Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11688663 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:26pm On Dec 01, 2016
komekn:

One of the things we shouldn't do is to believe everything that is written in the press.

First of all Eto is not rude I can personally assure you. Players having a disagreement or expressing an opinion does not necessarily mean insurbordination to the a Manager.

There are managers that simply lack the human management skills and approach to meet each player at his point of need.

There are more arrogant, insensitive and biased managers than there are rude players. In the English game the larger majority of managers are far from educated, and are very parochial in thier thinking.

Bia, komekn, you're gradually becoming my favorite forumer here. You definitely have an insight that a vast majority of the members here lack.
You've said it all, my brother! To add anything else would be uncivilized.

Bravo!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2016
Please guys, let's all come down to earth.

TheSuperNerd and bigblangston, please let's end this. I understand what caused the little discord but as humans, we can resolve this and move on.

All of us love the Super Eagles, and like I always say, let's know that we will not always agree. It's important to consider that in all our discussions.

Let's bring the love back. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
bigblangston:
Hello TheSuperCOWARD! I know you wouldn't dare quote me but I can. Not all of us can come online and start bragging on what we are up to in reality unlike you that's fond of describing what you are in which I can bet my 2cents that you are not. Don't let me start with your medical whatever you claimed to be in which I'm very sure you are not. I know your type out there only to be forming what you are not in reality but LOOTING google to see some medical words to sustain your online ego. I remembered when a certain moniker bursted your lying _ass about you creating a Maastricht or whatever moniker just to feel important. You wanna know what I do in the real world? I will leave that to you so that your numbskull Yara Yara (very stale method to be relevant in the scheme of things) can find something doing. Part time medical student (Lol). This is me trying to be nice, just quote me and see what I have waiting for you... Ninnyhammer!!!

I know Joseph has ended this little friction but in the spirit of fairness I believe I have to condemn this just like I have been condemning TheSuperNerd at times.

Now what he said there doesn't seem bad to me, he didn't call anybody's name, it's called a subtle dig, he didn't call your name so you can't call him back although you know it was directed towards you, all you can do is to look for an oppurtunity to hit back in the same manner. There was when I was saying somebody and I added 'Onazi fanboys', I didn't call anybody's name but they got my message perfectly. Honestly you shouldn't have quoted him, this one isn't an insult at all. I would tell you to apologise so that TheSuperNerd can learn that from you, besides, Seniors suppose act like seniors towards their juniors no be so?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tomtoxic: 8:24pm On Dec 01, 2016
matured men will just be throwing insults up and down on issues that can be settled without making the thread erupt.
if only people could be given yellow cards on this thread...................

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 8:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
Tomtoxic:
matured men will just be throwing insults up and down on issues that can be settled without making the thread erupt.
You make sense oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
So called men, bitching like women upandan on top their age mates because of common football

I wonder how much you guys make from such show of stewpidity and blind pride.

Some of you will condemn someone on one hand and then mirror the same action you condemned thinking you're in the right.Having been a recipient of such stinking hypocrisy, I know well and good what that is like.

Lemme say once and for all that Lukaku is no more than a LOCAL CHAMPION, there is no stat that can make him world class, playing in the EPL has NEVER and will NEVER make anyone world class. You need to post numbers on the continental stage, not just bossing in your backyard before you can be world class. Even Ndidi sef is more world class than Lukaku, at least his Europa stats are pumping his CV, Lukaku sabi road road to Europa?

Now that we've established that, can we all just pretend we have some semblance of home training for the duration we are on this thread opened for the sole purpose of UNIFYING fans of the Super Eagles?

This is not an EPL thread, so shove any talks of non-SE players in a box, we need not linger on anyone that will never don the green-white-green jersey mbok

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2016
Tomtoxic:
Ahaa!!! He don tey o o o @Sir. Tomtoxic. How una de?

Good to have u back.
*Your suggestion of yellow card is funny*

sometimes d best way to avoid e-fights is to remain silent and silence in most cases is not a sign of weakness but strength...

I hope we outgrow this unscrupulous behaviours...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigblangston: 9:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mickael2:

I know Joseph has ended this little friction but in the spirit of fairness I believe I have to condemn this just like I have been condemning TheSuperNerd at times.

