Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Why The Super Eagles Crashed Out. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why The Super Eagles Crashed Out. (360 Views)

Happy MMM Survival Day. It Crashed Exactly Today A Year Ago / The Super Eagles And The 2018 World Cup. / Ambulance Conveying Corpse Crashed In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why The Super Eagles Crashed Out. by mrprezident007(m): 9:04am On Mar 30, 2016
Since our lost to Egypt and eventual non qualification for the AFCON next year, many Nigerians have been apportioning blame to anyone they feel disappointed them, from the coach to players and even the Kaduna pitch!! I was having an interesting chat with a die hard Super Eagles fan I met on Palmchat, I explained to her that we lost due to the following :

1) Lack of organisation.
Nigeria is the only country that played 3 qualification matches with 3 different coaches and 3 different captains, 3 different formation scoring 3 goals from 3 different players. In football consistency is key.

2)Poor funding.
Oliseh said that he used his money to support the players during training and provided other neccecities, Nigeria is the only country that will owe a coach they proudly call the Guardiola of Africa and still expect him to win.

3) Internal politicking and ego clash
Why did Oliseh relieve Enyeama of his captaincy duties? Especially when he just lost his mum and was grieving. Oliseh of all people understand the importance of player power, but he refused to respect it. You cannot treat your captain in an abysmal way and expect the players to play with all their hearts.

4) NFF and politics
A crucial match like the Egypt game should have been played in a better pitch and under a better weather. What happened to Uyo, Calabar and Port Harcourt stadia? Oh! Those states are PDP states, so NFF decided to take the game to a hot region because Elrufai promised to take care of all the expenses.

Finally I would opine that neither the coaches ( Keshi , Oliseh, Siasia) nor the players are to be blamed for our loss. Siasia only covered the grave that Oliseh had dug. NFF is completely responsible for it, when the football body is in disarray or completely mismanaged, how do you expect the team to play well. If I were Amaju Pinick I would resign immediately!! I still love my Eagles and will always support them no matter the circumstance. #Myonekobo

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Has Travelled Out Of Nigeria ‘only 20%’ Of The Time He’s Been President / Handling Loneliness. / Ruggedman Urges Entertainers To Share Their Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.