Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (600) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11738593 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (16176) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:38am On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

It's a pity you're saying this.
This is what happened to Kalu Uche. Please refresh your memory
http://allafrica.com/stories/200309190818.html

You think breach of contract is child's play?

Typical you. You have little understanding of the underlying deal and you post it as a point.

In Kalu's case, there is no case of the club agreeing with him to make a deal and then changing it because of a better offer. There is no case of the club making shady deals to make Kalu Uche change his agent.

How you equate them as the same scenario baffles me.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:42am On Feb 26, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

For u to say an African player won't cost 50 million is clear rubbish. Aubameyang and Koulibaly both cost way past 50 so u are the one being sentimental in ur love for everything European.

You obviously forgot we were speaking hypothetically if Iwobi was to be transferred as we speak. How this connects with Aubameyang have me scratching my head.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:44am On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Typical you. You have little understanding of the underlying deal and you post it as a point.

In Kalu's case, there is no case of the club agreeing with him to make a deal and then changing it because of a better offer. There is no case of the club making shady deals to make Kalu Uche change his agent.

How you equate them as the same scenario baffles me.
Again, you argue what you have limited information about. Kalu Uche had a deal in place to move to Ajax a deal Wisla Krakow backed out at the last minute because they had European Cup ambitions.
Learn not to argue that when you don't have your facts correct.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:47am On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You talked of Mbappe's records eclipsing Henry. I said, you can not compare them because of roles. I did not say Mbappe does not play on the wing. You embarrassed yourself saying he plays on the wings.

When we talk of players being prolific, it is not just with goals or assist. It also has to do with their ability on the ball. Maybe you did not know, as a youngster, Aguero was not regularly leading the line. However, his ability on the ball is far ahead of Mbappe. Same with Benzema. They are more prolific youngsters than Mbappe is.
How do you know Aguero is better since you haven't watched Mbappe play?
How could you have figured that Aguero was the better 18yr old?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:50am On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

I can't blame you for this. Obviously it's been a while.
Look, Benzema was always confined to the bench in his first two seasons. Fred, Luyindula and Lisandro Lopez Lyons regulars while Benzema learned his trade. Not after Luyindula and the other guy moved on that benzema came to his own.
Mbape on the other hand have been bossing it.
You sound informed but you're not. Sorry.

They moved because Benzema was all over them. He was magical. From the Toulon U19, where I first watched him, Nasri, Ben Arfa, Flamini we saw specialty. When Benzema came on, we saw mad talent.

With what I am seeing in Mbappe, I wonder what is bossing it. I doubt there will be hype without the hattrick or City goal.

When Benzema was young when you watch him play, you see mad ability. At a young age, became King. Until then, I am yet to see the buzz.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:51am On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

You obviously forgot we were speaking hypothetically if Iwobi was to be transferred as we speak. How this connects with Aubameyang have me scratching my head.

This was what u said in case u forgot.
goldfish80:

You do realise no 20yr old have been transferred for 50M? Arsenal have yet to sell anyone for the said amount and no African have cost the said amount.
Haven established all these facts, and objectively speaking, you think Iwobi will be the player to cross that mark if he was in the transfer market as it stands. I like your optimism but I know better.

Hypothetically is just another way of saying "what if" but i thought u don't do that? Now i see that u will say anything to win an arguement. So its ok u win lol + smh.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:52am On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

How do you know Aguero is better since you haven't watched Mbappe play?
How could you have figured that Aguero was the better 18yr old?

Simple. I want to see something special in his YouTube clips that makes me go wow. If when people have cutout the best opart of someone's playing time and that wow factor is not there. How can he be outstanding.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:54am On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

Again, you argue what you have limited information about. Kalu Uche had a deal in place to move to Ajax a deal Wisla Krakow backed out at the last minute because they had European Cup ambitions.

The club chose to keep their contract and not force him to another club against Kalu's choice. So how can you equate them.

In Eupen's case they were shady. Wisla's case was not.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:55am On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

So why quote Kalu's case when it is a totally different scenario?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:06pm On Feb 26, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

This was what u said in case u forgot.

