Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3885) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11708615 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3882) (3883) (3884) (3885) (3886) (3887) (3888) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:15am On Jun 03, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Uzoho is doing well for a young man but I am not convinced we put the best choice in goal or if he is ready for us to get excited. I believe he is the best among the pack we invited but we need thorough unbiased goalkeeper screening after the World Cup and select the best. If not we are deceiving ourselves.

Also the coaching crew needs to keep the young keeper on his toes to get him close to ready for the World Cup.

By the way, what the hell was up with our players in allowing English players restrict the movement of Uzoho during corner-kicks. That should never happen again. A player of ours should be close to the Goalkeeper during corner-kicks to prevent an opposing player from stopping the Goalkeeper from moving.

hat was at caused the first goal and it was so amateurish from our players.

At your first paragraph, who else is the best choice even though u admitted he's the best among the three in camp?

Your best midfielder(Onazi) was guilty of your last paragraph. You have always rooted for him grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:15am On Jun 03, 2018
edi287:

Well if you have seen me talk about the importance of having technical ability in our midfield and missing the guile of Moses Simon, I wonder what would make you think I don't value technique.
Anyways, 3 people picked up on it. Not my fault you didn't.
Oga accept am, you nor sabi the art of sarcasm! The point is very simple in goodjoe voice lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 10:16am On Jun 03, 2018
Ogenyi Onazi and Joel Obi are the reason why we have not had fluidity, coordination and strong midfield.

Look at all the matches we have had either of them on the pitch and compare the matches we had neither of them in it

I don't want to see any of them close to our starting 11 ever again angry

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:17am On Jun 03, 2018
Mickael2:

I will just ask you a simple question. Iwobi scored after 47 mins, so from 47-90mins that would amount to 43 mins, so could you please tell me one other good chance we created during that period?

This was a warm up match, the English coach would have changed formation but you are already two goals up what's the point? Besides I do hope you know that this isn't England's main tactics? They were using us to test four attacking players and we were just over ran at will
had it been we applied the second half tactics from the beginning of the match, we wouldn't have lost the match. Our second half tactics caused them a lot of problems, they began to introduce defenders to hold onto the lead.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:17am On Jun 03, 2018
kellycute:
Oga accept am, you nor sabi the art of sarcasm! The point is very simple in goodjoe voice lol

the sarcasm was very very clear na, I mean he even wrote some words in capital letter just for reference and yet you didn't get the point?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 10:18am On Jun 03, 2018
There is an unconfirmed rumor going on that mikel Agu and Ola Aina have been jettisoned from the 25man list
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:19am On Jun 03, 2018
zuchyblink:
Iwobi has scored 5 goals for SE in 18 matches from the midfield while Ighalo has scored 4 in the same number of matches for the SE from CF position .

Please rephrase it, Ighalo has also seen more minutes than Iwobi grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:19am On Jun 03, 2018
zuchyblink:
had it been we applied the second half tactics from the beginning of the match, we wouldn't have lost the match. Our second half tactics caused them a lot of problems, they began to introduce defenders to hold onto the lead.

OK after we changed that formation Sterling still got a chance which he would have scored bit he dived, Eric Dier I believe still had a good header that just missed, from the first half or not they would have still created chances and they created chances even after we switched for to 3-5-2 even more than we did, and we were losing the match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 10:19am On Jun 03, 2018
realpoacher:
Joel Obi is a Big Flop and an Overhyped Fraud!!!

If he makes it to Russia then Rohr is Corrupt angry
sadly Rohr has dropped Agu and Aina for Joel and Echiejule. Now all hope is lost. I won't be surprised if he still starts Onazi and Joel in games. I watched the post match briefings and he was making excuses for Joel.

The babalowo that did that jazz for Joel is very potent and highly lethal

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:25am On Jun 03, 2018
Mickael2:

the sarcasm was very very clear na, I mean he even wrote some words in capital letter just for reference and yet you didn't get the point?
understanding the point is not that important but using derogatory statement like ‘ebuehi is weak’ so shehu is a better option because he is strong shows emotive prejudice not sarcasm.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:28am On Jun 03, 2018
LieDetector:
sadly Rohr has dropped Agu and Aina for Joel and Echiejule. Now all hope is lost. I won't be surprised if he still starts Onazi and Joel in games. I watched the post match briefings and he was making excuses for Joel.

