Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,538 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1838) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11683763 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1835) (1836) (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) ... (16154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2017
Icon4s:

Yes Klose did. And I was even expecting you to mention Rodger Miller.

But mention one of such players that performed at ages close to or above 40 and I will mention 100 players that could no longer perform as from age 30.

maybe you are getting my entire point wrong.

Now let me ask you some questions- how many strikers should a team normally take to the world cup? To answer this question you will need to specify Iheanacho's position, if you believe he should be played as the SS/AMF(which he is currently playing for his club and most likely will be playing for us soon) then that means you will have to remove him from the 'strikers' position.

Then next question, how many good strikers do we have on ground right now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:53pm On Oct 18, 2017
Kog45:
Pls icon4s let us be realistic and be honest.am always follow your statement that says'only a player better than d one we have should be given opportunity'

Now my question do we have any striker better than Ighalo and Iheanacho presently,if we have no issue but i don't see any better than what we have presently.

How many goals are we expecting from our striker in d WC coz in any WC good and solid strikers always have 3,4,5,6,7 goals and sometimes highest goal scorer 5, 6 or 7 goals,so why unnecessary pressure even Yekini had one WC goal despite having two WC appearance.

Pls these so call strikers we keep on hamnering on are they topping d goal chart in their various club or league coz am even fed up with the way we are clamouring for these untested players at d expense of players like Ighalo and Iheanacho.

Boss pls do not forget Ogbeche,Uchebo,Ameobi,2014 not too far and still fresh how some players find themselves in d team and couldn't do anything extra ordinary,funny enough good ones were even dropped for them.

What we need now is a balance team where any of our forward can score and thank God our WC qualifying matches can attest to it.I don't think we can pinpoint to any player as responsible for our qualifications.We have 11 goals shared by six players meaning our formation don't rely much on our top 9.

Remember our qualification to US 94,it was Yekini,2002 WC qualification it was Victor Agali and Kanu Nwankwo d two scored four goals apiece.

We need to stop all these noise on striker coz i don't see any one of them giving us 3 to 4 goals in WC,so let us plan with what we have but if we see any special one fine but from d names being peddling here we should forget it.

I guess the comment was supposed to be addressed to Michael2 and not me. Cos he was the one calling for those pensioners to come back and play for us.

The only striker I have clamored for here is Tammy Abraham and of course we are getting more convinced by the weeks of his exceptional abilities.

And Please don't use Yekini's achievement at the World Cup as a yardstick for current strikers because we know Yekini had 2 bad World Cup outings: both the 1994 & 1998.

Your points are noted though.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2017
elyte89:

Nobody can debunk dt,I knw dt u-17 set he graduated frm was one of d youngest d country ever paraded but

We knw a 21year old boy when we c 1,baba forget kelechi no b 21 he's claiming,

Say we no add at all,d guy na 27-29years of age

grin grin grin that means he may even be theGoodJoe's classmate back then grin no wonder he is always defending him

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:55pm On Oct 18, 2017
elyte89:

Mikel and ighalo has been cleared for d game, cos d Chinese league would end by NOV 4TH and I heard d match is Nov 10th,so av enuf time to come down

Okay, they're good to go then.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:57pm On Oct 18, 2017
i appreciate your points raised but i have doubts if the 3 gentlemen you mentioned are the solution. first of osaze is no no. not because of his age but his cruciate ligament injury. this has effectively done him. before that injury he hadn't lost much pace but afterwards he really declined badly to the extent he couldn't even cope in the championship now he's in indonesia. let's leave him to wind down his career in peace.
the issues i have with ike uche are more of a tactical nature. to put it bluntly ike is a selfish striker who thrives on service but the way rohr's team sets up i'm not too sure he will be a perfect fit. plus in all the years i've been watching uche i wouldn't describe him as a selfless runner who will exploit the channels to free up his team mates. with martins if it's the same guy i saw under keshi and oliseh then honestly we don't need him but if his game has picked up out of the three he's the one i would still give a chance

Mickael2:

No No No, Ighalo cannot do what Emenike was doing then. Do you think Ighalo could have created that Bosnia goal? For one he doesn't have the pace to even do something like that, he is not the type of striker that can go out in the wing thus allowing another unsighted player free reign in the 18yard box which was what Emenike brought to the party then.

