Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11704120 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:33pm On Feb 25, 2017
goldfish80:

Which one game? I talked about this guy more than 5 months ago on this thread.
Martial was not a shoe in starter at Monaco either before Man Utd broke the transfer record for him as the world's most expensive teen.

Truth is that Mbappe have broken so many records already, his celine is very high and he's been rated as the next big thing in European football.
Kelechi is not in Monaco and Pelegrin is not coaching both players. Let's judge what is in front of us forget about semantics and what if's.

Then why are u telling us about "what if" the boy was in man city? Is he in Man city? How do u know who he will bench? So it is a ok for u to play the what if game ehn?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 8:39pm On Feb 25, 2017
safarigirl:
Rashford was in United's Academy when i didn't know him. When he broke into their first team, I knew him.

If I have to go through Google to know a £50M footballer, then someone is slacking somewhere.

Like i said sha, lemme wait for Golden Boy awards this year. No be by price tag
Mbappe is just 18. Last year he was still at the Monaco academy.
His name won't ring a bell because you don't follow French football. You will be more familiar with Rashford because Premiership is more popular in Nigeria just like few people knew Martial before Man Utd signed him.
Martial being relatively unknown did not affect his asking price by a shilling.

It doesn't reduce him if you don't know him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:43pm On Feb 25, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Then why are u telling us about "what if" the boy was in man city? Is he in Man city? How do u know who he will bench? So it is a ok for u to play the what if game ehn?
TheGoodJoe was the person who brought up the idea about Mbappe being benched at City. I merely responded that City won't bench an asset who would cost in excess of 50M.
You totally missed the point.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:47pm On Feb 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Mbape will not bench any of them. Sane, Sane, Gabriel or Aguero. He will bench at City. Fact.

I used Sarcasm to highlight my point.

Right now Mbappe is the hottest young player in the world, a bona-fide 18 year old making waves.

His price right now well in excess of 50million.

Comparatively to KC city can drop city like lead at any moment he has played 40 games whether for 10 minutes or 90 minutes and scored 12 as a striker it's simply not good enough. The standards at City are very high right now he isn't cutting it. KC is still potential yet to be fully realised.

Some people are getting too sentimental about KC and his situation at City.

Mbappe will not be benched at City that's my opinion too much money too much investment to be left on the bench. And then there is the small matter of outstanding young talent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2017
goldfish80:

TheGoodJoe was the person who brought up the idea about Mbappe being benched at City. I merely responded that City won't bench an asset who would cost in excess of 50M.

I didn't u are still guessing no one has paid a kobo for him yet so that is what if and u are not Pep so that another what if also. Just pointing it out to u because u said we shouldn't talk based on what if.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:55pm On Feb 25, 2017
bazooka1:

Mbappe is just 18. Last year he was still at the Monaco academy.
His name won't ring a bell because you don't follow French football. You will be more familiar with Rashford because Premiership is more popular in Nigeria just like few people knew Martial before Man Utd signed him.
Martial being relatively unknown did not affect his asking price by a shilling.

It doesn't reduce him if you don't know him.
lots of people don't follow French football.

Until he enters England, we will know. All this one you just dey shout price, if these players were African born, they wouldn't be worth half the price they tag them.

Even the Martial, dunno how great he is these days compared to what they paid for him

I'll wait
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:00pm On Feb 25, 2017
Just finished watching the Watford and West Ham game.

I was particularly focused on Isaac Promise, he has been widely mentioned as a solution to our quest for a quality striker.

That's the first game I have watched him and focused entirely on him. From this game I watched, I would say he is non starter. He is only 21 as is stated, he comes on in the 80th minute and plays 15 minutes or thereabouts. He should be full of energy leading the front line. Instead he is lethargic, slow and unable to impose himself on the game. He looks over weight very limited pace, infact he is too slow his touch isn't great and misses a sitter. He is far from athletic. I would have Obagoal over him morning, night and day.

I would recommend if we have no other options, we look for the best striker we can get in the Nigerian local league than this guy. He is simply not good enough.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:09pm On Feb 25, 2017
safarigirl:

Until he enters England, we will know. All this one you just dey shout price, if these players were African born, they wouldn't be worth half the price they tag them.

