Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu (18603 Views)

Ifesinachi Abductor Abdul Released After Police Pressure From Powerful Quarters / I Sold Ifesinachi Ani To Emir Of Zazzau-abductor / Ifesinachi Ani kidnapped In Abuja And Converted To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by Osyabj: 2:38am On Apr 02, 2016
The 14 year-old SS-2 student of Government Secondary School, Apo Resettlement, Ifesinachi Ani, who was abducted about six months ago and convert­ed to Islam, has been taken to the Central Police Station, Uwani, Enu­gu by her abductors.

The AUTHORITY newspapers have been running a series of news reports on this unfortunate teenag­er, who is among several other girls from the South East and other parts of the country, who were abduct­ed, taken to the north and convert­ed to Islam.

Among the news break on the girl were our reports that she was first taken to Zaria, before she was taken to Kano, and according to linkman to the abductors, one Baba Abdul, currently in the custody of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command, Ifesinachi was “sold to scouts” of a controversial Emir in the North West.

The AUTHORITY also pub­lished the telephone numbers of her suspected abductors, spoke with them and published our di­alogue with them over the mat­ter. The newspaper equally serial­ized other developments regarding the missing girl, who was proved to have been converted to Islam and adorned in Hijab by her abductors.

The AUTHORITY newspapers similarly published the photograph and other evidence to prove that the abductors do not just have Ifesin­achi in their custody, but are oper­ating “an abduction school” aimed primarily for the conversion and radicalization of their abductees.

Following strident publication of issues regarding the missing girl, her abductors, last weekend, decid­ed on their own, to take the girl to Enugu State, where she hails from and not to Abuja, where they ab­ducted her.
The person detailed to “quiet­ly sneak Ifesinachi to her parents”, providentially landed at the Cen­tral Police Station, Uwani, Enu­gu, ostensibly afraid that if he took the girl to her home town, Amaw­chi Awkunanaw, Enugu South Lo­cal Government Area, he might be molested.

Just last Friday, Ifesinachi and her abductors, telephoned Ifesin­achi’s mother, Rachael Ani, a wid­ow and okpa hawker, to lambast her over the decision to take the issue of her daugher’s abduction to the public domain through The AUTHORITY newspapers.
When they called Mrs. Ani, they stated: “We don’t know why you decided to make life difficult for us my taking this matter to The AUTHORITY newspapers. Your daughter will return next week (this week). But please, don’t make the issue public else, we shall deal with you”.

Ifesinachi who was allowed to speak to her mother but under the influence of her abductors, equal­ly complained over the decision to make the matter public and prom­ised to return.

Unknown to the mother, her daughter was somewhere around Enugu, but they were only trying to get a lid to enable them know how to handle the issue. This was how they took the decision to report at the Central Police Station and seek police protection.

Although the Police Public Re­lations Officer (PPRO) of the Enu­gu Police Command, Ebere Am­arizu claimed ignorance of the development, The AUTHORITY spoke with the Ifesinachi, her ab­ductor, the lady who first spoke with us the first time we started the investigation and also the step-fa­ther to Ifesinachi, who all con­firmed that the girl and her abduc­tors are at the Police station.

This reporter also informed the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Solomon Arase and the Commis­sioner of Police for the FCT, Mr. Wilson Inalegu, intimating them of the development and asking them to act fast and bring the cul­prits to book.

Investigations carried out by The AUTHORITY on Sunday, have revealed that Ifesinachi’s abductors are bold, daring and appear to be a well-funded syndicate. It was also discov¬ered that the primary aim of the group is to abduct and con­vert to Islam, as many teenagers as possible from Christian-dominated ethnic groups in Nigeria, for hand­some reward. The act is carried out through all forms of subterfuge, in­cluding deceit, hypnotism and fet­ish methods.

In this particular case, The AU­THORITY on Sunday pointed at a combination of these factors. This is because, Ifesinachi’s moth­er told the Editorial Board of The AUTHORITY that a self-styled Islamic teacher who lives near her residence at the Apo Resettlement Area of Abuja, simply called Baba Abdul, used some seemingly dia­bolical method to lure her daugh­ter to himself and in a jiffy, changed her character.