Then let's take a cursory look at all the to strikers in the world right now-Suarez, Benzema, Lewandowski, Kane etc etc. All these guys have one thing in common, their ability to also drift away from the box and giving the two CBs a false sense of security allowing their other attacking teammates to score. If Kane does not drift from the middle Alli won't score two goals in a season, same for Suarez and Messi, Benzema/Ronaldo, Lewandowski/Muller(you can see here that Ancellotti disrupted that Lewandowski/Muller, sack letter). This is what worked for us at the last world cup, Emenike drifted away from the box and created a goal for Osaze, he drifted into the middle and created a goal for Musa, this is the type of striker we need as out starter not some kwatankwa striker like Ighalo, which is why I really hope and pray and wish that Iheanacho will check his development because in the present crop of guys he is the only one that can remotely do that. Tammy Abraham cannot do it and so I do not expect him to be a hit for any National Team he plays for.

Now that brings me to the two/three guys I have always been clamouring for. Martins, Ike Uche and Osaze. Now Martins and Uche are two strikers who can drift well, infact sometimes you would be left wondering if they are playing as the winger just like what David Villa used to do, no need telling you his achievements from such play and/or Suarez's achievements too. So me clamouring for Ike Uche or Martins isn't because they bagged some goals recently, I am looking at their style of play, Ighalo is the type of forward we should look for when we are chasing a game, never a starter. There is a reason why the Three Lions will still invite Defoe ahead of Tammy despite our show of interest, they are not stupid, they know Defoe drifts more than Tammy thus providing a whole lot more attacking dimension.

So please, next time I mention Uche or Martins, it is not because they bagged a couple of goals, it is because their style of play will provide a lot more than what we have now.

Cc Joebie, Humility, Icon4s, Kog45 these guys that always attack when they see these names take note

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
elyte89:

Nobody can debunk dt,I knw dt u-17 set he graduated frm was one of d youngest d country ever paraded but

Oh really! shocked

27 years?? haba, de fear God o.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2017
junnyjake:

I know this might sound really harsh, but it's close to the reality.

Ikeme might never play football again.
I understand your view but we just need to give Ikeme little respect.Kanu came out solid from heart surgery, Abidal d same thing, so u cannot say,if he make it and if he doesn't make WC fine but his name w never be forgotten for putting Nigeria on a good mark for our WC qualification.

Good for people to keep on mentioning his name,meaning they are with him in spirit and is good for his health, picking his mobile gadget and see great comments from fans still considering him for WC selection we have a great impact on his health.

Wolves still see him as number 1 despite d challenges, so is a plus for him if Nigerian fans are still see him as part of d team.

Rohr still see him as part of d team and still believe that Ikeme w make it,mind u this is how Rohr rate his keepers 1.Ikeme,2.Enyeama, 3.Akpeyi, 4.Ezenwa, 5.Alampasu, recent Ajiboye and now Uzoho.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
I hate when someone brings up an exaggerated issue with comfort. Nacho btw 27-29 again? omg. crap idea, nonsense talk!!

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
Joebie:
Oya name the players in both categories.

Association of Academy Plc. grin

No 4. Alex Iwobi

*whistling* cheesy

I no talk oooo. grin

I know why I no go talk. grin

Nevertheless, I noticed that after Alex made his debut for the Super Eagles on October 2015, he was rewarded with a new contract. Peradventure, he was not invited to the National team, what would have happened? grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:08pm On Oct 18, 2017
elyte89:

Rubbish.

Ola Aina is 21 but he looks older than Kelechi.

I can guarantee that if he was born in Nigeria, people will say, he is 30. Thank God, his age is verifiable.

This is how Nigerians go on foreign websites to cast doubts on the ages of their players.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:09pm On Oct 18, 2017
Just because we are know for that doesnt give the comfort of such babylonian lie. if i start to talk.. ghana dey o

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
Kog45:
I understand your view but we just need to give Ikeme little respect.Kanu came out solid from heart surgery, Abidal d same thing, so u cannot say,if he make it and if he doesn't make WC fine but his name w never be forgotten for putting Nigeria on a good mark for our WC qualification.