The jettisoned guys lack experience and are not-too-good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:30am On Jun 03, 2018
asha80:
when is the Ramadan fast ending? if it continues till world cup starts then it is no brainer that ebuehi should be a starter if shehu's fasting is going to be a problem
I do rooted for Shehu but just too glaring Ebuehi is better though Aina is out but possibly Aina is even better than Shehu at RB.

On fasting that shouldn't be an excuse.Talking about tactical awareness of the game,Ebuehi is my guy for RB/RWB.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:31am On Jun 03, 2018
realpoacher:
Ogenyi Onazi is an overweight slow tortoise

If he makes it to Russia and starts our matches then Rohr is Corrupt and was Bribed angry

Lol bro easy though your anger is justified, Rohr should be exonerated because majority of Nigerian fans didn't see this coming from the workaholic Onazi and crafty Joel Obi(the one they said he has the best and most cultured left foot in Nigeria) lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:32am On Jun 03, 2018
Echiejile, Joel and Onazi are going to Russia due to lack of depth in SE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 10:34am On Jun 03, 2018
zuchyblink:
The jettisoned guys lack experience and are not-too-good
same way Onazi's experience made us concede the second goal. Same way Joel's experience makes him run around like a headless chicken. If Rohr was being fair, the right person to drop would have been Joel considering Agu was with us through out the qualifiers. He can string good passes too as opposed to some oldie still jittery in a large capacity stadium like wembley. Joel is a liability!

Rohr really fall my hand.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:35am On Jun 03, 2018
ChrisKels:

At your first paragraph, who else is the best choice even though u admitted he's the best among the three in camp?

Your best midfielder(Onazi) was guilty of your last paragraph. You have always rooted for him grin

Me Onazi. Are you serious? I have never rooted for Onazi. Even during the time of Keshi, I called for dropping Onazi for Hope Akpan. I believe one of the reasons we did not qualify for the AFCON then was Onazi.

If we were to maintain the same formation, I expected Etebo off because I did not see Rohr pulling out his experience Onazi. If not, the best choice was Onazi off.

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-russia-2018/1111#57404403

You can read some of my opinions in the link like the bolded above and tell me Onazi is my best midfielder. I Wonder what you gain by spreading false information. A weakly calculated lie.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:35am On Jun 03, 2018
The rate at which Joel bumps into his team mates makes me wonder if he was on drugs. In that congo match he did it, killing a sweet counter attack as a result, then yesterday he showed us his plans. I nearly broke my LCD when he headbutted Balogun. My woman was like, gush who who be this agbero again nah!!

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:38am On Jun 03, 2018
Mickael2:

grin I just dey here dey check out some very very very funny analysis.

First of all we both saw it since 2017 that Onazi is gone, after this match even Sir Kog45 no fit defend am again. but trust them sha.

Then again, everybody is hailing our second half performance, but bar Iwobi's goal which other chance(notable or not) did we create? England were winning, they didn't need to push yet in that second half they still created the better chances after we scored and for God's sake this is England, you know the same England that we have been saying we will wipe the floor with? yes that sane England and we barely created 3 chances of note and people are still making reference to the Argentina friendly when we have been so poor recently.

Our main problem now is Mikel. naturally he doesn't have enough energy to function as an AMF self, but to make matters worse the Chinese league has been on for a while, I doubt he has had enough time to rest since he started all his team's recent matches, that's like 10 games at least in the last few weeks and yet we all know that without Mikel our team is...well Panama wearing a fanciful green jersey and the end point is that we will be destroyed. Ndidi is not yet training with the full squad, I don't know when he will get match fit but let's just watch. The main problem is that the Chinese league's calendar has affected Mikel and it will affect our team, that AMF role will be too stressful for him now and that's when we will see just how good our team is.

coming down to the manager, I'd bet thousands that Onazi would still start our matches, in fact make that a few hundred thousands. The coach is just a man manager, it works for Zidane because he has a lot of top quality players but when your forward players are either wingbacks in the clubs or they have a permanent quarter on the bench of a midtable team then being just a manager isn't going to cut it.

