Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11705478 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4385) (4386) (4387) (4388) (4389) (4390) (4391) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2018
darkelf:

No sir, we insist on ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE or nothing more
My man have you asked yourself why people always present court affidavits instead of their original birth certificates.

A lot dumped their birth certificates and used court affidavits to beat down their age.

And funny enough NPC issue birth certificate without even asked for any documents.

Truly original birth certificate should be the answer but not in Nigeria.

Oh you have not seen a scenario where you are the youngest and also the oldest cos you have original birth certificate but others have court affidavits to back things up.

It happened to me before in my working place.In our set those with original birth certificates are the oldest cos others tendered court affidavits to support their new age.

The bubble burst when my company HR requested for primary school certificate.Some said they don't have it but my HR said just bring any primary school term result.

At the end the HR was summoned to Abuja and that was the end.

Imagine a graduate of 6 years ago playing for U 21 with birth certificate from NPC which foreign countries recognize as real birth certificate with just attestation from MOFA

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
ChrisKels:

No where in that link did it state that onyedinma turned down an approach from Watford in contrast to ur earlier claim that he turned down Watford to remain in millwall. Bro like I said, there was no bid and when his contract ran out at millwall, Watford never invited him to offer him any contract, hence he resigned for millwall.

Ur claim that he turned down Watford is way off the mark.

You simply have no idea what you are talking about.

Do you really think it's everything that gets to the pages of newspapers. Do you know how many contracts are offered but not signed.

So when a player decline my offer I should run to the media or keep quite and look elsewhere.

Don't begin to talk about what you have absolutely no idea about, beyond what you read in the papers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2018
Chrismario:

These things you put up there is more of 'Akuko'. Don't blame coach for his predicament. He should sought things and try other club if he's that good.

He is not in any predicament.

He is just not playing the role that would enable him express his abilities more, that's all.

Last season 2016/17 Aluko was the best AM in the championship moved to Reading for near £10 million. This season Reading who were in the playoffs was now facing relegation. As the club faced misfortune so also do the players. However, that doesn't mean Aluko is no longer good just the team set up.

The best central defender in the championship this season statistically speaking played for Reading. That's Liam Moore his price £15 million.

Millwall is not a bad club I just don't like the current style of football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2018
Certitude:

I don't take that bench warming talk seriously. The World Cup highest scorer of all time was at one time of his career a benchwarmer.

I agree with you bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2018
Joebie:
Players go through different handlers that may affect their progress. Does he think such predicament is only experienced
By the the UK based players? Granted, he only knows about the UK based players. But that’s where bias come in. He should also open his mind to the possibility of similar things happening to other players plying their trades in the so called backwater leagues. To have a level playing ground, put behind the “ifs” and the “what ifs”, and judge based on what actually took place on the pitch from one matchday to the other.

If I'm talking about players struggling for multiple reasons. If I'm talking about English leagues and it's football players and from a standpoint of knowledge not just hearsay or the media . But in most cases from first direct contact.

I don't have that same level of rapport with regards to the Bundesliga, Seria A and or La Liga. Would it not be sheer stupidity for me to comment. Or do you want me to be like you guys relying on hearsay and media stories.

At no time have I said that the challenges that players face for instance, manager player relationship break downs or contention is unique to England.

So where on earth are you getting this deduction from see the bold.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2018
Icon79:
Same here. Methinks, he sees it as one step toward the EPL. Our players are obsessed with the EPL for a reason that I cannot understand shocked

O pari

From talking to a few Nigerian international who have played in France Belgium and Germany.

They all said to me the excitement the speed the opportunity to test yourself in what they called the most competitive league in the World.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2018
pelezico:
The problem is not the manager but the country. You cannot ignore the obvious problems that have plagued Nigeria socially and economically for years and think that Nigeria can magically do well at the WC. Our league needs a massive overhauling to turn it into a PRODUCT that earns CAPITAL. It must be run efficiently so that the standard of Nigerian football within Nigeria gets better and becomes more competitive. Nigeria locals ought to be scrambling to play in the Nigerian league not looking for the out of Nigeria route.

Only then can Nigerian football unleash the kind of football players we once had. Van Gal will not help Nigeria because we have nothing in place that he can work with. We have no youth system thats productive yet we somehow win the youth WC cup which ought to say that Nigeria has the raw talent more so than any country in the world but we do not have the structure to get them to WC standard beyond 17.