Good for people to keep on mentioning his name,meaning they are with him in spirit and is good for his health, picking his mobile gadget and see great comments from fans still considering him for WC selection we have a great impact on his health.

Wolves still see him as number 1 despite d challenges, so is a plus for him if Nigerian fans are still see him as part of d team.

Rohr still see him as part of d team and still believe that Ikeme w make it,mind u this is how Rohr rate his keepers 1.Ikeme,2.Enyeama, 3.Akpeyi, 4.Ezenwa, 5.Alampasu, recent Ajiboye and now Uzoho.

Absolutely, what he's done is worthy of being tagged a legend. It pains me, he won't have any action in the world cup next year even if he heals today.

How I wish he was younger, say 20 - 23, then he'd have a chance. But he's in his 30s already.

I know of a Portsmouth player who survived cancer twice and he's still playing. He's still in his twenties.

I'm being realistic here, it's not an issue of being sentimental, I know what cancer does to people. Believe me when I say this, if ikeme gets healed today, his major concern would be to recover his health 100% not running back to the field. In fact, I see him retiring.

I hope he makes it out, so he can be there for his family.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
Icon4s:

I guess the comment was supposed to be addressed to Michael2 and not me. Cos he was the one calling for those pensioners to come back and play for us.

The only striker I have clamored for here is Tammy Abraham and of course we are getting more convinced by the weeks of his exceptional abilities.

And Please don't use Yekini's achievement at the World Cup as a yardstick for current strikers because we know Yekini had 2 bad World Cup outings: both the 1994 & 1998.

Your points are noted though.
Honestly i don't want to have any discussion on Martins,Osaze,Ik Uche with Michael2 coz ve already told him point blank that i no dey just like your speechless comment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
tbaba1234:

Rubbish.

I can guarantee that if he was born in Nigeria, people will say, he is 30. Thank God, his age is verifiable.

This is how Nigerians go on foreign websites to cast doubts on the ages of their players.
Even Ndidi looks older that them both.
Perhaps "fallacio misericodium"

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
elyte89:

and how do you know a 21-year old when you see one?

We have dealt with these ridiculous claims by your ilk numerous times that is why most people chose to ignore, but it's about time your nonsense claims got shot down.

If Kelechi is 27, that would be really sad because I have never seen a 27-year old man who acts so much like a kid as he does. This is someone that can comfortably play around with the likes of Iwobi and Awaziem, a truly 27-year old guy would not be so playful.

Kelechi was 5ft.11' as at 2013, but is currently 6ft.2", now if we are to believe this idiocy that he was 23 as at 2013, then explain the increase in height.

Even if Kelechi is not 21, I still maintain that he is no older than 23.

That is how people told us Mikel was 30 in 2005, somehow, he is still playing football 12 years later at the grand old age of 42.

Some weeks ago, someone said Ajiboye was married with kids as at 2007, thankfully, I have a roommate who knows his wife and they got married two years ago and have just one baby.

I have said times without number that you people who come online to defame these famous people deserve jail time if you cannot prove your claims

Kindly keep shut if you are just blabbing because you think you know what you obviously don't

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kakamorufu(m): 4:16pm On Oct 18, 2017
junnyjake:
List of players/replacements for the Algeria game.

Elderson - Aina

Onazi - Esiti

Moses - Onyekuru

Ighalo - Dessers

Mikel - Aluko.

N/B: Rorh is unsure whether to involve Mikel and Ighalo due to club engagements.
am not sure Rohr will call up dessers yet. I'll be happy if he does
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
daveP:
I hate when someone brings up an exaggerated issue with comfort. Nacho btw 27-29 again? omg. crap idea, nonsense talk!!

No mind am.

If they truly watched him at the U-17 WC, they won't come up with such ridiculous claims.

They talk as if they grew up together.

Nacho is one of the boys I believe his age.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
tbaba1234:

Rubbish.

thank you for this. I just kept off Ola Aina's case because if we dey look face, Ola looks older than Kelechi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
Kog45:
Honestly i don't want to have any discussion on Martins,Osaze,Ik Uche with Michael2 coz ve already told him point blank that i no dey just like your speechless comment.