Even the Martial, dunno how great he is these days compared to what they paid for him

I'll wait

That's not entirely true, how much was Victor Moses transfer fee to Chelsea in the region of £10 million. Again Seyi Ojo was bought at the age of 14 for fee that could rise to £1.8 million with add ons, he was born in Nigeria as well.

He probably has the highest transfer fee in England if not Europe for a 14 year old.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:09pm On Feb 25, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

I didn't u are still guessing no one has paid a kobo for him yet so that is what if and u are not Pep so that another what if also. Just pointing it out to u because u said we shouldn't talk based on what if.
It's an open secret how much value Monaco attach to him.
In one of the link earlier on this thread it was reported Guardiola put a 40M bid for him last summer which Monaco rejected.

According to L'equipe, Mbappe will command more transfer fee than Martial's
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/02/21/more-expensive-than-martial-lequipe-claim-tottenham-target-kylia/

Mbape himself said he will be happy to break Martial's transfer fee
http://www.squawka.com/news/kylian-mbappe-i-would-be-happy-to-beat-anthony-martials-transfer-fee/856545

Please, am not second guessing what if when am talking about this guy. Am basically going by what is being reported.

Who will buy a player that much and confine him to the bench?

Gabriel Jesus cost man city just 27M, yet his arrival sent Kelechi down to the reserves.

How logical is it for the same club to send a 50M player to the bench?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:19pm On Feb 25, 2017
goldfish80:

It's an open secret how much value Monaco attach to him.
In one of the link earlier on this thread it was reported Guardiola put a 40M bid for him last summer which Monaco rejected.

According to L'equipe, Mbappe will command more transfer fee than Martial's
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/02/21/more-expensive-than-martial-lequipe-claim-tottenham-target-kylia/

Mbape himself said he will be happy to break Martial's transfer fee
http://www.squawka.com/news/kylian-mbappe-i-would-be-happy-to-beat-anthony-martials-transfer-fee/856545

Please, am not second guessing what if when am talking about this guy. Am basically going by what is being reported.

Who will buy a player that much and confine him to the bench?

Gabriel Jesus cost man city just 27M, yet his arrival sent Kelechi down to the reserves.

How logical is it for the same club to send a 50M player to the bench?

What are u telling me here? Who cares if he said he would like to break a transfer record. Right now he is a monaco player anything else is guess work.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 9:20pm On Feb 25, 2017
safarigirl:

I'll wait
I will gladly wait as well. I expect big things from him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

What are u telling me here? Who cares if he said he would like to break a transfer record. Right now he is a monaco player anything else is guess work.
Monaco have made known he won't be sold less than the Martial fee. The young man himself embraces the challenge. What's the guess work there?

All these just to justify your earlier claim that Iwobi is worth 50M.
Please detox yourself from the cloud of nationalism and see things fro what they are.

I rate you as one of the few Liberal and open minded posters on this thread. Am quite surprised am having this argument with you of all people.
Did you have a stressful week?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
komekn:

That's not entirely true, how much was Victor Moses transfer fee to Chelsea in the region of £10 million. Again Seyi Ojo was bought at the age of 14 for fee that could rise to £1.8 million with add ons, he was born in Nigeria as well.

He probably has the highest transfer fee in England if not Europe for a 14 year old.
i no mean that type, i mean the straight outta Africa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:46pm On Feb 25, 2017
komekn:
Just finished watching the Watford and West Ham game.

I was particularly focused on Isaac Promise, he has been widely mentioned as a solution to our quest for a quality striker.

That's the first game I have watched him and focused entirely on him. From this game I watched, I would say he is non starter. He is only 21 as is stated, he comes on in the 80th minute and plays 15 minutes or thereabouts. He should be full of energy leading the front line. Instead he is lethargic, slow and unable to impose himself on the game. He looks over weight very limited pace, infact he is too slow his touch isn't great and misses a sitter. He is far from athletic. I would have Obagoal over him morning, night and day.

