Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11668023 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2017
Onyekuru Scores Goal No. 11 In Belgium, ‎Aluko Stars In Fulham’s Away Draw

By Johnny Edward:

Henry Onyekuru was the match winner for his Belgian side Eupen who defeated Lokoren 2-1 on Saturday,
Comple tesportsnigeria.com reports.‎

The goal was Onyekuru's 11th goal of the season.

At Stamford Bridge, Victor Moses played for 85 minutes before he was replaced by Kurt Zouma in Chelsea's 3-1 win over Swansea.

Isaac Success played the last ten minutes of Watford's 1-1 draw with West Ham at home. The 20 year old replaced Mbaye Niang in the encounter for his 11 English Premier League appearance.

Sone Aluko played all 90 minutes for Fulham who drew 2-2 away to Cardiff City.

The game was his 32nd of the season for the Lily Whites.

In France, Vincent Enyeama was beaten thrice in goal for Lille who lost 3-2 to Bordeaux.

Enyeama has kept seven clean sheets so far this term.

In Germany, Leon Balogun was not included in Mainz match day squad that lost 2-0 to Bayer Leverkusen.

Kayode Olanrewaju extended his goal drought to five games firing blanks in Austrian Wein 2-1 loss Atlach.

He played for 80 minutes before he made way for
Kevin Freisenbach.

www.completesportsnigeria.com/onyekuru-scores-goal-no-11-belgium-%e2%80%8ealuko-stars-fulhams-away-draw/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
Reubens Agboola and his son

Courtesy: @calvinemeka

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
I just hope criticisms of this manitude will only motivate Ahmed Musa to up his game and silence all his critics.

It's evident the setup he has found himself in hasn't benefited from his pace.

terzurum5:
“Bye Musa” – England Legend Lineker Wants Musa To Follow Sacked Ranieri Out Of Leicester City

Former Leicester City forward Gary Lineker who holds the record for the most goals for an English man at the World Cup has slammed sacked Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri for his trust in Ahmed Musa which lead to his sack.

Ranieri was reportedly fired for starting the Nigerian ahead of Demarai Gray against Sevilla, a decision which angered the senior players of Leicester City and lead to the axing of the manager.

Lineker who is however unhappy with the decision to sack the coach, was however critical of his blind trust in the former CSKA Moscow man Musa, who has failed to live up to his price tag since his move from Russia.

His post on social media, also suggest that he wants the Nigerian to follow the manager out of the King Power Stadium.
See post.

“Defend Claudio to the end after last season but his faith in Musa is baffling. Now I’ve said it, please prove me wrong,” Lineker wrote on his Twitter page.

Lineker, who holds England’s record for most goals in the World Cup with 10, added on his Twitter page. “Haha beautifully timed tweet. Bye Musa.”

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/25/bye-musa-england-legend-lineker-wants-musa-to-follow-sacked-ranieri-out-of-leicester-city/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

They didn't want to sell him till summer they had clearly stated that.

That statement came after Onyekuru embarked on the strike. Onyekuru went on the strike because of their slim shady deal.

That statement was pure damage control.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
forgiveness:

Actually, you thought so.

Me thought so. You must have someone else in mind. The same me who was asking for Rohr to give Oshaniwa a chance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:27pm On Feb 26, 2017
forgiveness:

Noted! grin

You will call Otigba ahead of Tiago Ilori who played for Sporting Lisbon, Granada, Bordeaux and Liverpool? shocked grin

What happened to your philosophy of training under the best coach in the world? grin

A player trains under top coaches to develop. However, you can take a horse to the River but you can not force it to drink.

The player needs to put in his own work too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:34pm On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

Henry was forcing a transfer to Celtic. Kalu was forcing a transfer to Ajax. They both went in strike to push through a move. What's the difference?
The own goal report you pitched your tent with was yellow journalism no substance to the report.

My comment was based on Onyekuru's statement. I said, Eupen can not take Onyekuru to court because it will expose their shady deal.

You brought an unrelated post of Kalu that has nothing to do with Shady deal.

Why bring up Kalu's post when it has nothing to do with my shady deal point. I know clubs can report a player to FIFA. Where you making the Kalu's post to show me what a already clearly stated I know?

Accept it. That post was off point and unrelated to the point I made.

