Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

If You Must Know By Bisiebae - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / If You Must Know By Bisiebae (794 Views)

"48 Things You Probably Didn't Know" By The Sheddytalker / 20 Things You Must Know As A Human / 15+1 Things Writers Must Know To Make A Break- The Huffington Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Must Know By Bisiebae by Bisiebae(f): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2016
All rights reserved. Blah blah, don't plagiarize please.

PROLOGUE:
If you must know, its not a typical book, but kinda is. Its what can obviously happen, when you wanna run away from the world or sort. Tried to mix the foreign vibes and our mother land's, enjoy!

Chapter 1:

The sun shone into her room, her face was peaceful and innocent as she slept soundly in her bed. Her brown body wrapped around Mr Pooh, her teddy bear. Elizabeth's room was well arranged, a well made bed, a neatly arranged set of books by her shelf.
There was a knock. Elizabeth was unmoved, there was another bang.
"Elizabeth, it's time! wake up." A voice called.

"please, five more minu... mi.." She murmured as she fell asleep once again.
Her mother opened the door, and stood by the door frame.

"Our flight is by 10:00 am." Miss Adegbite checked her watch.

"Flight... whats a flig...?." She asked her eyes widened. "Yikes! new York, I've completely forgotten" The young lady ran into the bathroom.

Few minutes later, she was all ready for the trip. Her natural hair tied in a bun, her face glowed with the help of makeup here and there. She was leaving Nigeria, for a really long time. She dragged her wheeled luggage on the floor as she went down the stairs, finding her mother making some coffee

"This will keep you alert!" Her mother notified. They were at the dinning table, Elizabeth grabbed her own share of the coffee and drank it all up. She was wearing something very simple, her floral dress, and some flat shoes. Miss Adegbite, a woman of early thirty- something, was looking younger than ever, with a decent office shirt and an office skirt.
Re: If You Must Know By Bisiebae by Nnazimway(f): 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2016
Chapter 2!!

1 Like

Re: If You Must Know By Bisiebae by Bisiebae(f): 9:20pm On Apr 01, 2016
Continuation of Chapter 1:

"I called Lateef, he will be here in a couple of minutes to take us to the airport" The divorced woman said, Elizabeth nodded and brought out her tablet, it was a Samsung Galaxy tablet. There had been several missed calls from Alex already.
She sighed.
-What da heck did he want?- She thought.
She rolled her eyes, and went through her Facebook notifications.

"Here are you multivitamins." Her mother notified, practically spoon feeding Elizabeth her drugs.

"Mom! I'm not a baby, haha ... I will take it soon" Elizabeth laughed good naturedly, getting ahold oh her drugs,and finally taking it.

Alex was calling again. Should she pick it? she thought. Elizabeth skillfully left her mother at the dinning table, without mother- dear being overly suspicious. She opened the door to the balcony, and stared out in the open streets of Nigeria, Yes, she was leaving her mother- land.

Except for her home, the other houses had no attractive air. The streets were full of junkies, hobos or men who had too much to drink. But after her mother's divorce with her father last year, Elizabeth was said to stay with her favourite parent, which is her mum.

The child support which her father sent monthly helped her mother raise enough money to get a house... yes! a house in one of the slums in Nigeria. But leaving Nigeria, there was a hint of sadness in her heart. She was leaving everything and everyone she knew and loved. Except for her mother, or the remaining dignity she has left. The good thing was that she was starting her life afresh, her mother and she needed a new start in their lives. She didn't need the likes of Alex ... oh she was calling...
Re: If You Must Know By Bisiebae by Bisiebae(f): 10:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
I wanna know what u guys think of it please! thanks! lotta love
Re: If You Must Know By Bisiebae by Weirdman: 11:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
FtC. ., *Takes front seat eating popcorn* this is going to be a nice story, ride on maim
Re: If You Must Know By Bisiebae by Bisiebae(f): 7:47am On Apr 02, 2016
I want to clarify some things

okay! About Elizabeth's age, she is 17. Now, this age is certainly a Nigerian high school graduate's, unfortunately, in America, she is still going to go to High school... I hope u love interracial relationships. Though, at first, there will be a kinda discrimination in which is obvious, this girl will have to deal with the Western Culture, and a new father.... Updating soon! happy reading.
Re: If You Must Know By Bisiebae by Fijumokesayo(f): 8:41am On Apr 02, 2016
I'm following, weldone dear...
Re: If You Must Know By Bisiebae by Bisiebae(f): 9:07am On Apr 02, 2016
Chapter 2

MEMORY BEADS

She didn't like the likes of Alex... Oh, he was still calling.

"Hello Alexander" Elizabeth coldly said. Even though she had saved his name (on her phone) as something totally repelling. Her hands rested by the table in the balcony, she was seated, and crossed her legs. A cup of juice hung loosely by her index finger. Her lips were dry and pursed. Was she nervous? No, she couldn't have been, she didn't even need to be mad at him anymore. She needed to stop hurting herself, in a few hours she might never meet him again.

