Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11666494 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:20pm On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

You can't get under my skin by playing dumb grin
Since you're not ready to have an objective discussion, I will return chaos with chaos grin

Na BBC report am oh grin
Show me reputable link like BBC to back up your claim. Dont quote a gossip blog oh grin

Hehehehe! Even, if I show you, you will still harden ya heart like Pharaoh. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:24pm On Feb 26, 2017
tbaba1234:
Onyekuru with a goal and an assist.

From what I saw on YouTube, the boy is very good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:27pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Another team might carry a team of over thirty years old but the recent resurgence of the Super Eagles was down to us having a young team. We should look into the future and not the past.

Which future? Because future no dey finish until thy Kingdom come.

World Cup is next year, are you expecting us to take many players without playing time to the world cup over the once playing regularly and doing well?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:32pm On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

You don't know about Kalu's case but you know it's not related to Henry onyekuru's. Nawa for you

You posted a link without underlying report showing similarities.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Your the one making things up as you always do. I never said Iheanacho will bench him.

Some people tried to play down Iheanacho's talent because he is on the bench of City. Crazy when we have seen bright talents like Mata, Kevin De Bruyne and Lukaku bench despite being quality. I am pointing out that bench is not proof of quality because the hailed Mbappe will bench at City. Does that mean he is not quality?

Hehehehe! Na dis one dem talk say: If you live in the market place, don't throw stones. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:35pm On Feb 26, 2017
forgiveness:

Hehehehe! Na dis one dem talk say: If you live in the market place, don't throw stones. grin

Incoherent. Make your point clear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:36pm On Feb 26, 2017
forgiveness:

Which future? Because future no dey finish until thy Kingdom come.

World Cup is next year, are you expecting us to take many players without playing time to the world cup over the once playing regularly and doing well?

Coming from someone who wants us to invite Tiago Ilori who is dreaming of Portugal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:39pm On Feb 26, 2017
Mickael2:

i can argue that Chrisantus was even more talented. I recall the semifinal against Germany, he was a one man counter attacking machine! I can't forget Akinsola sha, that squad was massively talented! But they all flopped!

So what happened to Chrisantus it's been over 10 years now since the accolades of Silver boot and top goal scorer at World youth cup 2006.

He simply has faded away playing in the Spanish segunda for obscure Reus. Considering he is still only 26 this is not good. A reoccurring story for so many of our youth players lots if promising potential but no long term consistency or even progression WHY
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:43pm On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

The was untouchable the season he was bought. That he's not playing is not because of his lack of ability. Mourinho stripped him off his squad number before his first training session with him.
I can't figure where you're going with this.

Coming from someone who blindly condemned a player for injuries. grin

I can see you are reasonable with this one but intentionally unreasonable with another one. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Incoherent. Make your point clear.

I thought any player benched is not good enough. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:48pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Coming from someone who wants us to invite Tiago Ilori who is dreaming of Portugal.

It is glaring we have arrays of attackers waiting on the line but that can't be said of defenders. grin

The more reason he deserves a call-up. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 3:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
forgiveness:

Coming from someone who blindly condemned a player for injuries. grin

I can see you are reasonable with this one but intentionally unreasonable with another one. grin
Martial was never injured. His style does not suit Mourinho. How does that relate to Tiago Ilori? grin
You dey one your eyes read so? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

How am i playing the victim when i know i'm not talking out of my butt making up fake stats. I am speaking as a football fan who knows football. Iwobi has every quality that is searched for, he is big, strong and technical on the ball. I will gladly agree that i am following my heart but u can't prove me wrong on this here topic, all u can do is drop shade and act like it is because u are being honest. Tell the truth u never rated Iwobi or Iheanacho u are just a shark who has been patiently waiting for form to drop.

I think that's a bit harsh.

There are two ratings here firstly in comparison to other Nigerian young players.

Then in comparison too other players in the same age bracket across the world.

Both players are excellent and have a long way to go. I feel Iwobi is progressing more his environment is stable and there is no pressure on him to perform. The exact opposite is the situation KC finds himself in with huge amounts of pressure. I feel sorry for him the psychological impact of this pressure can make or break him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 4:00pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You posted a link without underlying report showing similarities.
NIGERIAN striker Kalu Uche was on Thursday handed a six-month ban by the disciplinary committee of the Polish Football Association following disagreements with his Polish club Wisla Krakow over a planned transfer to Ajax Amsterdam.
A source from Poland informed www.kickoffnige-ria.com that unsympathetic committee members were of the opinion that Kalu's conduct was a bad example for other players and firm action needed to be taken to serve as a deterrent.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200309190818.html.

It's a pity the report didn't explain extensively why he was banned but I can tell you he stagged a protest and refused turning up to training. He was banned for 6 months and upon his return, the deal to Ajax went cold and he lost his place in the Wisla Krakow team.
Need I remind you that up to that point, Kalu Uche was the best young Nigerian footballer after winning the best player in Poland.

You can draw similarities with the Henry Onyekuru's case and and his sudden dissappearance from training. Just like Kalu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 4:02pm On Feb 26, 2017
forgiveness:

Hehehehe! Even, if I show you, you will still harden ya heart like Pharaoh. grin
Try me grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
What I have noticed is that a lot of people have not watched lots prolific young talents. That is why you can see them make ridiculous statement like Mbappe being hottest property.

Someone like me watched Ronaldinho from U17. De Lima in his teens. Anelka at Seventeen. Just like I pointed out Aguero. Even Tevez. I watched these guys grow. Chill and let us hope the young man works hard and remain a disciplined professional.

