Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,532 members, 7,823,313 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3938) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11720438 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3935) (3936) (3937) (3938) (3939) (3940) (3941) ... (16166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I rate Morocco as Africa's strongest team going to Russia only just behind Nigeria's Super Eagles. Senegal is third in my books.

Morocco with Karim El-Ahmadi, Hakim Ziyech, Boussoufa and even Sofyan Amrabat and Amine Hadit are quite beautiful to watch in the middle of the pack leading up to their final third... But they have never produced magic like Nigeria's passing game as seen in this short video below...

Look at the super quick, delightfully delightful and beautiful one touch passing chain for that Nigeria's third goal again... Just Awesome. I can watch it a million times...

Ndidi = Nacho = Mikel = Iwobi = Back to Nacho= Idowu = Goal!

All with quick movements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPTsufkJfKw

This was like 5 matches ago. We need to move on to

I get am before no be property

What has happened to such passing game since then if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owbabs: 1:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
tbaba1234:
Rohr's starting line up is actually quite smart as he can easily switch from 4-3-3 to 3-5-2 during a game. You do not need to wait till half time if a system is not working.
Good job for noticing this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 1:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
kennysville:

I dont know where you are from, but kindly stay off my mentions and I will do the same for yours....
If you must know why, then lemme spell it out. At the rate u going, its a matter of time before insults start flying.... I have answers for every thing you have to say. Trust me.

God bless

Hehehehe

Cry baby
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
darkelf:

I dislike it when peeps make reference to argies match DT was played November last year grin grin

Y not make reference to England, Congo,Serbia matches... Let's move ahead abeg cool

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chilex9: 1:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
Pls anyone with a link for the match. Person dey office and na live link e go fit use watch am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 1:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
krattoss:
u don't have the right over ur mentions as no one has right over ur comments..
Gerrit undecided

tell the kid in a man body
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 1:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Moses collect ur wife? so if u be coach u will bench player like Moses. I swear u will get sacked.
Na text message dem go take sack am sef
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:25pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:

I agree bro, I want him to play in the midfield today not left Centre back, he doesn't have the pace.

But balogun also doesn't have the pace.

I feel omeruo should start ahead balogun so that we can also see what he brings to the table

It might also help his confidence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:27pm On Jun 06, 2018
Did you read where this dialogue between me and Hon.Chriskels emanated from? Now therein lies the problem on your part... Misunderstanding the point being driven home.

With the pass masters in our team on show we produced that magic, we haven't seen such again because we have never played them together again ever since... Gerrit?

I am sure my long essay answer to Chriskel's question on this passing ish will help you understand where I came from with what you quoted. Try to understand a discussion's origin before just jumping in to score laughably cheap points. It helps a lot and saves lots of energy. Merci.

darkelf:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
nelszx:

The word of the elders
Only Shehu hasn't featured in the 3-5-2 system yet

Shehu played against Argentina in the first half.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 1:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:

When Mikel was displaying such attitude, I was one of those championing for Femi Ajilore to replace him. In fact I wanted Mikel ground in a grinding machine for biting the finger that fed him.

Dude I spare no one I dont bleeping care what your opinion is over how I feel. So bleep off

your opinion don't count too you know...so shove your opinion up your ass
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:32pm On Jun 06, 2018

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 1:32pm On Jun 06, 2018
Super eagles friendly games so far:

Nigeria vs corsica

0 : 0

Nigeria vs senegal

1 : 1

luxembourg vs Nigeria 1:3

Nigeria vs Argentina 4:2

Poland vs Nigeria 0:1

Nigeria vs serbia 0:2

Nigeria vs Dr Congo 1:1

England vs Nigeria 2:1

Recent form: W W L D L
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:33pm On Jun 06, 2018
Rockyrascal:
Super eagles friendly games so far:

Nigeria vs corsica

0[b] :[/b] 0

Nigeria vs senegal

1 : 1

luxembourg vs Nigeria 1:3

Nigeria vs Argentina 4:2

Poland vs Nigeria 0:1

Nigeria vs serbia 0:2

Nigeria vs Dr Congo 1:1

England vs Nigeria 2:1

Recent form: W W L D L

We beat Togo 3:0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Did you read where this dialogue between me and Hon.Chriskels emanated from? Now therein lies the problem on your part... Misunderstanding the point being driven home.

With the pass masters in our team on show we produced that magic, we haven't seen such again because we have never played them together again ever since... Gerrit?

I am sure my long essay answer to Chriskel's question on this passing ish will help you understand where I came from with what you quoted. Try to understand a discussion's origin before just jumping in to score laughably cheap points. It helps a lot and saves lots of energy. Merci.

I only asked a simple question bros but with the way you answered with such bitterness, did I offend you before?

Besides, it's laughable that you think I'll try to score worthless points on a faceless forum meant for discussion and enlightenment.

I am not that petty sir and in fact I enjoy some of your analysis but please try and keep the bitterness on a low-key . Alright??