If your point was, I do not believe Eupen were shady and even posted a link to support your claim, it would have made sense. Posting Kalu was off tangent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 7:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80, icon4s forgiveness, sir thegoodjoe, komekn and even mr mickael2 seem to possess cool nerves especially sir forgiveness. i will like to bash you all especially sir mickael2 as i hardly agree with him...lol...that's btw.
as to team selection, i still see rohr maintaining the onazi etebo mikel midfield and mikel as amf cause i don't think rohr will drop him deep. iwobi on the left and v moses on the right with iheanacho leading. aluko must be in that match and i see him coming on for mikel.
ndidi is in great form but i doubt if he'll start.
well august still far but baring unforseen circumstances... u know na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

Henry was forcing a transfer to Celtic. Kalu was forcing a transfer to Ajax. They both went in strike to push through a move. What's the difference?
The own goal report you pitched your tent with was yellow journalism no substance to the report.

Talking to Africanfootball.com, Onyekuru said: "Eupen are acting funny on my transfer.

"They are frustrating me and my agent for their own interest.

“They promised to let me move in January if I have a good offer, now there are good offers but they now want me to sign for their own agent, before I move and they want me to sign for CSKA Moscow which I am not interested in.

“This is unfair and not acceptable."

You can see, this is Onyekuru talking to Africanfootball, not owngoalnigeria doing cheap blackmail.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
Certitude:
goldfish80, icon4s forgiveness, sir thegoodjoe, komekn and even mr mickael2 seem to possess cool nerves especially sir forgiveness. i will like to bash you all especially sir mickael2 as i hardly agree with him...lol...that's btw.
as to team selection, i still see rohr maintaining the onazi etebo mikel midfield and mikel as amf cause i don't think rohr will drop him deep. iwobi on the left and v moses on the right with iheanacho leading. aluko must be in that match and i see him coming on for mikel.

Sad Mancini turned Leicester City down. I would have liked Ndidi to work with him. Let us see who takes over Leicester City. If a good run of games happen, Ndidi might play a big part in it an thus dislodge Onazi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
bazooka1:
I've been enjoying the Mbappe discussion on this thread.

I don't think he's the finished article just yet,however he is currently the best TEENAGER in Europe at the moment.
The superlatives he have drawn with greats have been purely juxtaposed to when these great player were same age.

For the record, Mbappe at just 18yrs old have scored 2 career hattricks playing primarily as a wing forward.
He's not even a regular yet at Monaco but his talent is very obvious.

Going further, I think he has been well packaged and properly educated for stardom owing that his potential was recognised early. Coming from a sporting family of course have been helpful.

With the noise around the young Nigerian boy Omidji, I hope he gets well packaged like Mbappe.
Football is like showbiz these days. The better packaged talented player will cost more than an unwell packaged even better talented player.

you just kill it bro thats the difference betwin henry and mbappe

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:00pm On Feb 26, 2017
Orkpekyandega:
I just hope criticisms of this manitude will only motivate Ahmed Musa to up his game and silence all his critics.

It's evident the setup he has found himself in hasn't benefited from his pace.

Do not mind Lineker. He is one of the confused pundits. He will not mention that he was among those who kicked against Leicester City signing Ranieri in the first place. He will also not tell that Leicester City was sliding down before Musa played regular games.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

That statement came after Onyekuru embarked on the strike. Onyekuru went on the strike because of their slim shady deal.

That statement was pure damage control.

We argued about this topic. Eupen made no deal for him and u know it. He wanted to go to celtic and u were in support of the actions he took in forcing their hand. I find it strange that u are now distorting facts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:36pm On Feb 26, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

We argued about this topic. Eupen made no deal for him and u know it. He wanted to go to celtic and u were in support of the actions he took in forcing their hand. I find it strange that u are now distorting facts.

My argument stood on the ground that they should not force Onyekuru to a club against his choice. I also hammered on the requirement of him switching agent. So I wonder what fact I am distorting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

The statement of refusing to sell Onyekuru came after the strike and after Onyekuru made the statement of the shady nature of Eupen. Damage Control.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
Certitude:

Hahahaha. Ofcourse you know I will choose Ndidi over Onazi but that's btw.

