blistering pace. I hope he maintains his drive. Sad Onyekuru did not make the list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:25am On Sep 23, 2017
If you want the highest level of objectivity -- whoscored
TheSuperNerd:
Ohhhhh.... I see Ndidi is rated as no.9 but hey... no single mention of Rashford.... ouuuucchhhh.... shocked Take that you EPL dollopheads... cheesy

Note: For players with 10 starts or more in 2017 or rather last season.... Nacho only made 5 Starts or so... lol but Rashford made way more than 10 starts and I don't see his name down here... but I see Ndidi.... grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 10:26am On Sep 23, 2017
Chrismario:

E don do sir.
Calm down
it's a simple thing. You are civil with me and I'm civil with you.
You don't go ahead to brand any difference in opinion trash and then go on abusive tirades and expect me to watch you forever.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

I tot u av said it before grin
The argument here is Rashford and Nacho's current standing.

Not ndidi vs nacho. Don't compare ndidi and Rash, dem no be mate. Dem no dae play same wing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zuchyblink(m), Christology(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.