According to her, “immediately my daughter came in contact with this Baba Abdul who stays near us, her attitude changed suddenly. I could no longer understand the character of my child. She started to tell lies and disrespect me to the extent that I almost went mad. It was four days before they took my daughter away from us that I dis­covered what was happening”.

Recall that the Editorial Board of The AUTHORITY had two weeks ago called the abductors through one of the three tele­phone numbers provided by Mrs. Ani, and a female voice at the oth­er end said we should stop bother­ing about her.
The telephone numbers used by the abductors are: 08060598215, 08081170324, 07038310025. All these lines are still going through up till now.

The AUTHORITY on Sun­day dialed telephone number 08060598215, and asked one of the reporters who speaks Hausa language fluently to interview the receiver. A woman picked the call. Reproduced below is the transcript of our discussion with her then:

Wom-an: Who are you?

AUTHORITY: My name is (undisclosed) from Abuja.
Woman: What do you want?

AUTHORITY: I want to know the well-being of this lady, Ifesin­achi.
Woman: You said you name is (undisclosed) and you are asking of the well-being of If¬esinachi? Why do you want to know about her?

AUTHORITY: Is she alright?
Woman: She is ok. Who are you to Ifesinachi? You that is a Muslim, why are you asking about her? Are you a Mus¬lim or you just borrowed the name and put on your neck?

AUTHORITY: I am a friend to her uncle.
Woman: You as a Muslim, are you in support that they bring her back?

AUTHORITY: (Played along) I am not in support of bringing her back, but we just want to know if she is alright?

Woman: If she is not alright, her parents could have heard of it since. You as a Muslim, don’t you know what it means for other tribes to convert to Islam? If truly you are a Muslim, you should know the re­ward involved in all this. Also, as a Muslim that you claim you are, do you think Muslims will allow the girl to be ill-treated or cheat­ed? Please stop pretending, you are not a Muslim”.

Further calls put to the tele­phone numbers were still go-ing through up till the time of filing this report.

http://www.authorityngr.com/2016/03/Abducted-Ifesinachi-now-in-Enugu/

1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by asadike(f): 3:16am On Apr 02, 2016
Lord Jesus, onto your hands, i commit all my igbo sisters. As for me no alfa abi na muslim weapon fashioned against me shall prosper. Welcome home Ifesinachi. Buhari, jide nti gi aka! warn your uncircumcised brothers o. Our mums no dey born and train girls only for ur people to abduct and defile.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by Kenzico(m): 3:20am On Apr 02, 2016
OP abeg Can u post her pics!
Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by MrPresident1: 4:57am On Apr 02, 2016
Hope she never get belle
Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by M4gunners: 5:52am On Apr 02, 2016
Have they given her pregnancy again? Child abuse everywhere in the Zoo.

7 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by Osyabj: 5:58am On Apr 02, 2016
M4gunners:
Has they given her pregnancy again? Child abuse everywhere in the Zoo.

She is yet to undergo medical tests. It appears that pressure mounted on the Receipient who bought her, the Emir of Zazzau, Alhaji Idris, from get go, made him to release the girl. If he was pregnant , the Emir may have aborted the fetus to hide any thing that will tie him to the abuction and rape of Ifesinachi

9 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by UmuEri(m): 6:45am On Apr 02, 2016
The day they shall try this with any of my Niece, that day will mark the end of all the Muslim girls in my area.

If they abduct One, we shall abduct 25.

Useless people

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by kossyablaze(m): 7:10am On Apr 02, 2016
Ese's revealation is an eye opener

12 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 02, 2016
Now, before responding I want to issue this caveat

1.) I am not here to attack any tribe or religion.

2). I am not here to insult any one.

Now...on to my post.

a) We were originally told that Ifesinachi Ani left her mother's home after a disagreement, and then converted to Islam afterwards. There was also the insinuation that she had been attending conversion classes...