So unless the manager comes in and does the impossible and radically changes the league, youth program then lets just forget it

Fantastic input and I agree with you wholeheartedly. We lack the institution to develop a large pool of high quality players to build the kind of team the Super Eagles is capable of producing. However, I feel we can improvise and work with what we have on ground to give us a bit of quality to challenge for laurels at the highest stages of the game.

Our structure in the past was not prolific or did we have the structure on ground to produce high range of quality players. Yet, Westerhoff was able to work with it to unearth gems we were proud of.

Keep in mind Amokachi was still in his mid teens when Westerhoff discovered him and was able to build a top star down the years.

I feel with the right manager, free hand, open system of screening the very best, both local and abroad, we can unearth special gems to build a solid team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2018
elyte89:

D German national team dt were outsed out d group stage played,deir 1st 11 played mostly all d minutes in dis past season

Nigeria case was just ill-luck and to some extent d coach tactics,if not,I c no reason y we shldnt qualify to d 2nd round at least cool

Luck plays a role in a major tourney wen u match a team tactically,technically and quality wise wit other factors such as hunger,team unity and physical fitness....d germans are not d first defending champions to bow out in d first round and shuld not be a refernce point here....d team av attained d highest acheivement and wud naturally not av dis same hunger as our young team wu shud be motivated to make a name for demselves....secondly,teams study defending champions a lot.... dia system,dia style of play and dia key players et al and figure out how to beat dem hence dey are mostly vulnerable....we lost against a shitty and aging argentine team due to a host of of factors luck being d lowest in d pecking order!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:35pm On Jul 08, 2018
Humility017:

Franco-German yusuf...got me laughing hard.

rohr had the opportunity to make name for himself...
but messed it up.
but we just have to keep up with him..because he will help us unearth some of the foreign born indigenous coaches can't reach.....how I wish a brillant coach like yusuf was...he would have been helpful

indigenous coaches like siasia and amuneke will still messed it up with their biased selection.....so better we stick to rohr...he is the foreign coach we can afford at the moment...
Sir are you still on unearthing FB players.

Pls forget that,Rohr should just update himself technically or get a solid assistant cos at WC he was naive and always lost when it matter most.

On indigenous coaches being biased?well you are right but is Rohr not biased taking players to WC on loyalties.

Honestly not really convinced with Rohr cos what eagles need now is tactical coach not just unearth FB for us cos i remember Stephen Keshi brought in Leon Balogun,Ekong Troost,Ameobi,Hope Akpan.Also Siasia made it possible for Iwobi,Anichebe and Aluko and Oliseh gave us Carl Ikeme.

I want Rohr to continue based on build up but he need a very solid tactical assistants just like Westerhoff/Bonfrere, Keshi/Sylvanus Okpala and Siasia/Kalika.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:40pm On Jul 08, 2018
Kog45:
Yes chief we will continue to lag behind in Africa especially Nigeria cos of age factor.A graduate of 5 years ago playing for U 20 says a lot.

It's high time we correct the abnormality by just requesting for primary school cert or ordinary primary school terms results with this age falsification will come to an end.

The younger the better to learn new tactics of the game,just check out new Waec results,14-15 years pupils have the best results.

The only way out is having right age for our underaged teams and not getting players who are above with 5 years of stipulated age for our teams.

MRI is not the solution cos just too glaring we are not getting it right save for our WC qualification,Nigeria football has been in static mode since 2014.

When I said that MRI is only indicative some too know people deh follow me argue, as if they ate the only ones that went to school.

It's Simon I discussed with s senior radiographer at a university teaching hospital in Liverpool. This was when I had an ACL reconstruction on my left knee.

Furthermore, there are several published journals on the subject.

But the final issue unfortunately is that in case of Nigeria if there is a will we will find a way. All systems rely on the integrity of personal, the equipment is only as good as the operators.

We are Nigerians we know ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
My respect and rating for the English team rose after their first half display against Nigeria during the Wembley friendly.

How ever Croatia will be a tough nut for them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:47pm On Jul 08, 2018
asha80:
to be honest this English team has something going for them that other English team in recent past didn't have.. unity, drive and passion to perform for the country.