Hypothetically is just another way of saying "what if" but i thought u don't do that? Now i see that u will say anything to win an arguement. So its ok u win lol + smh.
I drew the line not speaking hypothetically when you wanted to compare Kelechi and Mbappe on who Pelegrini will choose if he was managing both players.
You just throw words around without respecting the context of the poster you're responding to.
That's not the way to go.

And since we are talking about transfers and market value of players, it's always hypothetic because we don't manage the players. We are just speculating given the variables available to us.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

That's a bit unfair, we all have bad days. Go watch his previous games. He has everything u say he doesn't.

I will take on board what you said and look at him further.

But I watched the games he played at Watford even scored in one. I wasn't impressed but gave him benefit of the doubt on the basis he was new to the EPL.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

So why quote Kalu's case when it is a totally different scenario?
What different case? Kalu Uche went on strike because he didn't get his dream transfer to Ajax, he was promptly banned by the Polish FA for 6 months. No salary, no training. This 6 months in the coolers jeopardised his career. He owes his career to Henri Kasperzak who rejuvenated him after that saga.
Henry went on strike just like Kalu.
whats the different scenario there?
Google about Matuzalem's case with Shaktar Doneskt and see what could happen to a player for breach of contract.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:18pm On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

What different case? Kalu Uche went on strike because he didn't get his dream transfer to Ajax, he was promptly banned by the Polish FA for 6 months. No salary, no training. This 6 months in the coolers jeopardised his career. He owes his career to Henri Kasperzak who rejuvenated him after that saga.
Henry went on strike just like Kalu.
whats the different scenario there?
Google about Matuzalem's case with Shaktar Doneskt and see what could happen to a player for breach of contract.

It is a different scenario. So quit quoting it. Onyekuru went on strike because Eupen wanted to use him to pull off a shady deal. Eupen reporting him to FIFA will mean exposing themselves. They are different scenarios.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:24pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Simple. I want to see something special in his YouTube clips that makes me go wow. If when people have cutout the best opart of someone's playing time and that wow factor is not there. How can he be outstanding.
KYLIAN MBAPPE | Goals, Skills, Assists | Monaco |…:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tXwxv5P5zA

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:26pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

It is a different scenario. So quit quoting it. Onyekuru went on strike because Eupen wanted to use him to pull off a shady deal. Eupen reporting him to FIFA will mean exposing themselves. They are different scenarios.

That was according to own goal. Which reputable media outfit reported this shady deal?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

That was according to own goal. Which reputable media outfit reported this shady deal?

Which one is reputable media? Na WA. Onyekuru told his side of the story and pointed out the shady deal. That was why despite the strike, the club settled the matter with him.

Which reputable media said Kalu and Onyekuru's cases are similar. Na wa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

“We are only eight games from the end of the regular phase of the championship and only five points ahead of last place,” said Henkel. “We aren’t sure to stay in Division One. Therefore we can’t be separated from such an attacking player as Henry Onyekuru before summer
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4154418/Henry-Onyekuru-labelled-good-Scottish-football.html .

The official statement from the club makes sense to me. The cheap blackmail you're running with was cooked up by own goal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:33pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Which one is reputable media? Na WA. Onyekuru told his side of the story and pointed out the shady deal. That was why despite the strike, the club settled the matter with him.

Which reputable media said Kalu and Onyekuru's cases are similar. Na wa.
Clearly you doing now Jack about the Kalu Uche case till I brought it up. Still you want to claim you know when you don't.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:34pm On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

I drew the line not speaking hypothetically when you wanted to compare Kelechi and Mbappe on who Pelegrini will choose if he was managing both players.
You just throw words around without respecting the context of the poster you're responding to.
That's not the way to go.

And since we are talking about transfers and market value of players, it's always hypothetic because we don't manage the players. We are just speculating given the variables available to us.

