Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,791 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11665536 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) (3673) (3674) (3675) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:04pm On May 24, 2018
Moses will stroll into d 1st 11 even if he resume camp on June 13th grin grin,d shirt too sure

I don't knw y we keep turning a blind eye to d Truth, cos I av been cin some comments suggesting he shld be benched cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:04pm On May 24, 2018
Joebie:
it's okay my bro.. No hard feelings at all
Chai thanks man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:08pm On May 24, 2018
Mujtahida:

The black man race as a continuum. Not recent or medieval. Race consciousness

Can you pls throw more light about the consciousness of blackman race.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:11pm On May 24, 2018
Well done Hughton – This 29-year-old addition could truly solidify Brighton’s backline

by Rohan Sengupta

According to reports, Brighton and Hove Albion have completed the signing of Nigeria international defender Leon Balogun on a free transfer.

Balogun, 29, left Bundesliga side Mainz at the end of the season and has signed a two-year deal with Chris Hughton’s side.

Brighton finished 15th in the league this season after winning promotion from the Championship. Hughton made some shrewd signings last summer, most notably Pascal Gross from Ingolstadt and the club did a good job to stay in the top-flight.

Gross scored 7 goals and provided 8 assists in the league and was named the club’s Player of the Season. Going by Gross’ telling impact in his debut season in England, a lot could be expected from former Mainz defender Leon Balogun as well.

Balogun has represented Nigeria 14 times and was named in manager Gernot Rohr’s provisional 30-man squad for next month’s World Cup. The Berlin-born defender has plenty of experience in the Bundesliga, having also represented Hannover and Werder Bremen among other clubs.

To start with, Balogun is a ball-playing centre-back and with his range of style and good positional sense, he would massively strengthen Brighton’s defence.

Although he is comfortable on the ball, the 29-year-old likes to keep things simple with tidy and crisp short passing. Balogun often acted as the player to build up attacks from the back at Mainz.

A rock at the back for Mainz, Balogun had established himself as one of the reliable centre-backs in the Bundesliga. In a couple of years, he has developed into Nigeria’s best centre-back. At 29, he still has a lot to give to Brighton.

Having spent a lot of time in the Bundesliga, the experience Balogun would bring to the Seagulls side should be measured in gold.

Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy established a formidable centre-back pairing for Brighton in the recently concluded season.

The way Dunk and Duffy worked in defence proved difficult for some teams to breach. Arsenal and Manchester United were a couple of teams to come back home without a single point from their visit to Brighton.

This speaks volumes about Brighton’s defensive shape and rigidity under Hughton. He has built an excellent Brighton team, keeping the defence as his cornerstone. While his midfield and attack have been good, the way the Seagulls have shown defensive resoluteness the entire season is commendable.

With a good defence already in place, Balogun would add more depth and solidity to it. The 29-year-old is playing at the peak of his powers and without any doubt, Balogun is an excellent signing for Brighton.

--SoccerSouls

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:12pm On May 24, 2018
ur very welcome!
ChrisKels:

Chai thanks man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:16pm On May 24, 2018
he can be benched na.. If Rohr had excused him, fine.. If not, it can pose a problem.

elyte89:
Moses will stroll into d 1st 11 even if he resume camp on June 13th grin grin,d shirt too sure

I don't knw y we keep turning a blind eye to d Truth, cos I av been cin some comments suggesting he shld be benched cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:19pm On May 24, 2018
Joebie:
Please friends, all SE reports now should be in green, as we usually have our debates in between.

Eagles Training: Simon Suffers Thigh Injury, GK Uzoho The Chosen One, Balogun & Ekong Partnership

Published: May 24, 2018

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Gent winger Moses Simon was unable to complete his first training session with the Super Eagles on Thursday morning after suffering what appears to be a thigh injury.

The winger had to be replaced by Leicester City striker Ahmed Musa for the remainder of the practice game.

The Super Eagles medical team had to wrap an ice pack to Simon's injured thigh and he looked okay after the treatment.

If today's training session is anything to go by, three players on the 30-man preliminary roster have their starting spots in Russia confirmed.

Deportivo de La Coruña starlet Francis Uzoho might be the chosen one in goal as he stayed behind after the practice game to get extra training drills from the goalkeeper coaches on how to goal-kick.

Gernot Rohr and his lieutenants did a lot of talking to William Troost-Ekong and Leon Balogun to help improve their communication in defense so that the unit can function well.

The two central defenders who were first choice during the World Cup qualifiers performed admirably in the workout.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

--ANS

Take it easy boys. We don't want injuries please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:21pm On May 24, 2018
forgiveness:

Take it easy boys. We don't want injuries please.

Wc take it easy...if I b lokosa,na ighalo leg I go dey target grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:26pm On May 24, 2018
Thank you very much for that observation. That is not the only problem I notice with him. There is a certain arrogance creeping into him. The way he treats the younger players of the team calls for concern: His treatment of Iheanacho during the friendly match is one. Second is his treatment of Ndidi after Iwobi scored the goal against Zambia. Ndidi went to shake him but he just kept his hands on his dreadlocks and greeted the boy complacently with one hand. Its insulting. Moses should watch it, he is fast becoming full of himself.

