Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3081) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11682953 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3078) (3079) (3080) (3081) (3082) (3083) (3084) ... (16154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 8:00am On Mar 21, 2018
Between Ndidi, Onazi and Ogu, who is a better passer and distributor?

Can any of these at least serve as a make shift for Mikel?

Onazi once played the role but we lost 2:0 to South Africa.

To me, I woukd rather we use Iwobi there or if Joel is fit.

Another option is Iheanacho, he once played that role during his youth football era.

It's a friendly match so experimentation is allowed.

What do you guys think?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 21, 2018
Icon4s:
Please I want to start chasing the black goat by the day time.

Is Super sports or AIT or NTA going to show the Poland Vs Nigeria game?

If not any of these which other stations will show it?

I had to endure the Argentina friendly using one of those online streams. But trust Nigeria's network and their frustrations.

Will become clearer as from this evening. Will keep u updated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 21, 2018
DrKlever:
. Yes, we can do very well without Moses. se na those rubbish when him dey play for Chelsea recently? I noticed he even hardly had a rapport with team members in camp each time he is on international duty. I wonder how he manages to chun out good performances in the GWG.
Bro you can't fault one for his nature. If he doesn't like talking to people then so be it. Let him be himself. Afterall it doesn't affect his performance in gwg.
What rapport characteristic do you think messi has with his national team mates other than being admired as the best footballer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:21am On Mar 21, 2018
Icon4s:

Ezenwa should be on the bench because of his performance in a game they won 3-2?

Have you seen the highlights of the game?

We better just focus on Ezenwa and Uzoho and leave Akpeyi out of it. He had his chance to prove but screwed it up.
Sir Ezenwa was damn terrible in that match and looked rusty.

Go back to page 3068 and read reviews on his performance in that particular match.

Focusing on Ezenwa and Uzoho?then Akpeyi shouldn't get call again if he can't slug it out with very average Ezenwa and Uzoho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mikron(m): 8:36am On Mar 21, 2018
AIG07:
As I just log in now, na picture I de find up and down. I no kuku read comments.

Weldone to everyone who have been posting the pictures. You guys are the real deal.

But wait, where is our Joel Obi and Victor Moses?

I sight you @ mon ami Mikron.
my brother from another mother I sight u too. How our super eagles match go be on Friday na?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 8:46am On Mar 21, 2018
lf Mickel isn't there, then it's a good one for us to see how Joel Obi bears the creative burden of the team from Midfield. For some reason, Etebo couldn't do it against South Africa, let's see what Joel can do.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:47am On Mar 21, 2018
Kog45:
Sir Ezenwa was damn terrible in that match and looked rusty.

Go back to page 3068 and read reviews on his performance in that particular match.

Focusing on Ezenwa and Uzoho?then Akpeyi shouldn't get call again if he can't slug it out with very average Ezenwa and Uzoho.

Reviews from who? I have learned not to trust individuals reviews because most are filled with sentiments.

I am not saying Akpeyi should be dropped. He is likely the 3rd choice let us focus more the first and second choice and build their confidence level.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 21, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
God will bless you till your last day my brother. Shows you're really an intellectual fellow...

I have been wondering in astonishment as folks here keep uttering there pleasure about Mikels absence for the game. Mikel has not replacement as far as this current team is concerned. Its a fact.... So why why leave him out and make the team suffer in a match unnecessarily when there's not even a pretender in sight??!

Mikel can’t play every match for the Super Eagles. Missing the match might actually be good for him and the team. He is very important for Nigeria, his place is guaranteed already but what happens in event of injury or any other form of ill health?
Face reality, would you bet all balance in your bank account that Mikel or any other member of this team would make the trip to Russia come June. Anything can happen between now and then...We strongly pray against such.

Eagles should be able to play without Mikel or any other member of that team.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:55am On Mar 21, 2018
Icon4s:

Reviews from who? I have learned not to trust individuals reviews because most are filled with sentiments and hate.

I am not saying Akpeyi should be dropped. He is likely the 3rd choice let us focus more the first and second choice and build their confidence level.
Sir not individual review but KWESE/ESPN report unless you are telling me they are junk.