I don't think u even read my quotes. I was saying that playing time depends on a coach. Pep might not like Iheanacho but Jardim might. Then i used Pellegrini as an example of a coach who rates Iheanacho and would probably use him over whats his face. Then u started crying about "what if's" even though like u just admitted we are only speculating. So what was ur point the whole time? U are wasting my life with this ur arguement i am gaining nothing.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:36pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
What I have noticed is that a lot of people have not watched lots prolific young talents. That is why you can see them make ridiculous statement like Mbappe being hottest property.

Someone like me watched Ronaldinho from U17. De Lima in his teens. Anelka at Seventeen. Just like I pointed out Aguero. Even Tevez. I watched these guys grow. Chill and let us hope the young man works hard and remain a disciplined professional.

Seriously ehn, Nigerians like flowing with the European hype. Mbappe?! I know the rubbish they are saying about him now, I watch Monaco games week in week out, I have an active startimes bouquet for that in fact because of the Bundesliga games they show too, how is Mbappe better than....Okocha at 17 for example?! No Okocha was a super-talent compared to him sef, I don't even know where to grae him now but the hype is outstanding. This boy isn't doing what Di Maria hasn't done before, he is quick, very very quick but that's just about that. I am not going to say that Iheanacho is better than him because I am not sold on him either following his recent struggles but the two of them are defenitely in the same bracket. Gabriel Jesus? Atleast 10 times better than the lad. In fact there was a lad called Mosquito who did a whole lot better when he was still 17 but by 20 he was already gone! People should stop feeding my this rubbish about Mbappe, Pogba is worth 100million but he is not better than Verrati who is worth like 60. Now let me ask a question, if you happen to invent a software which you had intended to sell for....20k to a local businessman but then Dangote comes around and decides that he wants to buy the software, will you still sell for 20k? No matter how righteous you are, you will increase it and if the smaller businessman cannot meet up then Dangote takes it home. The Epl is the dangote here and other leagues will always milk them dry, I have seen worse talents coming to the Epl for a more ridiculous sum so I am not suprised.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 12:38pm On Feb 26, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

I don't think u even read my quotes. I was saying that playing time depends on a coach. Pep might not like Iheanacho but Jardim might. Then i used Pellegrini as an example of a coach who rates Iheanacho and would probably use him over whats his face. Then u started crying about "what if's" even though like u just admitted we are only speculating. So what was ur point the whole time? U are wasting my life with this ur arguement i am gaining nothing.
Bros I've been following your back and forth with him. You clearly brought up two separate scenarios and merged them together in the heat of the debate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:50pm On Feb 26, 2017
Onyekuru is better than this france guy if he was an european player what will be his market value guys?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
Mickael2:

Seriously ehn, Nigerians like flowing with the European hype. Mbappe?! I know the rubbish they are saying about thellook now, I watch Monaco games week in week out, I have an active startimes bouquet for that in fact because of as to e Bundesliga games they show too, how is Mbappe better than....Okocha at 17 for example?! No Okocha was a super-talent compared to him sef, I don't even know where to grae him now but the hype is outstanding. This boy isn't doing what Di Maria hasn't done before, he is quick, very very quick but that's just about that. I am not going to say that Iheanacho is better than him because I am not sold on him either following his recent struggles but the two of them are defenitely in the same bracket. Gabriel Jesus? Atleast 10 times better than the lad. In fact there was a lad called Mosquito who did a whole lot better when he was still 17 but by 20 he was already gone! People should stop feeding my this rubbish about Mbappe, Pogba is worth 100million but he is not better than Verrati who is worth like 60. Now let me ask a question, if you happen to invent a software which you had intended to sell for....20k to a local businessman but then Dangote comes around and decides that he wants to buy the software, will you still sell for 20k? No matter how righteous you are, you will increase it and if the smaller businessman cannot meet up then Dangote takes it home. The Epl is the dangote here and other leagues will always milk them dry, I have seen worse talents coming to the Epl for a more ridiculous sum so I am not suprised.

Same thing came to my mind. Okocha. Mbappe has potential and needs to work hard to grow. There are loads of players with promise but discipline, hard work and luck plays a big role. People should allow Mbappe grow and perform well before the hype.