As her mother put it...
Mrs. Ani stated: “Last year, September 14, my daughter, Ifesinachi, informed me that she has decided to join the Deeper Life Bible Church. That was very close to the Easter period. She went to the Deeper Life Retreat with­out obtaining my consent, though she left a note for me saying I should pardon her for doing so. I scolded her when she returned for not informing me earlier. I told my pastor about what hap­pened and he cautioned her on her change of attitude to me but asked me to allow her attend Deeper Life. I didn’t want to agree because she is under-aged and moreover, I attend the Redeemed Chris­tian Church of God with every other member of my family. I later allowed her to be attending Deeper Life Bible Church.

[b]Unknown to me, she was not even attending Deeper Life. She was instead, at­tending an Islamic conver­sion class through one Baba Abdul, a Muslim who lives near our residence in Apo Resettlement. When I dis­covered what was happen­ing, I pleaded with the man to leave my child alone, but he refused, insisting that since the girl has begged him to teach her Islamic way of life and religion, he would just do that. When I accosted him, the second time, he said he had asked her (Ifesinachi), to obtain permission from me and that he believed she did that. It was two days after I accosted the man that the girl ran away from my resi­dence; apparently in con­nivance with the man.

“Before the time I discov­ered she was attending this Islamic conversion class, I noticed that her character has changed and she was no longer listening to me; she would no longer take my word or advice for anything. It was after she allegedly at­tended the Deeper Life re­treat and returned that I dis­covered she used that as alibi to be attending Baba Abdul’s Islamic teaching classes. I can tell you that her men­tality totally changed that time; she was just behaving abnormally as if something was happening to her. Baba Abdul is from Kogi State and I don’t relate with him, so, why should he take my child and teach her anything?[/b] Source

So, in other words....the girl was already in rebellion.

b) The girl's mother claimed to be a widow....yet we were told that...

ifesinachi’s mother, Mrs Ani reportedly ran away with her children from her matrimonial home in Enugu since about five years now and ended up living with her sister in Abuja, according to Mr Ani, who spoke in an interview with Daily Trust in Enugu.

Ani said it was wrong of his wife to have informed people that her husband (Ani) was dead apparently to win public sympathy, even when he (Ani) is still alive. Source

c) We also have people alleging that the Emir of Zaria took over the girl. Now...I am not a fan of the emir....but this is a man who has tried to keep the peace in Zaria between Christians and Muslims for decades. Infact, the reason why the Sharia riots of 2000 did not reach Zaria was because the man acted to stop his people from attacking settlers/nonindigenes.

At the moment we have no proof that the girl was taken to Zaria....except for a confession from a suspect who may or may not have been lying....to ''protect'' the abducted girl.

d) Ifr truly pressure was mounted on the girl's abductors....why did they take her to Enugu to see her father...who she had had no contact with in four years....why not take her back to Mummy and leave her there with a threat?

The girl was taken to Enugu and was first taken to the Ibo Muslim community there who called the Police. The Police then (RIGHTLY) arrested the guy who brought her there.

Daily Trust gathered that an Aba-based Muslim convert and trader who hails from Ogidi in Anambra State, Mr. Ifeanyi Haruna had ran into Amalatulla at Abuja, and acting as a good Samaritan, opted to bring the teenager to her father in Enugu to tell him that she was not abducted and was not forced to embrace Islam.

When Haruna handed Amalatulla to the Muslim community to contact the father, Mr. Ani, the community, first of all contacted the police at Uwani to avoid any suspicion in the girl’s movement from Abuja to Enugu, Daily Trust was informed.

However, upon getting to the station, Haruna, Amalatulla and her father, Mr. Ani, had been kept behind the counter since Monday without any formal charge made against them.

Of course....why did Mr Haruna NOT take Ifesinachi to her mother....why the father.?

In my opinion,it was because the girl herself REFUSED to be taken to her mother.....worried about punishment.

My conclusions

1.This is not a case of abduction. However...Mr Ifeanyi and co should be punished for harbouring a minor without the permission of her parents.

2. Ifesinachi and her mother have issues. I am not insulting them. When you bring up teenagers....they are very difficult to bring up. I think that the girl was already in rebellion against her mother...and decided to go off on her own.

3.I find the father's attitude to his daughter's conversion strange. Two theories...either he is a Muslim himself....or he is saying that as a means to spite the mother.