Oh Akpeyi 3rd choice not good for Eagles development if he can't make it as 1st or 2nd choice better to give young keeper that slot.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 8:56am On Mar 21, 2018
Icon4s:

Reviews from who? I have learned not to trust individuals reviews because most are filled with sentiments and hate.

Akpeyi is a better keeper to Ezenwa, making mistakes don't make you a bad keeper and for some good reasons Rohr and his crew know, that's why they kept Faith in akpeyi

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:58am On Mar 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:
lf Mickel isn't there, then it's a good one for us to see how Joel Obi bears the creative burden of the team from Midfield. For some reason, Etebo couldn't do it against South Africa, let's see what Joel can do.

I understand your point.

But Joel Obi, no matter what he does against Poland of course cannot be banked on. And you know why.

We cannot rely on him as a replacement for Mikel.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:05am On Mar 21, 2018
Icon4s:

I understand your point.

But Joel Obi, no matter what he does against Poland of course cannot be banked on. And you know why.

INJURY PALAVER
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aniekan2odds(m): 9:08am On Mar 21, 2018
terzurum5:
"The New Super Eagles Thread: Russia 2018 World Cup and The Dawn of a New Era (The Next Golden Generation)".

Want football articles?? Visit 2oddsblog
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:16am On Mar 21, 2018
tbaba1234:
Team for the poland game: make a selection, 1, 2 or 3

3:5:2

Uzoho

.......Ekong .... Balogun.... Awaziem.....

Ebuehi......Ndidi....Onazi........ Idowu

....................Joel Obi..............

.......... Iheanacho....... Iwobi.........

Or

4:3:3

Ezenwa

Shehu..... Awaziem..... Ekong...... Aina

...................Ndidi...... Onazi............

............................Iwobi

Moses......... Ighalo. S.Moses/Musa

Or

Uzoho

Aina. Balogun Ekong Elderson

.....................Ndidi. Ogu

.Moses ..............................................Iwobi

....................Iheanacho......Ighalo
Option 3. Can morph into a 4-3-3 with Ndidi, Ogu and Iwobi as our Midfield 3 or a 4-2-3-1 with Nacho as a AM with Moses on the right and Iwobi on the left. Oh and Ogu playing deeper with Ndidi helps as he keeps the ball better than Onazi which is crucial since Mikel isn't going to play.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:17am On Mar 21, 2018
Icon4s:
Please I want to start chasing the black goat by the day time.

Is Super sports or AIT or NTA going to show the Poland Vs Nigeria game?

If not any of these which other stations will show it?

I had to endure the Argentina friendly using one of those online streams. But trust Nigeria's network and their frustrations.

NTA sport24 on startimes ...not too sure though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:25am On Mar 21, 2018
Update on the England Boycott

Poland, Iceland, Sweden have join the boycotting team o.

Russia too no fit play their game with sense again ni.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 9:27am On Mar 21, 2018
edi287:

Option 3. Can morph into a 4-3-3 with Ndidi, Ogu and Iwobi as our Midfield 3 or a 4-2-3-1 with Nacho as a AM with Moses on the right and Iwobi on the left. Oh and Ogu playing deeper with Ndidi helps as he keeps the ball better than Onazi which is crucial since Mikel isn't going to play.

Onazi will start, he missed the last 2 matches because of injury, his a sure started in the world cup if fit, Onazi will not only start but wear the captain hand band

really I dont understand how people come to a conclusion that Onazi and Ndidi aint contactable,Onazi,Ndidi and Mikel played in the midfield against Algeria and Cameroon at home and the midfield was wonderful

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 9:44am On Mar 21, 2018
Mikel's absence is an opportunity for Rohr to try out, perhaps, Iwobi in the Hole. This is probably the last World Cup for Mikel in GWG, hence we should be preparing ahead.

Honestly, i ain't seeing his Absence as a Setback for the Team, rather a good Advantage for Rohr and Technical Crew to prepare a Team without Mikel.