I will be brutally honest and unashamedly biased.

Overwhelming number of black players who have skill and pace, half the outfield players in the team are black.

Dele Alli, Lingard, Rueben Loftus-Cheek, Marcus Rashford, Raheem. These players bring the much needed skill, technical ability and panacea.

Otherwise England usually has a majority of carpenters type predictable players.

If Gomez didnt get Injured he would be in this team.

There is now rice and peas plus jerk children and a smattering of pounded yam with okro on the menu. No longer just pie and bland chips
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

People should praise this boy because they sure would have bashed him if he accepted

Actually I would advise him to accept the money and settle. He is not going to be a world class striker his career may have peeked.

He is now 26 the possibility exists of football age. Which means his competitive playing time is limited and he should get as much £££ as he can get, before its all over.

Unfortunately he never got a chance to impress and show us what he cam do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

Me too... I want France but England is looking real after winning under 17 and under 20...

Croatia should work very hard cos Russia might shock them...

See Croatia wining though...

Can I ask you a question birthed from deep seated bias.

What do you see as the essential Ingredient that brought those victories into being❓ may I ask.

All in the last year plus literally.

England is becoming like France and who has been pushing that change in mentality Gareth Southgate.

Sam Allardyce would never do what Southgate is doing for sure.

England ate in the best position living football memory to win it.

On paper I can not see Croatia beating England or can you.

Take away Modric and what's left in terms of top level quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2018
edi287:

I hope not. Nacho should know that time waits for no one. Like play, like play, that U17 tournament was 5 years ago. Slowly he'll lose that "golden ball" hype he had.

It's only here we talk of U17 as if it's conclusive evidence of World class quality. Present and future.

I can not count how many former England U17's are playing non league football and or working in Tesco. Within the last 10 years.

I have been having this argument with regards to Osimhen and Nwakali brother's the only one on an upwards progression is Awoniyi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2018
AIG07:
World Cup is not meant for a team full of professional bench warmers.

Our players lack of playing time at their various clubs affected them at the World Cup. We are not known for ball possession. A team that doesn't play possessive style must be agile. Cos they will expend more energy chasing every ball. Cover more distance and have the ball less which can be frustrating at the same time.

The bitter truth is this-we wouldn't have stand any chance of progressing beyond the round of 16 even if we had qualified ahead of Argentina.

Our players struggled to play 90Mins football. 90% of them gases out at the 70th minute. They become so tired that they Struggle to keep./hold on to the final minute. It was really glaring through out our friendlies and the world cup matches.

The few that performed were those playing regular 90mins for their clubs e.g Musa thanks to his CSKA move, Ebuehi, Etebo, Moses and Mikel to some extent.

I tthink we need to tell ourselves the plain truth. Players warming the bench are not good for competitive matches. Moses was the culprit in 2014. But this year, it wasn't one or two players but almost the whole team.

To win, you must be ready to play 120min football see Croatia see Russia see Belgium, see France see England 90% of their players are 90mins regular players at their clubs. The agility required for this stage is there and so, they can all go on to play 120mins football and that's one of the reason they are in the Semis.

The World Cup is not for the faint hearted. Team spirit is good but not enough. There is nothing they can do even when the spirit is willing but the body is weak. They will have no option than to give in.

We need to get rid/minimize the numbers of bench warmers in our national team. Players, irrespective of who they are, where they play, not clocking atleast 70mins football week in week out don't deserve to be in the national team.

*MODIFIED*
This in return will make the players sit up and bend down. We need to stop encouraging mediocrity.

We took a permanent bench cleaner in a second division in Echiejile to World Cup thinking Miracle will happen over night. We were counting on Kelechi, a player who barely clocked a 1000min for his club as a back up striker for one that has been on goal drought since God knows when.
We were hoping for Miracle from Uzoho a relatively newbie who is still an apprentice to save us.
We had bench of pregnant players, half fit/injury prone ones.

We are a joke for thinking we can pull a surprise.

The national Team is not meant to groom players. No. If you are not performing at your club or playing as a starter kindly stay out.

Playing time is very important in modern day soccer. Loew made a great mistake starting Neuer as first choice goalkeeper. The guy wasn't at his best and so couldn't keep his poor team in the competition. Enough of all this training performances. Match day actions are miles different from training performances.