4.That the mother says her ex-husband is dead...when he is alive and well....shows that their split up was not amicable. Something must have gone very wrong for the mother to leave her house and to say her husband is dead . Maybe daddy was abusive or was playing around...I do not know.

5). I think it is high time our National Assembly passed a law that banns the conversion of minors EXCEPT with the written permission of BOTH THE PARENTS AND/OR THE GUARDIANS. (A similar law was attempted in Kaduna State in 1987...and was opposed).

6 Like I said from the begining...the girl was not abducted. Rather...this is a family feud that has gotten out of hand. I can only conclude that as Chirstians we must learn how to bring up teenagers. Teenagers are not the nice little children of four years old who loved mummy with all their heart. They are on the threshold of adulthood. (I recall at 15 realizing that I was going to be in university in two years time...sobering).Wemust evolve strategies to bring them up in the way of our Lord and Father without alienating them.

I have made my point. Good am.

Modified/addendum at 11:50 am

In stating my opinion above, I have received several responses. I am grateful for all of them.

I must also point out that one of my many problems with Nairaland is the way people use abuse as a means to disagree with someone. I am not saying anyone should not disagree with my post....I am saying that you can do that without calling someone empty head or the like.

To those who have wished me ill for making my points....I can only wish you well in return. I know the pain of hurt and loss, and I have learned over the years that forgiveness and love is the best response to any evil situation.

And it is good morning from me.

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by Scholes007(m): 7:29am On Apr 02, 2016
Hmmm, this is a very ugly situation, the FG should look into it and put some laws in place.
Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 02, 2016
hmmnnn, oriisiiriisii, things are happening...
Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by damton(m): 9:46am On Apr 02, 2016
praise the Lord
Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 02, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 02, 2016
M4gunners:
Has they given her pregnancy again? Child abuse everywhere in the Zoo.

Has?

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by greatness22(m): 9:48am On Apr 02, 2016
K
Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by Icecomrade: 9:50am On Apr 02, 2016

When it comes to religion, these Northerners are biase in respective of age, class, status.
None of them is coming out strongly to condemn this abductions and conversions.

All they do is put up defences that it was not an abduction.

TThis was how Boko Haram started. Church bombings, killings. They felt it was towards christians. None of them came up strongly to condemn it. Until it started getting at them.

Thats the reason why I ve never sympathetized with them even for once.

This abduction slide will turn someday against them. In their own case, their girls will be become Islamic extremist since they are not seeing anything wrong with these young Christian girls

9 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by missogbeta: 9:50am On Apr 02, 2016
ok
Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by fr3do(m): 9:50am On Apr 02, 2016
Ggg
Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by iyb(m): 9:51am On Apr 02, 2016
Osyabj:

She is yet to undergo medical tests. It appears that pressure mounted on the Receipient who bought her, the Emir of Zazzau, Alhaji Idris, from get go, made him to release the girl. If he was pregnant , the Emir may have aborted the fetus to hide any thing that will tie him to the abuction and rape of Ifesinachi
What will the Emir Do with that girl when he has his wives you just hate the north

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by iyb(m): 9:54am On Apr 02, 2016
razortruth:
This north people sef
Another hater your hatred will not stop the north nor it's people

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by HopeAtHand: 9:56am On Apr 02, 2016
If IPOb wants to start a war against Hausa/Fulani on this, i will willingly support them with all means possible, as i do not ordinarily like Hausas and fulanis.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by fulanimafia: 10:00am On Apr 02, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Now...on to my post.

a) We were originally told that Ifesinachi Ani left her mother's home after a disagreement, and then converted to Islam afterwards. There was also the insinuation that she had been attending conversion classes...

As her mother put it...

c) We also have people alleging that the Emir of Zaria took over the girl. Now...I am not a fan of the emir....but this is a man who has tried to keep the peace in Zaria between Christians and Muslims for decades. Infact, the reason why the Sharia riots of 2000 did not reach Zaria was because the man acted to stop his people from attacking settlers/nonindigenes.

At the moment we have no proof that the girl was taken to Zaria....except for a confession from a suspect who may or may not have been lying....to ''protect'' the abducted girl.

d) Ifr truly pressure was mounted on the girl's abductors....why did they take her to Enugu to see her father...who she had had no contact with in four years....why not take her back to Mummy and leave her there with a threat?

