Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,755 members, 7,955,871 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:33 PM

Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download (4604 Views)

The 3 Best Video Players On Android / Top 5 Best Smartphones Under ₦40,000 [3GB RAM, 13MP Camera] – June 2016 / Here Are Some Of The Best Android Shortcuts You’re Probably Not Using (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by henryobinna(m): 9:04am On Mar 31, 2016
Good day, as its my custom to share you top android games, top android apps and top android tips/tricks, today I bring you Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download.

Without Much waste of time lets see the apps and their features.

1. VLC for android

VLC media player is one of the best media players on PC with great features to match, of course it also has an android version and that is the VLC for android to extend the features of the VLC media player to android devices. These features are responsible for why it made it to the list of Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download.

Features Of VLC for Android Video Player APK

Plays all video formats.
supports both audio and video playbacks.
onscreen control for brightness control, volume.
No codec installation required.

Download VLC for android apk HERE

2. MX Player

As the MX player slogan says 'plays everything', MX player is one of the few android video players that made it to this list of top 5 best android video players and also plays everything. The MX player is a top video player just like the VLC player, it supports HD and also can be used to stream live matches with the WSS app.

Features of MX Player APK

Supports Network Streaming.
Great Video and audio enhancement.
Onscreen control features.
Supports subtitle.
Manual codec installation required for some video formats.

Download MX Player APK HERE

3. Dice Player

Dice player is another great android video player with awesome features too, reason it made it to the list.

Features of Dice Player APK

Hardware acceleration for smooth playback.
Supports all video formats and subtitles.
Supports great function and and its well designed.
Supports pop-up tray for seamless multitasking.

Download Dice Player APK HERE

4. MOBO Video Player

MOBO Video Player is another third party video player app that also made it to the list of Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download.

Features of MOBO Video Player APK

Supports all video formats.
Supports subtitle.
Steady video playback for online and offline play.
Supports floating window for multitasking.
Supports library management.
Nice UI for a better navigation.

Download MOBO Video Player APK HERE

5. RockPlayer2

RockPlayer2 has made playing all HD video formats including 720p, 1080p, 2K and 4K videos an easy task for low-end and android smartphones, for this features it's on the list of Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download.

Features Of RockPlayer2 Video Player APK

Supports Ultra HD video formats.
Supports Gestures.
Supports File Transfer Over Wi-Fi.

Download RockPlayer2 Video Player APK HERE

These are the top 5 android video players that made it to our list, feel free to suggest.

source: http://www.legitstuffs.com/2016/03/top-5-best-android-video-players-2016.html
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by Reeberry: 9:14am On Mar 31, 2016
MX player is the best.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by henryobinna(m): 9:38am On Mar 31, 2016
Reeberry:
MX player is the best.
no doubt MX player is nice android video players but others too are good.
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by Reeberry: 11:10am On Mar 31, 2016
henryobinna:
no doubt MX player is nice android video players but others too are good.

I didn't say others aren't good, I said MX player best them.
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by liljboy(m): 12:06pm On Mar 31, 2016
1. mx player pro
2.mx player pro
3.mx player pro
4. vlc
5.dice player

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by Kelklein(m): 4:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
OK the primary purpose of this thread
...they needed to market that RockPlayer2 so had to place it side by side with the big 'players' in Video Playback...well done!
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by henryobinna(m): 9:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
Kelklein:
OK the primary purpose of this thread
...they needed to market that RockPlayer2 so had to place it side by side with the big 'players' in Video Playback...well done!
you don't always need to 'suspect' things, sir.
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
Reeberry:
MX player is the best.

MX player use to be the best until it stopped supporting some codecs. Try playing a movie with the following audio codecs; AC3, MLP, DTS or Dolby and see that u won't get any audio. Though there are some walkarounds but it became complicated and u need to pay to get it support some codecs. VLC player is the best right now and it supports virtually all codecs.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by yomade007(m): 9:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
MX player is app of the year cool shocked kiss
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by encryptjay(m): 10:04pm On Mar 31, 2016
MX player has been so faithful
After MX player, I think VLC works fine for me.
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by Lawalmd(m): 10:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
MX player pro is number 1for me
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by aieromon(m): 11:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
greenhulk:

MX player use to be the best until it stopped supporting some codecs. Try playing a movie with the following audio codecs; AC3, MLP, DTS or Dolby and see that u won't get any audio. Though there are some walkarounds but it became complicated and u need to pay to get it support some codecs. VLC player is the best right now and it supports virtually all codecs.