Now what he said there doesn't seem bad to me, he didn't call anybody's name, it's called a subtle dig, he didn't call your name so you can't call him back although you know it was directed towards you, all you can do is to look for an oppurtunity to hit back in the same manner. There was when I was saying somebody and I added 'Onazi fanboys', I didn't call anybody's name but they got my message perfectly. Honestly you shouldn't have quoted him, this one isn't an insult at all. I would tell you to apologise so that TheSuperNerd can learn that from you, besides, Seniors suppose act like seniors towards their juniors no be so?
Dr Mikael and Joseph1013!!! Even though I really wanna take this guy and his cohorts to the cleaners but your timely intervention has doused the fire in me. Even though I planned to leave what I was doing just to unleash my online sword at him but you had to intervene at a time my rebuttal was ready which prompted me to clear the condescending words I have packaged just for this purpose... @ Thesupernerd! Even though it is difficult to do this right now but with the words of reasoning up there I will have to swallow my pride. I'm sorry for the derisive,derogatory remark I aimed at you...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
safarigirl:
So called men, bitching like women upandan on top their age mates because of common football

I wonder how much you guys make from such show of stewpidity and blind pride.

Some of you will condemn someone on one hand and then mirror the same action you condemned thinking you're in the right.Having been a recipient of such stinking hypocrisy, I know well and good what that is like.

Lemme say once and for all that Lukaku is no more than a LOCAL CHAMPION, there is no stat that can make him world class, playing in the EPL has NEVER and will NEVER make anyone world class. You need to post numbers on the continental stage, not just bossing in your backyard before you can be world class. Even Ndidi sef is more world class than Lukaku, at least his Europa stats are pumping his CV, Lukaku sabi road road to Europa?

Now that we've established that, can we all just pretend we have some semblance of home training for the duration we are on this thread opened for the sole purpose of UNIFYING fans of the Super Eagles?

This is not an EPL thread, so shove any talks of non-SE players in a box, we need not linger on anyone that will never don the green-white-green jersey mbok

well, seems like you are a culprit yourself. I don't need to tell you that what you just typed is going to start off a chain reaction which would most likely turn into another meltdown of order. I beg of you, please modify this your comment and remove that Lukaku part please, let's just agree to disagree, please!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
bigblangston:
Dr Mikael and Joseph1013!!! Even though I really wanna take this guy and his cohorts to the cleaners but your timely intervention has doused the fire in me. Even though I planned to leave what I was doing just to unleash my online sword at him but you had to intervene at a time my rebuttal was ready which prompted me to clear the condescending words I have packaged just for this purpose... @ Thesupernerd! Even though it is difficult to do this right now but with the words of reasoning up there I will have to swallow my pride. I'm sorry for the derisive,derogatory remark I aimed at you...

such a fine man, excellent. Oya case settled, group hug and group selfie(I will be standing beside Safarigirl for the group hug and selfie oohwink)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mickael2:

such a fine man, excellent. Oya case settled, group hug and group selfie(I will be standing beside Safarigirl for the group hug and selfie oohwink)
*kicks him*
get off from beside safari.
*runs to stay there*

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:19pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mickael2:

well, seems like you are a culprit yourself. I don't need to tell you that what you just typed is going to start off a chain reaction which would most likely turn into another meltdown of order. I beg of you, please modify this your comment and remove that Lukaku part please, let's just agree to disagree, please!!!
Nna, anybody that wants to carry the matter should be my guest mbok, I just had to drop my opinion on the mumu argument that shouldn't even have started.

I will not be replying anybody, after all, Uncle Lukaku is not older than some people that are turning voltron on his behalf, this kain argument no dey even pay.

I stopped giving a shiiit about most people's opinion of me here a looooong time ago, I have cried all the tears I have for you guys. So now, Imma just speak my mind and ignore anyone that wants to use me for debate practical.

#Peave

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 9:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
@ bigblaston nice one ! ...the superdupernerd ...always enjoying ur dig up facts . We all have one reason for been here .... love for the super eagles . Let's keep the spirit .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tomtoxic: 9:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=AIG07 post=51553771]
Ahaa!!! He don tey o o o @Sir. Tomtoxic. How una de?

