Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11668683 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4437) (4438) (4439) (4440) (4441) (4442) (4443) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humility017:

don't mind the vulture agent.... a player with so much assists last season...France won't have been a bad move for him.... at least some decent French clubs like nice and co could have opt for him still...

U cant give what u dont have bro. I doubt those clubs and leagues u mentioned ever showed interest in him before his move to Slavia. He went where he was wanted, where the offer came from though his agent could have done better by recommending him to teams in better leagues, but, what do we know. Mayb he did recommend him, but none was interested or found him worthy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2018
ChrisKels:

If my memory serves me right, u are a student. So why dont u talk like one?

This is a meeting with agendas, u dont even know if one of the agendas is to device a means to improve the African talents in order to have word class players instead of average players.

What did u think the meeting was for, if not to fashion a way for better improvements? Abi dem just wan go there for camaraderie?

even if they spend the whole year conveying and discussing bout their shiits, they won't do nada.

Was it not the same Africans that voted for USA Canada Mexico worldcup bid against their African brother morocco undecided

As if this is the first they have conveyed?

Back home our football house is on a frying pan with same people conveying everyday setting it up.

If after our best and most peaceful world cup preparation ever in our football history, we still failed like pack of cards, I dont think their is gonna be any better chance than the one we had..

I still repeat and maintain, when it comes to international football, we should be humble and accept the fact that we re at the bottom of the food chain

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:38pm On Jul 22, 2018
krattoss:
even if they spend the whole year conveying and discussing bout their shiits, they won't do nada.

Was it not the same Africans that voted for USA Canada Mexico worldcup bid against their African brother morocco undecided

As if this is the first they have conveyed?

Back home our football house is on a frying pan with same people conveying everyday setting it up.

If after our best and most peaceful world cup preparation ever in our football history, we still failed like pack of cards, I dont think their is gonna be any better chance than the one we had..

I still repeat and maintain, when it comes to international football, we should be humble and accept the fact that we re at the bottom of the food chain

Well this is kinda premeditated and rational than ur previous uncouth and preposterous post that was too Disney junior to be under such a reasonable topic as a quote.

Well, this is the maiden edition, so give them that benefit of doubt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
also awaziem and ebuehi
ChrisKels:
Bar injuries, the five players I am certain will be recalled to the Eagles in September are;

Isaac Success, Henry Onyekuru, SiMoses, Larry Kayode and Sarenren Bazee.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2018
ChrisKels:

Well this is kinda premeditated and rational than ur previous uncouth and preposterous post that was too Disney junior to be under such a reasonable topic as a quote.

Well, this is the maiden edition, so give them that benefit of doubt.
Shun sir grin cool

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2018
Samuel Kalu has staged a comeback after a muscle injury as KAA Gent beat hosts OHLeuven 2-0 in a pre-season friendly, but Nigeria international Moses Simon is still missing in action for the Belgian club.

Kalu played for 72 minutes with his coach saying the winger wanted to play on.

Compatriot Anderson Esiti started the game, but was also replaced in the second half.

However, Moses Simon, who suffered a major thigh injury with the Super Eagles prior to the recent World Cup, was again not involved in this game.

He has been linked with a transfer away from the club in this transfer window.

Gent open their new season campaign on Friday at Standard Liege.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2018
Al Nassr has failed with a massive bid for Leicester City striker Ahmed Musa.

The Daily Mail says Leicester have rejected a £12million bid from Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr for Musa but could allow Islam Slimani out on loan.

Musa joined from CSKA Moscow in 2016 for £16.6m and it is thought Leicester would want to recoup their money.

Meanwhile, Sporting Lisbon have made a loan enquiry for Slimani.

The £28million signing, who spent time on loan at Newcastle last season, has been offered back to Newcastle during this window and could be sold for a discounted £18m.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
tbaba1234:

Zelalem played for Germany under 17 but USA under 20.

Zelalem case is different because he only played a friendly for Germany U17 but Okafor has played in FIFA sanctioned competition for Switzerland U17.

Any other example?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2018
peterd53:
Onyekuru with a goal

This boy is really good.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2018
charlesemeka85:
Nigerian striker Peter Olayinka has ended speculation about his future after penning a four-year contract with SK Slavia Prague, the Czech First League club announced via their official website on Saturday.

Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that Gent will pocket approximately 3.5 million euros plus bonuses for agreeing to terminate their agreement with Olayinka before its expiration.

Olayinka is returning to the Czech Republic capital after a previous stint with Dukla Prague, for whom he scored 7 goals in 32 appearances in all competitions.

Commenting on the transfer, Olayinka stated : ''I was very happy, when I learned about going to Slavia and returning to Prague, I was happy and it attracts me because Slavia is the top of Czech football.

''When I was in Dukla, Slavia became the champion of the league. I can imagine that Slavia will once again be a champion and I want to be like that. It's a great chance for me. Slavia is a club where I can become a champion.''

Olayinka began his career with 36 Lion before moving to Bylis Ballsh in Albania, and also counts Yenicami SK and Skënderbeu amongst his former employers.

For the upcoming season, he will play with the number nine jersey at Slavia Prague.

The deal taking Olayinka to Slavia Prague was brokered by respected French agent Cedric Mazet.