The girl was taken to Enugu and was first taken to the Ibo Muslim community there who called the Police. The Police then (RIGHTLY) arrested the guy who brought her there.

Of course....why did Mr Haruna NOT take Ifesinachi to her mother....why the father.?

In my opinion,it was because the girl herself REFUSED to be taken to her mother.....worried about punishment.

My conclusions

1.This is not a case of abduction. However...Mr Ifeanyi and co should be punished for harbouring a minor without the permission of her parents.

2. Ifesinachi and her mother have issues. I am not insulting them. When you bring up teenagers....they are very difficult to bring up. I think that the girl was already in rebellion against her mother...and decided to go off on her own.

3.I find the father's attitude to his daughter's conversion strange. Two theories...either he is a Muslim himself....or he is saying that as a means to spite the mother.

4.That the mother says her ex-husband is dead...when he is alive and well....shows that their split up was not amicable. Something must have gone very wrong for the mother to leave her house and to say her husband is dead . Maybe daddy was abusive or was playing around...I do not know.

5). I think it is high time our National Assembly passed a law that banns the conversion of minors EXCEPT with the written permission of BOTH THE PARENTS AND/OR THE GUARDIANS. (A similar law was attempted in Kaduna State in 1987...and was opposed).

6 Like I said from the begining...the girl was not abducted. Rather...this is a family feud that has gotten out of hand. I can only conclude that as Chirstians we must learn how to bring up teenagers. Teenagers are not the nice little children of four years old who loved mummy with all their heart. They are on the threshold of adulthood. (I recall at 15 realizing that I was going to be in university in two years time...sobering).Wemust evolve strategies to bring them up in the way of our Lord and Father without alienating them.

You have a good head on your shoulders.

Instead of these people to put their society and homes in order, they will rather blame everyone else for their frustration.

5 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by fr3do(m): 10:00am On Apr 02, 2016
UmuEri:
The day they shall try this with any of my Niece, that day will mark the end of all the Muslim girls in my area.

Useless people

being able to lay hands on 25 muslim girls in the Igbo heartland is disturbing. There shouldnt be that much muslims over there.

5 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by gulfer: 10:06am On Apr 02, 2016
This story smells of fish, was someone trying to play a prank on Nigerians?
Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by Nwadiala: 10:08am On Apr 02, 2016
UmuEri:

Useless people
Bros! Abeg no pray make e bi any of ur niece because all the northern women no worth my little Ukaoma including Aisha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 02, 2016
Ok.
Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 02, 2016
iyb:

Another hater your hatred will not stop the north nor it's people
I do not hate the north,my post didnt say so. Afterall, my brothers have been doing their business there for over thirty years.

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by Fourwinds: 10:17am On Apr 02, 2016
asadike:
Lord Jesus, onto your hands, i commit all my igbo sisters. As for me no alfa abi na muslim weapon fashioned against me shall prosper. Welcome home Ifesinachi. Buhari, jide nti gi aka! warn your uncircumcised brothers o. Our mums no dey born and train girls only for ur people to abduct and defile.
i just dey laugh u... D major blame still rest at d feet of d abducted girl.. When i was her age, i hardly see coins. Yet i was disciplined. My parents were of average in terms of income but i no get long throat for other people food or things.. But i had a sister who was opposite.. She only want enjoyment and things free... Though being younger Dan her, she got a boyfriend at her teenage age.. Now if a child knows dat d world is not a bed of roses he or she will take d rite path... Im happy for my decision den when i look back. If her mother sells pure, y cannt she stay with her and struggle on

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Ifesinachi Ani Sneak Her To Enugu by neocortex: 10:19am On Apr 02, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Now...on to my post.

As her mother put it...

My conclusions

You don't fail to disappoint, it is illegal to elope with a minor,
whether he/she agrees to it or not.
It is a pure case of kidnapping.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Kills Father In Anambra, Sets Corpse On Fire / Man Strangles And Bury His Day Old Baby In Katsina For Being A Girl / Anyone Who Commits Abortion In Nigeria Is Liable To Imprisonment — Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.