I would recommend if we have no other options, we look for the best striker we can get in the Nigerian local league than this guy. He is simply not good enough.

Not a fair assessment, he is just back from injury and is certainly not match-fit. Let us see him in a few weeks and with more minutes.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:46pm On Feb 25, 2017
komekn:

I used Sarcasm to highlight my point.

Right now Mbappe is the hottest young player in the world, a bona-fide 18 year old making waves.

His price right now well in excess of 50million.

Comparatively to KC city can drop city like lead at any moment he has played 40 games whether for 10 minutes or 90 minutes and scored 12 as a striker it's simply not good enough. The standards at City are very high right now he isn't cutting it. KC is still potential yet to be fully realised.

Some people are getting too sentimental about KC and his situation at City.

Mbappe will not be benched at City that's my opinion too much money too much investment to be left on the bench. And then there is the small matter of outstanding young talent.

Your opinion is that Mbappe will not get benched at City. My opinion is that he will not start on the wings ahead of Sane and Sterling. It is ridiculous counting coming in from the bench as number of games. It is not. You can not compare a 90 minutes game time to ten minutes game time.

Compare goals per minute ratio.

Guardiola dropped Aguero on the bench because of Attributes Gabriel Jesus offers. Unless you are saying Mbappe offers such attributes as Gabriel Jesus, he will not bench Aguero and Gabriel Jesus.

I am pointing out that a brilliant young talent can end on the bench just as Lukaku and Kevin De Bruyne were benched repeatedly at Chelsea.

The only point I am seeing is hottest young property. That does not fly with me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2017
Onyekuru with a goal and an assist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2017
goldfish80:

Just like how Guardiola benched an asset like Stones in games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:52pm On Feb 25, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

That means u didn't watch the Afcon. Btw why question a man's passion? Do u have any scientific proof that a 30 year old can't perform just as well? This is not politics there are no set terms. If a player is good enough it is almost criminal to deny him.

Another team might carry a team of over thirty years old but the recent resurgence of the Super Eagles was down to us having a young team. We should look into the future and not the past.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:59pm On Feb 25, 2017
goldfish80:

Nice read. Interesting to know Guardiola wanted him for 40M and Zidane took him on tour guide at the Bernabue in 2013 when he was barely 16yrs old.
According to the article Monaco are quoting €80M for him ;0 .. Football have indeed gone mad!
It's absolutely bunkers money for a young 19yr old.

TheGoodJoe is about making us believe he will be benched at City. Probably he thinks Kelechi will bench him. Nawao

Your the one making things up as you always do. I never said Iheanacho will bench him.

Some people tried to play down Iheanacho's talent because he is on the bench of City. Crazy when we have seen bright talents like Mata, Kevin De Bruyne and Lukaku bench despite being quality. I am pointing out that bench is not proof of quality because the hailed Mbappe will bench at City. Does that mean he is not quality?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:02pm On Feb 25, 2017
bazooka1:

Mbappe is the most sort after teen in the world. He will command a transfer fee in excess the £40M Man Utd paid for Martial. No club will sit such huge investment down on the bench. Drill or no drill.

Martial was the most sought after teen in the World, commanded a huge fee when signed from Monaco and guess what, he sits regularly on the bench in Manchester United.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:06pm On Feb 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Your the one making things up as you always do. I never said Iheanacho will bench him.

Some people tried to play down Iheanacho's talent because he is on the bench of City. Crazy when we have seen bright talents like Mata, Kevin De Bruyne and Lukaku bench despite being quality. I am pointing out that bench is not proof of quality because the hailed Mbappe will bench at City. Does that mean he is not quality?
You were so damn sure he was going to be on the bench at City. You even put na exclamation mark on it to buttress your point.
That called my attention.
If you were this diplomatic, I wouldn't have bothered quoting you.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:07pm On Feb 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Martial was the most sought after teen in the World, commanded a huge fee when signed from Monaco and guess what, he sits regularly on the bench in Manchester United.
He was a super regular last season under Van Gal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:08pm On Feb 25, 2017
goldfish80:

You were so damn sure he was going to be on the bench at City. You even put na exclamation mark on it to buttress your point.