There was something you pointed out which I love a lot, Etebo is the future of our CMF position, there was this discussion about guys like Mikel Agu etc etc, but Etebo is better than these guys in that position. That pushes Mikel into the Amf position and I believe we have enough fire power in that position to cover for Mikel because this his Chinese move isn't going down with me at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Talking to Africanfootball.com, Onyekuru said: "Eupen are acting funny on my transfer.

"They are frustrating me and my agent for their own interest.

“They promised to let me move in January if I have a good offer, now there are good offers but they now want me to sign for their own agent, before I move and they want me to sign for CSKA Moscow which I am not interested in.

“This is unfair and not acceptable."

You can see, this is Onyekuru talking to Africanfootball, not owngoalnigeria doing cheap blackmail.

I read this article on own goal but frankly it's hard to believe. If truly they wanted to force anything on Henry, he would have dragged Eupen to CAS.

Secondly, Eupen in an official release made it know they will fancy selling him to a Bundesliga team Redbull at the end of the season, hoping to use Henry to survive the drop.

From what I know of the FifA status, a player could be banned for up to 2 years for breach of contract. They take it very serious, otherwise rascals will take over the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:04pm On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

I read this article on own goal but frankly it's hard to believe. If truly they wanted to force anything on Henry, he would have dragged Eupen to CAS.

Secondly, Eupen in an official release made it know they will fancy selling him to a Bundesliga team Redbull at the end of the season, hoping to use Henry to survive the drop.

From what I know of the FifA status, a player could be banned for up to 2 years for breach of contract. They take it very serious, otherwise rascals will take over the game.

Same goes for Slim Shady clubs. They settled and put Onyekuru back in the starting line-up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:26pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Same goes for Slim Shady clubs. They settled and put Onyekuru back in the starting line-up.
They got their wish in the end. I don't like when supposed big clubs bullying smaller clubs.
Financial fair play rule clearly haven't worked.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by erico2k2(m): 9:26pm On Feb 26, 2017
PetroDolla3:
Fuckeduppedness! Shitnigerian bad mouthing Ghana for finishing 4th in a tournament their fumbling wobbly mudder fugger supa chinchin did not qualify Recession-ravaged shitnigerians and their lack of common sense! Dollar, electricity, food, fuel, gas and many things are scarce in Shitnigeria. Common sense is also scarce in that Sh1thole! Smh! Hahahaha the rant of a f00l

THis is waht happen when you get a new toy angry angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2017
goldfish80:

This is exactly why you shouldn't argue if you have limited information.
Mbappe primarily is a wing forward who can play as a striker. Infact, he has played more on the wings this season while Falcao leads the line. Its better you stop talking about this guy since you have no idea what he is all about.
He has carried his bag. Allow him to go cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:35pm On Feb 26, 2017

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:38am On Feb 27, 2017
Onyekuru Wins MOTM Award, Bags Assist, Scores 12th League Goal Of The Season For Eupen

Hot in demand Nigerian striker Henry Onyekuru scored his second goal in three games, which ended as his 12th of the season to help Eupen beat Lokeren 2-1.

Onyekuru set up Ghanaian forward Eric Ocansey for the opener in the 37th minute before Lokeren draw level via the spot, four minutes before the half-time break.

The game appears to be heading to a 1-1 but with ten minutes to go, Onyekuru popped up with what ended as the winner for his side, netting his 12th goal of the season which ended as the winner for his side.

19 year old Onyekuru was awarded the Man of the Match award for his display, which earned his side a vital away win and moved them up to 11th on the log standings in Belgium.

The forward who went on strike to push a move to Scottish champions Celtic in January is widely tipped to depart the team this summer, and the Scottish side will reportedly face competition from English giants Liverpool for his signature.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/26/onyekuru-wins-motm-award-bags-assist-scores-12th-league-goal-of-the-season-for-eupen/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:40am On Feb 27, 2017
Hot in Demand Midfield Maestro Onyedinma Keeps Nigeria Waiting Over International Future

20 year old Millwall midfield sensation Wilfred Oluwafemi Onyedinma is yet to decide on his international future, keeping his options open between Nigeria and England, the two nations he is eligible to represent.

Onyedinma started making waves at Millwall since the age of 17, and at 18 he was voted Man of the Match on his full debut against Charlton Athletic, which caught the eyes of several big teams in England.

Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City reportedly made checks on his progress but an official move wasn’t made, which made him to remain at Millwall where he has grown in leaps and bounds.