Good to have u back.
*Your suggestion of yellow card is funny*

sometimes d best way to avoid e-fights is to remain silent and silence in most cases is not a sign of weakness but strength...

I hope we outgrow this unscrupulous behaviours... [/quote
At times it's better to let others talk so u can learn a thing or two I didn't really leave sir I've just not been commenting but this issue had to drag me out.Thanks to sir Joseph and others for calming the storm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
A football thread like this should be a fora where information are shared, friendly banter encouraged with a splash of a arguments every now and then.
However, name calling and straight up insults should be discouraged.
Bigblangston, thanks for standing up and apologising to TheSuperNerd. I hope TheSuperNerd falls in line and apologies appropriately.
I believe he will do so, I remember he apologised when he went out of line when Keshi and Yekini was discussed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 10:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
Now that things have calmed down a bit. I won't call it a night without asking y'all to watch the rave of the moment in action, Ndidi. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhPEwF-00qo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 10:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
We've heard about him before and he's in the news yet again... Ademola Lookman. smiley
Everton confident of signing New Teen
Sensation Ademola Lookman

Everton are close to striking a deal to sign
Charlton teenager Ademola Lookman in January.
Lookman has been pursued by some of the top
clubs in the country since breaking into the
senior team at the Valley.

Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City have all
watched him closely but Everton are confident
they have won the race.

Lookman is 19, London born and has represented England at Under 20 level. He joined Charlton’s academy in 2014.

The youngster has scored six goals in 20
appearances for the Addicks this season. Karl
Robinson has been named as the latest Charlton
boss and will take charge of his first game in the
FA Cup second round, against his former club MK Dons.

Source: http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/everton-confident-of-signing-new-teen-sensation-ademola-lookman/

In 2014 Ademola was playing non league and almost straight into Charlton first team played a few games for England U19's as well. Haven't heard about Everton interest officially I will find out.

He may have an uphill task there, Bayer Niasse cost £13.5 fell out of favour with Martinez and also with Koeman. He has been playing in the U23's doesn't even have a squad number. Feel really sorry for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 10:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
@bigblaston nice one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:59pm On Dec 01, 2016
This is my first time placing my comment here. actually I have been following this thread from its resumption...

Started far back from kickoffnigeria in 2012 before it was closed down... Then jumped into nairaland following under 17,2013 under 20, 2015 then under 17 of 2015..then Olympics games frm qualifier to the tournament proper... thanks to Mr Joseph1013 for creating this thread... My day is not complete without visiting this thread.... My blood is always green!
To other members of this great thread well done... Great job...

I can tell you there re a lot of people following this thread.. So please let leave fight and embrace love for the seek of picking relevant information from this thread...and who knows? If any of the nff officials is following this thread . What about our super eagles players... ?

I was Just forced to place this comment cos the abuse n insult going on at the moment...

We have close to 2yrs to world cup and this thread is very relevant to sharpened our darling team...
Please @all let love reign...

Back to my #readingmode

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
komekn:

One of the things we shouldn't do is to believe everything that is written in the press.

First of all Eto is not rude I can personally assure you. Players having a disagreement or expressing an opinion does not necessarily mean insurbordination to the a Manager.

There are managers that simply lack the human management skills and approach to meet each player at his point of need.

There are more arrogant, insensitive and biased managers than there are rude players. In the English game the larger majority of managers are far from educated, and are very parochial in thier thinking.

WHERE SAMUEL ETO'O GOES, CONTROVERSY FLOWS

“I've known Eto'o since he was 16, and from that time on he's always been a good guy who I've liked a lot,” Roberto Carlos told Brazilian newspaper Globo.

“He's a good person, but there is a part of him that thinks 'I, and not the group', which is really damaging."
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
Icon4s:

Meaning HE IS NOT THERE YET. grin

Who is using Bony and Ighalo as a yardstick?

I thought u guys said he should not be compared with Aguero, Messi or Ronaldo that he is in a class of his own. grin

Iheanacho is not a finished product. HE IS NOT THERE YET.

It seems you just hinge on a point and avoid the rest. During the debate of Iheanacho and your not there yet, are you saying you do not remember the talk of Iheanacho being better than Bony and you disagreeing?

