Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:42 AM

How To Register New Vehicle/update - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How To Register New Vehicle/update (578 Views)

New Vehicle Registration | Change Of Ownership | Vehicle Papers Renewal @carreg / New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun / New Vehicle Reistration & Papers Renewal Made Easy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Register New Vehicle/update by ontolegit(m): 6:25am On Apr 02, 2016
The attention of FRSC has been drawn to a write up in the social media on the issue of number plate registration and difficulties applicants go through in procuring vehicle number plates.

FRSC wishes to make clarifications on some of the misconceptions and innuendoes contained in the said publication as follows:

The FRSC responsibility is to design and produce vehicle number plates by virtue of Section 5(g) and Section 10 sub section 3(f) of the Federal Road Safety Commission (Establishment) Act, 2007. After production, the number plates are handed over to the States through States Boards of Internal Revenue (SBIRs) who now sell to the public. The payment for number plates by motorists is strictly within the purview of the States since such payments are regarded as road taxes. In like manner, registration of vehicles is also the responsibility of the State Licensing Authorities. The FRSC however, collaborates with the State agencies involved to set national standards and to develop a reliable national database for all registered vehicles in Nigeria.

To register a vehicle, an applicant is expected to go to the Motor Licensing Office of the State Board of Internal Revenue (SBIR) where he would be guided on the process and procedure of vehicle registration. Alternatively, the applicants can apply online by visiting www.nvisng.org and fill form MVA 01, submit the form, after which an item number will be automatically generated which will be taken to SBIR for necessary payment. The applicant will then be issued with necessary vehicle documents. These are Vehicle License, Certificate of Road Worthiness, Valid Insurance Certificate and Proof of Ownership Certificate.

The FRSC and SBIRs are not unaware of the activities of unscrupulous elements who are bent on circumventing the due process of vehicle registration for fraudulent and criminal purposes, and that was why processes are being put in place by FRSC in collaboration with SBIRs to checkmate their evil machinations. One of such processes is the development of the online Information Verification Portal (IVP) which affords applicants and vehicle owners the opportunity to verify online the genuineness of their vehicle registration and number plates.

Many fake number plates and faulty registration have been discovered through this platform. In fact, the security agencies have been able to track stolen vehicles as well as some vehicles used in the commission of crimes. This underscores the importance of the verification portal as a veritable tool in fighting fake vehicle registration and boosting safety as well as national security.

Let us also address the issues raised in more specific manner.
Re: How To Register New Vehicle/update by stchinedu: 7:05am On Apr 02, 2016
What about some of us who went through the right channel to procure our documents, licence and a confirmatory text message from auto registration to back it up and yet ended up with a fake plate number?

I got my documents and plate number in January, 2013. Last month, I decided to renew my papers before going for the new tinted permit(thank God for that decision), it was while processing the new papers that the FRSC officer discovered my number plate was fake. It was registered to an Infinity Jeep and mine is a Toyoga Jeep. He brought a print out of the full information to back up is discovery. I did not believe all he said, so I called the number on the print out and the owner of the number plate told me he had been using it since 2011...I had to change my number and this time, I decided to go for Abuja.

Imagine what would have happened if I had not verified it before going for tinted permit, it would have been a money fall for the police. The government is to blame for negligence...This is a daylight robbery, just like the numerous multiple taxation that the citizens face. I believe it is a deliberate act to sweep in money when 'the time is ripe'.
This is the ripe time, i guess. Many vehicles have been seized as exhibit for a car that was 'stolen'...trust our 'olopa', they are 'on top of the situation'

Some are now using their phones to check for the authenticity of vehicle licence on highways...imagine our 'olopa' using their 'hard earned money' to buy data and check vehicle licence...'orisirisi'

The list is endless...

Just check if yours is not 'fake' before you start speaking grammar on the highway or a police station.
Re: How To Register New Vehicle/update by Laverneitchel: 8:09pm On Mar 05, 2023
As a car owner, you have the responsibility of registering your vehicle with the state. It is not an easy job and lots of people often find it troublesome to go to the DMV offices every time they need to register their vehicle. This article will guide you on how to register a new vehicle in California with the help of carfax report.

(1) (Reply)

Naija Used Nissan Exterra #700000 / 2012 Toyota Prado TXL For Sale. See Picture / Honda CRV 2000 In Very Condition For Giveaway Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.