Pascal

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:28pm On May 24, 2018
Did you guy watch the initiation of Simy, Lokosa and Ajiboye? It was so funny.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:34pm On May 24, 2018
Patrick Pascal?
ChrisKels:
Thank you very much for that observation. That is not the only problem I notice with him. There is a certain arrogance creeping into him. The way he treats the younger players of the team calls for concern: His treatment of Iheanacho during the friendly match is one. Second is his treatment of Ndidi after Iwobi scored the goal against Zambia. Ndidi went to shake him but he just kept his hands on his dreadlocks and greeted the boy complacently with one hand. Its insulting. Moses should watch it, he is fast becoming full of himself.

Pascal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:34pm On May 24, 2018
forgiveness:

We didn't get this kind of explanation during Awoniyi's spell in the Bundusliga second division.

What we were outrightly told by the two faced double standard fellows was that Awoniyi flopped then because he is not good enough. These fellows stretched it so tey, they claimed he was fortunate to be in the under 17 world cup else he don't deserve to be there because he doesn't posses any talent. But suddenly changed mouth in regards to Nwakali siting special talent. grin

How weredey judging then and why is it different now? grin

i don't know the people yoh are referring to but i know awoniyi is growing and is part of our future
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:36pm On May 24, 2018
Humility017:

not surprised to anyone....you both reason alike..... wrong all the time.

just take a look at that one comment spilling trash that nwakali is using the super eagles boast his career...that he has no business in the SE.

only a thoroughly blind fellow will playdown nwakali display against Athletico.....
had it been he has a European passport he would have been in England still and not in netherland same with.... taiwo and Henry and also kayode...
our boys are deprived because of their background and not because they lack the talent....
so nwakali invitation and display yesterday shows that he merit the call up.... moreover he was called up obviously because of salisu quest to build a formidable under 23 team for next Olympic mudial...

Na lie be that?

So, those performing in Europe, their background no be here?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:38pm On May 24, 2018
lol if Ighalo and Simmy injure, u think say Lokosa go go Russia? haha..

elyte89:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:39pm On May 24, 2018
Humility017:

I tell you my brother...even the small display of nwakali don dey make Nigerians want him included in the world cup party...even me self I don talk for his inclusion since...

i my self wish the boy is in the squad, if he was in eredivision it would have been much easier for Rohr...but let not rush things

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:40pm On May 24, 2018
tbaba1234:

It goes beyond luck.. He has simply not produced results.
do we have a better striker?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:42pm On May 24, 2018
Humility017:

please can we replace ogu with nwakali...?
is there any amendment nff can do to effect that...
it will saddens me even get me depressed should nwakali not make this team.
because he is good enough...

Ogu is a wonderful player, i don't know why people fail to see that, nwakali is not in our 30 man list. call for his inclusion is not making any sense

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:44pm On May 24, 2018
May 11th report

Although coach Gernot Rohr is insisting that all invited players must report in Uyo by May 22, Moses is likely to be excused.

“Every player invited safe for two or three players, most likely to include Victor Moses, must report to camp on May 22.

“Rohr is serious about beginning the World Cup preparation on a good note and he has personally spoken with all the players on the importance of arriving early,” a source told CompleteSports.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 11:45pm On May 24, 2018
tbaba1234:
Did you guy watch the initiation of Simy, Lokosa and Ajiboye? It was so funny.

Please, help your people and post it here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:50pm On May 24, 2018
elyte89:

hahahahaha! make em no try am oooo. grin

dem selve go dey play save na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:50pm On May 24, 2018
forgiveness:

Maybe a neutral reliable source will shock you too. grin

Awoniyi, Olayinka, Agbo make Belgium league’s Young Team of the Season

By Abdulquadir Adedapo - March 28, 2018 561 0
tweet

Former U-17 World Cup-winning striker, Taiwo Awoniyi, has been named as one of the eleven best players under the age of 23 in the just concluded Belgium league regular season after a string of impressive displays with Royal Excel Mouscron, AOIFootball.com reports.

The on-loan Liverpool attacker, who scored 7 goals with 5 assists, leads the attack in a 4-3-3 formation which also includes two Nigerians Uche Agbo of Standard Liege and Peter Olayinka of Zulte Waregem.

Olayinka, on his part, joins the front three after scoring 8 goals in the regular season while also adding 4 assists to his name in 23 games played, starting in all of the games he featured in this season.

While Agbo who was part of Nigeria’s friendly match against Poland and Serbia, he forms a midfielder trio after impressing for Standard Liege that made it into the Championship playoff round.

Uche Agbo scored one goal all season, had an impressive passing accuracy of 87% while also averaging well over 80% of passes completion per game.

Agbo remains part of Eagles’ Coach, Gernot Rohr’s World Cup plan while Awoniyi on the other hand must continue to work hard if he’s to stand any chance of been a part of the World Cup party to Russia later in June.

http://aoifootball.com/2018/03/28/awoniyi-olayinka-agbo-make-belgium-leagues-young-team-of-the-season/

Where is Samuel Kalu?

Don't even compare his stats with Bonaventure Boniface and Abdul Ajagun. He down the pecking order.