Being a younger player than Henry to play for Monaco is not a guarantee he is top quality. He is still young and needs time before the judgment. Having a career like Henry is a different ball game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:56pm On Feb 26, 2017
maidaboi:
Onyekuru is better than this france guy if he was an european player what will be his market value guys?

I have not watched Onyekuru's games or even highlights so I can't be sure. When people were arguing if Jesus was/is better than Iheanacho I also kept quiet because I don't follow the Brazillian league, but now I have seen him in a couple of Epl games, I have seen Mbappe as a starter and as a sub countless times, he is good, really good but the hype...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:57pm On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

The official statement from the club makes sense to me. The cheap blackmail you're running with was cooked up by own goal.

That is an official statement to calm the fiasco. It is a different case when they go to FIFA. When facing FIFA, we will hear from both sides. Do you think Eupen were ready for that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:00pm On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

Clearly you doing now Jack about the Kalu Uche case till I brought it up. Still you want to claim you know when you don't.

Did I say I know jack about Kalu's case? I said, typical you bringing up a link of different scenarios without underlying reports.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
bazooka1:

Bros I've been following your back and forth with him. You clearly brought up two separate scenarios and merged them together in the heat of the debate.

I used one to explain the other just like they do even in primary school, i don't get what is so confusing. Btw welcome to the hotspot lol.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:08pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Did I say I know jack about Kalu's case? I said, typical you bringing up a link of different scenarios without underlying reports.
You don't know about Kalu's case but you know it's not related to Henry onyekuru's. Nawa for you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

I promised you I will make a nonsense of all you've been saying if you kept playing the Liverpool profiting on his deal card,after I painstakingly explained everything.
Am giving you a dose of your own medicine. grin

Na me write those articles? grin

Show me where it is written 'LIVERPOOL LOOSE MONEY ON TIAGO ILORI DEAL' grin

From 50%, you came down to 10%abi na wetin and shame no gree you accept say you don lose. shocked grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2017
[quote author=goldfish80 post=54055044]
BBC reported his deal to Liverpool was worth 7M
www​.bbc.com/sport/football/38555573

BBC reported his deal to Reading was worth 3.75M
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/23926042

7 - 3.75 = 3.25
Liverpool net loss is 3.25M. Simple arithmetic cheesy[/quot]

Hehehehe! Those who gave you likes are now disappointed because you are inconsistent with this your argument. grin

Chai! Breeze don blow foul yanch don show. shocked grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 3:14pm On Feb 26, 2017
forgiveness:

Na me write those articles? grin

Show me where it is written 'LIVERPOOL LOOSE MONEY ON TIAGO ILORI DEAL' grin

From 50%, you came down to 10%abi na wetin and shame no gree you accept say you don lose. shocked grin
You can't get under my skin by playing dumb grin
Since you're not ready to have an objective discussion, I will return chaos with chaos grin

BBC reported his deal to Liverpool was worth 7M
www​.bbc.com/sport/football/38555573
BBC reported his deal to Reading was worth 3.75M
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/23926042
7 - 3.75 = 3.25
Liverpool net loss is 3.25M. Simple arithmetic

Na BBC report am oh grin
Show me reputable link like BBC to back up your claim. Dont quote a gossip blog oh grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:19pm On Feb 26, 2017
komekn:
Just finished watching the Watford and West Ham game.

I was particularly focused on Isaac Promise, he has been widely mentioned as a solution to our quest for a quality striker.

That's the first game I have watched him and focused entirely on him. From this game I watched, I would say he is non starter. He is only 21 as is stated, he comes on in the 80th minute and plays 15 minutes or thereabouts. He should be full of energy leading the front line. Instead he is lethargic, slow and unable to impose himself on the game. He looks over weight very limited pace, infact he is too slow his touch isn't great and misses a sitter. He is far from athletic. I would have Obagoal over him morning, night and day.

I would recommend if we have no other options, we look for the best striker we can get in the Nigerian local league than this guy. He is simply not good enough.

You took the word out of my mouth. If na me talk am, I for no hear word today.

I will see him to decide if he is good enough for the Eagles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (16176) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.