I clearly stated that, your not there yet should have defined parameters. Are you saying Bony was "There" and Iheanacho not, when Nacho was better?

So when you say Nacho is not there, there should be defined on what you consider there.

Nacho today is one of the best players of the Super Eagles. In that perspective he is there. However, I see him having the potential of being one of the greats in the game. There is still more I expect from Nacho. In that perspective, he is not there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
Rave of the moment indeed.... smiley

After Watching Videos Of Ndidi: Leicester City Fans React -He Is Better Than Kante

Fans of Leicester City have reacted to the
potential signing of 19 year old Nigerian defender cum midfielder Wilfred Ndidi from Genk of Belgium after watching video clips of his
performances in recent games.

Ndidi has agreed a five year deal with Leicester
City after a fee of £15m was agreed as transfer
fee for his signing which will be made official in
January.

However fans of the club who are curious to know the sort of player they are about to
signing, and if he can truly jfill the void created
by the departure of N’golo Kante have nothing
but praises for the Nigeria international.

Most of them posting their opinion on twitter were off the opinion that he will be an improvement on Kante particulary as he guarantees goals, aside his primary job of breaking up the attack of their opponents.

Known for scoring spectacular goals, his strike
against Club Brugge was voted the goal of the
season in Belgium last season, while this season
his belter for Genk against Athletico Bilbao in the
Europa League was rated as one of the finest goals of the round.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/01/after-watching-videos-of-ndidi-leicester-city-fans-react-he-is-better-than-kante/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:47am On Dec 02, 2016
TheSuperNerd, a Special Thanks to you for updating this thread regularly. Means a lot to me that people the time to keep such a special thread alive.

Yara Yara Throways Salute too. Keep up the good work. Thanks again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:57am On Dec 02, 2016
joseph1013:
Now that things have calmed down a bit. I won't call it a night without asking y'all to watch the rave of the moment in action, Ndidi. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhPEwF-00qo

Fantastic Post. This clip showed a lot of what Ndidi has to offer. His passing range is impressive and his quick thinking for his one touch passes is also good.

His work rate and mobility will give Ranieri flexibility in his tactics. I see Ndidi improving under Ranieri too. Thanks for this wonderful post.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:06am On Dec 02, 2016
bigblangston:
born in germany to a "croatian"father, "german mother" and a "nigerian" father... abeg who born dis guy?
All of the above na grin
eeeeeeennnnnh Forgiveness come and answer this, shebi na u like anything foreign pass gringrin

#modified#

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentAire(m): 6:11am On Dec 02, 2016
Certitude:

*kicks him*
get off from beside safari.
*runs to stay there*
What if Safari girl carry face like kante?

*thinking out loud *
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 7:13am On Dec 02, 2016
kentAire:
What if Safari girl carry face like kante?

*thinking out loud *
You mean what if safari dey like one of my favourite player? I dey see the girl well for school but I just park. Shy dey worry me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:51am On Dec 02, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

WHERE SAMUEL ETO'O GOES, CONTROVERSY FLOWS

“I've known Eto'o since he was 16, and from that time on he's always been a good guy who I've liked a lot,” Roberto Carlos told Brazilian newspaper Globo.

“He's a good person, but there is a part of him that thinks 'I, and not the group', which is really damaging."

Wow !!! Your not a teenager Lol

I haven't known Eto long mainly from his time at Everton he pulled the African players together very down to earth and gives his all in training. Really nice guy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentAire(m): 9:02am On Dec 02, 2016
Certitude:

You mean what if safari dey like one of my favourite player?
I dey see the girl well for school but I just park. Shy dey worry me.
She fine?
As in back and front?
Me sef no really send over fine face, Na body and brain be fine girl for me.

Correct guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:18am On Dec 02, 2016
terzurum5:

All of the above na grin
eeeeeeennnnnh Forgiveness come and answer this, shebi na u like anything oreign pass gringrin

Hehehehe! I don take break from football small until February. grin

Nevertheless, the boy mama 'Papa' be the Nigerian. grin

There so many foreign players of Nigerian heritage doing well now. We just need to approach them now.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.