"Lizzy, dis is unfair nau!"He said at the other side, there was something about that voice that made it seductively sexy. She used to drop dead at the hearing of the voice back then, but things were different now.

"What do you want me to do Elizabeth.... I keep telling u I'm sorry" Elizabeth shook her head, pathetically, memories were rushing back, her voice struggled to maintain it regality. Both of her hands firmly held the phone tight to her ear, she was weak, he made her weak.

"Alex... I can't be angry anymore, even if I force myself to be" She was almost murmuring as she said so. "I forgive you, okay? I'm tired of fighting" She completed, and her hands felt her cheek, oh no, not again, the tears were falling.
Re: If You Must Know By Bisiebae by Maximumfaith: 9:55am On Apr 02, 2016
EARLY WEEKEND RELAXATION MODE WITH SUCH AN INTUITIVE STORY. WELL DONE BRO! STOP LEARNING, STOP LIVING.

1 Like

Re: If You Must Know By Bisiebae by Bisiebae(f): 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2016
Please, I wanna hear ur complains, suggestions and criticism on the story. Thanks a lot.
Re: If You Must Know By Bisiebae by Bisiebae(f): 8:41am On Apr 03, 2016
Last time On "If You Must Know"
A young girl and her mother dream of a better future abroad, but the girl keeps getting calls digging up hidden memories.

CHAPTER 2

MEMORY BEADS
...continuation.

Oh no, not again, the tears were falling.
Elizabeth could have described herself as one of the unluckiest persons she knew, she wouldn't be wrong. As far as she knew, she was raised by a single parent, all those years which her father was with them didn't count.

Long before she grew as old, her mother had been battling with an emotional trauma. Her father was a cheat, had always been a cheat and will forever be.

Similar to her father, Alex was. Alexander was her first boyfriend, she met him at one of those local drinking joint. Those joints had shades outside, so if you love outdoor drinking, they got you covered. It couldn't have been called a bar, mostly spirits and cheap beer were sold.

Okay, Elizabeth wasn't exactly the most angelic of girls, but the Evening in which had ran to the joint, was the day her Father had been quarrelling with her mother. She was barely sixteen at that time, coupled with lots of puberty problems, it was a lot to handle.

It wasn't like her parents never fought, but that day was quite different, her father had been violent. She dejectedly entered the joint, what did she have to lose? There were several people outside the joint, they sat on benches, and laughed ridiculously at everything. The place was full of drug addicts, drunks and ladies of the night. It was no sight for teenagers, since some spoke in crude humour.

Elizabeth nonchalantly entered the drinking joint. A curtain acted as the door, there was no real music, except from a broken radio, it wasn't pleasant to hear from.

A young male in late teens or early twenties was serving the drinks. He wore a very dirty, green coloured apron. She signaled to him, he came immediately, alarmed at her age. It was found very often in African countries for alcohol to be sold without discretion, and besides it was a slum.

Wow! he was gorgeous, a very slim, and slick body. He had glowing brown skin, with large absorbing eyes, full lips, which was pink on the lower lip. Who said one couldn't find love in a club?

"Ehm, please, err, can I get a Chelsea dry gin?" she asked slamming some money on the table.

"Are you alright?" He asked worried- oh, damn that sexy voice- "You don't look well" He concluded, staring at Elizabeth that she almost tripped, sitting!

"uh...why? gimme please!" She asked, half flirting, half demanding for her drink, and fast.

"You are a minor... so,"

"So are you!" she fired back. She wasn't going home without a drink, now, to think of it, she felt very stupid to think alcohol could solve her problem, at least for tonight.

"I'm not drinking... besides I'm eighteen, and you will be in a lot of trouble" Alex threatened, he was standing right in front of her, a little bent to balance his height with hers. Oh no, she hated trouble, but why was she begging for it? " besides, know what drinking would do to that pretty face?" He grinned. He had a perfect set of dentition, very white and bright.

He was really hot, quite tall, maybe 5'8 feet, and we might be wrong, but it wouldn't be any lesser. He had curly, relaxed hair.

"Oh" Elizabeth quickly said, hiding her embarrassment.
Re: If You Must Know By Bisiebae by Bisiebae(f): 7:43am On Apr 04, 2016
Please I want to know what u guys think of it, cus I don't even think anyone is reading it. Thanks!
Re: If You Must Know By Bisiebae by ashatoda: 8:21am On Apr 04, 2016
it feels painful when writing and it seems there is no audience. I want to assure you that many people are following the story though silently. I started following it on the first day you made the first post. keep going others will join soon. meanwhile you could make mentions to notify people

1 Like

Re: If You Must Know By Bisiebae by Frei(m): 8:33am On Apr 04, 2016
Bisiebae:
Please I want to know what u guys think of it, cus I don't even think anyone is reading it. Thanks!
The Angels are. Well Structured beginning but why not make each chapter longer?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With The Kidnappers / How To Edit Your Writing Before Posting On Nairaland Or Publishing As A Book / My First Time In A Big City: A True Life Story Of Gabriella Pt1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.