I've been envisaging to see what Iwobi can offer as No. 10 for the Team, and I think the Opportunity has presented itself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:46am On Mar 21, 2018
Was it Etebo that played that position in that match or Onazi?
Daejoyoung:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:48am On Mar 21, 2018
Martz101:

Onazi will start, he missed the last 2 matches because of injury, his a sure started in the world cup if fit, Onazi will not only start but wear the captain hand band

really I dont understand how people come to a conclusion that Onazi and Ndidi aint contactable,Onazi,Ndidi and Mikel played in the midfield against Algeria and Cameroon at home and the midfield was wonderful
Onazi - Ndidi aren't compatible without Mikel in the team. Mikel drops back to form a 3 and is great at holding the ball. We all saw what happened against SA when Mikel didn't play and it was Etebo playing in front of them.
The pivot won't work with Iwobi in front because Iwobi is a pass and move sort of player. It might be different seeing we'll have Vic Moses around this time and the possibility of Joel Obi starting with both Iwobi and Vic Moses out wide.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:50am On Mar 21, 2018
For the silly mistakes the Chelsea GK made against Barcelona, if it was to be our GK, we go don ask Chelsea and Belgium to drop him asap.

You become a bad GK if your mistakes become routine not 1 or 2 mistakes in 10 to 20 matches.
Martz101:

Akpeyi is a better keeper to Ezenwa, making mistakes don't make you a bad keeper and for some good reasons Rohr and his crew know, that's why they kept Faith in akpeyi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 21, 2018
daveP:

people and fifa are not taking this thing serious untill e do dem like film undecided

Wellshaa the lesser the merrier cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:52am On Mar 21, 2018
If we can't rely on him as a backup/replacement for Mikel, why then do we need him in Russia?
Icon4s:

I understand your point.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 9:54am On Mar 21, 2018
I can't wait to get one of those jerseys.

Please someone, what's the full meaning of this “GWG“ am seeing?.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:56am On Mar 21, 2018
They want to boycott the WC yet playing friendlies and preparing for the same WC?

Mtvhew.. all na politics which FIFA is against.

Don't bring your useless world politics into football or sporting matters.

If you don't want to be at the world cup, just pull out!

They wouldn't be the first to do that and wouldn't be the last!

krattoss:
people and fifa are not taking this thing serious untill e do dem like film undecided

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/mar/16/boycott-world-cup-russia-royal-family

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 10:05am On Mar 21, 2018
somehow:
They want to boycott the WC yet playing friendlies and preparing for the same WC?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/mar/16/boycott-world-cup-russia-royal-family
the boycott is from the royal family and elites not the team proper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:18am On Mar 21, 2018
somehow:
For the silly mistakes the Chelsea GK made against Barcelona, if it was to be our GK, we go don ask Chelsea and Belgium to drop him asap.

You become a bad GK if your mistakes become routine not 1 or 2 mistakes in 10 to 20 matches.
3matches in a top competition is enough to crucify. maybe 5for friendlies, and 10max for club competitions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:18am On Mar 21, 2018
daveP:

I don't think it is the team that will boycott but the diplomats of these various countries.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:19am On Mar 21, 2018
Rockyrascal:

GreenWhiteGreen from our flag

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:20am On Mar 21, 2018
Rockyrascal:

Green white green

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:21am On Mar 21, 2018
krattoss:

It is a potential world cup ruiner cos it deals with the top echelons of international powers. na now we go know say all dis campaigning were just shadows of reality.

I'm afraid cos if countries involved start taking sides according to their political affiliations, then Russia 2018 is on pause cos this one is beyond FIFA.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:25am On Mar 21, 2018
somehow:

Dont underrate FIFA when it comes to politics. in fact politics drives the body than the game rules. It's not as easy as you're making it seem. It's more complicated than you think.

The boycott is truly from the royal family and the UK top guys. But tell me if orders to withdraw are arrived at, if the 3lions won't obey.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (3078) (3079) (3080) (3081) (3082) (3083) (3084) ... (16154) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lordofstrings, Theben(m), Marjoribanks, opes and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.