I don't know anything about the lad until I saw him against Man City but I know one thing works for him and it is because he is French and European.

So, except the guy to cost much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:07pm On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

Martial was never injured. His style does not suit Mourinho. How does that relate to Tiago Ilori? grin
You dey one your eyes read so? grin

Which one come worse pass btw person wey no play because of injury and the one wey em style no suit the team? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I understand the point but I do not see Martins as a solution. We started threading a path I believe is right. Building a team with young players and promoting competition for roles.

If Martins was even 29, I can okay it but with our number of young hitmen, I absolutely feel going that route is wrong.

Oga! Na by number dem dey take play football or by form?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 4:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
forgiveness:

Which one come worse pass btw person wey no play because of injury and the one wey em style no suit the team? grin
At least he has not been sent to the reserves grin shocked grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:13pm On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

It's a pity the report didn't explain extensively why he was banned but I can tell you he stagged a protest and refused turning up to training. He was banned for 6 months and upon his return, the deal to Ajax went cold and he lost his place in the Wisla Krakow team.
Need I remind you that up to that point, Kalu Uche was the best young Nigerian footballer after winning the best player in Poland.

You can draw similarities with the Henry Onyekuru's case and and his sudden dissappearance from training. Just like Kalu.

As I said before, Eupen can not go to FIFA over Onyekuru's case because he was protesting their shady deal. Kalu was trying to force a transfer. Different scenarios.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2017
forgiveness:

Oga! Na by number dem dey take play football or by form?

Planning is a big part of the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
forgiveness:

It is glaring we have arrays of attackers waiting on the line but that can't be said of defenders. grin

The more reason he deserves a call-up. grin

Yara Yara, bring the microscope, let me find Tiago Ilori.

We will call Otigba before reasoning that one. We still have Leon Balogun, Ekong, Omeruo, Agbo. Do not think our central defence is in crisis.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2017
forgiveness:

I thought any player benched is not good enough. grin

I hope you did not think so. Ask Mourinho about Mata who sat on his bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

As I said before, Eupen can not go to FIFA over Onyekuru's case because he was protesting their shady deal. Kalu was trying to force a transfer. Different scenarios.
Henry was forcing a transfer to Celtic. Kalu was forcing a transfer to Ajax. They both went in strike to push through a move. What's the difference?
The own goal report you pitched your tent with was yellow journalism no substance to the report.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Yara Yara, bring the microscope, let me find Tiago Ilori.

We will call Otigba before reasoning that one. We still have Leon Balogun, Ekong, Omeruo, Agbo. Do not think our central defence is in crisis.

Noted! grin

You will call Otigba ahead of Tiago Ilori who played for Sporting Lisbon, Granada, Bordeaux and Liverpool? shocked grin

What happened to your philosophy of training under the best coach in the world? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I hope you did not think so. Ask Mourinho about Mata who sat on his bench.

Actually, you thought so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:41pm On Feb 26, 2017
Chuks Aneke is having a rebirth

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 6:33pm On Feb 26, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

I used one to explain the other just like they do even in primary school, i don't get what is so confusing. Btw welcome to the hotspot lol.
I think he said no African football player have transferred for 50M. Which is correct. Aubameyang and Koulibaly have not transferred for the said amount yet.
I sensed a veiled blackmail when you brought up Aubameyang and Koulibaly in the discussion.
That's just what I noticed as a bystander.

You guys are great though. Thanks for the warm welcome.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2017
bazooka1:

I think he said no African football player have transferred for 50M. Which is correct. Aubameyang and Koulibaly have not transferred for the said amount yet.
I sensed a veiled blackmail when you brought up Aubameyang and Koulibaly in the discussion.
That's just what I noticed as a bystander.

You guys are great though. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes no African has been sold for that much but the fact remains that their teams have turned down more money for them. U are very welcome.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

They didn't want to sell him till summer they had clearly stated that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2017
Balogun Hails: ‘We’re One Hell Of Team’ After Mainz’s Win At Leverkusen

By James Agberebi:

Nigeria defender, Leon Balogun, has showered plaudits on his Mainz 05 teammates following their 2-0 away win against Bayer Leverkusen in the German Bundesliga on Saturday,
Comple tesportsnigeria.com reports.

A goal each from Stefan Bell and Levin Oztunali in the third and 11th minute, sealed the win for Mainz.

In his reaction, Balogun who is yet to feature for Mainz in 2017 after recovering from injury, described the win as very important for his team.

"Cause we're one hell of a team! Hats off to you lads for your performance and three very important points," Balogun wrote on his Twitter handle.

With the win, Mainz are now 10th in the league table on 28 points.

www.completesportsnigeria.com/balogun-hails-one-hell-team-mainzs-win-leverkusen/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2017
I've been enjoying the Mbappe discussion on this thread.

I don't think he's the finished article just yet,however he is currently the best TEENAGER in Europe at the moment.
The superlatives he have drawn with greats have been purely juxtaposed to when these great player were same age.

For the record, Mbappe at just 18yrs old have scored 2 career hattricks playing primarily as a wing forward.
He's not even a regular yet at Monaco but his talent is very obvious.

Going further, I think he has been well packaged and properly educated for stardom owing that his potential was recognised early. Coming from a sporting family of course have been helpful.

With the noise around the young Nigerian boy Omidji, I hope he gets well packaged like Mbappe.
Football is like showbiz these days. The better packaged talented player will cost more than an unwell packaged even better talented player.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, Isahalbash(m), do4luv14(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.