Our technical committee needs to step up their game. Sit Rohr down and talk some sense into him. get a sound coach as assistant for him and if he is not willing to change he should go four years is not far let the planning begins.

Agreed without one iota of reservation and seconded with a loud voice to the NFF.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 6:34pm On Jul 08, 2018
eazyjakes:

Luck plays a role in a major tourney wen u match a team tactically,technically and quality wise wit other factors such as hunger,team unity and physical fitness....d germans are not d first defending champions to bow out in d first round and shuld not be a refernce point here....d team av attained d highest acheivement and wud naturally not av dis same hunger as our young team wu shud be motivated to make a name for demselves....secondly,teams study defending champions a lot.... dia system,dia style of play and dia key players et al and figure out how to beat dem hence dey are mostly vulnerable....we lost against a shitty and aging argentine team due to a host of of factors luck being d lowest in d pecking order!
The shitty Argentine team put 3 behind France.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:38pm On Jul 08, 2018
komekn:

Actually I would advise him to accept the money and settle. He is not going to be a world class striker his career may have peeked.

He is now 26 the possibility exists of football age. Which means his competitive playing time is limited and he should get as much £££ as he can get, before its all over.

Unfortunately he never got a chance to impress and show us what he cam do.

So basically he should forget about the national team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
Former Akwa united and CHAN midfielder Afeez Aremu scored the winner for his club IK Start in Norway.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:18pm On Jul 08, 2018
Oasis007:
grin

The Thread would never stop being amazing. How is England a Cheat for God's sake?! They won U17 World Cup, won U20 World Cup, and in the Semi-Final of the senior World Cup now......... are they Coincidence?!

England is building a Project to Perfection. They did their Home-work before every Competition, and the Preparation is panning out positively for them.

Both Belgium and England have one thing in Common..... 3 - 5 - 2 Formation and pure attacking Football with Pace. They are tactically setup and disciplined. Each Player knows his Role on the Pitch and doing it closer to perfection.

Let's take England as an Instance; Kyle Walker is playing in a 3-Man Defence and he's excelling there. Who saw it coming?! Whoever imagine Young would be a starter for England at the Mundial?! Raheem partnering Kane in a two-Man Attack?! These are pre-planned Tactics, and are absolutely working for the Team at the Mundial.

Belgium on the other also plan well for the World Cup. Has Chadli ever played as a Wing-back?! So far he's being fantastic in the Role. Until the Quarter Final Game, KDB was playing as a deep-lying Playmaker cum B2B Midfielder, and he was doing fine in the Role.

Mertens was a Starter ahead of Fellaini but the Lineup was tweaked against Brazil and it worked absolutely fine for the Team. Guess we realized KDB played as a false 9 while both Lukaku and Hazard play as inverted Wingers in their last Match.

These are real modern Coaches that know their Onions, unlike Rohr who had to be pressured by the Media, Pundits and Fans that 3 - 5 - 2 Formation is the Deal, and best suited Players at his Disposal.

There is something very apparent in this World Cup and peculiar to the Teams in the Semi-Final, tactical superiority wins the Games. We are in 21st Century, hence football has changed to Science completely.

In fairness, Gernot Rohr is very Dumb. He's not better in any way than the Local Coaches especially Siasia and perhaps Amuneke. He's simply a German-Franco version of Salisu Yusuf.

NFF did everything to prepare the Team for the Mundial. Arranged series of Friendly Matches, even with top Teams - England, Serbia, Chile and Co.

Lobbied with CAF Board to cancel the AFCON Qualifiers slated for March to ensure no Injury is recorded amongst the Teams representing the Continent, so what was the Result? Failure!

Even a Twerp could figure out during the Friendlies that 3 - 5 - 2 Formation would have taken us far in the Competition. Also playing Moses as a Wing-back instead of Playmaker and Mikel as a DM would have been the right Calls.

Was the Muppet really in control of the Team at the Mundial? I doubt it! Coz to me he's more a Puppet to the big Guns in the Squad.

