Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

A Worthy Soldier Goes Home. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Worthy Soldier Goes Home. (1297 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill A Soldier In Benue, Cut Off His Private Part (Photos) / Another Young Gallant Soldier Goes Home / 24hrs After Burial Of Soldiers, Another Soldier Goes Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Worthy Soldier Goes Home. by onadana: 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2016
As i stood by the grave side watching the military proceedings of late colonel Samaila Inusa.I was without feelings,i steeled myself of all
emotions.I thought i had seen my own fair share of death.The stench was pervasive,he has been missing three days.I took all into account
or so i thought my eyes wandering through the crowd until my eyes caught Iman his son(six or seven years old)right by the grave side in front
his eyes was fixed on the dad's corpse as he was lowered in the grave.That was too much for me i made a quick turn as i hurried away wiping
the tears as it came to my eyes.Why should he witness this,that picture will never leave his mind.Silently it was the right thing to do,it brings healing and he will be in a better position to explain to his little sister of four years in their own tone.As i hurried up the hill of the burial ground to make a quick getaway there i met Mrs Inusa surrounded by others.I had to brave up as she called my name.She was strong or so she thought,trying to smile and put up a brave face as she clung to her daughter.These are people i know.So i felt their pains.But like i told her she must live on,there is so much to live for.Those kids.The pains will never go away,no one can tell how she feels.But she must live on.The world will always remain cruel.A worthy soldier who did not died on the battle field,all the ambush,rockets,bombs,bullets only for life to be snuffed out so gruesomely.A thousand thoughts must have ran through his mind as he stared his killers in the eyes,he did not beg for his life as he knew it was inevitable the end has come.If he had any fear,it was his loved ones he was leaving behind.Colonel Samaila did not beg for mercy.He died a gallant soldier that he was.

To his killers i ask God to show you all mercy.My prayers for you all is to live forever.You will never die.:Live forever what better punishment.
Life is so futile.Leaving the battle field to die at home,having a successful operation and dying in the ward,being a professional swimmer and be drowned by water.We can go on and on.Rest in peace gallant soldier.

2 Likes

Re: A Worthy Soldier Goes Home. by doggedfighter(f): 10:45am On Sep 13, 2023
onadana:
As i stood by the grave side watching the military proceedings of late colonel Samaila Inusa.I was without feelings,i steeled myself of all
emotions.I thought i had seen my own fair share of death.The stench was pervasive,he has been missing three days.I took all into account
or so i thought my eyes wandering through the crowd until my eyes caught Iman his son(six or seven years old)right by the grave side in front
his eyes was fixed on the dad's corpse as he was lowered in the grave.That was too much for me i made a quick turn as i hurried away wiping
the tears as it came to my eyes.Why should he witness this,that picture will never leave his mind.Silently it was the right thing to do,it brings healing and he will be in a better position to explain to his little sister of four years in their own tone.As i hurried up the hill of the burial ground to make a quick getaway there i met Mrs Inusa surrounded by others.I had to brave up as she called my name.She was strong or so she thought,trying to smile and put up a brave face as she clung to her daughter.These are people i know.So i felt their pains.But like i told her she must live on,there is so much to live for.Those kids.The pains will never go away,no one can tell how she feels.But she must live on.The world will always remain cruel.A worthy soldier who did not died on the battle field,all the ambush,rockets,bombs,bullets only for life to be snuffed out so gruesomely.A thousand thoughts must have ran through his mind as he stared his killers in the eyes,he did not beg for his life as he knew it was inevitable the end has come.If he had any fear,it was his loved ones he was leaving behind.Colonel Samaila did not beg for mercy.He died a gallant soldier that he was.

To his killers i ask God to show you all mercy.My prayers for you all is to live forever.You will never die.:Live forever what better punishment.
Life is so futile.Leaving the battle field to die at home,having a successful operation and dying in the ward,being a professional swimmer and be drowned by water.We can go on and on.Rest in peace gallant soldier.

Onadana, how's mrs Inusa and her kids ?
Re: A Worthy Soldier Goes Home. by onadana: 11:08am On Sep 13, 2023
doggedfighter:

Onadana, how's mrs Inusa and her kids ?

They are fine thank you.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Richest Criminal In History Worth 30 Billion US Dollars / man mutilates neighbours head... graphic pics / Flying Bird Falls From Sky In Lagos, Reportedly Turns To An Old Woman (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.