Merci
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
nelszx:

The word of the elders
Only Shehu hasn't featured in the 3-5-2 system yet
he has. He failed woefully
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nextlevel2222: 1:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
Pls guys which channels of gotv showing the match or online streaming link
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
safarigirl:
he has. He failed woefully

Sorry please was it in the match against Argentina?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

You can ask the winger to track back and help the wing back. Not the defensive midfielder pushing forward. The point is so simple. Onazi pushing up repeatedly exposed us. Finito.

Gerrit?

I'm done with that onazi talk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
It is not a question of bitterness. It is only a question of you having done this before now. Please and please try to understand the origin of a conversation. It helps maintain discussion flow and avoid taking people off-tangent...

I was hammering on the passing beauty in the presence of the Super Eagles top pass masters and you just came in from no where asking an off-tangent question. Even saying we should move on from the Argie game.... You just didn't understand and that is why you jumped in and spilled off-tangent comments. This is not about "I get am before"... It is about our team having a weapon we have only utilised once. A team with Mikel, Ndidi, Iwobi, Nacho and Ogu starting at the exact same time will always produce that magic... This is what Chriskels and I were discussing .... The pass masters suited for such passing system is what I was stressing and my reference to the Argentine game is because that is rje only time we saw them all in action together.... Gerrit?

And I really don't wanna know if you enjoy my analysis Mister. I only will appreciate if you can quote me in line with what I am driving home and not trying to say or insinuate stuffs I am not harping on at all. Like I said... It is something you have done before and more than twice with others. I really hope you can take note. Bye.

darkelf:

I only asked a simple question bros but with the way you answered with such bitterness, did I offend you before?

Besides, it's laughable that you think I'll try to score worthless points on a faceless forum meant for discussion and enlightenment.

I am not that petty sir and in fact I enjoy some of your analysis but please try and keep the bitterness on a low-key . Alright??

Merci
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
According to my master algorithm, I have predicted that Czech wouldn't score a goal today. Just hope Nigeria can capitalise.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
Martz101:

i had to watch that game, Croatia is not that wonderful, they don't seem to understand them self that much. they will rely more on individual brilliance

There was no individuality Vs Brazil o. They keep things simple by defending well and Brazil had to extra press to score two goals. we have to � their strengths if we wana convincingly get 3points from them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
Liverpool are considering a £10m move for Nigerian winger Moses Simon, 22, from Gent.

Source:
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-simon-moses-transfer-gent-14748525

O pari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hensben(m): 1:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
Pls I need link wey go show the match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
It is not a question of bitterness. It is only a question of you having done this before now. Please and please try to understand the origin of a conversation. It helps maintain discussion flow and avoid taking people off-tangent...

I was hammering on the passing beauty in the presence of the Super Eagles tip pass masters and tpu just came in from no where asking an off-tangent question. Even saying we should move on from the Argie game.... You just didn't understand and that is why you jumped in and spilled off-tangent comments. This is not about "I get am before"... It is about our team having a weapon we have only utilised once. A team with Mikel, Ndidi, Iwobi, Nacho and Ogu starting at the exact same time will always produce that magic... This is what Chriskels and I were discussing .... The pass masters suited for such passing system is what I was stressing and my reference to the Argentine game is because that is rje only time we saw them all in action together.... Gerrit?

And I really don't wanna know if you enjoy my analysis Mister. I only will appreciate if you can quote me in line with what I am driving home and not trying to say or insinuate stuffs I am not harping on at all. Like I said... It is something you have done before and more than twice with others. I really hope you can take note. Bye.

Wow. What a long epistle just for a simple question.

Alright bro, even though I don't agree with the bolded, all your points are duly noted. Besides, this is a friendly question from one fan to another and I don't want us to descend into another round of arguments.

I really hope you can take note too. Bye
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
TheLoneCitizen:
According to my master algorithm, I have predicted that Czech wouldn't score a goal today. Just hope Nigeria can capitalise.

Lol bros. Please run to before some bet9ja people waylay you for road.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
@ Thesupernerd, I get your point, but I can't cut Moses any slack now, sorry. No one doubts what he can or can't do, but it's sickening that he keeps trying that only for the GWG and is a team player when he is telling Chelsea. I can't take such an attitude esp when someone is better places to get a goal than he is.

Even if it is Aki and Pawpaw that are better placed than he is, let him pass to them. Must we wait until Iwobi eclipse him before he wakes up?

See what team playing brings.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
darkelf:

Sorry please was it in the match against Argentina?
yes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 1:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
tbaba1234:

We beat Togo 3:0
I didn't realize that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:50pm On Jun 06, 2018
daveP:

There was no individuality Vs Brazil o. They keep things simple by defending well and Brazil had to extra press to score two goals. we have to � their strengths if we wana convincingly get 3points from them.
we don't want to convincingly get 3 points from them. We just want 3 points, anyhow it comes cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
safarigirl:
yes

Okay thanks sis

Was arguing with someone over this issue last week
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 1:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
Let me join you guys here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3935) (3936) (3937) (3938) (3939) (3940) (3941) ... (16166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.