If wanna eat a Frog, we should it a Kind with Eggs. If we wanna hire a foreign Coach, I advise we go for the best, not just a white Man born in Europe with no tangible Record of Success in the Game of Round Leather.
The friendlies were a warning sign that Rohr might choke...we chose to ignore it and claim we'd show up.
In as much as we weren't favorites to get out of the group, Rohr's in game management especially against Argentina killed us. I'll never ever forgive him for letting Argentina bring in Pavon and Aguero and he just kept quiet forgetting he has a 31 year old Mikel in midfield and his LB was getting tag teamed.
His indecision and Ighalo killed us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:21pm On Jul 08, 2018
komekn:

What do you see as the essential Ingredient that brought those victories into being❓ may I ask.

England is becoming like France and who has been pushing that change in mentality Gareth Southgate.

[/b]Take away Modric and what's left in terms of top level quality[b].
Rakitic and Kovacic are better than all the English midfielders.
Though I do think England's pace and movement might be too much for their defence. It'll be an interesting game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2018
Kog45:
Sir are you still on unearthing FB players.

Pls forget that,Rohr should just update himself technically or get a solid assistant cos at WC he was naive and always lost when it matter most.

On indigenous coaches being biased?well you are right but is Rohr not biased taking players to WC on loyalties.

Honestly not really convinced with Rohr cos what eagles need now is tactical coach not just unearth FB for us cos i remember Stephen Keshi brought in Leon Balogun,Ekong Troost,Ameobi,Hope Akpan.Also Siasia made it possible for Iwobi,Anichebe and Aluko and Oliseh gave us Carl Ikeme.

I want Rohr to continue based on build up but he need a very solid tactical assistants just like Westerhoff/Bonfrere, Keshi/Sylvanus Okpala and Siasia/Kalika.

you need cut off those your expectations on rohr...because the old man always look for ways to defend his failures....

he has never accept responsiblity for his team abysmal play...always looking for an excuse to give.

you wrote true up there....but I doubt if rohr will take heed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2018
edi287:

The friendlies were a warning sign that Rohr might choke...we chose to ignore it and claim we'd show up.
In as much as we weren't favorites to get out of the group, Rohr's in game management especially against Argentina killed us. I'll never ever forgive him for letting Argentina bring in Pavon and Aguero and he just kept quiet forgetting he has a 31 year old Mikel in midfield and his LB was getting tag teamed.
His indecision and Ighalo killed us

grin

You are very spot on Bruh! I keep wondering why the Franco-German Salisu Yusuf didn't make any positive move to kill the Game?!

He should have at least changed the Formation to 5 - 4 - 1 or 4 - 5 - 1 to cut off Argies Wing plays, choked the middle, lessen the Pressure on the Defence and as well switched the Tactics to defensive Mode.

But he was standing like a Pole on the Side Line with no Clue of what to be done to salvage the Point. No matter what Anyone says, I can't ever be convinced Rohr is tactically good, he's simply a lucky Dumbass, and he's building nothing!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:40pm On Jul 08, 2018
Kog45:
My man have you asked yourself why people always present court affidavits instead of their original birth certificates.

A lot dumped their birth certificates and used court affidavits to beat down their age.

And funny enough NPC issue birth certificate without even asked for any documents.

Truly original birth certificate should be the answer but not in Nigeria.

Oh you have not seen a scenario where you are the youngest and also the oldest cos you have original birth certificate but others have court affidavits to back things up.

It happened to me before in my working place.In our set those with original birth certificates are the oldest cos others tendered court affidavits to support their new age.

The bubble burst when my company HR requested for primary school certificate.Some said they don't have it but my HR said just bring any primary school term result.

At the end the HR was summoned to Abuja and that was the end.

Imagine a graduate of 6 years ago playing for U 21 with birth certificate from NPC which foreign countries recognize as real birth certificate with just attestation from MOFA

was the HR sacked?
the problem wit nigerians...is that they think only those in corridors of power are corrupt.

any individual who could engage in age falsification is as corrupt as corruption itself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SharpJoe: 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2018
komekn:

It's only here we talk of U17 as if it's conclusive evidence of World class quality. Present and future.

I can not count how many former England U17's are playing non league football and or working in Tesco. Within the last 10 years.

I have been having this argument with regards to Osimhen and Nwakali brother's the only one on an upwards progression is Awoniyi.