Bench. Very sure he will unless you can prove he has the Gabriel Jesus Attributes. Or do you think Guardiola will drop Sane and Sterling for him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:09pm On Feb 25, 2017
goldfish80:

He was a super regular last season under Van Gal.

Super Bencher this season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2017
goldfish80:

If you were this diplomatic, I wouldn't have bothered quoting you.

It is not about diplomatic but the way people just jump in without getting the point. Iheanacho on the bench does not mean he is not quality. Saying if Mbappe goes to City and bench does not mean he is not quality. Aguero n the bench for Gabriel Jesus does not mean he is not quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:18pm On Feb 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Bench. Very sure he will unless you can prove he has the Gabriel Jesus Attributes. Or do you think Guardiola will drop Sane and Sterling for him?

Gabriel Jesus walked straight to the Man city team almost unchallenged. Mbappe is several times more talented than Jesus from what I've seen of both players.
I'd rather stop talking about Kylian Lottini and Manchester City. The boy is talented, any team he ends up singing for will be getting a gem. End of

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Super Bencher this season.
The was untouchable the season he was bought. That he's not playing is not because of his lack of ability. Mourinho stripped him off his squad number before his first training session with him.
I can't figure where you're going with this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:23pm On Feb 25, 2017
goldfish80:

Monaco have made known he won't be sold less than the Martial fee. The young man himself embraces the challenge. What's the guess work there?

All these just to justify your earlier claim that Iwobi is worth 50M.
Please detox yourself from the cloud of nationalism and see things fro what they are.

I rate you as one of the few Liberal and open minded posters on this thread. Am quite surprised am having this argument with you of all people.
Did you have a stressful week?

So Muller also is worth 100 million abi? If nobody has bought him yet then u are just guessing. Monaco can say anything they want but they have not sold him. 50 million is only in ur head that is not reality. Iwobi has never been on the market so i don't get how u can take on that arguement and next say u don't do what if's when a point is made against u. My days will always be great and will never depend on the internet.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

It is not about diplomatic but the way people just jump in without getting the point. Iheanacho on the bench does not mean he is not quality. Saying if Mbappe goes to City and bench does not mean he is not quality. Aguero n the bench for Gabriel Jesus does not mean he is not quality.
You sounded so sure he would be on the bench at City. I wonder why you think, knowing that you've never watched him.
I recall you said earlier in the week that you missed the Monaco vs man city game.

The motive you rushed in to say he was not good enough for the man city first team was just to claim you have superior talents at your Club,am I right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:34pm On Feb 25, 2017
goldfish80:

You sounded so sure he would be on the bench at City. I wonder why you think, knowing that you've never watched him.
I recall you said earlier in the week that you missed the Monaco vs man city game.

The motive you rushed in to say he was not good enough for the man city first team was just to claim you have superior talents at your Club,am I right?

The motive was not to run down Mbappe but to point out the ironic view of the statement of Mbappe being better than Iheanacho because he is getting playing time at Monaco.

My reply was simple. If he was at City, Mbappe will sit on the bench. It is crystal clear. You can make up things to suit your thoughts but the words are clear.

Has Mbappe done better than what Aguero did at his age?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:37pm On Feb 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The motive was not to run down Mbappe but to point out the ironic view of the statement of Mbappe being better than Iheanacho because he is getting playing time at Monaco.

My reply was simple. If he was at City, Mbappe will sit on the bench. It is crystal clear. You can make up things to suit your thoughts but the words are clear.

Has Mbappe done better than what Aguero did at his age?
What was Aguero like at 17 please? I can't recall.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
goldfish80:

The was untouchable the season he was bought. That he's not playing is not because of his lack of ability. Mourinho stripped him off his squad number before his first training session with him.
I can't figure where you're going with this.

So what are you arguing? Iheanacho not playing is not because of lack of ability. Some of you are ready to run him down because he is not getting playing time but yet are ready to defend Martial who is not getting playing time. You are ready to argue that me saying Mbappe will not start at City means I am running down his talent.

Haba.

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: enlady(f), Odunayaw(m), Softbreastt and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.