Ok na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
edi287:

Useless agent. Very bad move from Olayinka.
More excuse for Rohr not to look at him

Very bad one. He should not dream of wearing Green White green while he is there.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
forgiveness:

Very bad one. He should not dream of wearing Green White green while he is there.
What if he is invited and he impresses in training?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
tbaba1234:
Hmm, What's going on here? Omidiji started from the bench in the last 2 games. Does he know something, we don't?

I can't decipher what is going on. Please, explain. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 4:14pm On Jul 22, 2018
Yea
forgiveness:

This boy is really good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2018
Certitude:

What if he is invited and he impresses in training?

How will he get invitation in the first place?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:45pm On Jul 22, 2018
charlesemeka85:
also awaziem and ebuehi

Were these guys left outta the world cup party? Dey are with the team already nah. I was writing about the guys that couldn't make it to Russia

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2018
forgiveness:

This boy is really good.
Are u seriously serious? Onyekuru really good? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:49pm On Jul 22, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Osimhen has done well so far. Even if he did not break through at Wolfsburg, he got a shot there. Awoniyi is over a year older than Osimhen, he is yet to get a full shot at a recognized club. Awoniyi has not slugged it out with players of the likes of Origi and Mario Gomez. So it is not accurate making it look like Awo had a smooth trajectory. He is still on loans, trying to make a name for himself.

Same with Osimhen. If the Belgian league pays off for Osimhen this season, I doubt I will rate him behind Awo. Awo made his break last season and Osimhen who is a year behind I think has learnt enough in the Bundesliga which Awo has not had that level of exposure, to make a shot for him self.

I don't like our young players go to Bundesliga because success rate is too low.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2018
ChrisKels:

Are u seriously serious? Onyekuru really good? grin

Before nko.

He is currently the most rated player in Galassataray and the 4th most rated in the Turkish league.

That's serious.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2018
For those of u already masturbating over that yeye news linking iwobi with a move to Lazio or what have you, well Arsenal offers Iwobi an improved deal that will keep him at the emirates stadium till 2022.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2018
forgiveness:

I don't like our young players go to Bundesliga because success rate is too low.

This is something I have noticed. Bundesliga teams and continuity can hardly be used in the same sentence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Simple, Success came up as a striker and was identified as a potential quality hitman. Due to competition, he was forced to play wide, which hinders his finishing ability. Remember Lukaku playing wide at Chelsea and not looking top quality.

Boss Icon4s pointed out that if Success had a smooth path in his development as a striker, we would not have had our current striking problem. I wonder why such an accurate statement is causing people heartaches.

Did you monitor Isaac at Granada? I don't think so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2018
forgiveness:

Before nko.

He is currently the most rated player in Galassataray and the 4th most rated in the Turkish league.

That's serious.

Imagine if we had gone to the world cup with today's most rated player in Gala
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
ChrisKels:

This is something I have noticed. Bundesliga teams and continuity can hardly be used in the same sentence

Yeah! They are not patient enough. I hope Osimhen runs for his dare life.

He should not agree to go on loan in the Bundesliga 2 else ... I don't talk my own oooo.

Modified

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
ooooh ok thought you highlighted in general 9ja players likely to have good season in europe
ChrisKels:

Were these guys left outta the world cup party? Dey are with the team already nah. I was writing about the guys that couldn't make it to Russia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
ChrisKels:

Imagine if we had gone to the world cup with today's most rated player in Gala

Well, it could have been good but I think he was not fit enough.

Anyway, make I monitor him this season in the champions league .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humility017:

read somewhere today....buhari cautioned dalung to resolve the nff issue or else loose his job.
this is after the presidency was briefed by keyamo on the implication of fifa ban on his re-election bid...

to be honest dalung mastermind this crisis...so he should be asked to resolve it and buhari should please drop him... he is not competent.

If this news is true then I am very happy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
forgiveness:

Yeah! They are not patient enough. I hope Osimhen runs for his dare life.

He should agree to go on loan in the Bundesliga 2 else ... I don't talk my own oooo.

Nope, he should jump at the opportunity to join the jupiler league for Zulte Waregem. He would be given ample opportunities and if he was able to bang in 20+goals, then he would be moving to a better league for a better team.

Make him leave Germany totally

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
forgiveness:

Well, it could have been good but I think he was not fit enough.

Anyway, make I monitor him this season in the champions league .

He was fit and I was tipping him to rep the injured SiMoses but Rohr had other plans
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
olayinka who someone in this forum rated ahead of onyekuru don finally find em level for czech league while the latter is doing his thing in a better league and in the colours of turkish biggest and most successful club. let me come and be going cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy #lookingfortroublesince1802

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:13pm On Jul 22, 2018
ChrisKels:

Nope, he should jump at the opportunity to join the jupiler league for Zulte Waregem. He would be given ample opportunities and if he was able to bang in 20+goals, then he would be moving to a better league for a better team.

I have modified my post. I actually meant he should leave Germany totally.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2018
joining zulte warregem will be a smart move for the lad for his development. the belgian league is a good platform for young stars to develop
ChrisKels:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4437) (4438) (4439) (4440) (4441) (4442) (4443) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: M7even(m), damagnificentusb(m), AndSunGorilla, Longneck, Oasis007(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.