He is a full fledged member of the first team of the League One side at the age of 20, and very noticeable is the club decision to hand him the iconic number 10 jersey.

His international future is however up for grabs as he is yet to be called up by Nigeria or England at any level. For now he has shelved talks about his international future as he is focused on making the step up from Millwall to a team in the upper tier of English football.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/26/hot-in-demand-midfield-maestro-onyedinma-keeps-nigeria-waiting-over-international-future/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:54am On Feb 27, 2017
See Video Of Olatubosun’s Spectacular Goal For MFM FC In Line For CNN Goal Of The Week

Dear @FIFAcom, here is the first nominee for 2017 Puskas Award. Sikiru Olatunbosun of @MFMFC_Lagos. pic.twitter.com/jO6Ac7QQo9
— PREMIUM TWEEP (@XANTAPLUS) February 25, 2017
Sikiru Olatubosun of Nigeria Premier League side MFM is in line for global recognition with his spectacular goal for MFM against Enugu Rangers on Friday night in contention for the CNN goal of the week.

Olatuboson brilliantly controlled a pass before flicking the ball over the head of his marker, and his quick turn saw him evade the defender before lashing an unstoppable drive into the net without the ball dropping from his initial flick.

His goal which came in MFM 2-1 win over Rangers, was yesterday the talking point on international TV station FOX Sports, with an article on their site already tipping the strike as one of the best of the weekend.

The CNN goal of the week award will be handed out on Monday after the conclusion of games all round the globe, and if he wins it, It will be the first time a goal from the Nigeria Premier League to win the award.

However Kelechi Iheanacho is the first and only Nigerian to have won the award for his strike for Nigeria against Tanzania in a dead rubber AFCON 2017 qualifiers tie in Uyo.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/26/olatubosuns-spectacular-goal-for-mfm-against-rangers-in-line-for-cnn-goal-of-the-week/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:55am On Feb 27, 2017
Official – Four Remo Stars Players Join Etebo At Portuguese Side CD Feirense

According to a press release made available to Owngoalnigeria.com editorial staff, Nigeria Professional League side Remo Stars have concluded the transfer of four talented players to Portuguese side CD Feirense.

The quartet will join Super Eagles stars Oghenekaro Etebo and Dele Alampasau, not forgetting David Iduitua who is also on the books of the Portuguese side who are owned by Kunle Soname, who also owns Remo Stars in Nigeria.

See pree release below.
We are delighted to announce the departure of quadruple players to CD Feirense of Portugal.
Edward Abubu, Gbadamosi Ibrahim, Ofufu N. Ibeh and Dayo Femi all completed a move to the Portuguese side for an undisclosed fee.

The players represented the U19 side of the Sky Blue Stars in last year’s Metro Pro League with Ofufu N. Ibeh emerging as the highest goalscorer of the League with 20goals.

Edward Abubu and Dayo Femi featured for the side in the defensive position while Ibrahim Gbadamosi played as an attacker.

We wish them the very best as the players will be looking forward to starting a new life in Portugal.
Thank You.
Media Manager
Oladimeji Oshode

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/26/official-four-remo-stars-players-join-etebo-at-portuguese-side-cd-feirense/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:58am On Feb 27, 2017
Eagles Defender Musa Mohammed Plays Ten Minutes For Bosnian Side In First League Game Since Turning Professional

Former Golden Eaglet and Flying Eagles captain Musa Mohammed made his league debut for Bosnian side FK Zeljeznicar in their 0-1 loss to FK Krupa.

He joined FK Zeljeznicar on a six months loan deal, and after impressing in one of the games he played for them during their camping in Turkey, he was handed a 10 minutes run out in their first clash following the resumption of the league in Bosnia.

The Super Eagles defender moved to Bosnia during the January transfer window, due to lack of game time at Turkish side Istanbul Basaksehir, where he has failed to play in the league eighteen months after his transfer.

Since turning professional, the former Besiktas of Turkey target has not played in a league game until today, and he will be hoping to make his first ever start in a league game in their next tie.

His future with the Nigeria senior national team is linked to the number of games he plays in Bosnia, as coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr has long voiced the need for him to play games at club level.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/26/eagles-defender-musa-mohammed-plays-ten-minutes-for-bosnian-side-in-first-league-game-since-turning-professional/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 4:14am On Feb 27, 2017
Musa is to leicester what ozil is to arsenal

A SCAPEGOAT.