My "speechless" comment means I am shocked that someone could suggest such names at this time. No vex.

His comment there left me speechless

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 18, 2017
Kelechi 27

Oga elyte89, e be like say you inhaled gum.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
junnyjake:

No mind am.

If they truly watched him at the U-17 WC, they won't come up with such ridiculous claims.

They talk as if they grew up together.

Nacho is one of the boys I believe his age.

whether to go all brock lesnar or just joker, dey hard me. chai. he needs to watch the bus clips after the cameroun match.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
junnyjake:
List of players/replacements for the Algeria game.

Elderson - Aina

Onazi - Esiti

Moses - Onyekuru

Ighalo - Dessers

Mikel - Aluko.

N/B: Rorh is unsure whether to involve Mikel and Ighalo due to club engagements.

Very good but why is Kayode Olanrewaju excluded? I hope there is no bad belle?

Well, wetin concern me, let him start doing the talking with his goals but why Rohr no wan give am chance?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
safarigirl:
and how do you know a 21-year old when you see one?

We have dealt with these ridiculous claims by your ilk numerous times that is why most people chose to ignore, but it's about time your nonsense claims got shot down.

If Kelechi is 27, that would be really sad because I have never seen a 27-year old man who acts so much like a kid as he does. This is someone that can comfortably play around with the likes of Iwobi and Awaziem, a truly 27-year old guy would not be so playful.

Kelechi was 5ft.11' as at 2013, but is currently 6ft.2", now if we are to believe this idiocy that he was 23 as at 2013, then explain the increase in height.

Even if Kelechi is not 21, I still maintain that he is no older than 23.

That is how people told us Mikel was 30 in 2005, somehow, he is still playing football 12 years later at the grand old age of 42.

Some weeks ago, someone said Ajiboye was married with kids as at 2007, thankfully, I have a roommate who knows his wife and they got married two years ago and have just one baby.

I have said times without number that you people who come online to defame these famous people deserve jail time if you cannot prove your claims

Kindly keep shut if you are just blabbing because you think you know what you obviously don't

Safari girl,don't b deceive by all that,kelechi will never b less dan 27years, I knw u re going to defend him based on d fact dt u re a die super eagle fan

Kelechi head alone is 14years,we Neva add him stomach,thighs age o grin grin,JOKES apart,d guy is not a kid,infact for him to play at dt level with his real age(27),I give him thumbs up

Unlike Tate taiwo wey dey celebrate 23 for France,wyle his twin brother was celebrating 33years old grin grin,here in Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2017
forgiveness:

Very good but why is Kayode Olanrewaju excluded? I hope there is no bad belle?

Well, wetin concern me, let him start doing the talking with his goals but why Rohr no wan give am chance?
Onyekuru is currently better than Kayode based on club performance, so he should get the nod ahead of him.

However, I feel Rohr prefers Kayode, so I expect Kayode to be on that field against Algeria. On the flip side, Aluko will not be replacing Mikel in the MF, Iwobi should do that just fine- this is if Mikel is unavailable.

If we have Mikel, Esiti will have to chill fir Iwobi to occupy the AM position while Mikel takes the CM (that game will be as good a time as any to try such a formation)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2017
Lucque:

Bros he broke into d first team dat season, how many 18-19yr olds de do dat one, he also scored d goal of d season. ..bros ndidi invitation was well well well well well deserved

Ndidi failed MRI. He was an old man playing among kids. In the voice of chrisoblog. grin

Ndidi made his debut for the Super Eagles on October 8th 2015 prior to that he was a fringe player and bench warmer. grin

It was after he was invited to the National team that he scored that goal.

The goal he scored against Club Brugge was on the 20th of April 2016. grin

Sorry, Ndidi invitation was not well well well well well deserved. grin

You can thank me later. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:51pm On Oct 18, 2017
elyte89:

Safari girl,don't b deceive by all that,kelechi will never b less dan 27years, I knw u re going to defend him based on d fact dt u re a die super eagle fan

Kelechi head alone is 14years,we Neva add him stomach,thighs age o grin grin,JOKES apart,d guy is not a kid,infact for him to play at dt level with his real age(27),I give him thumbs up

Unlike Tate taiwo wey dey celebrate 23 for France,wyle his twin brother was celebrating 33years old grin grin,here in Nigeria

Abeg, go and sleep. Sorry. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:52pm On Oct 18, 2017
safarigirl:
Onyekuru is currently better than Kayode based on club performance, so he should get the nod ahead of him.