Snapshot 1 Bonaventure
Snapshot 2 Abdul

Kalu was named among top 50 promising prospect in europe with the likes of donurama, mbappe and pulisic.

you won't like to see that, my brother I'm not here to promote one player or bring down one player. I'm a fan of all Nigeria players including kayode and the rest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:50pm On May 24, 2018
Nike met up with the Nigerian Football Federation earlier this month and were delighted that their designs have captured the hearts and minds of the public.

The NFF's vice-president Shehu Dikko told the federation's official website: "The company’s representatives at the meeting expressed delight with the performances of the various national teams since they came on board, and we both agreed that it was time for a much bigger contract. That will be actualised very soon."

--FourFourTwo

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NIGHTMAREOO7: 11:52pm On May 24, 2018
CaptainStephen:
same technique with dider drogba.

Omo this guy huge o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:10am On May 25, 2018
Joebie:
May 11th report

Although coach Gernot Rohr is insisting that all invited players must report in Uyo by May 22, Moses is likely to be excused.

“Every player invited safe for two or three players, most likely to include Victor Moses, must report to camp on May 22.

“Rohr is serious about beginning the World Cup preparation on a good note and he has personally spoken with all the players on the importance of arriving early,” a source told CompleteSports.

Moses must have requested some time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:12am On May 25, 2018
mazimee:

Please, help your people and post it here.

It is on Instagram.. Several players streamed it live..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:17am On May 25, 2018
mank1234:

If I were the coach, he wouldn't make my final list. It's errant nonsense. It's attitude like this from Okocha and co that made us miss 2006 world cup.
that means u will fail woefully as a coach.. U know why they call man Management?

If u can't handle ur big players,that means u won't handle big teams. You just made made me remember how oliseh rushed to the media to spew how MIKEL didn't pick his call when he came to London.. I mean that was so uncalled for and childish to be having quarells with ur big goons.

Rohr has stated himself that vic Moses is his most important player in the team, and u re here telling us why u hate Moses...

Hate it or love it vic Moses is the most important when it comes to the super Eagles team cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 12:23am On May 25, 2018
tbaba1234:

It is on Instagram.. Several players streamed it live..

Damn.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:24am On May 25, 2018
Exactly!

tbaba1234:

Moses must have requested some time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:27am On May 25, 2018
One area, we need to work on is set-pieces. V. Moses, Iheanacho and even Simon Moses can share responsibility. V.Mose should not be allowed to hoard all the set plays. Some set-pieces favor a left footer, Iheanacho should be allowed to take those.

We also have to try to be more dangerous of setplays. Balogun, Ekong, Ndidi and all the tall men need to get on the end of corners and other indorect freekicks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:32am On May 25, 2018
mazimee:

I remember him taking almost all the free-kicks, bullied Iheanacho. He will be more effective if he plays with the team. Football is all about team work.
y all don't get one thing, was there in a way a tussle for the free kick or set pieces when Moses sets in? Don't u think if it's not the coach that orchesterd that order, he would have been challenged from taking the setpieces...c.ronaldo takes almost everything free kick and no man dares cough..

Why all these rants about our best weapon of mass destruction?
The nigga is a strong head no doubt but it's part of the managers job.. To manage strong heads which Rohr is doing perfectly well.. Why fuelling Rohr to start an unending brawl in the team that disorganized the team in the past and made his predecessors fail like pack of cards.

Rantings is a norm in life so people are free to rant. It's a free world.. But only the intellectually inclined ones will try and find out the reason what happened happened..

Ever heard of vic Moses escapades in Nigeria? How his parents were massacred in a crisis in Nigeria?
Don't u think these kinds of scenarios might make him wanna rethink bout his loyalty to Nigeria which he has benefited nothing much..??

That aside, things happen for reasons. Moses won't jettison out of the team Mundial preparations without a concrete excuse.
Most importantly, we re just fans and our opinions don't matter much, the coach and his crew is their to handle the matter which they re been paid for. Let's leave them to do their job and lets support them on whatever decision they take because we can really do nothing much.. And hope it pays

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:55am On May 25, 2018
krattoss:
y all don't get one thing, was there in a way a tussle for the free kick or set pieces when Moses sets in? Don't u think if it's not the coach that orchesterd that order, he would have been challenged from taking the setpieces...c.ronaldo takes almost everything free kick and no man dares cough..

Ronaldo has scored several free kicks so his own is understandable. Victor has not proven to be better than Iheanacho or Simon Moses as regards free kicks.

I feel like the coach should allow for shared responsibility, depending on the area of the field.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:58am On May 25, 2018
tbaba1234:

Ronaldo has scored several free kicks so his own is understandable. Victor has not proven to be better than Iheanacho or Simon Moses as regards free kicks.

I feel like the coach should allow for shared responsibility, depending on the area of the field.
I know.
What am tryna pass is that these things won't happen without the coaches go ahead order..

By the way in that same match we had big Boyz like Musa, Onazi, Ighalo, and Co..

(1) (2) (3) ... (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) (3673) (3674) (3675) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chrisooblog, iamdynamite(m), Odunayaw(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.