Finally to address those calling for Ogu to becoming a starter, you don't change your midfield most especially like that. No matter how impressive Saul is in training and even friendlies now and even if Iniesta starts playing like an old lady he will still start, that's one area of the pitch where you don't just change players because they come in as subs and perform well. Ogu may not even make it to Russia and I won't be surprised I mean Kayode was left at home for a Lokosa who had no chance whatsoever. I mean based on what Ighalo did today wouldn't Lokosa at least be a better choice? in fact I have tire
Oh good you called me out on Onazi,well am not a static analyst who always based his opinions on love or hate for player but flexible when it comes to football talk,

On Onazi performance against England if i have my way i will drop him from the team and if he come good tomorrow i say it with no emotion attached to it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Theben(m): 10:40am On Jun 03, 2018
LieDetector:

Our prayer now should be for Joel to get injured.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:43am On Jun 03, 2018
ChrisKels:
The rate at which Joel bumps into his team mates makes me wonder if he was on drugs. In that congo match he did it, killing a sweet counter attack as a result, then yesterday he showed us his plans. I nearly broke my LCD when he headbutted Balogun. My woman was like, gush who who be this agbero again nah!!
Rohr needs to tell him to calm down. He is too eager to impress. There was absolutely no need to clash heads with Leon Balogun. It was hilarious and quite sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:44am On Jun 03, 2018
Martz101:

we need to drop joel obi, but j doubt if the problem was fitness
I watched Joel at Torino very well this season and i will not deceive you i wasn't surprised with his performance,not the same Joel that came with flair in 2012,no thanks to injuries though not possible,him and Onazi deserve to be dropped,very awful displayed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:45am On Jun 03, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Me Onazi? Are you serious? I have never rooted for Onazi. Even during the time of Keshi, I called for dropping Onazi for Hope Akpan. I believe one of the reasons we did not qualify for the AFCON then was Onazi.

If we were to maintain the same formation, I expected Etebo off because I did not see Rohr pulling out his experience Onazi. If not, the best choice was Onazi off.

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-russia-2018/1111#57404403

You can read some of my opinions in the link like the bolded above and tell me Onazi is my best midfielder. I Wonder what you gain by spreading false information. A weakly calculated lie.

Chai see as everybody dey wash his hands off Onazi as though he was infected with a deadly diseases. grin If Onazi reads this your post, trust me him go hang himself grin

Pele oo Joe, na Icon4s carry am for head
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:45am On Jun 03, 2018
ChrisKels:

I do not trust Onazi to stay disciplined at the back. Onazi caused us to fail in a lot of games with his reckless running forward and leaving us exposed at the back.

https://www.nairaland.com/1952331/all-news-olympic-eagles-u-23/202#44418747

My comment in April 5th, 2016. For you to say the above over two years later is frightening. My stance on Onazi never changed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by teeezy00: 10:48am On Jun 03, 2018
Squad

No Aina cry cry

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:50am On Jun 03, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

I do not trust Onazi to stay disciplined at the back. Onazi caused us to fail in a lot of games with his reckless running forward and leaving us exposed at the back.

https://www.nairaland.com/1952331/all-news-olympic-eagles-u-23/202#44418747

My comment in April 5th, 2016. For you to say the above over two years later is frightening. My stance on Onazi never changed.

I am sorry bro, it was an oversight. No be you na Icon4s, Kog45 etc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:51am On Jun 03, 2018
edi287:

Rohr needs to tell him to calm down. He is too eager to impress. There was absolutely no need to clash heads with Leon Balogun. It was hilarious and quite sad
Sir is not about calming down but he is not the same Joel again,three matches with no cleared cut performance,taking him to WC would be pure sentiment though i don't rate Agu but he deserve it more than Joel.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:51am On Jun 03, 2018
ChrisKels:

No beef. I always root for a shield to project the defenders and Onazi never was ideal for the role to me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:52am On Jun 03, 2018
Mickael2:

OK after we changed that formation Sterling still got a chance which he would have scored bit he dived, Eric Dier I believe still had a good header that just missed, from the first half or not they would have still created chances and they created chances even after we switched for to 3-5-2 even more than we did, and we were losing the match.
That's nor true. Anyway, all Rohr needs to do now is make his team master that formation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:52am On Jun 03, 2018
ChrisKels:

Yes my man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:54am On Jun 03, 2018
teeezy00:
Squad

No Aina cry cry

Sad for Aina because his devotion can not be doubted. However, he is not up to par for the role. The right back role is saturated. Wish him the best and I hope he comes back strong for the AFCON qualifiers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:54am On Jun 03, 2018
Final 23

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:57am On Jun 03, 2018
tbaba1234:

He was making excuses for Shehu which is normal but his praise for Ebuehi was enough for me to believe, he is considering starting Ebuehi.
It is not about praising Ebuehi is better remember i rated Shehu ahead but with what i saw against Congo and England even a blind will start Ebuehi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3882) (3883) (3884) (3885) (3886) (3887) (3888) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christology(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.