However, I feel Rohr prefers Kayode, so I expect Kayode to be on that field against Algeria. On the flip side, Aluko will not be replacing Mikel in the MF, Iwobi should do that just fine- this is if Mikel is unavailable.

If we have Mikel, Esiti will have to chill fir Iwobi to occupy the AM position while Mikel takes the CM (that game will be as good a time as any to try such a formation)

Kayode and Onyekuru are not fighting for the same position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 4:52pm On Oct 18, 2017
daveP:
don't mind them..,and when you start calling them hater, they will say somebody is naturally uncultured. Meanwhile that dude is all out against nacho. He derives orgasmic feeling from negativity around nacho. Can't wait for him to start tearing net so that I can rub it on his face. By then he go shout naturally uncultured.gutted with his attitude.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 5:00pm On Oct 18, 2017
elyte89:

I Admire your sacarsm. very unique i must say.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:09pm On Oct 18, 2017
kellycute:
don't mind them..,and when you start calling them hater, they will say somebody is naturally uncultured. Meanwhile that dude is all out against nacho. He derives orgasmic feeling from negativity around nacho. Can't wait for him to start tearing net so that I can rub it on his face. By then he go shout naturally uncultured.gutted with his attitude.

Untop say nacho dey give u out of him salary, na y u wan kill ursef

grin,para e,me don yan my
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
Kakamorufu:
am not sure Rohr will call up dessers yet. I'll be happy if he does

I can't seem to understand the delay. If Tammy had switched, I'm sure rorh would call him up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
Mickael2:

thank God you said you believe, since we do not have a parameter now let me not argue it. But here you are, running down Keshi's achievements with that team just because of some tacticaly-average foreigner, I mean this is the problem with our country as a whole. You think that Bosnian team came there to joke? Argentina(the eventual finalists) only beat them by a single goal margin, an own goal too, they scored a perfectly legal goal against us which was disallowed and if not for some insane goalkeeping for Enyeama would have still equalised, they white-washed Iran..... I mean do you even think before you make these insane assumptions?!

I do not know if I have to say it 20times over. It is not about their goals but what they offer, to be honest with you till this very day I will take Osaze ahead of Moses Simon and even Iwobi in that RWF position, atleast we cannot dispute Osaze's age he wasn't born in Nigeria
do you know that keshi played 3 DM against Iran....
prior the introduction of osaze in that match...the SE lack creativeness and mikel was a shadow of his former self...
you're lamenting we're hyping foreigners...
tell me which foreign coach will take the likes of Gabriel Reuben who could only manage 270 minutes for his club in full season to the world cup....likewise ameobi, uchebo etc....

keshi gulfed big time.... Bosnia team were not exceptional I understand they were the first European team to qualify that year..

thank God you said...you will take osaze ahead of Alex and Moses Simon....I doubt if anyone that have been watching football....will do that...

even in england osaze prior his departure to far away south Asia could not secure a move in lower division and here you downplaying a lad who could break into arsenal first team easily....

I cherish osaze when he was still playing for now...I agree his time is over...
likewise Martins and co....

young players deserve to be given a chance...
I remember last world cup...England benched the likes of lampard for sterling....
I remember...one of their legends...saying the goal should just be to develop and build themselves up for the next world cup and European nations cup...though necessarily they not gonna qualify out of the group stage...

that's partly the reason why their manager who was Liverpool manager was not sacked after their failure in last world cup...

and back to osaze and co issue...so you think could have been able to play the iwobi play presently when he was 20 years old

(1) (2) (3) ... (1835) (1836) (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) ... (16154) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BascoVanVeli(m), Sputnik12345(m), opes, TheSuperNerd(m), Philosopher1979, Softbreastt, elyte89, immobilare(m), Kog45(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.