Have they forgotten that he singlehandedly eliminated everton from the fa cup so lester can move through?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by otezu5: 7:42am On Feb 27, 2017
Super Sub Fred Friday Rescues AZ Alkmaar With Late Goal Against PEC Zwolle

21 year old Nigerian forward Fred Friday scored his third league goal for Dutch side AZ Alkmaar which saved them from defeat helping them to a 1-1 draw against PEC Zwolle.

After a slow start to life in the Netherlands, Friday appears to have found his feet with three goals this year, which includes a brace against Dutch League giants PSV in a 2-4 loss for his team.

The former Lillestroem forward was introduced in the 71st minute with his side trailing PEC Zwolle 0-1 after the visitors took a 48 minute lead.

Fred Friday proved his mettle in front of goal by tapping in a ball from Levi Garcia with eight minutes left to play in the game, which also had Kingsley Ehizibue on for 90 minutes for the visitors before he was replaced in stoppage time.

He now has 9 goals in all competitions for AZ, with four of his goals coming for the B team while five came in games for the senior team in the domestic cup, Europa League and the Dutch League.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/26/super-sub-fred-friday-rescues-az-alkmaar-with-late-goal-against-pec-zwolle/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by otezu5: 7:48am On Feb 27, 2017
Swiss-Nigerian Defender Akanji Continues Purple Patch For League Gaints FC Basel

Highly rated Swiss-Nigerian defender Manuel Akanji continued his fine form for FC Basel starring in their 3-1 win over Luzern.

Akanji has enjoyed a splendid 2017 so far as all of his four appearances in the league has come since the resumption of the league in January, with a goal to his name.

He joined the Swiss giants from second division side Winterthur after making 35 league appearances before turning 18 years old.

21 year old Akanji has already represented Switzerland at youth level but still remains eligible for Nigeria at senior level, although he is yet to be approached by Nigeria according to reports gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/26/swiss-nigerian-defender-akanji-continues-purple-patch-for-league-gaints-fc-basel/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by otezu5: 7:52am On Feb 27, 2017
Red Hot Kingsley Sokari On Target For CS Sfaxien Again

Kingsley Sokari scored what ended up as a consolation despite been the opening goal as his Tunisian side CS Sfaxien slumped to a 2-1 loss away to Club Africain.

Sokari drew first blood for his side by breaking the deadlock in the 51st minute for his third goal of the season in Tunisia, but a brace from Matthew Rusike condemned them to a 1-2 loss.

This season is proving to be his best in front of goal, aside his usual contribution in the midfield of his team where he has three assist to his name.

The former Nigeria youth international almost left the club during the January transfer window, but the move failed to see the light of the day due to Sfaxien asking price.

He was reportedly priced out of a move to French side Metz, and the club’s subsequent transfer ban by FIFA over an unresolved transfer dispute made them pull all the stop to keep him.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/26/red-hot-kingsley-sokari-on-target-for-cs-sfaxien-again/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by otezu5: 7:53am On Feb 27, 2017
Eagles Watch: Troost- Ekong Benched Again, Kalu Scores, Esiti Subbed Off, Rabiu Ibrahim Returns, Moses Simon Rested

Belgian side Gent gave themselves a glimmer of hope of making it into the Belgium League play offs with a comprehensive 3-1 win over Royal Excel Mouscron.

Gent started with two of the five Nigerians at the club in Anderson Esiti and Samuel Kalu who scored the opening goal of the game. His second goal since his transfer from Slovakian side AS Trencin in January.

Esiti lasted 67 minutes before he was replaced. The giant midfielder has grown into an integral member of the club as he has started their last four games in all competitions.

Meanwhile Super Eagles defender William Troost-Ekong endured another frustrating time on the bench for the fourth consecutive league game.

He was left on the bench for the entire duration of the game alongside Moses Simon, who was rested after his midweek exploit against Tottenham Hotspur, while Rabiu Ibrahim return from a tendon injury appears to be complete as he made the bench.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/26/eagles-watch-troost-ekong-benched-again-kalu-scores-esiti-subbed-off-rabiu-ibrahim-returns-moses-simon-rested/

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, VillageBus(m), damagnificentusb(m), MRSAleroELEFAN and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.