I wonder how on this thread you U17 as conclusive evidence of quality. No one ever wrote that here. It is a clear fact it is a sign of potential and it takes a long road of hard work and dedication to achieve success. Even the best players with high potential need to work hard and persevere to achieve greatness.

So the talk of conclusive evidence is clearly not true. You can make your point without trying to slander with untrue points.

The age grade competition is a good base for identifying and developing quality talents. Not all will make it and with dedication and hard work, some will excel. That is what we hope from our age grade players.

By the way, it is not a coincidence that most of the players of the Belgian national team played age grade football. With a good league, we can raise a pool of quality players through age grade competitions.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
Most tackles + interceptions at the #WorldCup so far
�R. Zobnin -- 34 #RUS �N. Kanté -- 29 #FRA �W. Ndidi -- 27 #NGA
https:///BINmTx7nUa https:///dTVWH97kPM

Ndidi left in d group stage!!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:01pm On Jul 08, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

You are very spot on Bruh! I keep wondering why the Franco-German Salisu Yusuf didn't make any positive move to kill the Game?!

He should have at least changed the Formation to 5 - 4 - 1 or 4 - 5 - 1 to cut off Argies Wing plays, choked the middle, lessen the Pressure on the Defence and as well switched the Tactics to defensive Mode.

But he was standing like a Pole on the Side Line with no Clue of what to be done to salvage the Point. No matter what Anyone says, I can't ever be convinced Rohr is tactically good, he's simply a lucky Dumbass, and he's building nothing!

If u ask me,this world cup was supposed to be our best ever... in terms of preparation and the type of players we took, we were supposed to do better than that...we lost d first and last games due to Rohr stupidity...
Well its past now... our focus should b on the AFCON qualifier.. we can't afford to miss out again..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:50pm On Jul 08, 2018
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Deportivo La Coruña starlet Mujaid Sadick Aliu is set to spark an international tug-of-war between three two African giants and a European powerhouse in the near future.

Born March 14, 2000 in Logroño, a city in northern Spain, to Nigerian and Ghanaian parents, the central defender can represent the Super Eagles, Black Stars and 2010 world champions Spain.

Aliu became the youngest player of Nigerian descent to debut in the strongest league in the world, La Liga, when he made his professional debut for Deportivo La Coruña aged 18 years, 1 month and 28 days, beating the record previously held by Isaac Success in the process.

He played the last fifteen minutes of Deportivo de La Coruña's 4-2 loss to Villarreal on May 12, 2018 before manager Clarence Seedorf handed him his full debut the following weekend against Valencia on the final day of last season.

Nigeria's Olympic Team coach Salisu Yusuf has to lot of work to do to convince Aliu to play for the Dream Team VII ahead of the 2019 Africa U-23 Cup of Nations and All-Africa Games qualifiers as the center back presently represents Spain's youth teams.

Aliu helped Spain U18s to win last month's Mediterranean Games after earning caps for Spain U17s squad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:53pm On Jul 08, 2018
Bunique:
reading through this thread i just feel most Nigerians are ingrates. we forget so easily and are very quick to over hype our abilities. i will not forget the general atmosphere of our football before Rohr took over. look at the teams still at the tournament check where their players play compare that with our players.
many persons here before the world cup had no problem with Ighalo making the squad so why the insult on Rohr for taking Ighalo? tactics did not take us out rather our players failed and many persons here were happy with the players selected for the world cup. please let's move on and learn to appreciate because with this attitude no coach would want to work with us.
may God bless you, tho Rhor has his own fault especially for his poor game management against Argentina, but the kind abuse people dey give him for this thread is shocking, seems most have forgotten Rhor is the reason most people have started following the super eagles again, when the qualifiers draw was made how many people could have predicted we'll qualify? now people are talking like we can even win the
cup, even with Mourinho and Pep as coach we no go reach quarter final that French side go beat us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 10:54pm On Jul 08, 2018
Just saw a picture of 20 years Etebo with his alleged wife and child on front page.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
komekn:

Take away Modric and what's left in terms of top level quality.
really? England don't even have any midfielder with rakitic talent

(1) (2) (3) ... (4385) (4386) (4387) (4388) (4389) (4390) (4391) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Yachambliss(m), daveP(m), delightchamp, Christology(m), Marjoribanks and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.