There's a customised codec zip file to watch those file formats. You don't need to pay for anything. MX player still stands out amongst all android video players.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx-player/mx-player-custom-codec-dts-support-t2156254

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 31, 2016
aieromon:

There's a customised codec zip file to watch those file formats. You don't need to pay for anything. MX player still stands out amongst all android video players.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx-player/mx-player-custom-codec-dts-support-t2156254

I know there is a walkaround, but I want my stuffs to just work worhout any tweaking. As it is right now vlc is better than mx just because of that codec thingy
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by Reeberry: 11:57pm On Mar 31, 2016
greenhulk:

I won't doubt. MX player lacks audio quality.
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 01, 2016
Reeberry:

I won't doubt. MX player lacks audio quality.

I use to be a very big fan of mx player and it worked fine until I downloaded a movie from another website different from the one I normally use. The movie had an ac3 audio codec, played it on mx player and there was no audio. I was like Wtf, I almost deleted the movie but then I played it on my laptop and it worked fine. So I downloaded vlc player and dang it worked fine. Vlc player has everything mx player has including ability to add subtitle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by Glowstone(m): 2:24am On Apr 01, 2016
greenhulk:

I use to be a very big fan of mx player and it worked fine until I downloaded a movie from another website different from the one I normally use. The movie had an ac3 audio codec, played it on mx player and there was no audio. I was like Wtf, I almost deleted the movie but then I played it on my laptop and it worked fine. So I downloaded vlc player and dang it worked fine. Vlc player has everything mx player has including ability to add subtitle.

MX player actually plays subtitle.
-download the subtitle and move to the same folder as your movie
-rename it to the exact name of the movie ,e.g if the movie name is ''Ride-Along-1.mp4", the subtitle should be "Ride-Along-1.srt"
then open ur MX player it should play with subtitle

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by Glowstone(m): 3:12am On Apr 01, 2016
vlc got 10 million download on playstore
vlc beta gots 50million downloads on playstore ,that's a total of 60million downloads

MX player alone got 100 million downloads (I didn't check the pro), in my opinion MX player should top the list.
but I don't understand the playback feature ( thot videos would play from the last to the beginning?)

cool
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by Baroba(m): 5:41am On Apr 01, 2016
MX Player for me all day everyday..
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by samieiyke(m): 7:54am On Apr 01, 2016
1-8 : Mx player pro
9. Vlc
10. Dice
11. Etc (other)
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by KCode: 8:26am On Apr 01, 2016
The MX player works fine for me.
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 01, 2016
Glowstone:

MX player actually plays subtitle.
-download the subtitle and move to the same folder as your movie
-rename it to the exact name of the movie ,e.g if the movie name is ''Ride-Along-1.mp4", the subtitle should be "Ride-Along-1.srt"
then open ur MX player it should play with subtitle

I know this
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 01, 2016
Glowstone:
vlc got 10 million download on playstore
vlc beta gots 50million downloads on playstore ,that's a total of 60million downloads

MX player alone got 100 million downloads (I didn't check the pro), in my opinion MX player should top the list.
but I don't understand the playback feature ( thot videos would play from the last to the beginning?)

cool

That is because mx player has been around for a long time, stable version of vlc for Android Was only released in 2014
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by Reeberry: 1:13pm On Apr 01, 2016
greenhulk:

Totally agreed with you on this.
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by zeanslim(m): 6:50am On Jul 22, 2018
There are the best video player app for android mobile phones for free with their download links and features.

https://www.trendytechbuzz.com/2018/07/best-video-player-apps-for-android-phones.html
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by Waffarianman(m): 8:01am On Jul 22, 2018
Reeberry:
MX player is the best.

True talk bro. MX Plyer is a bomb
Re: Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2018
After Mx player, Na still Mx player.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Android Music Player With BPM & Crossfading Features / How To Activate 5GB Super Data For N1000 On MTN / Comparison Of Phone Flashing Softwares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.